Anti-Rachel Thread

Guest emmasi

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the UK episode where Rachel tells Jimmy that they're not friends. It just felt patronising the way she said it, I mean she used to be a psychiatrist shouldn't she know that telling a mentally unstable patient that they're not friends when he clearly is under the impression that they are and trusts her might not be the best idea? And 'you're my patient, I'm your doctor, we should keep things professional' didn't apply with Kim now did it :rolleyes: .

It did, for about a week. He got annoyed and childish about it - wow, what are the odds of a 19 year old with mental/emotional/drug problems getting irational! - and then Rachel was IN LOVE with him about two weeks after that :rolleyes:

She's a nutcase obsessive. Should have seen it from the start.

I can taste the hatred in my mouth after watching two Rachel episodes in a row... I'm not sure words are enough to describe it, but that's all I've got, so here goes:

Rachel... I... HATE... her!

She is so deluded! I don't even know where to start!?!!

I - I just don't!!

And the lies! THE LIIIIEEEESSSS!!!!!! "I've known Joe since he was born." ...................................... hhhhhWHAT!? :blink: You knew him for like a WEEK and haven't had anything to do with him for TWO YEARS! And as for your "special bond," you've spent maybe two days with the kid, most of that time you were busy making Dane out like a child-basher and shuffling him off to Queensland as fast as possible, and now you're expecting Joe to leap into your arms and call you mummy, all because you *could* have adopted him once upon a time...

My GOD woman!!

I am so glad that other doctor told her to wake up to herself. But of course, Rachel's still not in the wrong. No, she's doing all of this for Joe, out of the kindness of her heart, because she can't BARE to watch him suffer... as his doctor and as his mother! It has absolutely nothing to do with her wanting to steal a child from anyone at any cost because she's absolutely obsessed with babies. How the hell did Kit make it out of Summer Bay alive? I'm surprised Rachel didn't cut Archie out of her womb when she had the chance >.<

And on the subject of Archie... and Kim...

How DARE she speak his name! :angry: How DARE she say it in front of Tony, as if Tony means NOTHING to her!! MY GOD! What is WRONG with that woman? Has she no consideration for ANYONE but herself!? I - I just can't believe she would do that!! She basically told Tony that if she and Kim had have adopted Joe, then she wouldn't need HIM at all :angry: That is so unbelievably cruel! ARGH! And the look on Tony's face! That's exactly how he took it, and no doubt why he's caved so easily on the issue... Not that Rachel gave him any choice in it AT ALL :rolleyes: Yeah Rachel, sure. You and Kim would have happily adopted Joe, and the fact that Kit turned up with his baby wouldn't have mattered at all. Uh huh, sure. No jealous insanity and crushing Kim's spirit at all...

God she's a despicable creature. At least she seems to be losing it now. Her little hissyfit breakdown about how she's soooo much better than Dane at everything and it's just not fair that she doesn't have Joe microchipped and registered in her name...

Ugh... I don't even have the strength to keep going! :rolleyes:

She gives Dane no credit at all either.Joe isn't his yet he's been looking after him for who knows how long.I'm actually surprised he called tonight,i thought he was gonna do a runner.

And i can't believe she said what she did to poor HotDads face!

I'm starting to wonder if they're writing like this for a reason or just have no idea what to do with her.She's all over the place.

I can taste the hatred in my mouth after watching two Rachel episodes in a row... I'm not sure words are enough to describe it, but that's all I've got, so here goes:

Rachel... I... HATE... her!

She is so deluded! I don't even know where to start!?!!

I - I just don't!!

And the lies! THE LIIIIEEEESSSS!!!!!! "I've known Joe since he was born." ...................................... hhhhhWHAT!? :blink: You knew him for like a WEEK and haven't had anything to do with him for TWO YEARS! And as for your "special bond," you've spent maybe two days with the kid, most of that time you were busy making Dane out like a child-basher and shuffling him off to Queensland as fast as possible, and now you're expecting Joe to leap into your arms and call you mummy, all because you *could* have adopted him once upon a time...

My GOD woman!!

I am so glad that other doctor told her to wake up to herself. But of course, Rachel's still not in the wrong. No, she's doing all of this for Joe, out of the kindness of her heart, because she can't BARE to watch him suffer... as his doctor and as his mother! It has absolutely nothing to do with her wanting to steal a child from anyone at any cost because she's absolutely obsessed with babies. How the hell did Kit make it out of Summer Bay alive? I'm surprised Rachel didn't cut Archie out of her womb when she had the chance >.<

And on the subject of Archie... and Kim...

How DARE she speak his name! :angry: How DARE she say it in front of Tony, as if Tony means NOTHING to her!! MY GOD! What is WRONG with that woman? Has she no consideration for ANYONE but herself!? I - I just can't believe she would do that!! She basically told Tony that if she and Kim had have adopted Joe, then she wouldn't need HIM at all :angry: That is so unbelievably cruel! ARGH! And the look on Tony's face! That's exactly how he took it, and no doubt why he's caved so easily on the issue... Not that Rachel gave him any choice in it AT ALL :rolleyes: Yeah Rachel, sure. You and Kim would have happily adopted Joe, and the fact that Kit turned up with his baby wouldn't have mattered at all. Uh huh, sure. No jealous insanity and crushing Kim's spirit at all...

God she's a despicable creature. At least she seems to be losing it now. Her little hissyfit breakdown about how she's soooo much better than Dane at everything and it's just not fair that she doesn't have Joe microchipped and registered in her name...

Ugh... I don't even have the strength to keep going! :rolleyes:

Lol, I can almost feel your hatred radiating out of the computer screen.

Seriously she actually said that? Like she the words actually came out of her mouth :angry: , that's so mean, even for Rachel .

I'm a little confused though, is she supposed to be unhinged and psychotic? Like are the writers delibrately having her breakdown like this, or is this just on of those times when a main character behaves completely irrationally and yet it's never actually acknowledged?

I mean I remember when Leah was really bitchy towards Jazz and jealous over Miles, and jumped to conclusions about Jai and some stolen cash but I don't recall anyone calling her on it. So is this unhinged behaviour from Rachel going to just be glossed over and are the other characters going to carry on indulging her or is it actually going to be dealt with? The whole baby thing's kind of reminding me of Dr Charlotte right before she died and she was desperate for a child and even asked Flynn to donate sperm. Only with her she was told how unreasonable and selfish she was being and she realised herself, and she apologised.

I just wish the writers would acknowledge that Rachel isn't perfect, that she has major flaws as a person instead of having her and all the other characters believe that she's this perfect member of the community whose every whim must be indulged even when she's clearly in the wrong. I mean if this was Jazz, or Amanda or Josie they'd have half of Summer Bay queing up to lecture them on what they'd done wrong, either that or they'd be shunned by the town for daring to go against their idea of perfectionism. But of course Rachel's a doctor and a long standing cast member how could she possibly be wrong :angry: .

Well it's been pointed out to me that Rachel might have actually been talking about herself and Tony when she said "us," not her and Kim. I don't buy it, but there you go, it's open to interpretation.

Still, if that is what she meant, nice to know that she just assumes that she would get custody of Joe over Kim. I'm sure she would since she's the "mother" and he's younger and was jobless at the time thanks to her forcing him to have kids before he was ready and then running him out of town because he dared to be there for his biological child over her... but there it is.

Archived