The Work Thread

Guest Dean

^ I over-exagerated a little. But I went from retail to government and there was a huge difference to me. Retail I was on $17/hr and it was full on managing. Then I went into Public service and I was getting $18.40/hr (entry level rate, it depends on how old you are too and what qualifications you have) and the work load was nowhere near as full on. But then the section that I worked in, my boss never did anything and it was me and another girl to pick up the slack. All our boss seemed to do was talk on the phone and here she was earning all this money. <_< So I left and would happily go back to retail, even though it's less money.

However, that's only the admin side. I can't speak for other Government workers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've had four jobs in 3 years whilst juggeling high school :lol:

I've was at Pizza Hut for 2 months.

A Veternary (sp?) for 2 months. (For anyone who used to watch Burke's Backyard, the Vet Rob Zammit; he was my boss :P )

A Fruit/Veg store for 2 months

and currenty at a Cafe, been there for just over two years and love it. Good money, great tips and a bunch of people to work with. It'll be hard to leave the place when I go into a fulltime job after uni :( haha

Archived