Behind the Scenes

Guest Traceve

Story Title: Behind the Scenes

Type of story: long fic

Main Characters: Entire cast, plus two babysitters and one baby.

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Mixture

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: None

Summary: Behind the Scenes, is basically a fic set around the cast, each have thier own storylines or relationships. This is part 2 and continues on from the first part.

Behind the Scenes part 2.

This is set exactly 3 months after the last chapter which was chapter 30, you may have to go back and read the last chapter of BTS in case you have forgotten what happened as it was a while ago. I have decided to continue it for a few reasons, mainly that I have missed writing it and a few readers want me to go on.

First part can be found here, all 30 chapters.. here

Major highlights.

Clare and Nic got back together

Indiana died in Rhys arms

Daniel finally found his brain

Emily and Sarah agreed to double date with Clare and Nic

“Bobby,” Jessica said softy as she watched him pour himself a glass of lemonade and sit down.

“Oh, someone has a crush,” Sharni teased. Jessica blushed and turned away.

“Do not,”

“OK then answer me this, who do you think of when you kiss him, him or someone else,”

“It’s called acting.”

“Right, acting with a slip of tongue,”

“We so do not use tongue,”

“Hmmm,”

“I’m not going to convince you am I?’

“Nope,” Sharni laughed and went back to reading her inbox on her phone.

Jessica glanced towards Bobby who was looking away. She smiled as he bent over to do up his shoelace.

“Mrs O’Brien!” Paul grinned as he came up behind Jodi and hugged her.

“Yes?” she giggled.

“What are you doing?”

Jodi closed the script and sighed.

“What happened am I going to hospital again?” Paul asked her.

“Not quite, were getting a divorce,”

“What us? Or Martha and Jack?”

“Martha and Jack,”

“That sucks that means I won’t be able to kiss you as often,”

“Funny,” she smiled, “Jack and Martha never get any happiness,”

“None of the couples ever do,” Paul pointed out.

“Oh how true that is,”

“Do you think we can convince Daniel to make Jack and Martha get back together?”

“Maybe, they are soul mates after all, and we did convince him to let Sarah and Emily stay on, speaking of them when are they due back?”

“Not long, Zoë and Tracey come again, god if this town was real I would never live there,”

“Me either, Jodi laughed, and then kissed Paul.

Amy sat on the beach, hugging her legs. She let a tear fall down her cheek, not bothering to brush it away. The man she loved had cheated on her, sometimes she thought he was just as bad as his character Kim, to make things worse it was her friend, the other Amy, Amy Mitzi.

“Amy,” Ada said softy as she sat next to her on the sand. Amy didn’t reply.

“He may not have meant it,”

‘If he didn’t mean it then why do it?” Amy sobbed.

“Maybe it was a spur of the moment, I don’t know, but he does love you,”

“Yeah right”

Ada sighed, she didn’t know what to say, or do, and she didn’t want to upset Amy further.

“When I see her next I’m going to let the tart have it,”

“No your not, violence isn’t the answer,”

“Oh it is this time and that’s a promise,”

Ada put her arm around Amy and said, “things will get better,”

Amy looked up at her and gave her a small smile before hugging her.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: Glad I had you thinking it wasnt acting and they were having an affair :P That was my intention :)

“Holly, could you make the kiss between you and Bobby more realistic it looks as if you’re giving mouth to mouth to a mannequin?” Daniel suggested. Holly nodded.

“I’m not that bad of a kisser, just ask my ex girlfriend or Jessica,” Bobby joked.

Holly just rolled her eyes.

“I am getting paid to kiss a twenty two year old all day, a good looking twenty two year old,” she said softly.

“Places and action,” Daniel spoke up.

Bobby walked over to Holly and cupped her chin.

“Amanda, I know you like me as well I can tell, and don’t worry I wont hurt Belle as long as I’m with you nothing else will matter,”

Holly sighed and flung herself at Bobby, kissing him.

“Cut!” Daniel interrupted them,” you completely forgot the line and skipped right into the kiss,”

Holly put her hands on her hips and took a deep breath.

“Sorry, I forgot,”

“Its ok, just go again,”

Holly and Bobby took their places and waited to Dan to say action.

“Action!”

Bobby walked over to Holly and cupped her chin.

“Amanda, I know you like me as well I can tell, and don’t worry I wont hurt Belle as long as I’m with you nothing else will matter,”

“Promise me you won’t hurt Belle?”

“Promise,”

Holly sighed and flung herself at Bobby, kissing him.

“Much better, now you can both take a break and I’ll see you both back here in about half hour,” Daniel said smiling.

“Rhys what are you doing?” Mark said gently as he sat next to Rhys in the canteen.

“Reading,”

“What are you reading?”

“Text messages,” he said staring blankly at his mobile.

“From?”

“Indi, she sent them ages ago,”

“Oh,”

“I really miss her, you know,” Rhys said softly as he whipped a tear from his cheek.

“Yeah I know, I miss her too,”

“Dan has changed a lot since that night, I don’t know what Indi said to him, but he has changed for the better, I don’t think we will ever have to bombard his office again.”

“Damm that was fun though,” Mark joked.

“Hows things with you and Rach going?” Rhys asked him quickly changing the subject.

“Good, no great,”

“That’s good; she seems like a nice girl,”

Mark just smiled at him.

“Ten dollars?” Ada spoke up placing it on the table.

“Fine then I place twenty,” Tim said grinning.

“What are you two doing, are you gambling again?” Kate asked them taking a seat at the table with Ada and Tim.

“Sort of,” Ada said blushing.

“What for?”

“Ada thinks Jessica doesn’t like Bobby but I think she does,” Tim replied.

“And you’re betting on that?”

“Yep,” Tim answered placing another few dollars on the table.

“Um ok,” Kate said getting up and leaving.

*stops compliments before ego goes into overload*

:lol: That made me laugh!

“But now there's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my love aside I’m not in my head,” Mark sang at the top of his lungs as he sat on the toilet. Although ‘It Takes Two’ was over, Mark still kept his habit of singing to different songs all day long. The other cast mates weren’t sure if it was him missing the show or just him trying to drive them insane to see who would crack first.

“I’m hopelessly devoted to you,” he continued singing.

“Mark, for gods sake mate, enough with Olivia Newton-John!” Chris Hemsworth yelled out form the cubicle next to his.

“But she is a good singer!”

“Maybe so, but not here, please. How can I take a dump listening to you singing that garbage?”

“It’s a classic!”

“Go ask someone like Jess, if she knows what that song is. I bet she will say she doesn’t. It’s as old as my father.”

“My head is saying fool, forget him my heart is saying don’t let go hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do I’m hopelessly devoted to you.” Mark continued singing.

“Shut up!”

“I’m hopelessly devoted to you.” Mark said softly smiling.

“Amy!” Amy Mathews yelled out as she ran after her along the sand.

“Amy, I don’t want to talk about it,”

“How could you to that to me? I’m your friend and you went and slept with- urgh! I don’t even want to think about it.”

“If you hadn’t of come over to Chris’s when you did, you wouldn’t have to think about it cos you wouldn’t know about it.”

“Haha, so funny I forgot to laugh!” Amy snapped at her red haired friend.

“That line came right out of 3rd grade.”

Amy Mathews reached her hand out and slapped Amy, right across the face hard. Amy Mizzi stepped back shocked with her hand on her cheek.

“Girls, that’s enough!” Ray said walking over and standing in-between the two women.

“She slept with my boyfriend! I’m beginning to think that Chris and I should have gone to America; at least then we wouldn’t be near you!”

“Plenty of women there for him to choose from anyway.”

“Shut your pie hole!” Amy Mathews said glaring at the other Amy.

“Is that the best you can come up with?”

“Well I don’t swear; it’s immature.”

“Ladies!” Rhys yelled. Both women fell silent.

“Whatever. I don’t have time for this,” Amy Mizzi declared before walking off in the other direction.

“Hey,” a shy, tall, handsome man said as he sat down at the canteen table opposite Kate.

“Hello, I’m Kate. Are you Chris Sadrinna?” Kate said looking up from her lunch.

“Yes, it’s my first day here. So you’re the famous Kate Ritchie?”

“That’s me,” she said blushing. She always blushed when someone called her famous; it was a term that was difficult to get use to hearing especially with your name with it.

“Would you mind showing me around when you’re not busy?” Chris asked her.

“Sure, although I’m due on set in a half hour, maybe after that?”

“That’s perfect.”

“May I ask who Indiana Evans is? There was a small plaque with her name on it, on one of main office wall.”

“Oh, Indiana. She was one of the cast members.” Kate said softly as she picked at her lunch with her fork.

“Was?””

“”She passed away about 3 months ago, very unfortunate,”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said softly. They both fell silent, not sure what to say to one another.

“”So...err, you married?” Kate asked him breaking the silence.

“Yeah. Why? You interested?” he joked.

“No, haha, I have a boyfriend of my own, only trying to make conversation,” she laughed.

“Alice,” Isabel laughed.

“That’s a horrible name. If I ever have a baby girl, it will be either Sandra or Nicole,” Jodi sighed.

“What’s the rush anyway, you’re both young?”

“I don’t know. ask Paul he is the one that wants a baby. He said he wanted a girl so she could be daddy’s girl. I said I’m not ready for a baby, but did he listen... no!”

“Breathe, in out, in out, in out.”

“Stop saying that or I will stop breathing.”

“Funny, I don’t want you to have a baby though.”

“Why’s that?”

“That means you will be home at nights with a baby and not with me.”

“Aww, but I’m here all day with you.” Jodi smiled. Isabel laughed.

“I guess you have a point there.”

“Don’t worry Izzy; I can’t see myself having kids for at least another five years.”

Tim and Ada crept along the hall way tailing Jessica and Bobby as they walked towards the Green room.

“Shh, they will hear us.” Ada whispered as she hid behind Tim.

“I didn’t even talk!”

“I said, Shh!”

“So, Bobby, how are you finding working here so far?” Jessica asked him biting her lip; as they walked side by side down the hallway.

“I love it, especially some of the people I get to work with.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, Holly’s great to work with; same as Ada and Tim.”

“That a boy,” Tim smiled as he continued to listen in.

“So… you got your eye on anyone?” Jessica shyly asked him.

“Well, you’re not beating around the bush,” he laughed. Jessica blushed.

“Sorry,” he quickly apologized.

“It’s okay.”

“Well there is one girl, she is amazing, gorgeous beautiful; everything a guy could want. There is a few years between us though.”

“Oh?” Jessica asked him. She began to think to herself, ‘we are a few years apart; maybe it is me he is talking about.’

“Yeah,” he sighed.

“Is it me you’re talking about?” she asked him.

“You? No, you’re like my sister,” he laughed.

“Oh, um, I have to go, something’s suddenly come up,” she said in a rush as she took off.

Ada quickly passed a twenty dollar note to Tim and sighed.

“Have you got the phone number for a hitman?” Amy Mathews asked Kate as they sat down on one of the green room couches.

“What? No!”

“Please.”

“What do you need it for?”

“To kill Amy.”

“No-one is killing anyone, ok?”

“Fine.”

“Oh, hey Chris.” Kate said smiling as Chris took a seat a seat next to Amy.

“Hey, I’m Amy Mathews,” she said reaching out her hand for a handshake. He accepted it.

“I’m Chris Sadrinna, a.k.a Brad Armstrong, your brother.”

“Oh,” she said grinning.

“Uh, I’m here too.” Kate laughed.

“Oh, this one here, Kate, she asked me if I am married.”

“Hey, I was just starting conversation!” Kate protested.

“Yeah sure,” Amy laughed.

“Em!” Sarah called out as Emily’s mobile continued to ring and vibrate its way across the table; the ring tone was ‘Breakaway’ by Kelly Clarkson.

“What?”

“Phone!”

“What about it?”

“It’s ringing, duh!” Sarah replied.

“My bad, hang on.” Emily said as she struggled to fit her foot in her shoe.

“Hello?” She greeted the person on the other end of the phone.

“Yes we know, yes, I know, ok, yup, Cya then.”

“Who was it?” Sarah asked her as she continued to set the table.

“Nic. He and Claire are going to be about a half hour late; they had a bit of a problem finding a sitter for Ava,”

“Oh, they could have brought her with them. I don’t mind, she is a cutie!” Sarah laughed.

“Remember to put her to bed at a normal hour. Don’t make any phone calls unless it is an emergency, don’t go eating anything, don’t’ have a party, make sure Ava is comfortable at all times, and especially do not put her in any sort of dangerous situation.” Claire began to say, to her newly hired babysitter, Averyl.

She had been thrilled to find out she was going to be looking after Nicolas Bishops’ daughter. Even better when she heard how much they were paying her, she had been more then happy to take the job.

“Uh, Clare, I’m sure Ava will be fine. Averyl will talk good care of her, wont you?” Nic asked her.

Averyl nodded and smiled at them both.

“Here you go.” Claire said as she passed Ava to Averyl. She cradled her in her arms and watched Nic and Claire leave to go to their double date.

“Bye Mummy, bye Daddy,” she giggled as she shut their front door behind her.

“Well, it’s just you and me kiddo; what do you want to do?” Averyl asked Ava. Ava opened her mouth wide and then closed it.

“What is that smell? Oh great, you just had to, didn’t you?” Averyl sighed and carried Ava upstairs to the changing table.

“Far away for far too long,” Mark began to sing as he waited by the set to shoot the last scene of the day.

“Mark quit it! We can’t shoot with your foghorn in the back ground!” Daniel Bennett shouted.

“Not wrong; some of us do want to go home!” Jon agreed with him.

“It isn’t a foghorn. If you don’t remember, let me refresh your memories. Rachel Beck and I won ‘It Takes Two.’”

“Whatever, either way shut up.” Jon replied.

“Fine, then,” Mark said as he stopped singing and began to hum quietly instead.

“Action!”

Jon walked over to Rhys and wrapped his arms around him giving him a hug.

“I know its hard mate, with Matilda and Beth gone. Trust me mate, I know. But, we can get though this, just you and me.”

Rhys began to let the tears fall as he clung tightly to Jon.

“Wow! That was brilliant Rhys; some of your best acting yet.” Daniel congratulated him. Rhys wiped his cheeks dry with the cuff of his sleeve and smiled.

“Handsome!” A woman called out as she shyly walked onto set.

“Rach!” Mark said as he spun around.

“Well, you’re not far away anymore,” he grinned.

“Sorry?”

“Never mind,” Mark laughed as he went over and kissed her.

“The table is set; the house is halfway clean; and we are both looking half decent, well you look more then half decent. Is this passable?” Emily asked Sarah. Sarah just nodded and smiled.

“That’s them!” Emily said excited as she heard a knock on the front door. Emily ran and flung the door open.

“Sorry we’re late.” Nic and Claire both said at the same time.

“Come on in.” Emily said standing back, making room for them both to come in.

“Did you end up finding a babysitter?”

“Yes, I just hope she is taking care of my baby girl. There is something about her… “Claire said softly.

“Anyways, would you like any champagne?” Sarah asked them breaking the silence.

“Sure.” Emily said bouncing over to the fridge.

“Not for me. I’m driving.” Nic laughed.

“Aww come-one Nic, don’t be such a party pooper.” Emily pouted.

“Yes Nic, don’t be such a party pooper.” Claire laughed as she took 2 glasses from Emily and passed one to Nic.

But Nic is always lame :P

Bobby sat down at his computer and logged onto ‘Back to the Bay’ in one window and ‘Home and Away Central’ on the other.

“Righto, lets see what they are talking about tonight,” he said to himself as he went and checked his appreciation threads.

“Oh a few new posts; they’re both a tad love sick,” he laughed.

He went over to the ‘Home and Away Central’ gallery and began to browse through photos taken from various events and photo shoots.

“Oh Holly,” he said softy as he enlarged one of her many photos.

Nic picked up another glass from the coffee table and began to drink it. Sarah and Emily sat on the couch opposite them cuddling.

“Did you hear about the idiot who walked around the world?” Nic asked them, telling them one of his famous lame jokes.

“No?” Sarah asked him puzzled.

“He drowned!” Nic said laughing at his own joke.

Claire rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Claire, I love youuuu.” Nic slurred as he slammed his glass down, cracking the bottom of it, and making the drink go everywhere.

“Don’t move.” Sarah said as she went to go and get a napkin.

“Don’t move? Am I arrested?” he asked them confused.

“I think it might be time for us to go home. Averyl is probably waiting and Ava is hopefully in bed, in one piece.” Claire said as she stood up.

“So soon?” Sarah asked as she returned with the napkins to clean up the spill.

“One more funny joke. Knock knock?” Nic asked them eagerly awaiting their reply.

“Who’s there?” Sarah asked him.

“Doris!”

“Doris who?” she asked him again.

“Doris closed, that’s why I knocked.” Nic said bursting into a fit of giggles.

“Come on Nicholas.” Claire said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

“Weeeeee,” he laughed.

“Ok, I’m driving. You’re outta it,” she sighed as they walked out to the car; Sarah and Emily close behind them.

“Thanks for coming.” Sarah called out as she put her arm around Emily.

“Thanks for having us.” Claire replied. As she turned around to wave goodbye to Emily and Sarah, Nic took the car keys from her and hopped into the driver’s seat.

“I’m driving!” he shouted out the window as he took off.

“Nic, wait!” Claire screamed, but it was too late. Nic had driven off.

Averyl walked up the stairs, slowly running her fingers over the banister softly and sighed. She slowly pushed open Claire and Nic’s bedroom door. Averyl walked over to the window and pushed the blinds aside. She glanced out the window looking at the view over the city.

“Beautiful,” she said softly. She turned around and walked towards the wardrobe. She opened the door quietly as she didn’t want to wake Ava. It had taken Averyl forever to get Ava to settle.

“Pink? Ew,” she said to herself as she screwed up her nose pushing Claire’s pink jumper aside.

Averyl put her hand softly on one of Nics many shirts, when she heard the front door open. She quickly shut the wardrobe door and ran out of the bedroom shutting the door behind her.

“Claire?” Averyl called out as she walked into the foyer.

“Keep your voice down. Is Ava asleep?” Claire asked her taking off her coat.

”Yes, sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. Here’s your pay.” Claire said handing Averyl her pay.

“Where’s Nic?”

“I don’t know.” Claire replied, giving Averyl a worried look.

“Would you like me to stay for a bit longer?”

“No, its fine. I’m okay.” Claire said smiling as she let Averyl out.

Oh shush you two :lol:

Chapter 37.

Jodi was standing in the lunch line, behind Sharni and in front of Jess, when someone came up behind her and put their hands over her eyes.

“Guess who?” Paul said suddenly as he put his hand across Jodi’s face.

“Paul. And do you mind? You’re probably smudging my makeup.” Jodi sighed as she pushed Paul’s hand away from her face.

“Aw, I didn’t know that was more important then me.”

“I was kidding.” she said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

“Oh, are you still upset about the whole baby thing?”

“No, yes… kind of.”

“I guess you did have a point...”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Hey! I’m trying to apologize.”

“Sorry.”

“What can I do to make it up to you?” Paul asked her putting her hand in his.

“I’m thinking a night in, maybe with some champagne, and lots and lots of chocolate.” Jodi said to him smiling.

“Sounds like a plan. I guess I can do tha.” Paul said as he kissed her forehead.

“Gimme the number!” Amy shouted at Kate. Every now and then someone from one of the other tables in the canteen would look in their direction and give both of them a funny look.

“No, I don’t even have a number for a hit man. Why would I?” Kate shouted back, pushing her plate aside.

“Cos you’re Kate Ritchie! And you need it for when you get a stalker.”

“Don’t even say the word ‘stalker.’”

”Stalker!”

“I said don’t say it.”

Amy laughed and pulled her mobile out from her pocket and turning it on.

“Who are you ringing?”

“Just a friend; they owe me a favor.”

“You can’t kill her!”

“Wanna make a bet?” Amy asked her curling her lip as she dialed the number.

“Did I hear someone say bet!?” Tim said as he grinned running over to their table and sat down.

“Yep.” Ada said as she sat next to Kate.

“Can someone in this cast please grow a brain and tell Amy she can’t kill someone?”

“Who’s she killing?” Ada asked her.

“Amy.” Amy said as she put her phone away.” They didn’t answer.”

“Why are you killing Amy?” Tim asked her.

“Long story, but she does deserve it.” Amy replied.

Kate just rolled her eyes, picked up her plate and left.

“Becca, for goodness sake, stop checking out the boys and hold Ava.” Claire said frustrated as she passed Ava to Becca, the newly hired on set babysitter.

“Sorry Ma’am.” Becca said as she cuddled Ava.

“Ray! Ray!” Claire said as she ran towards him.

“Yes Claire?”

“Have you seen Nic? He didn’t come home last night.”

“No, I haven’t seen him all.” he replied.

“Damn!” Claire muttered checking her text messages again.

“He will be fine, I’m sure of it.”

“Thanks anyways.” Claire said as she began to walk back towards Becca and her daughter, then her phone rang.

“Oh, for goodness sake! Now what?” she said frustrated as she answered the phone. Her face dropped by the news she was being told.

“Is he... Where is he?” she said softly into the phone.

“Oh my god.” she said as she began to cry.

Chapter 38

Bobby walked closer to Holly, step by step, as his breathing quickened.

“Amanda, I have never felt this way about any one before in my life. You’re the one I want to be with.”

“Drew, you’re practically stalking me!” Holly protested, as she looked into his eyes and bit her lip.

“So? You don’t mind.” Bobby said sweetly as he reached over and held Holly’s hand gently.

“Drew, what if Belle walks in?”

“And what if she doesn’t?”

“Drew, we shouldn’t!” Holly said taking a step back from Bobby. Bobby moved in close and pressed his lips against hers. Holly kissed him back and threw her arms around his neck.

“Bobby, that was the best acting you have done in a long time. It looked as though you were really into her. Well done Holly too!” Daniel Bennett congratulated them.

“Geez for once... He is nice.” Jodi whispered to Paul.

“Yes for once.” he agreed.

“I heard that!” Daniel shouted out, making them both fall silent.

“Hols?” Bobby said as he followed her off the set and down one of the many hallways.

“Yes?” she asked him as she opened her dressing room door and pulled off her jacket.

“Am I a good kisser?”

“Bobby, its acting,” she laughed.

“Yeah, I spose,”

“Why’d you want to know that?” she asked him, whilst applying a fine layer of Lip-gloss and looking into the mirror.

“Just asking… Hols, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“I’m really into someone; thing is she is married. What do I do?”

“Er... I guess stay clear, if she is married.”

“But I can’t... I see her all the time.” Bobby said quietly.

“I don’t know, maybe tell her then. I guess it depends how into her you are.” Holly said smiling as she went back to applying her make-up.

Becca walked along the footpath freezing. Claire had refused to give her a lift home because she was going to go out and look for Nic again as soon as she dropped Ava off where Averyl was waiting.

“Stupid mole! I don’t see why you couldn’t give me a lift home. I live on the way to your place, stupid!” Becca muttered as she walked back to her house from Channel 7 studios; all 25 blocks in the rain. Earlier Becca had hailed a cab and after many failed attempts when she finally did succeed, Becca found out that she had left her purse at home, therefore she had no money on her and her mobile phone was flat.

Becca put her hands over her head as it began to rain.

“Bloody brilliant! Stupid Claire!” Becca cursed as she began to walk faster. She turned the next corner, deciding to take an abandoned alley way, probably not the best thing to do before dark when it was raining.

“Only another 20 blocks.” Becca sighed as she stood underneath a verandah. She crossed her arms and began to run them up and down her bare wet skin, shivering.

“Becca?” she heard a male say softly as he walked up behind her.

“Go away you pervert!” she panicked as she turned around and kicked them where it hurts.

“Ow! Bloody hell, Becca!” Nic cried out in pain as he fell to the ground.

“Oh, sorry! What are you doing? Claire is going nuts at home!”

He slowly stood up leaning on the wall for support.

“You’re hurt.” she said softly as she touched his arm gently.

“I crashed the car. It’s totaled,” he said quietly. “And between you and me, I was too ashamed to go home…”

“Aww,” she laughed. She couldn’t help laughing, and that just cracked her right up.

“It isn’t funny.”

“I know, sorry.”

“Can I walk you home?” Nic asked her.

“Sure, but its another 20 blocks.”

“Is it on the way to my house?”

”Yes it is.”

“Why didn’t Claire give you a lift home?” Nic asked her confused. He thought that wasn’t like Claire at all.

“I don’t know. She got a phone call and hasn’t been talking much since then. I think the call had something to do with you.”

“Oh, that’s probably cos they found my car but I wasn’t in it. It was kind of on a main highway so they would have found it.”

“Oh.”

“Well come-on lets get you home.” Nic said as she smiled and put his arm around her keeping Becca warm as they began to walk.

Edit: I was going to kill Nic off by making him drown in a toilet (long story) but I didn't want Drew to be killed off in HS :(

I liked the idea of drowning in the toilet. :P Heeheee... You know why...

That scene was hillarious and it was written brilliantly.

Overall, it was an awesome chapter. Loved it.

Aw shucks :blush::) I should have made him drown..in the toilet

Thanks guys :)

Ok from now on im going to do this..

Characters

Averyl

Becca

Ava

Bobby

Rhys

Daniel Bennet

Nic

Claire

Just a list of the characters in or mentioned in the chapter, I don't know, why but it sounds like a good idea :)

Chapter 39.

“Averyl!” Claire shouted as she raced down the stairs with Nic in one hand and Becca in the other.

“Hey.” Becca said shyly as she walked away from Claire, rubbing her sore hand, as Claire had held on too tight.

“Here.” Nic said as he handed Ava to Becca.

“You are both to take care of her today, as we don’t know how long we will be. We have to go to the police, cos Nic was drink driving then see Daniel for an appointment. Also, we thought you two would get a-long.” Claire said as she kissed her daughter goodbye. Nic held open the door for her. On her way out, she looked over her shoulder and said,

“Don’t burn the house down!”

“So…”Averyl said taking of her shoes and putting them aside.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking off my shoes. It’s white carpet. Claire would go bananas.”

“Oh true.” Becca said as she seated Ava down and took off her shoes.

“Do you have boyfriend?” Averyl asked Becca.

“Nope, I wish though!”

“Ha-ha! Cant believe we get to look after Nic Bishop’s daughter!”

“You sound totally love sick.” Becca laughed.

“No, it’s just that, well you know, he is famous!”

“Yes, it’s like meeting the Beatles back in the sixties.” Becca rolled her eyes.

“Aw, shut up!” Averyl laughed as she picked up Ava.

Ava looked up at Averyl and burst into tears.

“Gee, I’m not that scary to look at am I?” Averyl asked Ava, who was clearly not listening.

“Probably a good thing you can’t answer that.” Averyl sighed as she rocked Ava back and forth.

“I have an idea.” Averyl said quietly, as she placed a crying Ava on the couch and bolted up the stairs leaving Becca to deal with it.

“Hey!” Becca called out after Averyl. Averyl quickly dashed into Nic and Claire’s room and hid in their wardrobe.

“Great.” she muttered as Claire’s pink jumper fell from its coat hanger landing on her face.

“That was so nice of her… not. Not only did I kick your father in the balls, mistaking him for some random pervert, now, I’m stuck with you crying. Can’t you smile?” Becca asked her placing her in her lap. Ava looked up at Becca, her bright blue eyes round as she smiled.

“It’s a miracle.” Becca laughed.

Averyl pulled herself up and out of the wardrobe; she quietly shut the door and listened.

“Good, she’s quiet.” she said softy as she flattened her hair down and hung Claire’s pink jumper back up. She began to walk towards the door when her phone went off. She pulled her mobile out of her pocket and read the text message:

‘As soon as you are done at Claire and Nic’s I want you home right away. Your father and I have some bad news for you and need to talk to you about it. Mum xx

“Great, I bet they are finally getting one.” she muttered as she shoved her phone in her pocket. Averyl’s parents had been fighting for months; felt like a life time to her.

“Averyl, what are you doing? Going through Nic’s underwear drawer?” Becca yelled out.

“No.” Averyl replied as she walked into the main living area.

“Good, it would be so wrong if you were. I’m so hungry, do you think Claire will notice if we eat anything?”

“Don’t think so. I guess it would depend on what we eat.”

“How bouts some Oreos with peanut butter?” Becca asked her as she opened up the food cupboard.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No, serious.”

“I’ll pass. Gross,” Averyl shivered at the thought of eating that.

“Got any sisters or brothers?” Becca asked her as she shoved an Oreo in her mouth chewing loudly.

“No, thank god.”

“Hmm, me either.” Becca said in-between chews.

”I thought you were meant to be the on-set sitter?” Averyl asked Becca, seating Ava on her lap.

“I am, but I think they caught me pervering on Rhys so they wanted me here.”

“So? Spill!”

“Spill what?”

“What was Rhys’ ass like?”

“Cute... it was cute.”

“Aww, what was Bobby’s like? Oh tell me all about Bobby’s!” Averyl grinned.

“I don’t know. I didn’t see much of him.”

“Aww…”

“He spent so much time with Holly…” Becca laughed and shoved the last Oreo in her mouth.

“Oh, maybe they are giving a hot steamy affair.” Averyl grinned.

“Doubt it. She’s married and this isn’t a TV show like the OC or Passions.”

“Damn! It would be great if they were.”

“Righto, Clare and Nic are going to home soon, in...” Becca paused staring at the clock.

“Oh my god! Five minutes!” Averyl said as she put Ava down and jumped to her feet.

“This place is a junk yard!”

“Becca!”

“What? It’s true.” she replied as she threw the empty Oreo carton in the bin.

“Guess so.” Averyl replied as she ran up the stairs with Ava in her arms settling her down in bed.

“Invincible, two hears unite, lalala,” Becca hummed as she sat down on the couch flipping through her phone.

“Hey, she’s settled. Thank god it didn’t take long.” Averyl sighed as she threw herself down on the couch just when Nic and Claire walked in.

“Hey, can I get your number?” Becca asked her.

“Sure, here.” Averyl replied as she typed her mobile number into Becca’s phone.

“Well, the house is still standing, thankfully.” Claire observed as she hung up her coat.

“Ma’am, we were very careful and didn’t even turn on anything that could start a fire.” Averyl spoke up.

“My name is Claire, and I don’t really care right now girls. Both of you go on home.”

“Sorry Claire.” Both girls replied as they walked out the door.

“Claire, that was rather rude.” Nic spoke up as he shut the door behind them both.

“Well, I’m sorry that you’re a drunk and nearly got your self killed; and then nearly got yourself fired because of it!” she snapped at him.

“Don’t be such a drama queen.”

“You haven’t seen me at my worst yet, Nicholas.”

“Claire those are good girls you just verbally abused. You made Becca walk home in the rain and then talked to Averyl like she was dirt.”

“If you like them so much then why don’t you leave me for them?”

“I would, if I could. But, they are underage; it’s illegal.”

“And so is drinking and driving!” Claire snapped as she stormed upstairs.

“I was kidding! Adults do make jokes.” he muttered as he reached for the phone and rang Sarah.

Thanks everyone for commenting! Averyl just "loves" that pink jumper :P Also Aaron, I think Bobby and Rhys would either be scared or flatered :) I'm guessing scared.

Characters

Isabel

Kate

Trent

Averyl

Averyl's Dad

Averyl's Mum

Bobby

Holly

Chapter 40

Isabel walked along the shore, letting her feet touch the cold water. She kicked up the water watching it fall back down with a splash. She dug her toes underneath the wet sand and pulled them out again.

“Izzy?” Kate spoke up softly.

“Yes?” Isabel replied as she stopped walking and turned to face her.

“Have you, what I mean is, have you eaten today?”

“Not yet. It’s only early.” Isabel said with a slight chuckle in her voice.

“I’m just asking because I was speaking to Trent earlier and he said that you haven’t been eating much. And the tone of voice he said it in makes me think he is concerned, which is making me a tad worried.”

“You have nothing to worry about. I’m only on a diet to lose some of this flab.”

“Izzy, you have no flab.” Kate replied taking Isabel’s hand.

“I do, I’m a whale!”

“You are not.”

“I am!”

Kate sighed and passed Isabel a necklace; it was on a silver chain.

“What is this?”

“It’s a necklace my grandmother gave me. She gave it to me when I began working here. It means a lot to me, but I think it’s time it went to someone else…”

“I can’t…”

“Yes you can. I want you to have it.” Kate said softly as she pushed Isabel’s long blonde hair off of her neck and put the necklace on her. Isabel touched the pendant and smiled.

“Thank you Kate.” Isabel said smiling as she wrapped her arms around Kate, hugging her.

Averyl walked inside and hung up her jacket. She turned and looked into the hall mirror, pausing as she brushed her hair behind her ears and then headed into the kitchen.

“Who is going to tell her?!” her father shouted as he slammed his fist down onto the table.

“I thought we both could.”

“No! She is my daughter, so I want to be the one to tell her.”

“She is my daughter too!”

“At least I am a loyal parent!” Averyl’s father snapped at her.

“That’s the biggest lie I have ever heard! You’re never home! You live at work!”

“At least I am earning some money to put the food on the table!”

“Are you having an affair?” she suddenly asked him.

“What? No!”

“Don’t lie; I have seen her, that skank of a secretary!”

“Gross! I wouldn’t touch her even if you paid me!”

“Mum, dad.” Averyl greeted them as she walked in and poured herself a glass of water.

“Hey hun.” Her mum replied as she hugged her.

“Sweetheart, your mother and I, well, we are…”

“Getting a divorce.” Averyl’s mother finished.

“Why?” Averyl asked them. She felt shocked even though she had a rough idea of what was going to happen. They had been fighting for weeks, over the smallest of things.

“Also, I got a promotion at work. They are shifting me to New York.” her father said gently.

“Oh. Mum, are you staying in Sydney?” Averyl asked her mother.

“Yes hun, I am. But, you can either go to New York with your father or stay here with me. It’s up to you. But your father goes in two weeks.”

“I don’t know, I have to think about it.” Averyl said softly as she pushed past them and went upstairs to her room.

Averyl shut her door; more like slammed it. She walked over to her posters; she had a few Home and Away actors and actresses on her wall.

“Nic,” she said softly looking at him. She ran her finger over the laminated paper.

“Tell me what to do?” she said softly.

Averyl walked over to her stereo and turned it on, just when the Dixie Chicks came on the radio with “Not ready to make nice.” This was one of her favorite songs. As

Averyl began to hum along to the song, she started to cry unexpectedly. She walked over to her bed and threw herself onto it, and, clinging to her pillow she cried some more.

Bobby sat at his desk in his room; the blinds were shut, so very little light was flowing through the windows. He turned on his computer, while waiting for it to load; he took a bite of a Kit Kat, and sipped his can of beer.

“What’s my password again?” he asked himself, as the ‘Back to the Bay’ forum came up. He quickly typed it in and logged in.

“What the, I have a hate thread?” he shook his head and headed over to his appreciation thread.

He then logged off and onto ‘Home and Away Central’. He clicked on a new photo of Holly.

“Tomorrow is the day I will declare my love for you; I wish to worship your body by firelight. You are my Juliet and I am your Romeo.”

He picked up his mobile phone and flipped to his photos. He had taken a few of Holly when she wasn’t looking.

“Did my heart love 'till now? Forswear it sight. For I never saw true beauty 'till this night”

Bobby turned off his phone and turned his eyes back towards the computer screen.

“I need a plan. How am I going to declare my love for such a beauty, and not get tossed aside like last years’ Christmas dinner?” he asked himself quietly.

Archived