I Don't Wanna Be Told To Grow Up

Guest *caitie*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

okay... I now feel like a complete cow because I haven't updated in ages...but here one FINALLY is...!

Chapter 9-I Like It

9 MONTHS LATER

Orlando's P.O.V

I walked into history with Ryan and Melissa. Melissa went and sat with her friends at the front of the class and, as usual, Ryan and I went and sat at the back.

Everyone was in a pretty rowdy mood.

Sally had invited basically the whole school to a party in the next couple of weeks when her parents were away, and a lot of people were very keen to go.

A lot of the boys sat at the back, it was more a tradition than just a thing to do.

The teacher was slightly annoyed at the “high noise level” but said ‘settle down, grade 9’ as we sat down.

We were asked to get out our history books and stop talking, but no-one stopped talking, in fact, the noise level probably got higher.

Finally, Mr. Loggar had had enough.

‘GRADE 9s!’ he shouted.

That got everyone quiet.

‘I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS INNAPPROPRIATE AND LOUD TALKING! YOU ARE IN GRADE 9! I EXPECT A GRADE 3 CLASS TO ACT LIKE THIS!’

He then turned around and began writing furiously on the blackboard. But then…

‘Excuse me please school, could Olivia and Orlando Holden please come to the main office, Olivia and Orlando Holden, thank-you’

I had no idea what this was for, but I was thankful for the excuse to get out of class.

‘Ryan gave me a jealous look and mouthed ‘lucky’ and I gave him a thumbs-up as I walked out the door and to the main office.

There I met Olivia.

‘What’s happening?’ I asked

‘I don’t know, I just got here’

The main office lady opened the window.

‘Olivia and Orlando Holden? Your father just called, he’s picking you up and taking you to the hospital, he said your mothers in labor’

‘What? He’s coming? As in, now?’ Olivia asked

‘Yes, he’s coming now, I suggest you go get your bags and wait for your Dad here’

Olivia and I raced back to our classrooms.

I grabbed my bag from beside my desk and mouthed ‘baby!’ to Ryan who grinned at me joyously as I ran out the classroom and back to the main office where Dad was waiting, pacing the corridor and checking his watch.

‘About time!’ He said and we ran to the car park

‘Where’s Olivia?’ I asked

‘In the car!’

I jumped in the back seat of the car (as Olivia was in the front) and we drove, very fast, to the hospital where Dad raced inside and we ran to a room where Mum apparently was.

I could hear Mum yelling as I stood outside the door.

Dad barged in and I went to go in to, until Olivia grabbed my arm and held me back.

‘I really don’t think you want to go in there’ she said

And then I remembered all of the stuff we’d done in Health about childbirth and I agreed with her, the doctors probably wouldn’t have allowed me in anyway.

Olivia went to get a coffee and I sat there, listening to the screams of Mum, willing myself not to go in and hold her hand, to help her.

But then Olivia got back with the coffee. She winced when she heard Mum yell again and said

‘Tell you what, why don’t we go sit in the cafeteria?’

I nodded and walked to the cafeteria and waited, and waited, and waited.

I don’t know what I was waiting for, someone to come and get me, I suppose.

Olivia went back a couple of times to see what was going on, back came back every time and shook her head.

I drank the last bit of coffee and sat it back on the table.

‘I’m going back to check again’ Olivia said and I nodded.

It was a few minutes before she came back, but this time she was running.

She ran into a nurse on the way, but she quickly said sorry and kept running towards me.

‘Mums had the baby! And guess what? You got you’re wish, it’s a boy!’

Olivias P.O.V

The baby was perfect with its tiny toes and fingers.

It was asleep, and Mum hadn’t named it yet, so at the moment, Orlando and I were staring down at it and frantically trying to think of names.

‘What about Dylan?’ Orlando asked

I shook my head in disgust ‘No, All the people I’ve met named Dylan are complete idiots’

‘What about…Lachlan?’ Orlando said

‘No’

‘Why?’

‘Just no’ I said

‘Well what’s the point of thinking of names when you don’t agree to any of them?’ Orlando snapped

I shook my head ‘They just don’t suit him’

Orlando rolled his eyes and we kept thinking

Suddenly, I thought of something

‘What about, Jeremy?’

Orlando thought about this for a couple of seconds…then smiled.

‘Yeah, Jeremy, that’s a good name’

We came into Mums room to see her holding Dads hand and looking a little tired and we walked over to her and kissed her cheek, which we had not done since we were about 8.

‘We thought of a name’ I said

Mum smiled

‘Oh, and what would that be?’

I smiled

‘Jeremy, both Orlando and I think it’s perfect’

Mum thought about it

‘Jeremy; I like it, Jeremy it is then’ she smiled and then frowned ‘well your Dad and I were thinking about making the middle name Jack, but Jeremy Jack Holden sounds strange’

I nodded in agreement, and then we started the name thinking again.

We thought for a few minutes in silence, and then Dad spoke up;

‘What about, Jeremy Orlando Holden?’

Orlando’s mouth dropped open

‘But, he’d be taking…my name!’ he spluttered

Mum smiled

‘Yes, well, do you think you could give it to someone else?’

Orlando beamed

‘Of course I can!’

There was silence, until Mum said; ‘Jeremy Orlando Holden’ then she smiled brightly

‘I like it!’

and there you go!!!

Sorry for the VERY VERY VERY long wait!!!!

Caitlyn xx

:) :) :)

That was nice giving the baby his big brothers name as his middle name and it will help them feel more involved in the babys life aswell and not feel resentment towards it so i`m glad J&M let them choose the babys name and then they gave the baby Orlandos name as his middle name just hope everything goes well from now on and they don`t resent the baby or anything

update soon its great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chapter 10-Very Long Lesson

Orlando

Jeremy Orlando Holden was allowed to go home 3 days after he was born.

Mum and Dad were so happy, and the 3 or 4 times a night the baby woke up crying didn’t seem to bother them.

But it bothered Olivia and me.

I was usually tired now when I went to school because I only got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep, but I didn’t tell Mum or Dad because I knew it would upset them, especially Mum, who was still a bit shook up over my accident. But Olivia had no problem in declaring exactly how much sleep she’d gotten, which at the most was about 5 hours.

I was surprised at how self-centered she was being, I’d never seen her like this before. And I’d seen her look at the baby with such contempt that it scared me.

I woke up on Tuesday morning and looked at the alarm clock that read a quarter past 9…

A QUARTER PAST 9?!!

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, splashing water in my face in an attempt to wake myself up. I raced back to my bedroom, threw on my school clothes and ran into the kitchen where Mum was feeding Jeremy something mushy out of a bowl, but it wasn’t going entirely to plan as Jeremy spat it back out again.

‘Orlando! Why are you still here?’ Mum asked me as I grabbed an apple from the bowl on the table

‘Because nobody bothered to wake me up is why!’ I replied furiously 'can you write me a note?’

‘Of course, just get me a pen and paper’

I got some pen and pad paper out of my bag and gave it to her, drumming my fingers impatiently against the table as she wrote.

‘There you go!’ she said brightly when she have me the note

I raced out the door

‘Have a good day!’ she yelled to me

I ran into the deserted corridors of the school and stopped in front of the door to my class to catch my breath.

I took a deep breath and opened the door quietly hoping I could sneak in unnoticed. My Maths teacher, Mr. Collins, had his back to the class and me as he wrote on the whiteboard.

The class turned around and looked at me as I closed the door as quietly as I could and tiptoed to the back of the class room where a spare seat was next to Rory.

I thought Mr. Collins didn’t notice anything.

‘Ah, Mr. Holden, how nice of you to join us’ said Mr. Collins, his back still to the class ‘I trust you have a note?’

Most of the class snickered, the rest tried not to, even Rory who grinned at me, but still tried to look sympathetic.

I sighed ‘Yes sir, I do’

Mr. Collins turned around, looking slightly surprised

‘Well done, Mr. Holden, that is a change, considering the last million times you’ve come in late, there’s been no note whatsoever’

I ignored the comment and got the not out of my bag and took it to him. He read it quickly and then threw it in the bin

‘Very well Mr. Holden, you may go back to your seat’

I went back to my seat and copied down the questions on the board. Perimeter and area.

It was going to be a very long lesson.

Sorry for the very long wait and short chapter!!!

CaitlynXxXx

:) :) :)

oh oh I think theres gonna be some arguements from Olivia & Orlando with their parents over their baby brother even though they don`t want to upset them I feel an arguement coming on or maybe Tony could have a word with his son and daughter in law after talking & seeing how unhappy Olivia & Orlando are & make them understand

update soon it great

• 2 weeks later...

Archived