Underbelly

Guest -Karen-

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch Underbelly last year - just a few scenes, enough to decide that it wasn't my thing. Last season seemed to be about full on gang stuff, but this one seems to be more about the individual players scamming their way through the underworld, which to me is more interesting. Still, it might be exactly the same for all I know. I didn't give the last one much of a chance, but this one got me in with promises of Kate Ritchie, and has since delivered enjoyable scenes with Chris Sadrinna and Anna Hutchinson. I don't like Matthew Newton much, but I think that has more to do with his personal life than his acting - he gets the character across, but his accent annoys me. Luckily Anna's is delightful.

I also like that it's set in the 70s - gives it more of a historic, documentary feel, rather than directly cashing in on the current tragedies of the world... It just appeals more to my moral compass to have those decades in between. Plus it is genuinely interesting to see the clothing, hairstyles, the lack of airport security at customs, and even the money. I'd almost forgotten that Australian money wasn't always made of colourful plastic. It's a nice touch to have that attention to detail - it's something I wouldn't have even thought of.

Looking forward to seeing Kate next week :)

Good news for New Zealanders - the new Underbelly series will begin on TV3 at 8:30pm (2 hour premiere) on Wednesday March 4. However, the New Zealand subtitle is "The Mr. Asia Story" instead of "A Tale Of Two Cities" - presumably because Terry "Mr. Asia" Clark was a New Zealander.

Kate was so freaking fantastic!

You couldn't have asked more of her. It was so sad though.

Anyway, I love the storyline overall and I hate the fact that the children got to see what happened to their father. Esp the little boy who wasn't with his mother and sister at the beginning. Poor guy.

Kate is excellent. I'm so glad we get to see more of her next week. Still loving Anna too :wub:. It's an odd thing for me to be watching a TV show and paying more attention to the women than the men :lol: I'm glad it wasn't the second Flynn that got gunned down though - that would have been traumatic :(

Unfortunately the town where I live doesn't get Chanel 9 therefore I can't watch it on TV. It never really bothered me that I was missing out on what was supposed to be an amaziiiing show. Till I found out Kate was going to be on it. Then that really ticked me off.

So, in conclusion the episode is currently downloading so I can watch Kate work her magic.

Archived