I Don't Wanna Be Told To Grow Up

Guest *caitie*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was just thinking that I've already planned a heap of stuff to happen and there wouldn't be really any point in stopping it and Bec might kill me if I do stop it :P so yeh, I'm going to keep going with it.

I'll update soon!!!

:) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Without further ado, here is the next chapter!!

Chapter 7-To Be Alright

Olivias P.O.V

Dad donated blood. Mum couldn't because she was pregnant. I wanted to but I couldn’t, I was too young. Melissa’s Mum came and offered my Mum and Dad some comfort, but they really weren’t in the talking mood. We were just sitting there. I wanted to do something. It was ridiculous, I knew, but I couldn’t help what my heart was feeling. I felt like jumping up, and running into the small room which I was told Orlando was now in. I looked over at Melissa. My head was telling me that this was all her fault, she shouldn’t have been at our house or this never would’ve happened, or she could’ve stopped him. But my heart was telling me no, this was no-ones fault. A doctor came out. Mum stood up and dragged Dad up from the chair too I looked uncertainly at the doctor, dreading what he was going to say, and stood up. Melissa looked up and stared at him curiously. The doctor looked at us all seriously.

‘You’re all friends and relatives of Orlando Holden?’ He asked

I nodded; my mouth wasn’t willing to open

‘Yes, we are, what is it, is he ok, he’s not, d-dead, is he?’ Mum looked at the doctor as is begging him to contradict the words she’d spoken.

‘No, he’s not dead. He’s very sick but he’s woken up. He told us that he fell asleep on the beach this morning and we believe he got a bad case of sunstroke that caused him to faint and drop the knife on a main artery in his wrist. He is very feverish and is drifting in and out of consciousness that we can’t do anything about. We have put stitches in his wrist and numbed it but he will feel some pain later,’ he eyed us all ‘You may see him, but please, one at a time’

The doctor walked away.

Mum looked at me, then Dad, then Melissa, then shrugged and walked into the room warily, closing the door behind her. She came out 15 minutes later; her eyes were red and puffy. She hugged Dad as he walked into the room. He was only in there for 10 minutes, and he came out looking determined, yet I could see the worried look in his eye as he hugged me as I walked in. I out my hand over my mouth then took it off slowly when I was not in danger of crying out anymore. Orlando had tubes stuck in his arm feeding red liquid, what I presumed was blood, into his arm. His face was pale and when I moved closer and touched it was hot and feverish. His eyes were closed. But the rise and fall of his chest was steady which seemed to be the only good thing about his health at the moment. I pushed his hair back from his eyes and he stirred slightly, before slipping back into the deep sleep. A tear slid down my cheek, and another, and another. Soon enough a torrent of tears and built up emotions were sliding down my cheeks as I looked at the boy who was lying before me, looking so weak and defenseless, who had once been so athletic and happy. I slowly wiped my tears away, took one last look at him, and then walked slowly out of the room.

When I was out of the room I saw Ryan and Rory walking up the corridor

‘What happened?’ said Rory

‘Yeah, we heard from Melissa, she texted us’ Ryan explained

Seeing Orlando’s friends brought up fresh tears. I ran forward to Ryan as a sob tore at my throat and he hugged me close as I cried on his shoulder.

That’s when I felt it.

A feeling of warmth and electricity ran through my body, and I felt safe.

I looked up at Ryan and smiled

I suddenly felt everything was going to be alright.

Sorry it's so short and sorry for the huge wait but I've had LOTS of things to do lately

So there it is

Caitie xXxX

Archived