The Axel Hay appreciation thread

Guest standbyme

I didn't even though this existed.

I still believe that Melody isn't telling the whole story and that Axel isn't this bad person that everyone's making him out to be. And what, is he supposed to stay at home locked in his room in fear of running into Melody and making her feel uncomfortable? Pfft. I really wish HAA would show his side of the story and how all this has affected him. But no, I doubt we'll ever see it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also rolled my eyes at "Can you believe he only got 100 hours community service?" Well, that was after he'd been beaten into unconsciousness and left for dead. Or are we just choosing to forget about that part? I get the feeling she wouldn't be happy unless he was thrown in jail for ten years - heck, why not life? - where he could be assaulted, and probably more, just so he would know what she felt like. I guess that would be "justice." But then I wonder, how did Axel feel when Aden was laying into him, suffering a huge amount of physical trauma, wondering if Aden was going to stop or if he was going to keep hitting him until he died? As he was passing out from the pain, did he think it was the end? Did he wonder why his best friend was killing him? I do wonder how THAT must have felt.

I like Axel. I like him I like him I like him. I'm yet to see any reason why I shouldn't like him, so I like him. And I won't stop liking him until he does something that makes me not like him. He could have handled this better for sure, but his reactions so far have been pretty realistic and understandable, so I like him. I don't think he should be glared at and growled at or punished harshly and forever. And I also think he deserves to have a voice. I won't be happy with this storyline until he gets one.

Is it just the two of us now? Lol. I love Axel. He deserves a decent storyline. And is Aden going to pay for what he did to Axel? Because I'm sure that he's felt just as much pain and been just as traumatised as Melody over the whole ordeal. Yet, everyone seems to be justifying Aden's actions.

And 100 hours community service. Well love, at least he got punished and wasn't let completely off.

I don't particularly want Aden to get in trouble either, but I want Axel to at least confront him about it, ie: "What the hell was that about!?"

It's funny that no one cares what happened to him. I mean, Melody is traumatized, right? And people can see that, so that's what they're reacting to. But they weren't actually THERE for the assault. They weren't a part of it. So, if they care so much about her after her telling them what happened, shouldn't they have some sort of feelings for what Axel went through, considering that Aden is the one who beat him up, Geoff is the one who stood by and watched, and Belle is the one who found him unconscious on the beach and brought him to hospital? It's like it got covered in three or four unresolved scenes where Aden was defending his actions, Geoff was sulking about his own actions, and Belle was prying into Aden's psyche - none of that expressed any particular concern for Axel, because the consensus amongst those characters was that he must have deserved it for what he did to Melody, so there was no point doing anything about it. You'll notice that Tony didn't go to Axel's house and say "Mrs Hay, your son has been attacked by a boy from school and he should report it." Interesting, no? Even though he took the time to find out that Aden had no remourse for it. Did he do Axel the same courtesy before going to Melody's house? Don't think so. Just very interesting when you think about it all objectively.

And yeah Katie, think it's just us :P

I really like his character too because he was a smart arse but he was fun, and he was Aden's mate, but it's like they've robbed him of all humanity and personality now. He's just a prop for Melody. He has as much emotional involvement in this storyline as her ponytail. He deserves better.

^^ I'm fine with that. :P

Funny you mention that about Tony. I never thought about that until you did.

I don't think Axel should have changed his statement to the Police. I don't think he knows what really happened that night. He's just going off what Melody has said. He's obviously traumatised by it and I think he thinks that he would never do something like that. So it must be a real shock to him. I just wish people would show some concern for him.

Argh, I'm trying to sound intelligent, but it's late and the words just aren't coming out they way I would like them to.

^^ I'm fine with that. :P

Funny you mention that about Tony. I never thought about that until you did.

I don't think Axel should have changed his statement to the Police. I don't think he knows what really happened that night. He's just going off what Melody has said. He's obviously traumatised by it and I think he thinks that he would never do something like that. So it must be a real shock to him. I just wish people would show some concern for him.

Argh, I'm trying to sound intelligent, but it's late and the words just aren't coming out they way I would like them to.

Well I agree with you, so you must be making some kind of sense :P. I also dislike the implication that if he did assault her, while completely out of it to the point of not being able to stand properly and not even remembering it clearly, it must mean that he will escalate his actions into something worse, and that's why he should be punished, to deter him. He didn't mean for it to happen. If he did, he wouldn't have bothered going to Melody afterwards - he would have just called her a liar and denied everything from the start, and ridiculed her openly and cruelly if she said otherwise. I think the thought of being able to do something like that, to think you have that kind of darkness inside you, is deterrent enough to be way more careful about it in future. And I think he was genuinely sorry that Melody was so upset, which is why he turned himself in. I don't think he ever meant to do anything like that, and I think it's wrong of Melody to be acting like he did and like he should pay for it because he's such a horrible person who doesn't deserve to go on living his life... He's not horrible. He made a mistake - IF he did what she said he did - and he was scared to admit it, because he was scared of going to the police. God, wouldn't you be? Who knows what they could have done to him - all it takes is someone on a power trip, or looking to make an example of the no-good youth of today. He's a teenage boy who got wasted and felt up a teenage girl at a party. That might sound like trivialising it, but it is that any worse than dramatising it? That is, if we are to believe what Melody has said, what happened. I'm just looking at the facts, and the fact is that Axel didn't mean for anything to happen, which is why he was so keen to forget about it - he wasn't proud of what he thought might have happened, he ASKED Melody how much she remembered, and she said nothing happened, so why then should he be treated like scum for running with that story? IF something happened, the initial reaction from both of them was to try and forget about it. Then Melody changed her story, but Axel didn't want to change his because he was still scared... and it took Melody's confrontation for him to see that that was probably about as bad as it was going to get, and he should maybe try and do something to fix it now. Which still isn't good enough for some, it would seem... The fact is, whatever happened, he can't change the past, and he shouldn't be expected to let it consume his future. If he's able to accept that it was a mistake and move on and learn from the experience, I say more power to him. But again, it would be great to be able to hear him say ANYTHING for himself.

I think I love this thread.

It seems people only cared about him either because he was hot or because he was NOT a rapist. Now they are given a one sided story and suddenly there's no appreciation for him anymore except for a few. What I do know is that when I started an Aden appreciation thread people didn't really recurringly post in it until he had a backstory and they were given a reason to care for him because before that all Aden was was a bully with nothing better to do then pick on Geoff or Rory or someone else weaker than him because it made him feel better. Just wait until Axel gets his own special little tiny frame on the opening and you'll see all the posts.

I originally liked Axel but that was when he had the occasional funny line or whatever when I didn't really have to invest into him, now that I have I'm not convinced that he is a strong enough character to be a favourite of mine he may turn into one but until then you won't see me in here anymore, just giving you my reason for not being here and my take on the Melody thing. Its not that I don't like him because he attempted to rape someone it's because I haven't been given a reason to like him. Just know that people are SHEEP when they see they are suppose to like him they will.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived