2008 - Overdue or Overjoyed?

Guest Skykat

Summary

Brad returns to the Summer Bay for a few nights to visit all his friends especially Sally. When he arrives Sally offers to let him stay at the Caravan Park. The night he arrives, they both go out for a few drinks but end up getting drunk and realise why it was they had been together in the first place. They share an intimate evening together. They both agree it was a mistake and to not mention it again. A few days later when Brad leaves, Sally realises she’s fallen pregnant with Brad’s baby. Sally can’t believe this has happened but of course, wants to keep the baby. Sally decides she wants to raise the baby in Tasmania with Brad.

Script

CAST IN SCENE SALLY, BRAD, ALF

Sally rings Brad to tell him she’s fallen pregnant with his baby after they had a one night stand and that she wants to move to Tasmania with Pippa to raise the baby.

1. BRAD

Sal, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you. Is something wrong?

2. SALLY

I wouldn’t say something’s wrong but there’s definitely something big that’s happened.

3. BRAD

I see, and are you going to tell me this big news?

4. SALLY

Do you remember the night when you came over and we got really drunk?

5. BRAD

How could I forget.

6. SALLY

Well, the thing is... I’ve fallen pregnant Brad

(moment of silence)

7. SALLY

(Continued) Brad....you still there

8. BRAD

Yeah, I’m here. I just can’t believe it.

9. SALLY

Neither could I. But I also want you to know I’m going to keep the baby and I really want you to be a part of the baby’s life. I know you have a life in Tasmania with Tam and Heather but I think I can be a part of that life too if you’ll let me.

10. BRAD

You mean you want to come live with us?

11. SALLY

Well yeah. I just think the baby will need both of us to be there for it, and that wouldn’t work if we lived in two different places. I think Pippa and I and you could make a fresh start. I just want us to be happy....together.

12. BRAD

Well in that case, if you’re up for the challenge then so am I

13. SALLY

(relieved) I’m so glad you said that Brad, that’s all I wanted to hear. I know it’s going to be hard leaving all my friends and family but if that means I can have another little baby then I’m willing to leave Summer Bay. I’ve also missed you unbelievably much and I want for us to be together. You, Pippa and this baby mean the world to me and all I want is for us to start a future together.

SALLY realises ALF was listening in to the whole conversation

14. SALLY

Mr. Stewart. I had no idea you were here. Is there something you wanted?

15. ALF

I heard the whole conversation Sal. You’re pregnant! I couldn’t be happier for you.

16. SALLY

Really? I wasn’t sure how’d you take the news

17. ALF

All I want to know is why you didn’t tell me sooner

18. SALLY

I was going to tell you, I just didn’t know how

19. ALF

So you’re leaving the bay to live with Brad, eh?

20. SALLY

It’s for the best Mr. Stewart

21. ALF

Yeah I know it is. I’m just really going to miss you, that’s all

22. SALLY

And I’m going to miss you too

(SALLY hugs ALF)

23. SALLY

(Continued) But this doesn’t mean we’re never going to see each other. You can visit whenever you want, after all, this little one is going to need a grand-father

24. ALF

I’ll always be in your life Sal.

Archived