Lost

Guest snowylucyx

It's like the others are the Aborginals of the island, to put it that way. Dharma and Others are two separate groups held together by a truce that they don't fight. Or something like that. :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ yeah, Dharma were just a group of research scientists who discovered the island and were responsible for all the stations, and freaky stuff happening. I forget how teh otehrs originally got there or if it was mentioned even. They had a truce, but most of the Dharma were wiped out and the very few survivors joined the 'others'.

I think. :P

Originally Dharma Initiative were a group of scientists who were brought there in the submarine (not sure how it started yet). On the island there were natives (who included a non-aging Richard Alpert). The Dharma initiative lived in teh group of houses we have seen to be associated with the others e.g Juliet lived there and had book club etc.

ben as a young boy came to the island with his dad who was part of the Dharma initiative. He ran away and talked to Richard Alpert and they somehow decided to gas the entire Dharma initiative. This would happen after what we've seen sawyer, juliet etc go back in time too.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone seen the Season 6 premiere?

I thought it was brilliant. The first hour dragged a bit but the second hour was just amazing. I'll put the rest in spoiler tags just incase.

The island being underwater is an interesting twist and it's one I haven't quite worked it out.

I loved seeing Charlie and Boone, again. Charlie's return scene hardly surprised me but I almost screamed his name out when I realised who they were going to show. I really liked the Locke/Boone scene. It's strange seeing Boone without Shannon, though.

No matter how much I knew what was coming with Locke or Flocke, I still hated it. After everything he went through, this is what he gets for it. He's evil and I hate it. Smokey always intrigued me but now I'm very annoyed.

Sayid lives! He was a TT on Twitter which makes me happy. I love Sayid and when he died, I almost cried. There is a theory that he is now Jacob which I wouldn't be happy about (just like Locke/Flocke). I think, Jacob is possibly one of the good guys so Sayid's work would be good.

Last but most definitely not least - my beloved Skate. I expected nothing and got sooooo much. The elevator scene was hot. The scene in the temple was incredible. I'm pleased he didn't completely push her away but I still expect him to do that in the coming episodes. Sawyer will be messed up after Juliet's death but I think, Kate will be the person to pull him out of it. They still care about each other but you could tell, and especially in the temple scene, that she's aware of what he's going through and wasn't prepared to push it.

That's it! Bring on the next episode.

I'm going to wait and watch it on 7Two next week so that I can see it on a bigger screen. It's killing me to wait that long and I'm scared I'll run into spoilers but I'm so glad you thought it was good. I'm too scared to lurk into any other forums in case of spoilers so I don't know what the reception of the premiere is like. Ooooh can't wait!!

I saw the season 6 premiere last night. I felt that I wasn't really shocked by anything anymore. It was like I was expecting another insane thing after another, so when it happened I was like "Hm, wonder how they're gonna wrap this up in the end". The past seasons I've been more intrigued, like interested in seeing the explanation for this and that. I just don't feel it is as mysterious as it used to be, they just cough up another insane thing after another. I thought the whole thing with Locke was interesting, though.

That being said, I still thought it was good. But I'm hoping to see some more explanations for all the stuff that has happened in the last few episodes, not just constantly more and more mysteries.

More spoiler tags from me again. :P Just to be safe.

I've just watched the Kate centric episode/the third hour of the new season. It wont go down as my favourite Kate episode but it was alright.

How unfair is it that Jin always finds people that aren't Sun?! Claire is definitely the new Danielle. As much as I liked nice, sweet Claire I'm looking forward to seeing the new version of Claire. The girl has a lot of explaining to do! What is it with Ethan still hanging around Claire in alternate reality or whatever it is? He's seriously creepy.

There were some quite funny moments in that episode. The temple dude saying that Jack doesn't have a sense of humour, Hurley asking Sayid if he was a zombie and Sayid's reply and Miles telling Sayid that Hurley has now assumed a leadership position. :lol:

So Sawyer was going to propose to Juliet because he was scared of being alone?! :blink: And why was the ring still under the floor boards when they were leaving the island at the end of last season? I just can't stop thinking that this was added in and was not the plan all along.

The Sawyer and Kate dock scene was amazing. Josh's acting has been nothing short of brilliant so far. It's clear to me that they still feel something for each other. They just have to get to the point of realising it now. Yes, I'm a diehard Skater!

It'll be interesting to see what they have in store for the next episode. I'm quite pleased that they will concentrate on the mythology for a while and put the love triangle to the side for a while because it's quite exhausting.

Archived