Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

:o I remember Warren doing the whole shooting thing, that's when Willow went all evil! That was quite unexpected.

Another that has come to my mind.

The OC / Not sure what episode. I think it was the 2nd last episode of season two. When Kirsten and Caleb had that big fight and Kirsten's screaming how Caleb is going to die old and alone. Later on when Julie goes to kill Caleb with those drugs- he actually has a heart attack and drowns. Her jumping into the pool to save him was all too emotional. On some level, Julie did love him. Though the last scene was truly heartbreaking when Sandy told Kirsten what happened, she felt guilty after what she said to Caleb and also after just stating she'll stop drinking - she picks up the vodka and walks away. :( Those scenes were so good.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H&A:

- Flynn telling Sally he had cancer. Everything leading up to that one moment was heartbreaking. :(

- Tony learning of Beth's death :(

- The whole episode where we learned of Noah's death

Oaks:

- More recently, Simon's attempted suicide. That whole part was horrible. From watching everyone hurling the abuse to him outside to watching him being taken out by the ambulance. It was strange, given that the character had been in the show a short length of time.

- Baby Grace's death. Awful to watch but superbly acted.

- JP walking away from Craig at the airport. Wasn't the saddest moment EVER, but having supported the relationship from the start, was a little horrible.

- Mandy finding Tom in the graveyard. Still goes down as one of the best episodes ever.

There's a million and one others from various TV shows. But there the ones that stick out the most. Probably because they're the only shows I was regularly. lol.

Scrubs

So many moving moments.. but...

1) In episode 3 of season 1 "My Old Lady", J.D. narrates that if you don't count the Emergency Room and the maternity ward, it is said that 1 out of 3 people admitted to hospital will die there. The song "Hallelujah" plays over a montage of J.D., Turk and Elliot trying to help their patients but then it cuts out as all three patients flatline, and they all die :(

2) Ending to "My Catalyst" with Michael J. Fox standing in the door of the operating theatre, turning the lightswitch on and off.

3) J.D.'s realisation that Carla has post-partum depression; part of a montage in which Carla lies in bed hugging her baby, crying.

4) Probably the most tear-jerking though, is where J.D. and Dr Cox attend a funeral, supposedly for a patient, but they walk across to the place where it's happening and you see all the guests arrive, and then you realise that it's actually Ben's funeral, and he was the patient who went into cardiac arrest earlier (the patient was never named).

5) Connected to this one, Ben finding out he has leukemia.

Hollyoaks

1) O.B.s exit; Max walks away, and Tom goes "You're stupid! Why didn't you hug O.B.?" and Max replies "Cos we're blokes, blokes don't hug"... but then he runs back and they hug anyway :wub:

2) Hannah realising that her mum had found her food diary and hidden food, and breaking down crying.

3) Mandy's brief return after disappearing, and they show highlights of her years on the show.

Scrubs

So many moving moments.. but...

1) In episode 3 of season 1 "My Old Lady", J.D. narrates that if you don't count the Emergency Room and the maternity ward, it is said that 1 out of 3 people admitted to hospital will die there. The song "Hallelujah" plays over a montage of J.D., Turk and Elliot trying to help their patients but then it cuts out as all three patients flatline, and they all die :(

2) Ending to "My Catalyst" with Michael J. Fox standing in the door of the operating theatre, turning the lightswitch on and off.

4) Probably the most tear-jerking though, is where J.D. and Dr Cox attend a funeral, supposedly for a patient, but they walk across to the place where it's happening and you see all the guests arrive, and then you realise that it's actually Ben's funeral, and he was the patient who went into cardiac arrest earlier (the patient was never named).

Oh yeah. That Ben thing in particular is so sad :(. Another one that makes me cry is when there's a patient that's been on the transplant list for so long that she just wants to either get the new heart (I think) or die because she honestly doesn't mind dying, it's just the waiting around that she can't stand. And then she dies, and JD sees her singing "I'm just waiting for my real life to begin." And the rest of the cast (who can sing...) join in from their own storylines. Even the janitor :P. It's a really beautiful scene.

1) O.B.s exit; Max walks away, and Tom goes "You're stupid! Why didn't you hug O.B.?" and Max replies "Cos we're blokes, blokes don't hug"... but then he runs back and they hug anyway :wub:

2) Hannah realising that her mum had found her food diary and hidden food, and breaking down crying.

3) Mandy's brief return after disappearing, and they show highlights of her years on the show.

OB's exit had me blubbing like a baby. Not so much because the exit was sad just because I knew it was the end of OB's character and of Max & OB. The hug was worse than I expected because when OB picked Tom up at the end, he kind of turned his head away and I got the impression it was Darren Jeffries (Who played OB), getting emotional, rather than the character.

Oh! Another Hollyoaks one! Bonfire night a few years ago. Stacey and Lee are using Bombheads house to have sex in and find his mum's body. And then Bombhead gets in and starts crying because they're going to take her away. I remember watching that episode so clearly. :(

Oh I remember that thing with Bombhead. It was such a terrible thing but Lee (is that his name?) played an incredible performance.

Anyone remember the episode where Claire tricks Max into jumping into the lake, and then he nearly dies? I remember crying with happiness when O.B. showed up and punched her in the face! I think me and just about 1 million other people across Britain cheered at that moment xD

Another one that makes me cry is when there's a patient that's been on the transplant list for so long that she just wants to either get the new heart (I think) or die because she honestly doesn't mind dying, it's just the waiting around that she can't stand. And then she dies, and JD sees her singing "I'm just waiting for my real life to begin." And the rest of the cast (who can sing...) join in from their own storylines.

Yep, I love that moment too. But I didn't really get the addition of the random woman singing with Kelso and Ted xD

Loved Turk and Carla's bits though.

Oh, and in "My Lunch", the bit with Dr Cox trying to resus the patient, and he eventually just yells and throws the equipment away, and him and Carla start crying. That bit always gets me, but why did they speed up that version of 'How To Save A Life'?!

Ohhh and also at the end of "My Cabbage" - that patient Mrs Wilks who's been there for like, ever, and she's finally all better, but then Cabbage accidentally passes on an infection to her on his way out, and she turns green and you just know she's gonna die :(

OH and the whole final 3 minutes of "My Bright Idea" where Carla and Turk announce the baby and everyone hugs them :D

Lol I've just started a list of awesome Scrubs moments...

There was a very movign scene in the telemovie The Unexpected Journey (aka Miracle Run) when the twins (who are autistic), are bullied in the school bathroom, they break down into a panic attack, and their mother is called down to the school to sort it out, she tries to calm them down as the bell rings, she then suggests they go to lunch, the character of Steven (played by 14 year old Zac Efron) screams out through tears, "They'll make fun of us!" to which his mother (Mary-Louise Parker) replies, "Let them! Let them! It just proves you're better than them," or something to that effect. This telemovie made me stop thinking of Zac as Troy Bolton, but as a serious actor (This premiered in Australia in 2008 on The Hallmark Channel)

There was also a scene in Summerland, in the episode Safe House when Cameron, after finding out Nicky told Ava that his dad was physically abusing him, goes to see Nicky and he breaks down in her arms as he tells her that his dad gets drunk and bashes him, but the next day promises him that he will stop, Nicky tells him that if his dad doesn't get help, he could get seriously injured, Cameron then becomes very emotional and starts crying, which starts Nicky off, a very moving scene. (The scene went something like that, it's been years since I've seen it.)

There was also a scene in Summerland, in the episode Safe House when Cameron, after finding out Nicky told Ava that his dad was physically abusing him, goes to see Nicky and he breaks down in her arms as he tells her that his dad gets drunk and bashes him, but the next day promises him that he will stop, Nicky tells him that if his dad doesn't get help, he could get seriously injured, Cameron then becomes very emotional and starts crying, which starts Nicky off, a very moving scene. (The scene went something like that, it's been years since I've seen it.)

I remember that even though I didn't really watch Summerland all that regularly (although, because Ryan Kwanten was in it I ended up watching quite a few episodes after all :P) and it was a pretty good episode.

I always remember the scene in Home and Away when Flynn told Sally that he had cancer, you could hear any words that were being spoken and everything seemed to be in slow motion, then Sally collapsed into Flynns arms. A true tear jerker :(

I'm sure i will come up with loads more :P

Archived