Dating culture

Guest Eli

Name (first name only, or nickname): Kaitlyn

Current relationship status (single/in a relationship/engaged/married/divorced etc.): Married

YOUR IMPRESSION

How would you describe the dating culture in your country? Laid back. Sometimes it's just about the sex (sorry to say it, but it's true).

Are there any "rules" when it comes to dating, regarding age difference, the other person's relationship status, social status, race etc.? There doesn't seem to be any 'rules'. There's no expectation for the guy to do the asking. There seems to be a lot of one night stands. My hubby's friend seems to be with a different girl every weekend! And that girl isn't necessarily single. Some people don't take dating as serious as others. At school all the 'cool' people seemed to date each other.

What is your impression of the dating culture in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland. USA, Canada and Norway etc.? (OPTIONAL)

What do you think is an appropriate age to start dating? 16 at the absolute youngest.

YOU (OPTIONAL)

How old were you when you first went on a date? 16

How does your country's dating culture suit you? I'm not big on the whole dating thing. Movies/going out for dinner/staying home watching a dvd is fine.

What do you expect from people you are on a date with? I don't think my husband (or any past boyfriends) have ever surprised me with a date. As long as I have a good time, it doesn't matter.

Would you say you date often? Not since our son came along. We don't go out much anymore.

How would you describe the ideal date? As I said above, as long as I have a good time I don't care what we do.

Hope this helps.

Name: Marie

Current relationship status: Single and happy :wink:

YOUR IMPRESSION

How would you describe the dating culture in your country?

I don't think there's a dating culture in Norway.. Not where I come from (Finnmark in general :P). We just hook up and then we're together :P

Are there any "rules" when it comes to dating, regarding age difference, the other person's relationship status, social status, race etc.?

Nope, no rules.. Not even regarding age differences, as long as both parts are over 16 (or under/the same age)

What is your impression of the dating culture in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland. USA, Canada and Norway etc.?

Well for me it looks like the dating culture in the US is much bigger then in Norway and like if you don't ever date, then you're a geek :P

What do you think is an appropriate age to start dating?

Around 13 maybe? It depends on how old both parts are - but to start a relationship (serious) then I think you should be 15+

YOU

How old were you when you first went on a date?

Never been on a date.. I've hooked up with guys and then we've met later on, maybe seen a movie together etc etc - but usually we're not alone and there's always someone who's "alone" (don't have a BF or isn't dating anyone)

How does your country's dating culture suit you?

I kind og like how it is now :P

What do you expect from people you are on a date with?

I don't expect anything from a guy other then him being nice etc etc..

Would you say you date often?

haha no!

How would you describe the ideal date?

Just spending time alone, maybe with a movie and then just relax..

Name (first name only, or nickname): Zetti

Current relationship status: Single

YOUR IMPRESSION

There arent really any rules apart from its better to stick with your age range. The culture is quite flexible.

Are there any "rules" when it comes to dating, regarding age difference, the other person's relationship status, social status, race etc.?

Race, there is, stick to your own kind is the phrase people use and with age as well.

What is your impression of the dating culture in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland. USA, Canada and Norway etc.? (OPTIONAL)

What do you think is an appropriate age to start dating? When the person is mature enough emotionally.

YOU (OPTIONAL)

How old were you when you first went on a date? 14

How does your country's dating culture suit you? It doesnt really.

What do you expect from people you are on a date with? Honesty

Would you say you date often? Nope

How would you describe the ideal date? A date on a beach or a pier..

Name: Liz

Current relationship status: In a relationship

YOUR IMPRESSION

Fairly relaxed; I've noticed there is far less stigma attached to sleeping around recently.

Generally, some things can be frowned upon and I never thought I'd be 17 and dating a 32 year old man, but I am and I have been for a while. My parents have accepted the situation, I'm extremely happy and although the usual first reaction from people is "Really? That's... a big age gap!", overall people are quite supportive.

I don't know, but I wouldn't say I've noticed any major differences.

What do you think is an appropriate age to start dating?

I really don't know. I was 13 and that was too young.

YOU (OPTIONAL)

How old were you when you first went on a date? 13

How does your country's dating culture suit you? I think it's too relaxed sometimes.

What do you expect from people you are on a date with? To be treated with respect.

Would you say you date often? I'm in a serious relationship, so no.

How would you describe the ideal date? Snuggles and kisses with the man I'm in love with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived