Least favourite type of storyline

Guest H&A_FAN

Least favourite type of storyline  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with what several posters have already said, apart from Kane (who's character was built up slowly and was more believable) the "rapists gone good" storyline is the worst. H&A glosses over and trivializes what is a very, very serious issue. :angry: They need to spend much, much more time considering the feelings of the victims.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked the first option. I can't believe Martha even believed Jonah/Micheal's tales, how does she even know he was telling the truth about being sterile?

As for Kirsty and Kane that was just absolutely ridiculous. I konw she loved him but getting involved in the first place was unrealistic IMO.

Rapists gone good. Raping someone is wrong, don't twist it so that the rapist becomes the victim or worse a hero. Kane was the worst example of this as they didn't turn him good they turned him into the town hero, and the way Irene went on about him as if he deserved a sainthood. Yes he had a terrible upbringing but that's just tough luck. Michael was just as bad with everyone, after initial hostility welcoming him like he was some long lost friend. Henk i don't mind as much as they still show regularly he can be quite a coward when he wants to be.

Other: Town Development storylines

They are always so ****ing ridiculous and really, really crap.

I agree rapists turn good is a storyline that's been done one to many times now. The Kane story whilst not my favourite was done well, the others are just half-hearted throw in a shock attempts.

'Rapists gone good'

It sends out the worst possible message to the young viewers of the show. As so many fans of Home and Away are adolescents - or younger - the script writers should be considering the attitudes they are helping these people to form.

Even on here there have been so many people defending characters who are rapists.

I have heard a scriptwriter (who shall remain nameless) defend the Kane storyline by saying they wanted to 'portray shades of grey' or some rubbish like that. Well it just doesn't work when you're telling your young viewers the rape was the victim's fault. :angry:

I voted for Other because I really hated that cult storyline with Tash and co. being kidnapped. Actually I think I hate all the 'being kidnapped' storylines such as Dom/Belle; Kane and brother kidnapping Shauna [?] and all the others. I think they are the most unrealistic [unless kidnapping happens a lot in Australia :whistle:]

I picked the first option. I can't believe Martha even believed Jonah/Micheal's tales, how does she even know he was telling the truth about being sterile?

I agree totally! As if anyone, particularly a character as feisty as Martha would ever give Jonah the time of day after what he was meant to have done!

I read it a bit too quick and actually voted for my favourite storyline. Oh well... But my least favourite would have to be rapist gone good - I'm having a hard time believing in those stories. Kane was the most credible of the ones that have been on HA, but I found it hard to REALLY believe that he had gone good, and that he was really a nice person. I kind of always felt sorry for Kirsty because of that.

Rapists gone good, it's not realistic at all. I almost put Religious people are lunitic's, it's very offensive when they present church goers as being, 'un normal' when realy there just the same as the rest of us, they just believe in different things.

Archived