Pain Relief (by Eli) - comments

Jess

I don't think I have any readers, but what the hell :P

That's not true. I've been reading all along, I just haven't been saying much :P

Now that that's out in the open, let's carry on. Yet another great chapter. You really know how to capture your readers (well, at least you got me :P)

I was really sure that Robbie was innocent, now I'm not so sure :blink:

”Martha...” Robbie said and shook his head, ”I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you that.”

This is the perfect way to end a chapter. Now I need to know why Robbie can't say that he didn't kill them. Did he kill them? Or does he know something that he shouldn't and is protecting someone? Could there be anyone he's willing to take the blame for? :unsure:

More please!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not seem like it, Eli, but I AM still reading, just haven't had any time for reviewing etc. Still a good story tho I'm missing your usual characters' emotions input. I don't particularly like detective type stories but this is well written with great dialogue. Sorry I'm not able to quote any parts (I had intended, for instance, to quote the part about where Martha thinks about the apartment being empty without Tasha even tho Tasha had never been in the apartment, I liked that :) ) but my sister was on the PC this afternoon for a while and I don't know what the hell she's done but the cut and paste toolbar, in fact the whole toolbar, has gone missing... :blink:

Keep writing. :)

*Cries.*

Damn you Eli. I kept seeing the link in your sig, thinking "Hmmm... that sounds interesting..." BUT I didn't click on it because I haven't been interested in reading fics lately. Then you go and post a new chapter precisely when I'm having a late night with nothing else to read but fic... and you go and make it a horribly depressing tale about Robbie, and him being in peril... kill off Ella, Tasha AND Josie... and now you go and drag "A.E. Jacobsen" into it!!!

Of course I'll have to keep reading it now, even though I'm never in a fic reading mood... and even when I am, I don't like reading ongoing fics because I know how bad I am at finishing them, and I just plain don't trust anyone else to finish theirs...

Damn you -__-

PS. Henderson case???

Edited by emmasi

I think I'll take that as a complement :unsure::P

I can promise you though, even though it seems like a complete mess right now you will get all the answers by the end of the fic :)

And the Henderson thing was just a case I came up with because I needed a case for her to have worked on before she got back to Summer Bay :P

I think you need more exploration of the Henderson case :wink:. And you know, Kim is in town... :ph34r:

But no, it was definitely a compliment. Just a very bitter one lol. Not for the story - It is an EXCELLENT fic. I love the gut-wrenchers. I'm actually a little jealous that I didn't write it myself :unsure:. I'm just mad that you tricked me into reading it when I have a self-imposed ban on getting involved with unfinished fics! :P

Hehe, well, if it makes you feel any better I had to do a lot of research for this fic :P

If the police had seen my internet browser while I was writing they probably would have arrested me... Most of my tabs were various pages about Sodium Thiopental, lethal injections and various types of morphine :P

It's a great script, Eli, but I'm having difficulty empathising with the characters. Don't take that as a negative criticism. Many people enjoy and prefer reading mostly dialogue and find a story easier to follow in that format. For me tho it only works when I can actually see people living and breathing the characters (because then they're able to put across the emotions etc) or when the writer guides me through a story by telling me exactly how everyone's feeling and exactly what the writer is seeing.

But I hope you realise this is just a matter of personal opinion - and, let's face it, Shakespeare wrote in script! :P (and I probably wouldn't have been able to follow most of that without the lecturer's interpretations! :lol: ) It's a good, well thought out story (sorry, still don't like that title! :P ) I guess you just spoilt me in earlier fics by tapping in to other characters' emotions (particularly Jade) so incredibly well. :)

ps I'm referring mostly to the last chapter in this review. The previous chapters have been less talky.

Edited by I love music