Queer as Folk

Guest Eli

Which QAF did you like better?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I'm guessing some of you saw this coming, but I thought it was about time to post a thread dedicated to what's possibly the best series made for television ever. I'm sorry to break it to you, but One Tree Hill, Home&Away, Criminal minds, Desperate Housewives and all other shows have to stay clear of the victory spot for this amazing series.

I still haven't talked to anyone who have watched it (more than just the first three episodes or so obviously) who didn't completely fall in love with it.

I discovered the US version a few months ago, and after seeing all five seasons I have to say I'm still pretty speechless (okay, that is a lie, I can talk about how fantastic it is for hours). I've just started watching the UK version, but so far I think I like the US version better, mainly because of the actors whom I think were better in the US version.

So, any other dedicated fans/stalkers/drooling lovers like me out there? Or will I have to spam this thread all by myself?

Im not sure how much I have seen of the UK version..Maybe a couple of episodes but I dont remember any of it.

However I love the US version. I am not sure what Series I have seen..But I watched when Hunter started in the show, when Justin and Michael got there break with their comic (Or did they? I dont remember), when Vic died. I think the last bits I watched of it was with Brian and his cancer.. I dont think I saw the last Series though.

I have Series 1 on dvd that I watched ages ago and I got Series 2 2 days ago. I am on the second disk, which I will watch tonight. It is a great show.. (Although not sure if it beats H&A for me lol :P)

Im finding it hard to get the DVDs, or even finding them. I am wondering if I should just go ahead and order from PlayUSA or something.

There's a UK version!? :o I had no idea, but I loved the US version, I only just got into it towards the last two seasons. I discovered it by accident one day when I roamed into the dark dark corners of SBS out of boredom :P

Anyway, give me QAF over desperate housewives anyday :wub:

Sounds like season 4, Reo, possibly the end of season three as well :wink:

There is a UK version, the American one is based on the UK version. I think I like the American version better though, although I've only seen a few episodes so far. It's mostly because I think the American actors were way better though, as it seems like it's the exact same storylines as the first US season (minus Ted and Emmett, and with different names) pretty much down to every line.

I'm gonna watch all the episodes though :P

Yeah, the US copies all UK shows, they struggle for an original idea - QAF, The Office... The UK version wasn't shown in Aus - it's supposedly more graphic isn't it - so I've only seen (some) of the US version. I liked it, it was good, could be a bit soapy and Brian/Michael/Justin could annoy me but it was fun. No where near the best series ever though; that's def This Life for mine :)

Judging from the first episodes the UK version is more graphic than the US one actually... But obviously there will be more graphic sex scenes throughout the US version as it has like 75 more episodes than the UK one :P

Usually I prefer the original, but when it comes to QAF I think I'm gonna like the US version better as it seems like it's just like the UK version only they kinda continued it instead of ending it. But again, I haven't seen all the UK episodes yet :wink:

US! Brian is one of the greatest TV characters of all time. He's just... Brian. The UK version must have been shown on SBS at some point, because I've seen part of an episode... I'm not into British TV. Comedy's alright, but I can never seem to take drama seriously. I think it's the accent...

Anyway, I love QAF. The brilliance of it for me is that none of them are gorgeous to look at, but they act like they are, so then you believe they are :P. And the acting is BRILLIANT! Such awesome characters. I want Michael and I want to BE Brian :D. One of the most powerful lines I've ever heard on TV was when Brian was trying to save Michael's life by donating blood at the hospital, but they wouldn't let him because he (Brian) was gay... then Brian says to the doctor, "TAKE MY BLOOD, MOTHER F*CKER!" Freakin' awesome. I'm not usually one for swears, but man, there was no better way of putting that.

Brian... :wub:

Yeah that was the last Series, I had a quick read of it a few days ago.. I didnt see that Series.

I got to try and find them..I have nearly finished my Series 2 Boxset.. I just watched the episode in Series 2 when Mel and Lyndsey get married.. I dont like them though.. Does anyone else? And Michael found out that Brian and Ben had sex two years before and he was jealous.

Archived