Tim

Ada

Daniel Bennett

Bobby

Holly

Mark

Chris S

Chapter 41

“Em,” Sarah said softly into Emily’s ear, making her stir out of her sleep. She opened her sleep deprived eyes and looked over at Sarah.

“What time is it?” Emily asked her pulling the blankets up to her chin.

“Six.” Sarah replied cuddling into Emily.

“Why did you wake me? You do realize we didn’t go to sleep till half past three.”

“Because…” Sarah replied waiting for Emily to remember.

“San Francisco?” Emily replied sleepily.

“Yeah, remember, we are going there for a few weeks? Remember to see my parents?”

“Oh yes, I remember now.” Emily said as she sat up slowly.

“Have you even packed?” Sarah asked her letting Emily rest her chin on her shoulder.

“Whoops…”

“Its okay, how about you go back to sleep and I will do the packing?” Sarah asked her gently. Emily lifted her head off of her shoulder and gave Sarah a light kiss.

“I take that as a yes.” Sarah said as she watched Emily bury herself back under the covers.

Sarah brushed her hair out of her eyes and put it into a loose pony tail as she headed down the hall to the closet to collect the empty suit cases to begin packing.

“Paulie!” Jodi sang as she jumped on to his back, forcing him to hold her legs and not fall.

“Jodes.” He replied biting his lip trying not to let go.

“I did a bit of thinking last night and the funniest thing is, that I asked Ada for advice.”

“Do you mean advice or a gamble?” he asked her.

“Hey! I don’t gamble! I leave that up to Ada and Tim.” Jodi laughed.

“Maybe, anyways what’s up?”

“Well, she kind of talked me into, well we have been married for a few months and well, I am thinking maybe it is time for a, well you know…”

“Baby?”

“Yes.” she replied slowly. Running her fingers along Paul’s upper bare arms, he shivered.

“Ha-ha I won! For once!” Ada shouted excited running towards them with Tim not far behind her.

“Wait! No you didn’t! We didn’t shake on it!” Tim protested.

“Who cares?! Cough it up!”

“No, you cheated!” Tim continued arguing.

“No! That is my twenty!” she said as she grabbed it off of him. She tore down the halls with Tim chasing her.

“Excuse me!” Daniel Bennett bellowed as Ada ran right into him.

“Sorry, we were just…” Ada began.

“Running around like a six year old?” he supplied for her.

“Not exactly.”

“Just go. Go to where ever you are meant to be and no more running around.”

Ada and Tim quickly walked off, as Ada slipped Tim the twenty dollars.

“No more cheating?” he asked her. Ada nodded in response.

Bobby stood outside Holly’s dressing room. He brought his hand up to the door to knock. But, before he could the door was opened.

“Juliet…” he said softly.

“I beg your pardon? Why are you in a tux and holding a bunch of sunflowers?”

“Juliet, it is I, your Romeo.”

“You’re delusional.” she raised her eyebrow, pushing her hair behind her shoulders.

“Maybe. I wish to… I wish to…” Bobby stumbled and reached into his pocket, for his notes. He had forgotten what he was going to say.

“Bobby, is this some kind of joke? Because if it is, I’m running late for an appointment, and you’re holding me up quoting Shakespeare.”

“I could quote someone else?” he suggested.

“What is this all about?”

“Well, I kind of have a small crush… make that a big possibly huge crush on you.” He closed his eyes for a moment, he saw them sitting down on the beach by the fire. “Just you, me, and, marshmallows…” he said softly.

“Excuse me?”

“Sorry, uh, so what do you think?”

“I think I am married.” She replied bluntly.

“So?”

“Bobby, when I said ‘I do’ I meant it and still do.”

“I thought you liked me...”

‘I’m sorry if I sent the wrong signals but…”

“No, this isn’t how it was meant to happen. We were meant to kiss.”

”Seriously, were you dropped on the head when you were a baby?”

“No…” he said slowly.

“Go ask your mother. I bet you were.”

Bobby handed her the sunflowers. She stopped talking and put them on the table.

“Bobby, look, even if I did like you, it wouldn’t matter; married, remember?”

“Is love a tender thing? It is too rough, too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn,” he asked Holly sadly.

“You’re quoting again.”

“Sorry…” he said sadly.

“Here.” she said as she opened her arms up and offered him a hug; of course he went right into her arms and hugged her. He slowly pulled back and kissed her on the cheek.

“Thy wont be forgotten, not now not ever.” With that Bobby left.

“'I’ve known a few guys who thought they were pretty smart. But you've got being right down to an art. You think you're a genius; you drive me up the wall. You're a regular original, a "know-it-all"” Mark sang a-long to his ipod, as he read his script in front of him.

“You know, you’re not going to remember those lines singing?” Chris Sadrinna spoke up as he took a seat next to Mark.

“Ohwooh, you think you're special. Ohwooh, you think you're something else. Ok, so you're a rocket scientist...That don't impress me much!”

“Ok then, Dan wont be to happy.”

“So you got the brains, but have you got the touch?” Mark sang as he pulled the earphones out of his ears. “What did you say?” he asked Chris.

“Never mind mate, have fun learning your lines.” Chris replied as he hopped out of his seat.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kat your just plain evil, that would kill me to write it :P

Characters.

Nic

Claire

Ava

Becca

Averyl

Amy Mathews

Amy Mizzi

Ray

Sharni

Jessica

Emily

Sarah

Daniel Bennett

Jodi

Paul

Rhys

Chris H

Chapter 42.

As Becca walked around Nic and Claire’s lounge room, she yawned and placed Ava on her hip. Becca ran her finger along the mantle piece collecting dust.

“Do you think if I dust this, I might gain some brownie points?” she asked Ava, who just gurgled in response. She walked out into the laundry and grabbed the furniture polish and an old rag.

“Stay here and learn how to clean. You’re going on a crash course in dusting,” Becca laughed as she placed Ava on the couch. She took down a few random shots of Ava just after she was born; Claire and Nic standing on the Sydney Harbor Bridge; and a cast shot. She sprayed the polish and ran the rag over the mantle piece cleaning it.

“You know, I bet your mum won’t even notice that I did this,” Becca laughed. “Oh well, she can’t say I never do anything for her.”

Just as Becca had put the photos back and placed the duster and polish away, her mobile rang; it was Averyl.

“Hey you,” Becca said answering the phone as she sat next to Ava on the couch.

“Hey. You with Ava now?” Averyl asked Becca as she threw the last of her old math’s homework from school in the bin.

“Yep, it feels strange to be here. Why did I have to cover for you today? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“My mum decided I had to stay home and spend time with my dad. You know, about the divorce. Well, she thinks I want to live with her so I have to spend as much time with my dad as possible before he leaves. But, truth is, I don’t know what I want to do yet.”

“That’s fair enough, though. I mean they only just told you last night.”

“Exactly!”

“Just remember you have Ava to consider. She might miss you terribly if you choose to leave.”

Averyl laughed.

“Seriously though, Av. It’s New York. What’s not to love! Think of all the guys!”

“Guys… I’m choosing my dad over my mum because of guys?” Averyl asked her smiling.

“No, but there are more guys there than here. Apart from Rhys,” Becca said as she sighed into the phone.

“Why don’t you tell him?”

“Huh?”

“Tell Rhys you like him?”

“I couldn’t. He only just lost his girlfriend four months ago.”

“Oh true, I forgot about that sorry.” Averyl apologized.

Becca and Averyl both fell silent.

“So…” Becca said softly as she handed Ava her dummy; she was beginning to cry.

“Ava’s crying, I better let you go. I’ll ring you in a few days time and let you know what’s going on ok?” Averyl said softly, as she heard her mum knock on her door.

“Ok, just don’t rush into a decision. Take care,” Becca said as she hung up her phone and picked Ava up. She needed her nappy changed.

“Why did you do it?” Amy Mathews yelled at Amy Mizzi.

“Because he is hot. What’s the big deal? It’s not like I’m with him.” Amy Mizzi laughed and walked into the green room, where Sharni, Jessica and Ray were.

“The big deal is that he is my boyfriend not yours!”

“Really? Is he your boyfriend? That’s not what he said to me when he was on top of me.” Amy Mizzi laughed again and sat next to Jessica, Jessica got up and sat somewhere else.

“Girls, honestly, don’t take this the wrong way, but, you’re both young, attractive women. I’m sure there are plenty of other fishes in the sea.” Ray spoke up from behind this weeks fishing magazine.

“Thanks Ray, but I still love Chris.” Amy Mathews said to him, smiling.

“I don’t love him but I do love his…” Amy Mizzi began.

“Don’t you dare insult Mr. Peacock!” Amy Mathews said as she stormed over towards her.

“You named it?” Amy Mizzi asked her laughing.

“No, well yes, we named it.” Amy Mathews blushed. Now everyone knew about Mr. Peacock.

“Right,” Amy Mizzi laughed and walked out of the room.

“She seriously needs a slap.” Sharni spoke up. Jessica nodded agreeing.

“Are you sure this is the right flight?” Sarah asked Emily as they each took their seat on the plane.

“Yep, I double checked.”

“Just making sure. I want to end up in San Francisco not somewhere like Beijing or Rome.” Sarah chucked nervously.

“Don’t worry, we will end up in San Francisco. Promise.” Emily said as she took Sarah’s hand and squeezed it.

“Did you pack clothes?” Emily asked her.

“Yes, unless you want me to go and unpack the suitcases. Although, I can’t cos they are on the plane.” Sarah joked. Emily sighed and rested her head back on the headrest watching other passengers walk on the plane and take their seats.

“I had a bad dream last night…” Sarah said softly.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, we ended up in Alaska, for some strange reason.”

“Haha, well we won’t be going there. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Another thing: I have never been on a plane before. Well, I have, with my parents, but I was two then, I don’t remember.” Sarah said as she bit her lip.

“Don’t worry, I have been on planes thousands of times.” Emily said smiling as she gave Sarah’s hand another squeeze. Sarah clipped her seatbelt on and sighed.

Paul burst into their house grinning. He ran right past their pet cat, Foxy.

“Jodes!”He yelled as he opened their bedroom door, without knocking.

“Paul!” Jodi shouted as she quickly darted behind her door, naked.

“Sorry, bad timing.” he blushed.

“It’s alright. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong. I just got the new script.” he said grinning.

“And?” she asked him quickly throwing on her dressing gown.

“Jack and Martha get back together! Apparently, a lot of fans were upset and bombarded Dan with hate mail so he got them back together.”

“That sounds like Dan. Anything to please the fans, apart from when he ‘killed’ Sarah and Emily’s characters. Remember how much hate mail he got then?”

“Tons, same as now, with Peter dead.” He laughed.

“So…when are you planning on trying for that baby Mr. O’Brien?” Jodi said teasingly opening the dressing gown a little.

“How about now?” he asked her as he shut the door behind him.

“Sounds good,” she said as the dressing gown dropped to the floor as they began to kiss.

Lil please tell me your joking! :lol:

Characters.

Isabel

Jason

Paul

Jodi

Rhys

Mark

Rachel Beck

Amy Mathews

Amy Mizzi

Daniel Bennett

Bobby

Chris Hemsworth

Holly

Averyl

Nic

Claire

Chapter 43

Jason and Isabel sat in the canteen opposite each other. They had an hours lunch break as they had a few more scenes to do before the day was out. Isabel had barely touched her plate.

“Izzy, Paul and Jodi came and spoke to me earlier today.” Jason spoke up.

“What did they want?”

“They wanted me to talk to you. I think you know what it is about. And they are both worried.”

“I know what it is about and they shouldn’t worry.” Isabel said firmly.

“Maybe.”

“You know how Indi used to get really upset and angry when people worried too much, or kept on asking her if she was alright?” Isabel asked him. Jason nodded.

“I know how she felt now.”

“No, you don’t. What happened to Indiana is a terrible, terrible thing. What poor Rhys is going through at the moment is nothing compared to you on a stupid diet.”

“Well, yes maybe so, but it isn’t a stupid diet.”

“You don’t need to lose weight…”

“Yes, I do. This morning when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I had gained about fifteen kilos.”

“You’re seeing things.” Jason said simply. Mark waltzed in and took a seat next to Isabel; he began singing. Again.

“It's a heartache. Nothing but a heartache. Hits you when it's too late. Hits you when you're down. It's a fool's game…” Mark sang loudly as he rested his head on Isabel’s shoulder.

“Mark, what is going on?”

“I ran out of phone credit. I had to ring Rachel this afternoon though.” he said flatly.

“Oh…” she said as she patted his back.

“Nothing but a fool's game. Standing in the cold rain. Feeling like a clown. It's a heartache,” Mark began singing again.

“You can always tell what mood he is in. If he is happy, he would sing something like S Club 7; when he is in love, he would sing either ‘Far Away’ by Nickelback or ‘Hopelessly Devoted To You’ by Olivia Newton John.” Jason said simply, pushing Isabel’s plate of food towards her.

Amy Mathews and Amy Mizzi both stood outside Daniel Bennett’s office. He had called them there for an ‘urgent meeting’.

“Come on!” he shouted, as both Amy’s walked in. He quickly tossed aside the written complaint about them so they wouldn’t see it.

“I think you both know why you are here.” he said in a firm tone of voice as they both sat down. Both women nodded.

“I have had a number of complaints about your catfights, from cast members and crew. It must stop, otherwise, the media will find out that Chris is a man…” he began to say but was cut off by his phone ringing.

“Dan Bennett speaking. Oh, hello! You want four cast members to do signings? Sure, I will send four, there and then, thanks.” He hung up the phone and scribbled him self a note to send off to the producer.

“Now, where were we?” he asked them

“We were up to the part where you were calling my boyfriend a man…” Amy Mathews was cut off, by her phone ringing. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw Chris’ name on the screen. She quickly turned it off without answering.

“Oh, yes, thanks. Now, Amy Mathews, you either stop dating him, or he stops sleeping with you.” Dan said looking directly at Amy Mizzi. The room was filled with silence. The only noise each could hear was Dan tapping his foot on the floor, Amy Mathews biting her fingernails and faintly they could hear the sound of birds chirping outside.

“Well, by a no response, I take it neither of you are going to back down. So, I’m canceling your three month contract.” he said still looking at Amy Mizzi. “I can hardly cancel the other Amy’s; she has a three year contract.”

Amy Mizzi crossed her arms over her chest in a huff; she hated not getting her own way.

“That sounds good to me.” Amy Mathews said smirking at Amy Mizzi.

“How will Kit be written out this time?” Amy Mizzi asked Dan.

“Not sure yet. I think we should let her go back to Paris,” he replied. Amy nodded.

“Well, that settles it. I best be off. Have to go and talk to my boyfriend.” Amy Mathews said in a firm tone as she left.

“Prick!” Amy Mizzi shouted at Daniel Bennett. Dan raised an eyebrow at Amy and said, “Grow up.”

Bobby and Chris Hemsworth sat side by side in the green room talking. Neither one had scenes that day; Bobby just came in to catch a glimpse of Holly.

“Well, I tried to let her know how I felt and she wasn’t interested.” Bobby complained.

“Mate, you have to be firm. Be a ladies man. Perhaps, send her flowers, you know, be romantic…”

“I’m beginning to think I should have taken Jessica.” Bobby said flatly.

“No way! Holly is far better looking then Jessica.”

“That’s coming from someone who cheats on Amy!”

“That was one time!” Chris protested. He hated it when people did that to him.

“Hmph!”

“Stop quoting Shakespeare for a start. You’re probably scaring her.”

“Maybe… perhaps I should go and read a Danielle Steel love yarn.”

“If you do that, she might think you really were dropped on the head as a baby.”

“Aww, man, don’t remind me she said that; it hurt.” Bobby pouted and thumped his chest where his heart was.

“Speak of the devil…” Chris whispered to Bobby as Holly walked in. She spotted Bobby sitting down and turned around, leaving.

“Go and get her!” Chris hissed at him. Bobby jumped to his feet and began to run after Holly.

“Holly, please wait!” Bobby called out. Holly looked over her shoulder at him and stopped.

“I’m really, really sorry about the other day.”

“It’s fine.”

“Look, do you think I could ever have a chance with you?” he asked her eagerly.

“Bobby, we have been through this.”

“But I know you like me. Remember a month ago, when we were filming, you forgot your line and cut to the chase and kissed me!” Bobby said loudly, drawing the attention of a girl down the hall. He looked over Holly’s shoulder at her. She was about 17 and was carrying a bag over her shoulder.

“You’re a good kisser.”

“See!”

“But that doesn’t mean I like you.” she said firmly as she walked off.

“Bad day?” the girl asked him, as she came over towards him.

“You could say that. Who are you?”

“Averyl, one of Nic and Claire’s baby sitter, or should I say slave. She sent me here to drop off some of Nic’s old clothes they might want to use,” she replied smiling. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and walked off, leaving Bobby speechless.

Thanks for the comments on the teaser and Lil... :P

Characters

Chris

Amy Mathews

Dan Bennett

Becca

Ava

Rhys

Jodi

Paul

Jessica

Mark

Averyl

Bobby

Amy tapped on Chris’ shoulder making him turn around. He touched her arm gently. Amy backed away a bit.

“Look, Rach, you know it didn’t mean a thing, right?”

“Yes, but why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to hurt you.”

“Lies hurt Kim; you should know that by now. Why do you always try and protect me from the truth? I would rather hear the truth than your lies.” Amy said flatly. Chris sighed and tried to hug her. Amy backed away again and walked off set.

“Cut! Cut! And cut!” Daniel shouted. “Amy, you have one more line you have to say before leaving the room. Did you forget it?”

“No, I just… this storyline is just too close to home at the moment.”

“It’s over in a few weeks. Just do this one line for me, please?” Dan asked her motioning her back to her position. Amy nodded and took a deep breath.

“Action!”

Amy tapped on Chris’ shoulder making him turn around. He touched her arm gently. Amy backed away a bit.

“Look, Rach, you know it didn’t mean a thing, right?”

“Yes, but why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to hurt you.”

“Lies hurt Kim; you should know that by now. Why do you always try and protect me from the truth? I would rather hear the truth than your lies.” Amy said flatly. Chris sighed and tried to hug her. Amy backed away again.

“I just need some time alone right now.” Amy said to Chris as she walked off set.

“Cut! Much better Amy,” Daniel said smiling.

“Amy, we need to talk.” Chris said as he came up behind her and grabbed her shoulders.

“I know.”

“Lunch time?”

“Alright.” Amy nodded. She watched Chris leave the room.

“For goodness sake will you stop crying?” Becca asked Ava, as she bounced her up and down on her hip. They were standing just outside the studios waiting for Nic to come out. He was collecting his script as he was due to start filming soon.

“Honestly, what’s wrong? You’re not due to be fed for another half hour.” Becca sighed. She vowed at this point never to have any children of her own. Ava continued to cry, so Becca shifted Ava onto her shoulder. She felt drool hit her bare shoulder. Becca sighed. That would be the last time she would wear a strapless top whilst baby sitting. Becca could hear footsteps, as someone walked closer towards her. She spun around and Rhys was standing right in front of her.

“I can hear her crying from inside. Would you like a hand?” he asked her. Becca nodded as she handed Ava over to him.

Rhys cradled her in his arms and smiled at her. Not long after he did that, she closed her eyes and began to softly snore.

“In the end, she was over tired.” Becca laughed quietly. Rhys smiled and placed Ava carefully in the pram.

“Thanks for helping. I think I would have gone mad if she didn’t stop crying.” Becca said watching him carefully.

“Don’t mention it. Think of it as my good deed of the day. I’ll see you around.” He said as he slowly left. Becca watched him walk off; she sighed.

Jodi giggled as she took another photo of Jessica with her mobile phone. Jessica was posing with various items or people; who ever would stop and get their photo with her really. They were in hyper moods today as they were each given a half day.

“Hold on.” Jessica laughed as she sat up and pouted at the camera. Jodi snapped another one and shoved Paul in front of the camera.

“Oh no, don’t even think about!” he protested as he tried to leave. Jodi moved and stood in his way.

Jessica jumped up and stood behind Paul, poking her head over his shoulder as Jodi took another picture.

“You guys are dorks! You hear me? Dorks.” Mark spoke up from the table. Jessica laughed. “We’re only dorks because you’re jealous.”

“Why would I be jealous?” he asked her.

“Because you’re missing out on all the fun.”

“I’ll sing…. Hilary Duff.” He threatened them.

“Please don’t…” Jodi laughed.

“I will if you three don’t shut up. I’m trying to learn my lines. He was right you know. I can’t learn them singing.”

“Who was right?” Jessica asked him.

“Never mind.” Mark replied as he turned his attention back to his script.

“Well, you are so boring!” Jessica laughed as she ran over to Jodi, wrapping her in a big hug. Jodi hugged her back.

Averyl tossed her mobile phone on her bed and sighed. Her parents wanted her answer; and they want it in less then half an hour. She couldn’t ring Becca as Becca was busy. She did not want to speak to any of her other friends; they stopped talking to her the day she began working for Nic and Claire. They said she was abandoning them for famous people. The only other person she could think of who she could ring was Bobby. But he was at the studios so no doubt he was busy.

“Screw it! If I stuff this phone call, I can go and will never see him again anyway.” Averyl said softly as she went over and picked up her phone dialing his number. She held her breath waiting for an answer; it rang right through till voice mail.

“Hey Bobby, it’s Averyl. Nic and Claire’s babysitter. I just wanted to ask your advice on something. If you could ring back soon that would be great. Bye for now.” Averyl hung up and took a deep breath.

“God! I’m dork! He won’t ring back!” she sighed again. Averyl put her phone down and headed downstairs to let her parents know her answer.

Characters

Ada

Daniel Bennett

Tim

Averyl

Becca

Claire

Nic

Ava

Sarah

Emily

Bobby

Rachael Beck

Mark

Ada knocked on Daniel Bennett’s office door gently; she stood back while she waited for an answer. He didn’t answer. Ada knocked a bit louder. He still didn’t reply. She turned the door knob and pushed the door open. Daniel was sitting at his desk singing along to the radio.

He looked up and raised his eyebrows at her.

“You can’t just come barging into my office, you have to knock first,” he said bluntly turning the radio off.

“I did three times,” Ada protested.

“I’m not deaf you know, I would have heard it.”

“Ok,”

“What do you want? I don’t have an appointment with you,” Dan replied as he quickly checked his appointment book.

“I know, it’s just that Tim and I have been thinking and we would like a storyline, we feel that our characters are very underused,”

Dan rubbed his chin and smiled.

“What are you smiling about?” she asked him.

“Nothing, it’s just that I was thinking the other day, perhaps its time you and Tim moved on and make way for more teens,”

“What? Are you insane? No, Tim and I aren’t going anywhere and for your information non-teens watch the show!”

“Maybe,”

Ada turned around and left, slamming the door behind her.

Tim rushed around the corner and stopped her in her tracks before she could get away. She forcefully pushed a ten dollar bill in his hand.

“I won?” he asked her shoving the note in his pocket.

“Yes, as usual, he said no to a storyline,”

Tim frowned as Ada pushed past him and walked away.

Averyl hugged Becca, and then turned and hugged Nic. Claire smiled at her.

“Ill promise to keep in touch,” Averyl promised as she kissed Avas forehead gently trying not to wake her as she lay asleep in Claire’s arms.

“Ill let you know what happens with the boys.” Becca spoke up.

“Once again all you’re thinking about is boys,” Averyl joked. Claire gently handed Ava to Nic.

“Come here” she said softly as she wrapped her arms around Averyl. Averyl hugged her back.

“Ava’s going to miss you, we all are. I’m sorry for the way I treated you, I guess I was just a tad protective of Ava,” she said smiling. Averyl returned her smile. A tad? Averyl felt like asking her.

She heard the announcement come over that her plane was boarding.

“Sweetheart, that’s our plane” Avery’s dad spoke up as he came up behind her and out his hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll ring you tonight,” Averyl quickly said to Becca as they began to walk towards the boarding gate.

“Oh no you won’t be, write letters, that’s cheaper,” her Dad said. Averyl turned around and looked at them. She felt like she was about to cry.

“I hope this is the right choice,” she muttered. Becca came over and gave her one last hug.

“Take care,” she said softly.

“You too,” Averyl replied.

“Come on,” her dad said as he took her hand as they walked off. Averyl waved goodbye over her shoulder as the others watched her disappear in the crowd.

Sarah pushed open the door to their room at the hotel open letting Emily in. A man pushed their bags in on the trolley and unloaded them onto the floor.

“We paid a hundred Aussie dollars for this?” Sarah asked Emily as she ran her fingers over the bright pink wallpaper.

“Compared to the other hotels you can find around the city, its pretty darn good,” the man spoke up. He left shutting the door behind him.

“I bet there are lots of better hotels here, after all it is San Francisco,” Emily joked. She took off her jacket and draped it over the bed.

“True,” Sarah replied as she opened the bathroom door, sussing that room out. Emily threw open her suitcase and began to put her clothes away.

“Let’s go somewhere,” Sarah spoke up after a few moments of silence.

“Where?” Emily asked her.

“I don’t know…anywhere,”

“What if there is a massive earthquake?” Emily asked her remembering she had read one a book about the city before coming here, that in 1906 there was a massive earthquake and thousands were killed.

“We will worry about that if and when it happens in the mean time I want to go sight seeing,” Sarah smiled cupping Emily’s chin in her hand.

“Fine if we have to go out can we go to the Museum of Modern Art?” Emily asked her.

“Sure, just give me a minute,” Sarah replied as she dashed into the bathroom. Emily giggled and began to finish her unpacking.

Bobby flipped open his phone turning it on. He had one missed call Bobby dialed voice mail to see who it was. He listened to Avery’s messaged and smiled. Hitting re-dial he rang her.’ I this is Averyl, obviously this is voicemail so I can’t take your call right now, please leave a message and I’ll get back to you ASAP,” Avery’s voice said.

“Hey it’s me, Bobby, I’m returning your call, so now please return mine,” he spoke into the phone. He laughed as he hung up.

“You have that silly smile on your face, did Holly say yes?” Mark asked him as he sat next to him. Rachael was visiting the set today, so she gracefully sat next to Mark and put her head gently onto Marks shoulder.

“No, It’s Averyl” Bobby replied.

“Who?” Rachael and Mark both asked him.

“Oh one of Nic and Claire’s babysitters.”

“Never heard of her.” Mark replied as he held Rachael’s hand, he gave it a squeeze she smiled sweetly in return.

:lol:

Characters:

Isabel

Lynn Collingwood

Becca

Bobby

Averyl

Amy

Chris

Ray

Chapter 46

Lynn Collingwood walked into the Green room after shooting her very few scenes for the day; Isabel, who was wearing a very baggy jumper and tight jeans, greeted her.

“Lynn, hey,”Isabel said as she gave her a weak smile. Lynn returned the smile and bit her lip.

“Isabel, have you lost weight?” Lynn asked her gently. Isabel shook her head sadly and said, “No, I think I have gained weight.”

Lynn was taken aback. It was clear that Isabel had lost weight; everyone had noticed apart from Isabel.

“Dear, I think you need to see a doctor. You have lost weight.” Lynn said clearly concerned.

“”No! I don’t need to see anyone! I can take care of myself.” Isabel insisted as she brushed a stray piece of her blonde hair away from her eyes. Lynn bit her lip and studied Isabel’s facial expressions. It was quite obvious that Isabel needed help, yet, she didn’t know that.

Bobby ran along the curb as fast as his legs could carry him. He was curious as to why she rang him. He had just hung up the phone from talking to Becca who had told him where Averyl was. He was told that Averyl was leaving for New York in less then half an hour. Becca had explained that Averyl was moving to America with her father, as her parents were separated. Just when Bobby finally fell for someone his own age, she was moving across the country. If Bobby had his way, she wouldn’t be going anywhere. Luck was on his side; little did he know that Averyl’s flight had been delayed. He tore past the security guards and over to the main desk.

“How may I help you, sir?” The lady behind the desk asked him. He read her nametag.

“Belinda, would you be able to tell me when flight 85 leaves? The one to New York.” he asked her quickly.

“It’s been delayed, but, it should be leaving in less than ten minutes.” she replied smiling. Bobby returned her smile and raced towards the boarding gate.

“Sir, you can’t go in there, sir!” A tall male began yelling out, as Bobby raced along the corridor.

Averyl sat herself down in her seat next to the window. She pulled out her hand mirror that she always carried with her. She put it up in front of her face and studied it.

“Too, many freckles…” she muttered under her breath as her father sat beside her.

The stewardess walked past them and down to the front gallery. Bobby ran onto the plane and stood in the aisle way. He spotted Averyl towards the back; she was staring out the window and didn’t notice he had boarded the plane.

“Excuse me, do you have a ticket?” the stewardess asked him politely. He ignored her and began walking down the aisle towards Averyl.

“Averyl!” Bobby said loudly gaining her attention. She looked over towards him and blinked.

“You’re leaving?” he asked her. She nodded sadly. She had always been closer to her father than her mother, but it felt wrong to let him go by himself.

“Can’t you stay?” he asked her. The Security guard came up behind him puffing and panting.

“I thought I told you to stop, mate?” he asked him grabbing his arm.

“I could, but I don’t want my Dad going by himself.” She replied quietly.

“I thought you liked me? The hair flip…” he trailed off, feeling hurt.

“I do like you.” she insisted.

“Then, stay!”

“I can’t! I don’t…” she brushed away a tear from her cheek.

“Will you ever come back?” he asked her

“Yes of course. But, not for a long time.”

“Please stay…” he begged. This can’t happen twice in a month, can it? He asked him self.

Averyl sighed and wiped away another tear. She looked at her father. He smiled at her and nodded towards Bobby. She stood up and climbed over her father so she could get out into the aisle. Bobby walked slowly towards her and hugged her. She returned the hug.

“I’m so glad you decided to stay.” He whispered in her ear.

“I’m not staying though,” she whispered back. She pulled away and gently kissed his cheek. The security guard tugged Bobby’s arm as Averyl went and sat back down.

Amy sat next to Chris on the green room couch. She gently placed her head on his shoulder.

“Amy,” he spoke up quietly. She sat up slowly and looked at him.

“We need to end our relationship.”

“What? Why?” she asked him confused. “You ended it with Mizzi, so I thought we were ok?”

“We were, we are…. And, it’s just that, you deserve better.”

”No, I deserve you!” she insisted. She placed her hand on his knee. Chris flinched and pulled it off.

“Chris!” Amy shouted.

He got up and ran his hands though his long locks that needed cutting. He looked at her.

“We can’t…. You, I cheated on you. That matters,” he said as he walked out.

“He makes no sense at times.” Amy muttered as Ray came over and sat next to her.

“Males never make sense,” Ray said jokingly, trying to gain a smile out of her. She gave him a small smile.

Aww I was having fun making you wait :(

Characters:

Jodi

Paul

Sarah

Emily

Becca

Ava

Rhys

Nic

Claire

Chapter 47.

Jodi sat impatiently on the toilet seat waiting for the pregnancy test results. She rested her hands in her head and sighed. The minutes felt like the longest in her life.

“They don’t seriously expect me to wait this long, do they?” she asked herself muttering under her breath. She could hear the clock on the wall tick with every second that passed. The alarm finally beeped, letting her know it was ready. She slowly picked up the result and saw it. Her eyes lighted up in amazement.

“Jodi?” Paul called out as he shut the front door behind himself. She appeared at the bathroom door with the test in her hand.

How did it go?” he asked her. Jodi smiled at him and shut the bathroom door behind herself. He stood in the hallway confused and tapped on the door.

“Not telling!” she called out. She smiled and placed the test down on the shelf above the sink.

Sarah heard the ding of the elevator as the doors opened up. She walked in with Emily by her side and pushed the floor number where their room was.

“Do you think this building met the city’s expectations?” Emily asked her softly as the lift began moving upwards.

“Huh?”

“Earthquakes. Do you think the building is safe?”

“No building is one hundred percent safe. And, why are you so paranoid about earthquakes?”

“Because, we happen to be in San Francisco, which is right on top of one of the deadliest fault lines. And what about you being scared of flying?”

Sarah didn’t reply.

“Thought so...” Emily muttered.

“It’s a really, really long story that I would prefer not to remember, ok?”

“Fine,” Emily replied softly.

“Don’t get annoyed because I don’t want to talk about it, please.”

“I’m not annoyed.” Emily muttered, but it was clear to Sarah that she was annoyed.

Emily’s ears pricked up as she heard a loud rumbling as the lift began to sway. The light flicked on and off, as the lift came to a stop half way between two floors. It began to sway faster as Emily fell to the floor screaming. Sarah fell beside her as the lift continued to rock side to side and the rumbling continued.

Becca had gotten a bit tired of facing four walls. With Averyl gone, Becca had taken on the job as the home babysitter as well. She had taken Ava for a walk through the park. As Becca pushed Ava along in the stroller she began to think. First off, she began thinking about Averyl, then Rhys. She was off in her own little lalala land she didn’t even see him. The stroller ran right into his legs.

“Ouch!” he cried out in pain as he held his leg.

“Oh, my god! I’m so sorry...” Becca began apologising. She stopped when she looked up and saw Rhys looking at her.

“It’s alright,” he said smiling, as he continued clutching his bruised leg.

“It won’t happen again.”

“I don’t mind, I’m glad I bumped into you. I think bumped suits it right now,” he laughed. Becca blushed and giggled. Rhys checked his watch and frowned.

“Sorry to cut this short,” he began, “But I’m due back in ten. If I’m late, Dan will shoot me.”

“It’s okay.”

“I’ll see you round,” he called over his shoulder as he began to walk off.

“I hope so...” she said under her breath as she checked on Ava.

Nic turned on the television and started flicking through the channels; nothing remotely interesting was on.

“`Days of our Lives’ or car racing,” he muttered to himself. He left it on the car racing. He sighed and leaned backwards on the couch. Claire came bouncing down the stairs and jumped on top of him squishing his legs. He wrapped his arms around her neck and kissed her.

“Breaking news! We just have reports of, wait, that can’t be right, can it? Oh god! An earthquake in California!” The reporter said on the TV. Nic sat up and watched over Claire’s shoulder.

“I’m sure it’s nothing serious,” she spoke up watching it with him.

“This afternoon around 1ish, San Francisco was rocked by an earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale. No news yet on the death toll, but it is expected to be high.” He continued on till they went to an ad break. Nic cursed under his breath as he took his hands off Claire and ran them through his hair.

“Honey, what is it? What’s wrong?” Claire asked him.

“Sarah... Emily…they were there...” Nic said shakily. He pushed Claire aside as he sprang to his feet.

“What are you doing?” She asked him loudly as he dove for the phone.

“Seeing whether I can get through to them.” he said as he punched in the number. He got a dial tone.

“Phone lines must be down,” he muttered as he rang the airport.

“Now who are you ringing?”

“I’m going there.” He replied softly.

Guys, I thought I would be nice and leave you with 3 or 4 cliffhangers :D

1, Is Jodi pregnant?

2, Do Sarah and Emily survive?

3, Does Becca have feelings with Rhys?

and 4 isnt much of a cliffie.

4, Will Nic end up going to America?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Tasha, come back online, your birthday present is waiting :P

Characters:

Jessica

Bobby

Daniel Bennett

Ray

Sarah

Emily

Paul

Jodi

Isabel

Sharni

Chapter 48.

Jessica walked over towards Bobby and slapped his face.

“What the hell was that for?” he shouted; confused.

“Oh, I think you know what that was for!”

“No?”

Jessica slapped him again.

“Alright, alright. No more slapping though.”

Jessica gave him a smug look and put her left hand on her hip.

“It’s Amanda.”

“What?!” She screamed at him slapping him again.

“The other woman. It’s Amanda. Just don’t flip out,”

“Flip out? Flip out? She’s my mother!”

“I am well aware of that…”

“Cut! Bobby, where the hell did that line come from?” Daniel demanded from him.

“Well, it’s better than having Drew say, I know.”

“Say: I know.”

“But...”

“Just do it.”

“Fine.” Bobby muttered as he took his place again.

“Action!”

Jessica walked over towards Bobby and slapped his face.

“What the hell was that for?” he shouted; confused.

“Oh, I think you know what that was for!”

“No?”

Jessica slapped him again.

“Alright, alright. No more slapping though.”

Jessica gave him a smug look and put her left hand on her hip.

“It’s Amanda.”

“What?” She screamed at him slapping him again.

“The other woman. It’s Amanda. Just don’t flip out,”

“Flip out? Flip out? She’s my mother!”

“I know…”

“Rot in hell Drew!” Jessica shouted as she walked out the room slamming the door behind her.

“Perfect and very convincing! Well done Jess.” Daniel said greeting her with a smile as she walked off set in his direction. Bobby walked into the green room and ran his hands through his curls as he sat down. He grabbed the remote and switched the channel on the TV.

“Oi, I was watching that.” Ray protested. Bobby ignored him and turned up the volume.

“Today, there was a tragic earthquake in America...” The news reporter began. Bobby suddenly remembered Averyl was in America. Before he had even watched the rest of the broadcast to find out it wasn’t actually in New York he jumped up from his seat and ran from the room.

Sarah coughed loudly as the dust had filled her lungs when she had taken a breath. She reached out her hand in front of her face. It was very dark as the lights were out so she could only just see the outline of her hand. She tried to stand up but couldn’t, something was pinning her legs down.

“Emily?” Sarah called out coughing. Emily didn’t reply.

“Emily?” Sarah called out more urgently. Still, there was no reply. Another rumble began shaking the elevator side to side. Sarah threw her hands over her head, protecting it.

“It’s an aftershock.”

“Emily, is that you?” Sarah asked tears streaming down her dust covered face.

“Yes, just hold on...”

Jodi lay back on the bed with a silly grin on her face. She stretched her arms out and laughed.

“Were gonna have a baby. Were gonna have a baby. Were gonna have a baby,” Jodi chanted grinning. Paul walked in and smiled at her as she was still chanting that line over and over. He crawled next to her on the bed, putting his arms around her.

“Mmm, you’re warm.” Jodi giggled. Paul kissed her shoulder lightly.

“If the baby looks like you, she’ll look like an angel.”

“Who said it’s girl? We could have a handsome boy,” she giggled. Paul chuckled and pulled Jodi towards himself. She rolled over and rested her head on his chest sighing.

Isabel walked in to the ladies room and shut the main door behind her. Making sure there was no-one else in there she locked herself in one of the stalls. She knelt down in front of the bowl wiping away the tears that flowed fast from her eyes. Isabel lent over the toilet bowl and stared at the blue still water. She shoved her index finger into her mouth. Still crying she pulled it out.

“I’m a coward! I can’t even do that!” she cried as she collapsed on to the floor crying.

Sharni walked in to the ladies room and shut the main door behind her. She noticed one of the stalls was shut, thinking nothing of it. She walked towards the mirror and began to fix her hair.

“Stupid, worthless…” Isabel continued crying.

“Izzy?” Sharni asked as she went and tapped on the door gently. Isabel didn’t reply, she just coughed and continued crying, working herself up.

Sharni peeked under the door so she could see what Isabel was doing.

“Izzy, if you’re going to do what I think you’re going to do, please don’t.” Sharni spoke up. She didn’t know what else to say. Isabel slowly sat up and unlatched the door. Sharni pulled it open and took Isabel into her arms. She held Isabel tightly for quite a while till she realised she was late on set. Daniel wasn’t going to be a very happy chappy.

Characters:

Ada

Tim

Ray

Kate

Amy

Bobby

Holly

Sarah

Emily

Nic

Chapter 49.

Ada and Tim sat across from each other in the Canteen both looked rather unimpressed with the food in front of them. Tim was pushing his macaroni and cheese to the side of his plate to make it look as though he had eaten some.

“I think Paul could cook toast better then this.” Ada said softly.

“I agree. And last time we went there for dinner, as a group, he burnt the chook.”

Ada sighed as she stood up. She then wrapped the rest of hers in a napkin and tossed it in the bin. Tim threw his in the bin and followed her.

“Aren’t we due on set?” She asked him as they turned towards the dressing room.

“Nope, not for another hour.”

“Thank god, for a minute there I was preparing myself for one of Dan’s fits.”

Tim laughed and pushed open the door.

“What are you doing?”

“I want to show you something.”

“Okay…” She replied as she walked in. Tim flicked on the lights and shut the door behind him. He then proceeded to take one of Ray’s pair of white jeans down from the coat hanger.

“Those are Alf’s, I mean Ray’s jeans. Dan will freak if they get dirty.”

“This is Dan’s payback for not giving us enough scenes.” Tim laughed quietly as he pulled a bright red lipstick from his pocket.

“Do you want to do the honors?”

“Nah.”

“Ok then…” Tim smiled as he began to draw different shapes and squiggles all up the left trouser leg.

“Gimme that damm thing.” Ada spoke up as she took the lipstick from Tim and began to draw all over the trousers.

“What are you two doing?” Kate asked them as she opened up the door with Amy standing right next to her.

“Nothing.” Ada replied sweetly giving her an innocent look. Tim shoved the jeans behind his back.

“Were you two making out?” Amy asked them.

“No!” Both Ada and Tim shouted at the same time.

“Right…Just don’t let your fiancé know Ada,” Kate chuckled as she walked off.

“Gross, as if I would make out with you.” Ada laughed.

“Same, I would rather eat my arm off then be with you.” Tim replied laughing.

Bobby sat down on the soft sand and ran his hands through his thick black curls. Lost in his random thoughts, he didn’t hear Holly come up behind him.

“Bobby, are you ok?” Holly asked him gently as she sat beside him.

“Perfectly fine.” He lied.

“You know how you ran from the room before?”

“Who told you that? You weren’t even there.”

“Chris…”

“Which Chris?”

“Hemsworth.”

“When I see him next, he’s going to wish he was never…”

“Don’t even think about it.” Holly said loudly cutting him off.

“Fine…” Bobby muttered.

“Why did you do that?”

“Because Averyl is in New York and I care very deeply about her. And now, she might be…”

“New York?” Holly asked him, cutting him off.

Bobby nodded.

“You know if you had listened to the whole report you would know that the earthquake wasn’t even in New York. It was in San Francisco.”

“Oh,” was all Bobby said in reply.

“So all in all Averyl is fine.”

Bobby let out a sigh of relief and rose to his feet.

“Well thanks for uh, letting me know that,” He smiled at her.

“Any time,” she replied as she watched him walk off towards set.

Emily opened her eyes as the rumbling had finally stopped – for now.

“Sarah!” She called out.

“Mmm,” Sarah mumbled in reply.

“We have to get out of this thing. We’re already knocking on wood. It’s a miracle the cables haven’t snapped yet. If they snap this thing is gonna go faster then the speed of light towards the bottom of the shaft and we will both die.”

Sarah choked back painful tears as she tried to lift whatever it was that was holding down her legs, off.

“Sarah, Em?” they heard a male voice call out.

“Who is it?” Sarah asked Emily.

“I don’t know, but they could get us out of here.”

“In here!” Sarah and Emily both screamed out.

Nic weaved his way through dead bodies, broken furniture and parts of the ceiling until he reached the elevator doors.

“Em, Sarah?” Nic called out again.

“In the elevator! Get us out of here!” They both screamed out. Nic looked up at the numbers above the door. The light indicated that they were half way between level 4 and 3. He then went over to the stair case and headed up to the third floor. Once Nic had reached the 3rd floor he tried to open up the doors. They wouldn’t budge.

“Dammit,” he muttered under his breath. Nic looked around for something to open the doors with. His eyes wandered along the walls.

“That’s it!” He said suddenly as he spotted the axe, still in the emergency case. Nic pulled his sleeve down over his knuckles and broke the glass. Grabbing the axe he raced back over to the elevator doors and jammed the axe in the gap. Pulling it towards him, grunting, the doors slowly began to open.

The light flooded the elevator making Emily squint. She covered her eyes with her hands.

“Give me your hand Em.” Nic said as he lent towards the edge holding out his arm. Emily grabbed his hand as he pulled her up.

“Nic?” Emily asked him shocked.

“Yes, it’s me. Is Sarah ok?”

“I think so, she’s stuck.”

Nic nodded. Emily moved out of the way. He slowly lowered himself into the elevator.

“Sarah, can you move your legs?” He asked her as he ever so gently moved towards her.

“No, they’re stuck.” she replied. Nic pulled part of the elevator ceiling from on top of Sarah. It only moved a little bit. Sarah burst into tears realizing that he may not be able to get her out.

“I’m going to get you out of here, if it’s the last thing I do.” Nic replied grunting as he pulled the rubble off of her legs, finally freeing her. Sarah sighed with relief and gave Nic a small smile. She tried to sit up, but couldn’t. Sarah cried out in pain.

“Its alright, I’ve got you,” Nic soothed her as he held her up supporting her. They slowly made their way towards the door.

“Emily, pull her up!” Nic shouted as the rumble began again, shaking both the elevator and the building. Emily bit her lip as she pulled Sarah towards her. Once Sarah was out of the elevator Nic began to pull himself up and out. His legs were only just out of the elevator when the cables snapped heading the elevator straight to the bottom of the shaft. The rumbling finally died down, then came to a complete stop.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long! :( I took out the Mark and Racheal Beck teaser, just because I can :P

Thanks for commenting! :)

Characters:

Averyl

Becca

Rhys

Bobby

Mark

Rachael Beck

Claire

Nic

Katrina

Chapter 50.

Averyl walked across the tiled kitchen humming along to a random tune that she had just made up in her head. Her father had gone out to do some shopping so she was there by herself. Averyl opened up the sliding door and went on onto the balcony. She peered over the edge and could just make out the people down below.

“Why couldn’t we get a house instead of an apartment so high up,” she groaned as she went back inside. She threw herself backwards onto the couch. She glanced over towards to phone.

“No, I said I wouldn’t.... One phone call can’t hurt.... no… yes, why not?” she said softly as she picked up the phone. Punching in the codes and Becca’s mobile number, she waited patiently for Becca to answer.

Becca rolled over in bed, groggily. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and flicked on her lamp. Her phone continued to ring. She reached over to her chest of drawers and found her phone.

“This better be important.” Becca said answering the phone.

“Hey, it’s me, Averyl!”

“Maybe next time when you call, please do it and half 3 in the morning!”

“Whoops, sorry, I completely forgot about the difference.”

“What do you want anyways?”

“That’s not a very nice way to greet me.” Averyl laughed.

“Sorry.”

“So…what’s the latest gossip?”

“Rhys is hot,” Becca simply said.

“So is Bobby.”

“Are you with Bobby?”

“No, although he did come and see me before I left for this dump!”

“Aww, dump?”

“I hate, I mean I really, really do hate heights. And, we’re so high up. I think I can walk to the moon.”

“Is that an exaggeration?”

“Yes!”

“What would you say if I said I liked Rhys?”

“I would....” Averyl took a deep breath then screamed into the phone, ”Yes!”

“I think I just went deaf...”

Averyl laughed. Then looked up and saw her dad glaring at her.

“Uh, Becca, I gotta go, something came up.” Averyl said into the phone not taking her eyes away from her dad.

“Me to, bed’s calling, night,” Becca said as she hung up the phone. She flicked off her light and went back to sleep.

Staring out the window, Rachael sighed, closing her eyes for a moment. She let the events of the past few months swirl through her mind.

"Hey, night owl." She heard Mark's voice in her ear, feeling his strong arms hold her tight.

"Hey," she relaxed.

“You seem a bit lost in your own little world…”

“I’m just thinking…”

“Mmm?”

“Us. You.” She let out a small giggle.

The consequences of Nic’s absence was devastatingly obvious: she hadn't done the dishes in days, the pile almost threatening to topple over; the laundry basket was practically overflowing, balled up socks all around it as she hadn't always made the three point shot and mopping. Well, let's just say that she hadn't gotten around to it yet. Looking around the living room, Claire realized that she'd better get her arse in gear. Otherwise, Nic might just have a heart attack when he got back.

Not that the house was that cluttered or messy. Not even Claire could cause that much damage in just a few days. It was just … organized chaos. Besides, it wasn't like she'd had so much time to tackle the household chores. She was missing Nic so much that she tried to keep her loneliness at bay by keeping extremely busy. After a particularly long and exhausting day with friends shopping, all she wanted to do was curl up on the couch and wait for Nics’ late night call. Though she felt slightly guilty every time she entered the kitchen, the piled up dishes threatening to topple over like the leaning tower of Pisa, she pushed the guilt right out of her mind by closing the kitchen door. ‘Out of sight, out of mind.’

But it was so much more than innate laziness. She simply didn't see the point. Housework was something they did together. The tedious and boring normalcy of the chores temporarily forgotten as they spent some quality time together, telling each other about their day as they hung up clothes or goofing around as they mopped the living room floor. It made the chores … well, not exactly fun, but certainly more bearable. Sighing deeply, she got up from her crouched position and went upstairs to fetch the laundry basket. She might as well have the washing machine weave its magic as she tackled the rest of the chores.

Wiping her forehead with her hand, Claire was just about to put the mop and bucket back when the doorbell rang. Cursing under hear breath, not really caring about her less than graceful appearance – she was wearing a cut off tank top, faded boxers and her thongs – she stomped to the front door, intent on giving whomever was at the other side a good piece of her mind. A decided frown on her face, her expression thunderous, she yanked the door open, only to squeak out in surprise:

"Katrina?”

"Hi Claire," Katrina said. Looking her up and down, she added: "You look … odd. I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

"No, no, I was just cleaning up a bit. Come in. What the hell are you doing here? I haven't heard form you since … well, since Jodi and Paul’s wedding. Where have you been hiding all this time? Sit down, sit down, I'll make us some coffee."

Archived