Sad Songs

Guest Luc

Whitney Houston

One Moment In Time

I Will Always Love You

Run To You

You Give Good Love

I forgot about this one! I still think Dolly Parton's version is sadder (to me anyway) because she actually sang it about someone (it was after she decided to go solo and left her recording partner Porter Wagoner, she wrote this song to say that she was holdinh jim back, and that he was doing the same for her, so she left him, but would always love him. It was also used in her movie The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas after her characters whorehouse "The Chicken Ranch" was shut down after 150 years. I really need to get a life :lol: )

This video was first aired at Porter Wagoner's 50th Anniversary at The Grand Ole Opry (a country music hall), Dolly sang it to him, knowing he had lung cancer, a few days later he passed away. This makes it even the more sadder to me. It is not a complete video.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad songs i know:

Westlife- Angel, Seasons In The Sun

Jennifer Love Hewitt- Take My Heart Back

Oasis- Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Alex Parks- Cry

Johathan Rhys Meyers- This Time

Air Supply - Goodbye

Blue- Breathe Easy, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Brad Paisley- Whiskey Lullaby

Mariah Carey- One Sweet Day

Fields of Gold - Sting

That song always makes me feel like crying :(

Leann Rimes - How do i live

Whitney Houston - Run to you

Shania Twain - Fron this moment on

Leona Lewis - Footprints in the sand

Billy Ocean - They'll be sad songs

Diana Ross - When you tell me that you love me

James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt - Somewhere out there

Luther Vandross - Every year, Every christmas

Celine Dion - My heart will go on

Lonestar - I'm already there

Rascal Flatts - What hurts the most

May I just correct all of you on your Sting song. :P

Fields of Gold sung by Eva Cassidy is FAR more sad. It may be because everytime I hear that song I think about her story, but it still gets to me.

Anyawy, I'm a loser who loves sad songs... so I was rather pleased to see this thread. Here are some sad songs.. (Not "ball out your eyes" sad... just slow and meaningful and about sad stuff.)

The Beauty of the Rain - Dar Williams

Photographs and Memories - Jason Reeves

You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol

I'm Already There - Westlife (Just one bit nearly made me cry once. It's effected me since.)

Nan's Song - Robbie Williams

And that's all I can think of right now. :)

It's a sad song, and sadder because it was used as a memorial for two teen actors who died in Canada, Jaclyn Linetsky (the voice of Calliou & Megs in 15/Love) & Vadim Schneider (Sébéstian in 15/Love)

It's a sad song, and sadder because it was used as a memorial for two teen actors who died in Canada, Jaclyn Linetsky (the voice of Calliou & Megs in 15/Love) & Vadim Schneider (Sébéstian in 15/Love)

yeah i love that song ... but it made me cry when they died!

Archived