You Don't Know The Truth

Guest tamminmad

CHAPTER 5: Angry Parents and Loving Boyfriends.

“How can you let a girl like that stay at this school, you should kick her out,” said Mrs. Thompson, one of the many angry parents at the P&C meeting.

“Technically she hasn’t done anything wrong ,” replied Mr. Fisher trying to contain the situation. “It happened before she came to this school, and there is nothing I can do about it,” he explained.

“She is going to have a bad influence on our kids,” said Mr. Marshall.

“Well, I’ve thought about that and I think it would be a good idea to hold a drugs seminar to try and explain to the students about the consequences of taking drugs,” Mr. Fisher said, trying to reason with the angry parents. “That’s the best I can do, but I would advise that you all speak to your children personally about this, and try to find out their feelings on it,” he said trying to lend a hand.

“How was school,” Ryan asked as he gave Dani a hug.

“Terrible, the only person who treated me like a human being was Mr. Fisher and I thought he’d be the worst of the lot but he was so understanding,” replied Dani.

“So was everyone better about it than you thought they’d be?” he asked.

“Not every one, there are still some people who think that I’m some kind of monster,” she said, “Mr. Fisher thinks that he’ll have to organise a drugs seminar, and he wants me to speak at it.”

“Well that might give you a chance to explain things to people without them interrupting,” he said.

“I guess so, but I don’t want to think about that now I want to think about you,” she said in her cheeky voice.

Mr. Fisher started proceedings at the seminar, “Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome. In light of recent events I have organised this drugs seminar to try and curb any thoughts of people in the community, thinking that drug use is a good idea. We have organised for a representative from the drug council to come and talk to you today about stats and figures of drug use in Australia and among Australia’s youth. We also have a previous drug user here to talk about her experiences. I hope that this will be an insightful and helpful seminar for all of you, now I would like to introduce Paul Smith from the National Drug Council, Paul."

“Thank you Mr. Fisher," Paul said "Hello ladies and gentlemen I am here today to give you some stats on the use of drugs in the youth of today. This survey was conducted two years ago, I will talk about the percentage of 12 to 17 year olds who have ever tried certain drugs in their lifetime. For cannabis it is 29%, hallucinogens and amphetamines were both 7%, and for opiates, cocaine and ecstasy it was 4%. This may not sound like a lot but this is for all the 12 to 17 year olds in the whole country, these are alarming figures and we need to do something to stop the youth of Australia trying these drugs. Drug seminars like this one are a good start and I commend Mr. Fisher for organising it. Thank you for your time and if you have any further questions I will be happy to answer them, after the conclusion of the seminar.”

Dani knew she was up next and was very nervous, she knew everyone out there would be judging her. “I can’t do this Ryan,” she said to her boyfriend.

“Yes you can Dani, I’m right here with you I won’t let anyone bring you down,” Ryan said, trying to help her confidence. “Just tell the truth and you’ll be fine, if you leave things out they won’t believe anything you say, you can do this Dani.”

“Alright, I love you Ryan,” she said and then gave him a hug.

“I love you to,” he replied.

"The next speaker we have for you is a former drug user," Mr. Fisher said, "Some of you will know her others won’t, but as you will see it is very possible for drug users to reform themselves and become wonderful people. Would you all welcome Dani Sutherland."

As Dani walked out on to the stage she saw the amount of people that had turned up, she knew they weren’t there to here about the affects of drugs on the community; they were there to hear her confession.

“I liked many drug users started taking drugs at a tough time in my life," Dani began, "Which is why they seemed like a good idea to me, I became addicted to Ice without even realising it was happening. What I thought was good turned out to be bad. My addiction got worse, as did my life. At first it’s about the euphoric state it puts you in, then the bad effects happen like the nervousness, anxiety, agitation, panic and paranoia. Then there’s the times when you nearly loose your friends, I had one friend who overdosed five times, each time I thought he was going to die, he had seizures and I was completely freaked out. When I decided to do something about my addiction, and give up it was hard because I had to say goodbye to some really good friends because they were addicts and if I had stayed friends with them I would never had been able to quit. Taking drugs is never a good idea and taking them when you are feeling down is even worse, I hope that you all can learn from my mistakes and never ever try drugs because they will ruin your life, Thank you."

“I am so glad that’s over,” said Dani, relieved as she walked home with Ryan.

“You did a good job Dan, I’m proud of you, I don’t think I could have done that,” said Ryan.

“Thanks Ry, I hope now that everyone can see that I’m not a bad person,” she said.

“I think they will, of course I always knew you were a good person,” said Ryan talking himself up.

“You’re an idiot,” said Dani playfully. “Race you back to the caravan park, Go,” Dani said and then took off.

“Hey, not far I wasn’t ready,” Ryan said as he ran after Dani.

Cheers to Eli for proof. :)

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER 6: Fears and Tears.

Rhys was cleaning up the caravan park after a windy night, there was rubbish everywhere. Rhys came up to a caravan that had a lot of rubbish under it, he started to put it in a garbage bag when he notice something he did not want to see, a syringe.

“Hey, Dad,” said Dani as she walked over to her farther. She could tell by the look on Rhys’s face that something was wrong. “Is something wrong Dad?”

“Yeah I thought you said that Ryan had stopped using,” Rhys said.

“He has Dad, what’s the problem now I thought we were over all that stuff with Ryan,” replied Dani.

“Then how do you explain this,” said Rhys as he held up the syringe.

“You don’t know that it is Ryan’s,” said Dani.

“Well don’t you think it’s a bit of a coincidence that Ryan shows up and that I find the syringe so close to his van?”

“It was windy last night Dad it could have come from anywhere,” said Dani starting to fear that the syringe could belong to Ryan.

“Well you better hope it’s not his,” said Rhys as he headed over in the direction of Ryan’s van.

“Dad wait, let me ask him he’s more likely to tell me the truth.”

“You think it’s his too, don’t you?”

“There’s a chance it could be his, he might have relapsed.”

“Fine you ask him,” said Rhys and walked away.

Dani knocked on Ryan’s door, hoping he wouldn’t be in so she could put off asking him about his using. “Hey Dan,” said Ryan as he answered the door, “Come on in.”

Dani came in and gave Ryan a kiss and a hug. “Ryan I need to ask you something and I want you to tell me the truth,” she said.

“Of course I’ll tell you the truth, what‘s up?” replied Ryan.

“Are you using, Ryan? Please tell me the truth, if you’ve been using this whole time and lying to me then I don’t want to see you again but if you’ve relapsed then I’m here to help you,” asked Dani as tears began to swell in her eyes.

“Dan, I’m not using at all, I haven’t used in three months, why would you think that I’d be using?” asked Ryan.

“Dad found a syringe this morning and he thought it might be yours.”

“Well I can tell you it’s not mine Dani, if he thought it was mine then why did you come and ask me” he asked

“I thought it could be yours too, I thought you had relapsed.”

“Dan, there’s no reason for me to go back to using meth, I have you, I don’t need anything else,” said Ryan.

“Ry, this has made me realise something, I don’t trust you, even now when you're saying that you haven’t used, I can’t be sure your telling the truth,” she said.

“Dani I told you, you can trust me you don’t need to worry,” he said.

“But I don’t trust you Ryan and if I can’t trust you then I can’t be with you anymore. I’m sorry Ryan, I do love you but I can’t be with someone I don’t trust.”

“Dani please, you can’t leave me, I love you!” he pleaded.

“I’m sorry Ryan,” she said in tears as she walked out the door.

Cheers to Eli for proof reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Bec but my life has become really busy at the moment so I have deicided not to continue this fic at this moment, I will how ever continue in the future, so I hope you will come back and read some more when I write it.

Thanks, tamminmad.

Archived