American Idol Season 7

Guest Siog Alainn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A finale without Syesha? :(

Anyone else think the guys in general were...overated this season? From the beginning, they were considered to be the more talented group. I personally thought I would have purchased CDs from more of the girls than the guys.

I can agree, with the exception of David C (obviously). I really got to like Syesha towards the end.

I can imagine the final now...

"And the winner of American Idol season 7 is... DAVID!"

*blank looks*

Hehe... funny if one of them reacts to the David part, and think they've won without remembering that the other guy is named David also, and then it's really awkward when they read out the other guy's last name... Well, that would actually be pretty sad... but... you know... funny :P

I'm sure it will be more like "And the winner is... David... ... ... .... ... .... COOK!!!!!!!!"

For example.. or...

"And the winner is... David... ... .... ... ... Archuletta!!!!!!!!!!" (Don't ask me how to spell that, but I had to do one for him too or else David C might get jinxed :P)

Seyesha was good, but people must FINALLY be over the divas... There's only so many times you can hear Whitney, Mariah, Christina, etc before you want to insert a carnivorous earwig into your brain... Or maybe that's just me...

I think it's great that there's two boys in the final, although David A is the male equivalent of a diva as far as I'm concerned (just the singing style - I don't mean that he's demanding his blue M&Ms be separated from the green ones or whatever) so for that reason, and for the reason that I'd actually like to hear him on the radio, I hope that David C wins :)

I really wish that Carly had have made it further though. I wouldn't have minded seeing her in the final against David Cook :wub:

I can imagine the final now...

"And the winner of American Idol season 7 is... DAVID!"

*blank looks*

Hehe... funny if one of them reacts to the David part, and think they've won without remembering that the other guy is named David also, and then it's really awkward when they read out the other guy's last name... Well, that would actually be pretty sad... but... you know... funny :P

I'm sure it will be more like "And the winner is... David... ... ... .... ... .... COOK!!!!!!!!"

For example.. or...

"And the winner is... David... ... .... ... ... Archuletta!!!!!!!!!!" (Don't ask me how to spell that, but I had to do one for him too or else David C might get jinxed :P)

Seyesha was good, but people must FINALLY be over the divas... There's only so many times you can hear Whitney, Mariah, Christina, etc before you want to insert a carnivorous earwig into your brain... Or maybe that's just me...

I think it's great that there's two boys in the final, although David A is the male equivalent of a diva as far as I'm concerned (just the singing style - I don't mean that he's demanding his blue M&Ms be separated from the green ones or whatever) so for that reason, and for the reason that I'd actually like to hear him on the radio, I hope that David C wins :)

I really wish that Carly had have made it further though. I wouldn't have minded seeing her in the final against David Cook :wub:

I liked Carly in a way but I really do not like the way she somewhat 'screamed' instead of singing - I think she would have been so much better had she sanger more softer....but I guess that's just my opinion. Jennifer Hudson's And I Am Telling You is another example - loads love it, I personally hate it :P

David Cook sang:

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

Dream Big - Emily ? (there was a songwriting competition with two winners selected)

The World I Know - Collective Soul (and got really emotional at the end :wub:)

David Archuleta sang:

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton John

In This Moment - Brian ? (the other songwriting winner)

Imagine - John Lennon

I personally (being slightly biased :D ) think David Archuleta's choice we really predictable

In saying that however, I think he's going to win :( Even if he completed murdered Imagine with his Mariah Carey like embellishments :P)

Archived