Kylie Watson (Shauna) comes out

Guest stuartch

If I was thinking stereotypically I would have guessed she might have been a lesbian; if I'm honest mainly cos of the short hair, which I know obviously means nothing, and I'm usually the first one to say appearance/butch-ness has no reflection on someone's sexuality. After her coming out and Tim/Dan Baker previously, makes me wonder who else from the cast could be gay/bi.

It's a bit sad that she's just come out, about 6 years after she left h&a? and Tim Campbell came out after he left home and away. I just find it weird. The guy who played Danny Moon in Eastenders was gay and proud...and came out whilst he was on it. There's a thing with Jonathan Ross interviewing Pixie and Bea from Cell Block H on youtube...and he said, the lesbianism in Cell Block H was quite controversial, then Val Lehman (Bea) said something about , australian being more modern and ahead on the times, but i just don't agree with that? Australian seems more conservative than the UK, with regards to homosexuals.

It's a bit sad that she's just come out, about 6 years after she left h&a? and Tim Campbell came out after he left home and away. I just find it weird. The guy who played Danny Moon in Eastenders was gay and proud...and came out whilst he was on it. There's a thing with Jonathan Ross interviewing Pixie and Bea from Cell Block H on youtube...and he said, the lesbianism in Cell Block H was quite controversial, then Val Lehman (Bea) said something about , australian being more modern and ahead on the times, but i just don't agree with that? Australian seems more conservative than the UK, with regards to homosexuals.

There are so many openly gay celebrities in the uk - Paul O'Grady, John Barrowman, George Michael, Elton John, Will Young... It's quite refreshing, but sad that it's not the same in Oz. Funny that there are so few female celebs coming out though - surely there are some out there?! For some strange reason it seems to be less acceptable for women to be gay than men, which doesn't seem right to me. :huh: Go figure!

Maybe they just don't think it's any of our business...and they'd be right.I don't think OZ is more reserved,nobody cares about Tim Campbell and Anthony Callea...though they should care about Anthony's tragic hair!

There are so many openly gay celebrities in the uk - Paul O'Grady, John Barrowman, George Michael, Elton John, Will Young... It's quite refreshing, but sad that it's not the same in Oz. Funny that there are so few female celebs coming out though - surely there are some out there?! For some strange reason it seems to be less acceptable for women to be gay than men, which doesn't seem right to me. :huh: Go figure!

I've always had the impression it's the other way around :huh:

Maybe they just don't think it's any of our business...and they'd be right.I don't think OZ is more reserved,nobody cares about Tim Campbell and Anthony Callea...though they should care about Anthony's tragic hair!

Yes they certainly should! I was sad to see Anthony leave It Takes Two this week, but at least we're rid of that hair. Always an upside, eh :P?

I think it might be a contract thing, some sort of producer hang-up, because it's not like Tim held some shocking press conference to dramatically admit to being gay... I think he just said, "Yeah, I am." I can understand actors being worried about getting type cast. I think it's probably easier for singers because they don't have to worry about portraying a believable straight character to an audience that knows for a fact that there's no real attraction there. But then again, there have been some very convincing gay roles played by straight actors, so I think it's just a bit of paranoia.

Anyway, it's not like Tim's hiding himself away. There's talk of him hosting Wheel of Fortune soon, and if I know him I think there will be some polite flirting with contestants either way :P

Archived