Least favourite type of storyline

Guest H&A_FAN

Least favourite type of storyline  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was tempted to vote for rapists gone good(and indeed, thugs and bully boys in general turning good), I was tempted to vote for anti-religious storylines(not for Home and Away as such as TV in general)and I was tempted to vote for quick divorces(really, REALLY hated it when Jack and Martha broke up straightaway).

But in the end, I voted Other for the worryingly large number of nutcases that seem to pick Summer Bay as their base camp.And especially for the diminishing return stalker storylines, which seemed to be an excuse for lazy writing and letting silly things happen because "there's a stalker and they're crazy so they do this sort of thing."(I'm thinking the whole Hayley's baby's paternity thing here, the one thing that Eve didn't think to mention when she gave Sally her big "my evil plan" speech.)

Other- Pregnancy Storylines. Apart from the Leah/ sally/ Jesse/ Flynn Surrogacy storyline in 2004 I have despised pretty much all of the pregnancy storylines (2001+). The miscarraige rate is absolutely disgraceful and when their baby does die it is handeled with no sensitivity or emotion, they just sulk for two episodes, have a drink and then forget about it at the prospect of 'trying again'. I'll admit, Martha's miscarraige wasn't handled too badly though.... I think Tasha's pregnancy was the worst of them all, that mini storyline with Tash and Jacks 'is there something between them' thing was shockingly bad and her going into false labour, screaming and over-acting every five minutes just made things worse. Kit and Hayley's labours (aswell as the FIVE false labours) were no better either, I hate how they were milked for all they were worth, its a baby for gods sake, not some dramatic event that brings in ratings.

On the list though, definately 'crappy disasters' that are solved five minutes into the next episode. Though it really isn't a problem nowadays, back in 2006 it was just appalling. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for rapists gone good. The worse thing about it I feel is when they make out the victim to be seen as unreasonable for not wanting to forgive the person who raped them. Expecting someone who was raped to just forgive her rapist just because he says sorry is a complete joke. Also making the rapist out to be just a regular guy who can't seem catch a break from anyone. It's what made me dislike Cassie even more is that she expected everyone to welcome Henk with open arms even after they found out what he did to Rachel and would get upset when they didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived