Least favourite type of storyline

Guest H&A_FAN

Least favourite type of storyline  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rapists gone good, it's not realistic at all. I almost put Religious people are lunitic's, it's very offensive when they present church goers as being, 'un normal' when realy there just the same as the rest of us, they just believe in different things.

I was going to do exactly the same thing.. you are so right about religious people and as for rapists going good? Well it might happen but I don't really want to know about it.. its a horrible crime to do to anyone so they got my vote

With the "rapists gone good" option, it's not so much about it being unrealistic but the fact that it's a recurring theme. Every single rapist/girlfriend beater is a misunderstood good guy in the end.

Except for Chloe and Carly, but those were both last century. And Shauna's father, although we never saw him so I don't know if he ever went good or not.

I voted other, for love triangles. They just turn my stomach. And it seems that there are never any love triangles in Summer Bay where the person caught inbetween two lovers could actually be with either - they always HAVE to be destined to be with one and then the other is completely vilified. I don't think I even need to mention the most obvious one, quite possibly the worst storyline the show has ever had, and no I'm not talking about paternitygate.

Seems like the majority of voters went for the rapists gone good storylines- Myself included. I could rattle off a load of reasons why this storyline is so unrealistic and sends the wrong message for younger viewers, but my thoughts have really been expressed already by others. I mean, Kane was one thing. But then they went and added Jonah, Henk, etc. As much as I didn't really agree with the Kane/Kirsty duo, at least their storylines were interesting, probably because it hadn't been done much before. But by the time Jonah and Henk came along, they kind of just seem like inferior versions of the Kane/Kirsty thing, where the rapists get to walk free without any consequences at all.

But more importantly, at a time when in Australia, sexual assault victims really don't get the justice that they deserve a lot of the time, it's an insult to them to see storylines where a rapist becomes the town good guy or gets to rebuild their life again, without them being punished under the law for what they did. What kind of message does that send to people out there who are in similar sorts of situations? It basically says, that if you've assaulted someone, that if you try hard enough or persist for long enough, you can still get the same quality of life that a person who hasn't assaulted anyone can, when this shouldn't be the case. And it also usually speaks volumes about the people that the rapists get with- They usually pick the rapist over their own family, which is so stupid and unrealistic as well.

Archived