Behind The Scenes (Part 3)

Guest Traceve

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! Sorry, I suck at updating. :blush:

Chapter 4

Jon hung up his phone from Kate and raced onto the set, interrupting filming and pulled Paul aside.

“Whatever it is it better be important because you just spoiled a perfect scene!” Dan shouted. Jon threw him a glare.

“What is it?” Paul asked.

“Jodi’s gone into labor.”

“Are you sure? She isn’t due for another two weeks!” Paul ran a hand through his hair,”Damnit. Where is she? Where is my Jodz?”

“She’s at the hospital. She went into labor during the baby shower and Kate called the ambulance before calling me.”

“What hospital?”

“The Royal…”

Before Jon could finish his sentence, Paul had already rushed out of the room.

Meanwhile at the hospital Holly was filling in Jodi’s paperwork, occasionally asking answers to the questions while Jodi lay in the hospital bed trying to concentrate on her breathing.

“Where is the damn doctor?” Kate wanted to know, “we’ve been here for a half hour and he still hasn’t come in here.”

Esther walked in holding Jodi’s bags which she had just gone and collected from the car which Esther and Holly arrived in, “He’s got pulled into an emergency surgery.”

“What!?” Jodi shouted, “I’m in labor, I’m in pain and I need a doctor!” Jodi paused to take a deep breath, “I’m going to kill him!”

“Concentrate on your breathing, in out, in out, in out,” Kate said calming as she held Jodi’s hand.

“There has to be another doctor! I want another doctor!” Jodi shouted.

“I’ll go check,” Esther rushed out of the room.

Holly chewed on the end of the pen, “Jodi, what’s your date of birth again?”

“For the third time it’s the first of February 1985! I’m going to kill you too!”

Dan walked into the green room and saw the exhausted remaining cast members seated around the table and sprawled out on the couch.

“We’re one of the most popular Australian shows, your pay checks are bigger than mine, so why the long faces?”

“Jodi’s in labor and we don’t get to see the miracle of life,” Todd said.

“You barely even know her so why are you being grouchy?” Jessica asked him.

Todd shrugged, “I love babies.”

Tessa rolled her eyes and checked her mobile phone to see if she had any new messages.

“I’m bored,” Celeste groaned and turned on her Ipod.

“Can I have a listen?” Rebecca asked as she sat down next to Celeste on the couch.

“Sure,” Celeste handed Rebecca an ear plug and hit play. Taylor Swifts – Love Story began to play.

“I love this song!” Rebecca squealed and began to sing along, “We were both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts. I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.”

“Please don’t sing, it’s bad enough listening to Mark all the time,” Tessa groaned.

“Sorry Princess,” Rebecca smirked.

“Oh shut up the lot of you,” Todd groaned and put a pillow over his face.

“And I said, Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'" Celeste and Rebecca sang at the top of their voices just to bug Todd and Tessa.

“Solo Celeste!” Rebecca shouted.

“And I said, "Romeo save me - I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you but you never come. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think-" He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said…”

Rebecca joined in, ““Marry me, Juliet - you'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad - go pick out a white dress; It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'"

When the song ended Rebecca and Celeste burst into a fit of giggles.

“What were they thinking when they hired the two of you?” Tessa said under her breath.

Paul ran up to the information desk at the hospital, “Where’s Jodi O'Brien?”

“Sorry, we can’t give out that kind of information about celebrities.”

“I’m her husband, Paul.”

“I’m sorry, we can’t give out that kind of information about our celebrity patients to just anybody.”

“I’m her husband! On screen and off screen!”

“You don’t look like him, do you have any ID?"

Paul felt like banging his head on the counter but handed the woman his ID.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t realize it was you.” She paused as she checked to find out what room Jodi was in,” She’s on the third floor room 187.”

Paul ran off towards the elevators not bothering to thank the woman who didn’t recognize him.

Jodi was trying to concentrate on her breathing but it was hard when she was in a lot of pain. The doctor had finally arrived and was checking her out.

“It seems as thought your baby has its umbilical cord wrapped around it’s neck,” He told her quietly.

“WHAT!?” Jodi shouted,” Are you telling me my baby might die.”

“If we don’t get him or her out of there quick enough yes, which is why we’re going to do a c section. I’ve already paged the nurses to come and prep you for surgery.”

Jodi wasn’t sure if she had the energy to cry or not, so she squeezed Kate’s hand tighter.

“Jodz,” Paul rushed into the room and wrapped his arms around her.

“I’m sorry Paul, I tried to wait, but the baby didn’t want to.”

“It’s all right, I’m here now,” he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

“We’ll go wait outside won’t we Holly, Ada and Esther?” Kate asked them. All 3 women walked out into the hall with a chorus of “Good luck.”

Lol, it's a good song! Thanks guys :D

Note: As with the first two parts of Behind the Scenes, Lynne is Irene and Lyn is Colleen. :)

Chapter 5

Paul paced up and down the waiting room at the hospital, Jodi had been in surgery for almost two hours and he was still waiting for an update on her condition. He glanced over at Holly, Esther, Kate and Ada who were discussing who was wearing the best outfit to pass the time. From what Paul could gather Holly was winning, but in his opinion Esther's looked nicer. Paul was touched that almost the whole cast plus a few crew members were with him there. He glanced up at the clock as it ticked past 7pm, Home and Away was beginning to start on the TV. Paul watched as the credits rolled and the episode began.

A slight tap on his shoulder made him turn around.

“Jodi’s in recovery now. She made it through the surgery with no complications," the doctor told him.

“What about the baby?”

“Your son is up in the nursery and is doing just fine," he smiled at Paul and walked away to finish up Jodi's post op notes.

"My son? I have a son!" Paul overflowed with joy and pulled Jessica into a tight hug. Jess was extremely happy for the couple but was having trouble breathing. Paul eventually let go and grinned as everyone looked at him waiting for him to tell them the news.

"Are we going to have force the news out of you?" Ray joked.

"Right, sorry! Jodi's just fine and so is my son," Paul beamed.

"Your son? So it's a boy then?" Tim asked.

Ada rolled her eyes, "No, his son is a girl."

"This means I won the bet," Tim poked his tongue out at Ada.

She handed him a ten dollar note, "You're such a child sometimes."

"And your a sore loser!" Tim shot back.

"Hello, I have a son, focus on me!" Paul interrupted the pair. He then grabbed Conrad and gave him a big hug.

"This is splendid news, I'm very happy for you both. Remember tomorrow I want Amy, Jon and Lynne on set at six am sharp as we're going out to location to film the car accident," Dan reminded the trio.

Amy, Jon and Lynne nodded.

"Good, goodnight then. don't stay out late I want you all awake and alert tomorrow as we have a huge day in front of us," Dan turned and walked out of the room. Holly poked out her tongue at his back as he turned the corner.

Paul sat in the chair beside Jodi's bed cradling their newborn son. Jodi was still asleep and unaware of the miracle.

"Shouldn't he be up in the nursery?" Kate whispered as she walked in.

Paul nodded, "I've just stolen him for a bit, I wanted him to see his mother."

Kate peered over Paul's shoulder at the baby," He's gorgeous. He has your eyes."

"You think?"

Kate nodded, "What are you going to name him?"

"I don't know, Jodi was positive she was carrying a girl so we only really talked about girls names. Our favourite was Faith and we can't call him that. I like Cameron and Shane though."

"Cameron's a nice name."

"Yeah, it is."

Amy rested her head on Conrad's shoulder as she started to fall asleep, she'd been awake since five am.

"I think its past Amy's bedtime," Conrad joked.

"I think it's past mine too," Charlotte yawned and rested her head on Jess's shoulder.

"I'm heading home I can give some of you a lift if you'd like," Holly offered.

"Really? Thanks, Mum was going to pick me up in an hour but by then I think I'll be asleep."

"It's no problem. Who else wants a lift?"

Amy yawned as she raised her hand. Rebecca and Jess raised their hands.

"All right, let's go you lot," Holly said, they stood up and followed her out of the room like zombies.

Bobby looked up at Ray "I think we should hold another meeting with Dan."

"What for?"

"You saw how tired those girls were, he's working them too hard."

Ray crossed his arms in front of his chest, "I know what your saying is right, but remember what happened last time? He ordered us around like we were at boot camp. The petition worked, he treated Sarah and Emily like humans again, but Ada still hasn't gotten her storyline. "

"Being a piece of furniture isn't that bad, it has it perks," Ada defended her characters current situation.

"Like what?"

"Well..." Ada trailed off as she tried to think of one good thing about not having a storyline, but she couldn't come up with one.

Ray closed his eyes and yawned.

Jodi slowly opened her eyes and saw Paul sitting beside her bed cradling their newborn baby. She smiled.

"Welcome to the land of the living," Paul joked.

"Is she ours?" Jodi asked looking at the baby.

"He is."

"He? We have a son?"

Paul proudly nodded,” Paul junior," He stood up and gently handed her the baby before kissed Jodi on the forehead .

Jodi held him and looked at Paul," We're not naming our son Paul Junior."

"You wanted to name him Jodi junior if he was a girl."

"I was joking," she chuckled," He's so beautiful," she smiled down at their son.

Next time on Behind the Scenes

Which cast member refuses to sign the petition for Ada to have a storyline?

What will Jodi and Paul's son be named?

and...

Sparks fly, is there a new onset romance?

Archived