The Work Thread

Guest Dean

Coming from the dream job thread, what is everybody actually do for a job? I work at McDonalds. Good hours, but the pay is crap. I get a little extra for being a Crew Chief though, so thats ok. I have open this Anzac Day, so have to be up to start at 5am, we always get really busy because of the dawn service.

What are everybody else's job's like?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't work at the moment. I stay home and look after my son. But I used to work at Wendy's (the Australian Ice-cream shop - not the American fast food place). I worked there for about 3 1/2 years, then got promoted to manager. Did that for another 18 months then left to do a Business traineeship. I kinda got sick of the place after 5 years. I did my traineeship with the Queensland Police Service (in the office), left to have my baby, then came back after 6 months and left again a couple of months ago. Stupid old woman, so immature and difficult to work with. You think that working with 16 year girls would be more b!tchy, but no, women in their 40s/50s are much much worse. Decided it wasn't worth the money anymore. I'll go back to work one day.

I retired as a School Principal in 1999. I now work as the Business manager of a counselling Centre which is associated with our church as a volunteer and work on a Casual Basis for our Country fire Authority in Victoria as a Wildfire Safety Facilitator and Fire Management Planner.

I work in the Hospitality Industry. Right now working just one job which is at Channel 7 canteen. Its an awesome job, pay's crap but the atmosphere there is awesome. I must admit tho it isn't my dream job. I want to work my way around the world as a chef. I am slowly getting my beginning's on.

I was a team secretary/pa, local charities manager and school links co-ordinator (last two additional new jobs for me) for an engineering firm. Been here for over 2 years permanently, but was temping on and off for them for the 4 years previously.

That was like me, I was a casual for a few months, then I got to be permanent part time.

Whoa what's the minimum wage in Aus??

I work for NZ Post. The hours are ok, 8:45-5:45, but I don't work public holidays or weekends. Pay's ok, but it would be better if I was in a corporate postshop instead of a franchise.

Archived