How long does it take you

Guest rising-flame

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what amazes my mum (and friends) is that i have 2 alarm clocks that go off (occassionally even three) a radio that comes on, and three seperate alarms on my phone and I can still not wake up in time to catch my lift. When i was at uni, if i had a morning exam my mum would call me twice in the morning to make sure i was up in time!

7.15am I wake up. And am out the door by 7.30am dressed but no make up on, hair not done (well besides sticking it under a baseball cap) and breakfast on the run. Now I know it would be easier to wake up earlier, But I have a 20 min wait for a bus at one stage. So it kinda makes sense to make myself look pretty then :D

Wake up at 6am, stay in bed for another hour an a half (unless it's too hott, then I get out straight away) until 7.30. Get up, shower, do teeth and all that crap, rush out (having had no breakfast usually), catch bus and do whatever homework I haven't done (which is usually all of it :rolleyes:) on the hour ride to school.

I have to set my alarm clock 6:00 every morning and if I get out of bed at 7:00 thats a great start for me. I leave the house around 7:30 to get to work for 8.

When I'm not at work I have to get up about 3 hours before my plans start and sometimes I'm pushing that. By the time I get out of bed, wash, blowdry and striaghten hair, make-up, brush teeth, get dressed and something to eat etc... I'm either just on time or slightly late.

And if I'm going out drinking i's even longer. When I'm out all day I'll get up about 9:30 to be ready for about 1:30-2:00.

I am able to dictate my own timetable - I work for myself. And I work better at night - meaning I usually go to bed between 3:30 and 4am!! (There is something wrong with me.)

So getting up in the morning means I get up when I want, and then do a bit of work while I have breakfast, and then I shower and stuff when I want to.

But I hate hanging around all day in pyjamas - even on weekends. It just feels wrong when it's a nice sunny day (which is most days where I live) to be stuck inside all scruffy too late into the day.

It depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. If I'm alone it takes maybe 30 mins if I'm lucky. However if it's just me and my boy, with no one to help, it takes forever. I can't just pick up and leave whenever I want. When I was working I'd always hit the snooze button at least three times. I hate early mornings. <_< I think the older I've gotten, the less time it takes for me to get ready.

Archived