The Concert thread

Guest Di

Well some of you will know, Tom and I went to the Sheffield Arena to see Linkin Park. Last nigh, it was my first ever concert, It was soooooooooooo awesome. Plenty of swearing in the songs hehehe....We got home abt 11:15pm. Thank god it's only a few mins walk home for us.

We was at one side of the arena, Toms two friends who are in wheelchairs. were over the other side, abt 25 yards apart.. The only downside was the warm up band where ****, and I mean ****...

Tom was soooo knackered, well he was headbanging the best he could an singing.. Says her who was erm singing an erm having a great time hands in the air etc... :lol: . Infact Tom had almost drunk a very large what you call it. Of coke. I only had a wee bit , I had to keep going to loo, cause me kidneys, and had to have some meds. But I was pretty much ok!! Toms friend Jamie who went with his dad, his mum was on standby to take Tom. If I was not well enough to take Tom. Which, was such a cool thing to do. Esp as I'd have felt so guilty if Tom had to miss it. As he'd prob never get another chance to see Linkin Park . As they do very few tours.

Our ears were sooooooo buzzing, mine are now. So am I!!! Toms been in bed for hours, I'm still buzzing lol!!!

I'm sooo glad Tom, brought the digi pack of the concert.(when I brought the tickets back in November) which was £10.50 Which I will be able to download in a few days time

Here is what we brought

A programme at £8 tis soo worht it, there is awesome pictures in there.

Picture71.jpg

A hoody each at £40

Picture68-1.jpg

I also got a T-shirt at £20

Front

Picture69.jpg

back

Picture70.jpg

I think thats all!!! soo looking forwards to watching another concert very, very soon...

I was supposed to go to Parachute but I couldn't get time off work. It's a music festival that goes on for four days, 24/7. It's the biggest Christian music festival in the world, outside America. I'm so jealous of my friends who all got to go. I saw one of them on the news tonight, too. If ever I felt suicidal, IT'S NOW! :lol:

I'm Glad you and Tom had a good time! :) Linkin Park rock.

I've been to quite a lot of concerts...

TRUSTcompany, Puddle Of Mudd, Korn

Hell is For Heroes, MurderDolls, Papa Roach

The Start, Rufio, Korn

Rob Kelly, Kelis (I only went because she rocks :P)

Dave's Radio, Avril Lavigne

World Culture Festival (Quite good!)

CSS, Gwen Stefani

I was going to see Avril Lavigne again this year, but she's playing in the middle of my LC. <_<

I was supposed to go to Parachute but I couldn't get time off work. It's a music festival that goes on for four days, 24/7. It's the biggest Christian music festival in the world, outside America. I'm so jealous of my friends who all got to go. I saw one of them on the news tonight, too. If ever I felt suicidal, IT'S NOW! :lol:

You can't have a job!! You're far too young for that!! :P Kidding. Apparently Parachute is awesome! It maybe a Christian thing, but I've heard that a lot of people go there, get drunk, take a lot of drugs, and have a lot of baby making time!!! Ooh and by the way...this time in 2 weeks I'll be in Palmy, Nathan! You should fully come to.....somewhere near the Fitz....and meet up with moi!

That sounds awesome - I wanna go!

I've been to a few gigs:

In 2001, I went to the Pop Idol tour - yeah, I really am that cool! Will and Gareth - the memories...

Then, in 2002/3 (I can't remember...) I went to see Busted (supported by McFly, the week before their first hit single was released). I also went to see delirious? (biggest Christian band in the world) at Liverpool cathedral. In about 2005, I went to an Ultimate Events thing at Alton Towers and delirious?, thebandwithnoname, Switchfoot and Rebecca St. James, among others, were playing there. Yeah, you can see I like my Christian music!

Had a bit of a big gap, then, and about this time last year I went to The Academy, in Manchester, to see Cute Is What We Aim For, with Hit The Lights supporting them. In October last year, I went to The Gathering: Max (massive Christian event organised by the youth section of my church's denomination - Elim) and bands like delirious? were playing.

I'm going back to The Academy next weekend to see The Rocket Summer - yay! I thought they'd never come to England! :D

Oh, yeah, I also went down south for a week this summer for Soul Survivor - massive Christian event - and they had well-known worship leaders doin' their thing! And Mike Pilavachi! I think it runs in Australia and New Zealand, too. About this time of year, actually.

Aww that's fantastic Di! I'm so glad it went ok in the end, I was thinking of you! :)

The most mainstream concerts I've been to see are Justin Timberlake, Craig David and Maroon 5. I've also been to see a British singer called Eliza Carthy a couple of times, who I'm not sure anyone on here will have heard of...she does mostly folk music and was nominated for the Mercury music prize a few years ago.

Archived