Behind Broken Eyes

Guest Evil_gummy_shark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks :) The next chapter should be up within a few days (meant to be doing assigments) the next chapter will also have a loy of Aden and Roman friendship and of course, Aden/Belle development

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :wub:

cant wait... :D

A/N: I really really need a beta reader, I really struggle to read my own stuff :blink:

Aden didn’t return to the Diner, he also didn’t bother returning school. Skipping school wasn’t the easiest thing to do; he tended to get caught because Roman was of course best buddies with one of his teachers. The first thing he did when he returned to Roman’s was head straight for the shower. Feeling unclean, feeling dirty may have been a rape cliché but it was true, at least it was for Aden.

Aden knew turning on the shower a little too hot and scrubbing obsessively wasn’t going to make him feel clean again, he doubted anything ever would. Stepping out the shower he quickly got dressed into the clothes that he grabbed from his room before getting in the shower. He dumped his clothes and towel in his laundry hamper before heading downstairs. It didn’t take him long to spot Roman.

“I missed a lesson” Aden said “Big deal”

“This isn’t about that” Roman told him “It’s about your father seeing you” Roman said

“Who told you about that?” Aden asked

“It doesn’t matter” Roman said. Belle, Aden thought to himself. It had to be that little slag. “Aden..”

“Do we need to do this” Aden said “He’s a drunken prick but I’m past caring about him or what he does” He nodded “I don’t have daddy issues or any issues!” He snapped before storming out closing the door behind him

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When Aden saw Belle she was walking with the Bible worshippers, of course dressed in her trademark punk slut clothes. Not that he minded her trampy clothes, he really did have an appreciation for Belle’s constant lack of clothing.

“Belle” He shouted, she turned around as did Annie and Geoff who where giving Belle confused look. “Go away kids” He said to Geoff and Annie ”I need to talk to punk slut barbie” He told them, Belle scoffed.

“Punk slut barbie?” Belle rolled her eyes “Did you come up with that one by yourself” She said

“Belle” Annie said, she still didn’t like or trust Aden.

“I’ll meet you guys back home” Belle said, both Annie and Geoff gave her worried looks. “Go” Belle told them, “its fine” She promised them as they reluctantly left “Great people skills you got there” Belle told him walking a little closer to Aden.

“I know you did it”

“Are we going to have an I know what you did last summer moment?” Belle asked “Cause I haven’t ran over any fishermen for a good three years” She said sarcastically

“You told Roman about my father” He said

“I didn’t tell Roman anything about your dad” Belle told him

“Really, then who did?” Aden snapped

“Gee, I don’t know one of the many people who saw you talking to your dad my guess would be Colleen”

“How would you know anyone else saw us?” Aden snapped

“Because this is Summer Bay” Belle said “And you fought on the beach, not in private”

“You were the only one who saw us”

“No I’m the only one who heard you” Belle told him

“You heard” Aden said, he had expected that after all but didn’t like it being confirmed.

“Yeah, I did” Belle told him “And that’s what your really pissed at me” Belle said “Because you think I’m as low as you and that I told everyone what I heard to mess with you”

“You may have convinced everyone else that you changed, but I know better” Aden said “Your as self absorbed and manipulative as you always where, you and me were no different”

“What could I possibly get from telling people about your past Aden?” Belle asked him

“You’re a journo” Aden nodded, justifying his own paranoia. “You said it yourself; it would make a good article”

“I quit that job weeks ago idiot” Belle rolled her eyes “and by the way I did that because I didn’t want to treat people like they nothing or as a way to further my career” Belle finished “I’m nothing like you, Aden” Belle spat “And I’m not going to tell anyone what I heard”

“What did your dad want?” Axel’s voice said as they sat on class.

“What?” Aden asked

“Your dad, he was at the Diner remember?” Axel reminded him

“Nothing, he just wanted me to move back home” Aden shrugged and then paused “Did you tell Roman you saw my father”

“Yeah, he wanted to know where you were” Axel told him “Why?”

“No reason” Aden said

“Have you worked out who actually talked to Roman?” Belle asked him

“Axel” Aden told her

“I told you it wasn’t me” She said, before beginning to walk in the opposite direction.

“I’m not apologizing” Aden told her, Belle rolled her eyes and turned to face him.

“I wouldn’t expect you to” Belle told him before turning back around.

Next Chapter – Let the Mind Games Begin, Aden turns someone against Belle in an attempt to prove she hasn’t changed as much as she wants people to think.

“Belle” He shouted, she turned around as did Annie and Geoff who where giving Belle confused look. “Go away kids” He said to Geoff and Annie ”I need to talk to punk slut barbie” He told them, Belle scoffed.

“Punk slut barbie?” Belle rolled her eyes “Did you come up with that one by yourself” She said

That was such a classic... :D

“You were the only one who saw us”

“No I’m the only one who heard you” Belle told him

that is such a classic Belle....its amazing how so much can be said in such a little sentance

“You may have convinced everyone else that you changed, but I know better” Aden said “Your as self absorbed and manipulative as you always where, you and me were no different”

that is such an Aden line all over... :wub:

update soon

Aden had managed to get through the weekend without Roman questioning him too much. He was glad that Roman seemed to understand the fact that he wasn’t ready to tell him. It wasn’t something he wanted to share; he still had that strong sense of guilt and shame that tended to walk hand in hand with abuse victims.

The first thing that Aden noticed that Monday morning was Geoff watching him.

“What?” Aden snapped at him, Geoff looked down and then turned his attention to his locker. Aden walked over to him. “Either admit to your man crush so I can beat the crap out of you or stop looking at me.

“Why did you attack Belle?” Geoff asked looking up at him.

“I wasn’t attacking her, attacking generally involves violence” Aden smirked “Unless you’re one of the pathetic ‘words hurt more than fists’ types” He said sarcastically, anyone who said crap like that had never been hit a day in their life. At least not by someone who was supposed to protect him. No, he wasn’t going to think about his father or grandfather. As always Aden decided to distract himself from his troubling inner thoughts by picking on someone else. “You really don’t know your little foster sister at all do you?” He grinned, this would be fun.

“What is that meant to mean?” Geoff asked him.

“She’s a slut man” Aden told him “I think she’s slept with all her male friends”

“She...” Geoff began to say but Aden cut him off before he could defend the little slag’s honour (not that she had any).

“Ric, Drew, Lucas, Drew again” Aden smirked “I think Luke got the raw end of the deal, he actually had to date her for more than a week to get into well, her” he smirked at Geoff’s disgust at his explanation of it and he had to push it further. “You know I remember when Belle came to town, bad things just tended to happen when she arrived, things got stolen and set on fire, good times”

“You’re lying” Geoff decided nodding his head.

“You know I’m not” Aden grinned “You can’t tell me she’s never had played house with Drew” He grinned as Geoff looked at his feet. “If you don’t believe me talk to Ric she did rob his house” Aden continued “I’m sure Colleen will tell you all about Belle when she first arrived” Geoff slammed his locker shut and walked away. Aden continued to grin as he walked to class, that was far too much fun.

Belle sat at home sitting on the couch with her computer on her lap. She had been looking at University courses, she had always planned on going to uni. Ok, that was a lie when she lived with her adoptive parents she was miserable and would have not gone to uni just to **** them off. When she was living in the bush she only had time to think about food and her mom but after living with Irene she began to think of it. Irene really had given her more confidence, hope and direction then she would ever know.

So now Belle was considering uni, she loved working at The Den with Leah but it wasn’t what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. She heard the door open and she looked up to see a slightly distressed Geoff. She sighed heavily as she closed her laptop and rested it on the table before she walked over to Geoff.

“Isn’t skipping class a sin, are you sure you won’t get struck by lightning?” She grinned and Geoff for some reason didn’t give her his beloved ‘respect god’ speech. “What’s up?” She asked him.

“Uh, I was talking to Aden” He told her not even looking at her, what the hell.

“That’s never a good idea” Belle told him, wondering what the hell Aden did now.

“A lot of things, about you” Geoff said looking at anything but her. “You and guys and pre-marital..” Geoff stopped and Belle rolled her eyes.

“Sex” Belle said “You you really need to learn to say it” Belle told him “and come on you had to know that, why did you think Drew slept in my room so often”

“I thought you were at least in love with the guys you where with” Geoff said “But Aden said you were with him and Ric a few days after you started dating them, and you were with Lucas to mess with Drew” Belle rolled her eyes “He also told me you stole, and set fires” Ok, she was going to kill Aden and it was going to be slow and very painful!

“It’s complicated Geoff” She sighed but she knew that she could never explain her past actions to Geoff, in his world there was only right and wrong. Belle’s world was a lot more complicated than that, the fact that she stole to survive, or set a fire to save Drew wouldn’t matter. Geoff always made her feel judged and she hated it. “Not everyone lives ‘life according to Geoff’” She told him

“Its life according to God” Geoff corrected her.

“Would you stop the pathetic preacher act” She rolled, really Belle didn’t mind that people had religion. What bothered her was when people judged her, made her less of a person because she didn’t live life a certain way. It reminded her of her oppressive upbringing where her so called parents rejected her because she didn’t follow their rules. She didn’t think about it much but her parents rejection (even if they weren’t her real parents) was a wound that ran deep and one that would probably always be there. She knew that was why she got so upset when Geoff judged her.

“I’m not preaching!” Geoff defended himself

“Please, you’re the most judgemental person I’ve ever met” She told him “and that’s saying a lot” She told him as she walked back to the couch and grabbed her bag before heading outside.

“Where are you going?” Geoff asked still annoyed at her.

“To kill Aden” She told him as she slammed the door behind her.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Belle arrived at Summer Bay High with a determined look on her face, she walked through the halls noticing everyone was at their lockers. Perfect, she thought to herself as Mattie walked up to her.

“Belle, what are you doing here?” She asked

“Getting revenge” She said as she walked towards the ‘Aden groupies’. “Isn’t Aden Dreamy?” She asked the two girls who were drooling over Aden from a distance. “You know I wouldn’t read into the fact that he had to get a HIV test” She paused “Huh, wonder if he’s positive” Belle noticed Aden looking at her at that point, she smiled and waved like they were old friends before walking out of the school. Mattie stood there stunned, what the hell had just happened, the groupies left giggling and Aden who had heard nothing of what Belle said followed her out.

Archived