Your dream job

Guest rising-flame

I would love to do charity work. But hey, I'm too young. :rolleyes:

Photography would be another one. Voluntary work at ISPCA and the DSPCA would be great! I would also love to take over this country. :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

when you've written the first episode, post it on here somewher would you. sounds an interesting concept

Well, this isn't my Summerland/AYBS/Vicar concept - I have been rewritting Summerland scripts to my style - this is the general style of all my scripts, if anybody is interested in seeing it.

*CLOSE IN ON THE GREGORY HOUSEHOLD – THE SUN IS MID SKY. AVA GREGORY AND SUZANNAH REXFORD ARE SITTING AT A BENCH IN THE STUDIO, AVA IS LOOKING UP TOWARDS NIKKI’S BEDROOM*

AVA GREGORY: SHOULD I GO UP THERE AND SEE WHAT THEY’RE DOING?

SUZANNAH REXFORD: WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED? YOU TRUST THEM, DON’T YOU?

*AVA IS DEEP IN THOUGHT*

AVA GREGORY: THEY ARE 15, WHICH MEANS RAGING HORMONES, BUT I KNOW NIKKI WANTS TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL...

SUZANNAH REXFORD; AND HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN GOING OUT?

AVA GREGORY: I MIGHT JUST GO AND SEE WHAT THEY’RE UP TO...

*AVA WALKS UP THE STAIRS AND PUTS HER EAR TO THE DOOR, HER FACE SHOWING DEEP CONCENTRATION*

AVA GREGORY: I CAN’T HEAR ANYTHING

*NIKKI’S DOOR IS OPENED AND AVA IS KNOCKED BACK, SHE STANDS UP AND BRUSHES HER CLOTHES, SHE LOOKS AT NIKKI WESTERLEY AND CAMERON BALE – CAMERON HAS HIS MP3 PLAYER ON AND NIKKI IS HOLDING HIS HAND, THEY ARE LOOKING AT AVA WITH QUESTIONED LOOKS*

NIKKI WESTERLEY: AUNT AVA?

AVA GREGORY: YES NIKKI

*AVA GREGORY IS RUBBING THE SIDE OF HER FACE – SUZANNAH REXFORD IS LAUGHING*

NIKKI WESTERLEY: WHAT WERRE YOU DOING?

AVA GREGORY: WELL, NIKKI, I WAS JUST, UM...

SUZANNAH REXFORD: SHE WAS SPYING ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU WEREN’T DOING WHAT I WAS DOING AT YOUR AGE.

AVA GREGORY: SUZANNAH!

SUZANNAH REXFORD: WHAT?

*CAMERON IS LOOKING AT THE FLOOR, HIS MP3 PLAYER GOING*

NIKKI WESTERLEY: RIGHT... YOU KNOW YOU CAN TRUST US, ANYWAY, WE’RE GOING TO THE MOVIES, IF THAT’S OKAY WITH YOU

AVA GREGORY: OF COURSE IT IS, BUT DO YOU WANT ME TO PICK YOU UP, IT’LL BE DARK ONCE THE MOVIE GETS OUT

NIKKI WESTERLEY: CAMERON’S DAD IS PICKING US UP, ISN’T HE CAM?

*NIKKI PILLS THE HEADPHONES OUT OF HIS EARS, AVA LOOKS AT HIM*

NIKKI WESTERLEY: YOU SEEM TO BE LISTENING TO THAT A LOT LATLEY...

CAMERON BALE: I JUST GOT USED TO IT, REALLY

NIKKI WESTERLEY: SO, YOU’RE DAD...

CAMERON BALE: ...IS PICKING US UP AFTER THE MOVIE

AVA GREGORY: OKAY THEN, HAVE FUN

*CAMERON BALE AND NIKKI WESTERLEY WALK OVER TO THE FRONT DOOR

SUZANNAH REXFORD: AND DON’T DO ANYTHING I DIDN’T DO...

AVA GREGORY: SUZANNAH!

SUZANNAH REFORD: WHAT?

*BEACH IN PLAYA LINDA – BRADIN WESTERLEY IS WALKING UP TO JAY ROBERTSON’S SURF SHOP*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: IS ANYBODY HERE?

*ERIKA SPALDING WALKS OUT OF THE STOCK ROOM*

ERIKA SPALDING: OH, BRADIN – I THOUGHT YOU WERE AWAY ON THAT SURFING TOUR

BRADIN WESTERLEY: YEAH, I WAS, BUT I'VE DECIDED TO TAKE A BREAK – CATCH UP WITH FAMILY AND ALL THAT

ERIKA SPALDING: OH, RIGHT, WELL JAY ISN’T HERE AT THE MOMENT, BUT I THINK NIKKI IS AT THE MOVIES WITH CAM AND DERRIK, AVA AND SUZANNAH ARE AT THE HOUSE, AS FOR JOHNNY, WELL, I DON’T KNOW WHERE HE IS

BRADIN WESTERLEY: RIGHT, THANKS FOR THAT ERIKA

*BRADIN WESTERLEY WALKS TO THE DOOR OF THE SHOP AND OUT ONTO THE BUSY PLAZA

ERIKA SPALDING: YOU’RE WELCOME

*BRADIN WESTERLEY WALKS ALONG THE BEACH, STAIRING OUT AT THE SURF, HE SIGHS. LOOKING BACK HE SEES AN ATTRACTIVE GIRL WALKING ALONG. HE WALKS UP TO HER*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: HI I'M BRADIN...

FAITH: ...AND I DON’T CARE

*FAITH KEEPS WALKING ALONG, BUT BRADIN FOLLOWS HER*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: ARE YOU NEW AROUND HERE?

FAITH: NOT REALLY, NOW GOODBYE

*FAITH WALKS UP TO THE PLAZA. BRADIN STANDS ON THE BEACH, STAIRING AT THE GIRL*

*AIRPORT IN CALAFORNIA, JAY IS WAITING AT A TERMINAL, HE LOOKS TO HIS SIDE AND SEES TWO BLOND TEENAGE MALES, HE STANDS UP AND MAKES HIS WAY OVER TO THEM*

JAY ROBERTSON: GREG!

*THE SHORTER OF THE TWO BOYS TURNS AROUND, HE RUSHES UP TO HIM AND FLINGS HIS ARMS AROUND JAY’S NECK, THE OTHER BOY STANDS WITH THE LUGGAGE*

GREG ROBERTSON: HEY, UNCLE JAY

*THE BOY SPEAKS IN A STRONG AUSTRALIAN ACCENT, HE PULLS AWAY FROM JAY, THEY MAKE THEIR WAY OVER TO THE OTHER BOY AND GREG’S LUGGAGE*

JAY ROBERTSON: HEY YOURSELF. MY GOD, YOU’VE GROWN SO MUCH SINCE I LAST SAW YOU, HOW LONG’S IT BEEN, 5, 6 YEARS?

GREG ROBERTSON: TEN ACTUALLY

*THE BOY GREG WAS WALKING WITH GAVE A SMALL COUGH*

GREG ROBERTSON: OH, UNCLE JAY, THIS IS A FRIEND OF MINE, TOMMY FFING – TWO F’S, HE’S GOT FAMILY OUT HERE AS WELL

JAY ROBERTSON: WHAT? MORE AUSTRALIANS IN PLAYA LINDA? I DIDN’T KNOW THAT.

TOMMY FFING: ACTUALLY, I'm BRITISH, BUT HAVE LIVED IN AUSTRALIA MY WHOLE LIFE – MY AUNT IS BRITISH.

JAY ROBERTSON: SO, YOU’RE STAYING WITH YOUR AUNT, THAT’S PRETTY COOL, STAYING HERE LONG?

TOMMY FFING: YEAH, A FEW YEARS – I WANT TO CONTINUE MY SCHOOLING OUT HERE.

JAY ROBERTSON: AWESOME.

*TOMMY FFING LOOKS AROUND AND SEES A WOMAN*

TOMMY FFING: THERE’S MY AUNT – I BETTER GO.

GREG ROBERTSON: I’LL CALL YOU TONIGHT.

*TOMMY FFING NODS*

JAY ROBERTSON: IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU TOMMY, WE BETTER GET A MOVE ON OURSELVES GREG, I DON’T THINK ERIKA WANT’S TO BE LOOKING AFTER THE SHOP ALL DAY.

*BRADIN IS WALKING PAST THE ICE-CREAM STALL AND NOTICES FAITH, HE WALKS UP TO HER*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: HI

FAITH: OH, THE JOY, HELLO

BRADIN WESTERLEY: IT’S BRADIN

FAITH: I KNOW, SO WILL YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?

BRADIN WESTERLEY: NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME

FAITH: IT’S FAITH, NOW GOODBYE

*FAITH STARTS WALKING AWAY, BRADIN FOLLOWS AGAIN*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: YOU SAID YOU WEREN’T EXACTLY NEW AROUND HERE, IN WHAT WAY?

FAITH: YOU DON’T GIVE UP, DO YOU?

*BRADIN SHRUGS*

BRADIN WESTERLEY: NOT REALLY, NO

FAITH: WELL, I'VE BEEN TOLD I HAVE A KILLER PUNCH, SO IF YOU DON’T BACK OFF, I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO USE IT ON YOU

*FAITH WALKS AWAY, BRADIN STAIRS AT HER, GIVING A SMALL CHUCKLE BEFORE SMILING*

You have to have seen the episodes Signs and Safe House to get what I'm on about (Bradin was on a surfing tour and suddenly returned wthout notice and Cameron was getting abused by his dad). What do you think?

My idea, the working title of which is "Liberty" is set on a Terran Colonial Starfighter Carrier (my term for a space-age aircraft carrier, like the Galactica). Basically, the TCSC Liberator is the sole survivor of a shock planetwide coup by a South American dictatorship who had secretly developed an unprecedented armada. The series revolves around the Captain's efforts to retake control of Earth, the interpersonal conflicts of the crew, and the romances of two Power-Couples.

The lead characters are:

* Captain Zachariah Whelan: Late 50s, veteran Captain of the TCF, spent 15 years on the Liberator. Is initially happy with isolation from Earth but doesn’t hesitate to take on responsibility for the fleet following the Earth massacre. A much fairer commander than Steven, recruiting Cheryl in spite of (or perhaps because of) her history. A combination of William Adama and Jack Meadows.

* Commander Steven Mercer: Mid 30s, Wheeler’s XO and Squadron Commander for 4 years. Excessively judge-mental where his officers’ backgrounds are concerned, but nevertheless a capable pilot and a fair commander. However, it is clear that he would rather risk any life other than his girlfriend Liz, making him self-centred. He is forced to work on this flaw when Liz is killed, leaving him with nothing to fight for but peace. Liz is another in a long line of friends he has lost in battle. A combination of Saul Tigh and Neil Manson.

* Governor Chris Burton: Mid 40s, Governor of the Martian colonies in Mariner Valley, Deimos and Phobos. Initially an honest leader, his integrity is shattered when he is held hostage, and tempted by a conspiracy to take control of Earth for himself. A combination of Gaius Baltar and Tom Chandler.

* Lt. Cmdr. Cheryl Jane Osbourne: Early 30s. Spent 2 years in the squadron before promotion to Security Chief and Squadron XO. When she was 16, she and her friend Tessa were abducted and raped, and accidentally killed the boys trying to escape. Cheryl was accused publicly of murder, in the media and by the families of the boys, and although neither was charged, her reputation has been tainted by the experience to the point where Steven initially avoids assigning certain missions to her. Cheryl is hurt and angered when Steven uses this against her, not just because he is holding her back but rather because he has no qualms about dredging up painful memories. A combination of Kara Thrace and Sam Nixon.

* Lt. Cmdr. Sebastian “Seb” Joyce: Early 30s. Liberty 4, and the most junior senior officer, despite being older than Lt. Cmdr. Bryant. Assigned as Helm/Tactical officer. Attracted to Cheryl, and prepared to risk his career for her by inciting a pilot-strike in the middle of a inter-planetary emergency. A combination of Lee Adama and Max Carter (although I haven't actually seen him yet).

* Lt. Cmdr. Louisa Bryant: Late 20s. Liberty 7. Steven’s third in command in the squadron, and Cheryl’s Chief Investigative Officer. Cheryl’s best friend and Tyrone’s girlfriend. From the beginning she is a fair, honourable pilot, but she is revealed to be as corruptible as Governor Burton, resulting in a shocking betrayal of the fleet. Also prepared to do almost anything for Cheryl, but will not publicly support Seb’s plan for fear of losing her position. A combination of Sharon Valerii and Zain Nadir

* Lt. Valentin Porter and Lt. Amanda Ratcliffe: Both Early 20s. Liberty 11 and 12 respectively. Both are straight out of flight school and join the Liberator on the day of the coup. As a result they are about least capable pilots on board, although Amanda is slightly more qualified. Val's attempt to chat up Amanda in the ship's lounge is an unmitigated disaster, but they do build a relationship over the course of the season. Amanda is a combination of Louanne Katraine and Sally Armstrong. Val is a combination of Billy Keikeiya, Gary Best, and myself.

* Lt. Kate Fullerton and Lt. Shane Hanson: Both Mid 20s. Liberty 5b and 8b. Both join the ship within week's of the attack, and both replace much-loved officers who had been killed in battle They were rivals and on and off lovers at the academy, so it is only a matter of time before they get back together. Equally qualified as far as flying goes, but Kate is a better detective, earning her a job in the ship's Security Office. Kate is a combination of Anastasia Dualla and Emma Keane, while Shane is a combination of Alex Quartararo and Will Fletcher.

haven't seen any of summerland so from that aspect i can't comment. Are these you're own scenes or adapted?

These are my own scenes - it's just the story that needs to be known - the characters of Greg and Tommy are my own as well - in epsiode 2, a huge secret is revealed about them.

My dream job would be to work in the entertainment industry, just so i can meet celebrities and go to awesome parties :P

But i would also love to be a events coordinator. I went to a showcase last night, and i found my inspiration, and now i want to be one, and organise big and/or small events. It looked like fun, and the people you meet is amazing :)

Archived