Queer as Folk

Guest Eli

Which QAF did you like better?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

US! Brian is one of the greatest TV characters of all time. He's just... Brian. The UK version must have been shown on SBS at some point, because I've seen part of an episode... I'm not into British TV. Comedy's alright, but I can never seem to take drama seriously. I think it's the accent...

Anyway, I love QAF. The brilliance of it for me is that none of them are gorgeous to look at, but they act like they are, so then you believe they are :P. And the acting is BRILLIANT! Such awesome characters. I want Michael and I want to BE Brian :D. One of the most powerful lines I've ever heard on TV was when Brian was trying to save Michael's life by donating blood at the hospital, but they wouldn't let him because he (Brian) was gay... then Brian says to the doctor, "TAKE MY BLOOD, MOTHER F*CKER!" Freakin' awesome. I'm not usually one for swears, but man, there was no better way of putting that.

Brian... :wub:

I couldn't agree more. Brian is just a fantastic character. I mean, the man is an arrogant, self centered, mean jerk and still you can't help loving the bastard. He's just a great character, because everything he does just makes so much sense because of who he is. And no matter how mean, arrogant and ice cold he is, he always knows what's right and what's wrong. I just loved the scene he did when Ben was in hospital and Michael broke down. And the cancer storyline and the Liberty ride was just perfect for him. I wish I was him too, there's just something about him.

No offence to anyone, but I realised after I started watching the UK version how much I appreciate the American and Australian accents, they are so much prettier :P

The bombing of Babylon was a great storyline, I was just shocked when it happened, cause I didn't expect it at all, and I liked the aftermath as well, especially when Drew Boyd soke to the crowd and Ben attacked the demonstrants. The scene with Brian and Ben in the car afterwards was really good.

I just love this show TOO MUCH, cause I realise that I really have to hold back now so I don't keep on listing things I loved for ages :P

• 7 months later...

Well, I forgot how hot this show was. They're running it on SBS again and it's earning its MA rating... To think I almost didn't watch because the episode synopsis made note of the angry lesbians and their baby issues. I really don't like those two. They're just angry ALL the time...

*Focuses on Brian teasing Michael by getting with another guy in front of him... graphically... instead...*

Archived