A return and departure!

Guest Nathan

I'm not surprised he's leaving, since they split Oliver and Elle up he's had absolutely nothing to do except hang around in the background while his annoying new family whinge and moan for weeks on end.

I still think Elle and Oliver had a lot of potential as a couple and that Oliver had more potential as a character but he's been sacrificed for the sake of Declan and Rebecca (how long will it be before she forgets Oliver exists altogether after he leaves? I'll give her a week). He became a spare part and a casualty of their big 'revamp' which mean't all new characters seemed to get priority which is why an established character like Elle seems to have been partnered up with waste of space Riley (there is no other explanation for that pairing).

I really wish the Rachel leaving was true, i can't stand her, i dislike her more than i dislike the awful Parkers and that's a lot.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ned and Mickey will be a big loss for me, but I can only hope they'll be going off to join Janae and the rest of the Timminses. Perhaps there'll be a delightful spin-off...

That would be comedy gold. I would watch that for sure ... as long as Kirsten didn't keep popping up. I cannot STAND her!

I also havent heard of all of those cast members leaving. I recently read and interview with the girl who plays Elle, and she says she loves Neighbours and didnt have plans to leave. Thats unless she's been axed, but I dont see why they should, she's great imo.

Whats so good about Neighbours as it is now, is that there are so many cast members that have been around for years and years, Steph since 99, Todie, Libby, Susan, Karl all since 94, Harold, Lou and Paul the 80's (give or take the years they departed)...its just so strong, and compare that to how it was in the early 90's when the only remaining cast member to be around for more than 2 years was Helen, and she'd been there from the first ever scene. But yea, these long term cast are awsome and I've invested years and years into watching their characters develop so as long as they stick around all the cast changes shouldnt be too much of a smack in the mouth.

Besides, its only Oliver', Rosie and Frazer been confirmed officially isnt it? I dont believe that whole heap of them are going.. I am going to miss Rosie and Frazer and Im disapointed the writers havent given more to them as they are so popular. If Ned and Mickey are leaving too, I''ll miss them, I think the writers did very very good with these two.

Will be cool to see Lyn back.

Ned and Mickey will be a big loss for me, but I can only hope they'll be going off to join Janae and the rest of the Timminses. Perhaps there'll be a delightful spin-off...

That would be comedy gold. I would watch that for sure ... as long as Kirsten didn't keep popping up. I cannot STAND her!

Maybe she'll die on her way back to her home planet.

Oliver isn't the only one leaving... Riley, Marco, Ned, Carmella, Rachel, Mickey and Elle are also on their way out - within the space of a few of months of each other. This, on top of Frazer, Rosie, Harold, Valda, Janae all leaving Ramsay Street... It's called "jumping off the sinking ship"!! And from what I hear most of the rest of the cast (especially the new ones like Jane Hall and Steve Bastoni who agreed to come onboard because they were promised Neighbours was "changing") are cursing their contracts and regretting they can't jump ship too... I really wish they'd let this show go while it still has SOME grace... It's all too sad to watch it die this slow and painful death...

Says who?

Carmella and Ned signed new contracts a few months ago meaning they will be on screen until early in the 2009 season at least. Marco just joined a matter of months ago, so I don't think he could get out of his contract that easily. Elle has said in interviews that she loves working on the show and proud to be on it and has no plans to leave. Why would the kid playing Mickey leave and not his little brother (Ben)? Surely his parents would make that decision and hardly would let one of their children leave and the other one stay. The Parkers all signed 3 year contracts and you say Riley is going, so if that's true, it wouldn't be hard for Steve Bastoni to leave if he so desperately wanted to.

I was just enjoying Oliver's character as well. :(

I never quite understood how he came into the show as I missed a few episodes at that time....why Will left and then Oliver arrived?! :unsure:

It'd be good to see Lyn back again....I hated the way she went out. It was exactly the same as Flick...."I'm going to the USA for 6 weeks."

x years later they're both still there.

Archived