Good News Week

Guest emmasi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yeah. Except that the Mythbusters proved that fish myth wrong years ago...

I love Good News Week so much. I don't think I laugh as much all week as I do when I'm watching that show. It's so great having all the old games back. I was worried that they'd try to revamp it all and wreck it, but it's just sooo cozy and warm to be able to slip back into the show as it's always been. Ah :)

That sock puppet thing was so disturbing lol...

• 3 months later...

Yipes, haven't posted in here in a while :unsure:

I just had to make a mention of this, and I'm not sure if I'm really allowed to - might be inappropriate, so I'll chuck in tags:

Paul: "As the director of the award winning movie The Black Balloon, how do you feel talking about scrotums?

Elissa: "You haven't seen my movie have you?"

Paul: "... Well that shut me up."

Then something about a bruised scrotum being the reason the movie was called The Black Balloon

:P

Hehehe... they were practically talking about Rhys' junk... *mature* :)

• 4 months later...

I loved the So You Think You Can Mime on Monday, both the actual miming and the expressions on Tom's and Julia's faces when they read the stories.

I found this great book from years ago, when the show was on the ABC, filled with Paul's monologues on each story. My favourite was about a riot at an overcrowded Wiggles concert: "Blood-stained skivvies have been showing up at show-and-tell across the country." Or something to that effect.

Also, at the back, there was a page about supposed GNW merchandise, including two spin-offs from "Where's Wally?": "Here's Wally" (for people just plain tired of looking) and "Where's Warren?" (Thought finding Wally was a piece of ****? With "Where's Warren" you don't even know who you're looking for!) :D

Just love this show. :)

Wish it was still on the ABC as the ads detract from it a bit. Agreed, Frank Woodley is just sooooo funny. :lol: Akmal Saleh and Stephen K. Amos are also right up there. :D But there is no such thing as a boring guest on that show. Paul is also a very funny, very clever man. :lol:

Not just you. I spent the whole time singing "Wicked Game." Chris Isaac sang it on Australian Idol before GNW, and I've always liked the song so I figured it was about time I learned the words :P

I enjoyed the "political point!" thing, but that's about it. Did the Sex and the City woman contribute anything apart from the scheduled couch thing? Which I missed because I was wandering around...

Kitty and the blonde boy did their best, bless 'em.

Julie Bishop is not one of my favourite politicians and I liked the way Kitty put her back in her box. :D

Agreed, the women on the couch weren’t particularly funny but I thought Paul’s ad libbing was great.

Also liked his take on the US election. :D

Archived