Guest vale4eva

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments people :)

Warning: content maybe unsuitable for younger readers

Enjoy :D

Chapter 4:

Opening one eye she spied on him getting changed. His back was facing her bed, which meant his bare bottom was angled towards her. She watched as he pulled his swimming shorts on, tying up the front. His top which was placed neatly to one side was swung over his head, falling comfortably onto his torso, before finally his feet slipped into his sandals.

Turning around to face her, she quickly shut her eyes, pretending she was still asleep. The last thing she would want was for him to notice her watching him. She’d never hear the end of it!

Acting as if she was coming around, she yawned, stretching out her limbs and opening her eyes.

“Morning gorgeous” he spoke as he heard the movement of her tossing and turning.

“Morning” she managed to croak out; forcing herself upwards and pushing away the now-suffocating sheets that had covered her body.

“So do we know what the plan for today is?” he asked as he took a seat on the edge of his bed; facing her.

She frowned, looking at him with unease. “Erm, I’m not sure … I guess we’ll have to see what dads doing,” she spoke slowly and with caution. She didn’t know how things would be between them, following the events of the previous night. They had never been that close before; almost kissing. But clearly Jack was choosing to ignore it, pretending as if nothing had happened, of which Martha was thoroughly relieved about.

“Oh right, well don’t get up too late. It’s already 10.15” he told her, before walking off into the bathroom.

Martha remained seated on her bed, her face frowning as she watched him disappear around the corner.

It wasn’t that she wanted things to be awkward between them; she’d absolutely hate that, considering the fact that they were currently sharing the same living space, but having Jack acting awfully clueless couldn’t help but put her on edge…

…………………

The day was going great. In fact it was the first time since Jacks arrival that they had felt like a real family. They had spent the majority of the morning just walking around, checking out the sights and buying the usual holiday trinkets from off the market stalls.

They were now sat on the decking of the harbour, ice cream in hand, and just watching as the speed boats came back and forth, ferrying its passengers onto a guided tour of the surrounding and picturesque landscape.

“Can we go on that daddy,” grinned a bouncing Elli as her eyes fixed out onto the ocean.

Despite living in summer bay for her entire life, she had never been on a boat before. Just having the thrill of being out in the middle of the ocean, with the wind gliding through her hair, was definitely an experience she would happily welcome.

“Maybe later love, lets at least finish our ice creams first” he smiled back; wrapping his arm around his younger daughters shoulder, and holding her close.

Jack watched in wonderment at the interaction between his father and sister. He had forever longed to experience that as a child with his mother, but she was always far too doped up to ever give him that kind of love and attention.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as a person took a seat beside him, “are you ok?” Martha asked through genuine concern. She had noticed his distant expression; clearly there was something on his mind.

“Yeah, thanks I’m fine” he produced a small smile, before focussing back onto Elli and Tony.

“They’re adorable aren’t they” she smiled as she looked ahead at their family.

“Yeah, they sure are” he spoke softly.

Sensing he was having a sentimental thought, she decided it was time to open up. Maybe by doing so, it would bring them closer together.

“You know, when I was 15, I found out that I was adopted” she began, which in turn caught Jacks attention; resulting in him turning to face her. “My parents told me that my mom was too young to have the responsibility of raising a child; she apparently had a pretty rough life as a single pregnant woman. Her boyfriend, my real father, left her when she needed him the most, so her world ended up just falling apart. I really felt bad for her you know, I felt as if I owed it to her to find her, and just say thank you for, using her heart and giving me up to people that could really care for me. So a few days after my 17th birthday, I located her whereabouts. Dad and I took a road trip down to Melbourne and we found her. I knocked on the door and …” she let a saddened sigh escape her pink lips, “…her face just fell, she knew exactly who I was. I’ve never seen anyone look more disappointed than the look that she gave me,” she paused for a moment, taking a breath before continuing, “And then I realised, my dad wasn’t right at all, as much as I wished and prayed that he was, the truth was, she was happy to have me taken off her hands. She gave me away because she didn’t love me; in fact she barely even cared. So she just shut the door in my face and … that was it” she shrugged.

He frowned, studying her expression as she opened up her heart to him.

“She did me a favour though” she continued, “because life with her would have been hell. And I would have ended up in just as much as a mess as she was in. Instead I was given to a wonderful and loving family, the best I could have ever dreamed of. There’s not a day goes by when I don’t thank god for granting me such an amazing family” she took a moment to gaze across at her little sister, “I’ll always be eternally grateful for them … for you” she turned to him, finishing with a small smile.

He smiled back, touched by her words. “I guess you and I have a lot more in common than we first thought” he replied.

She nodded as she looked into his eyes, “Yeah, looks that way”.

In unison they both turned back to the ocean. Many thoughts flooded their minds, but one thought in particular filled them with relief, just knowing that they weren’t alone, from now on, they had each other …

……………………………

Jack and Martha lay on the beach, side by side. The others had headed back to the hotel, a little warn out from the constant sight seeing and walking around in the sweltering heat.

“Listen, thanks for before. It means a lot knowing that I’m not alone; I know our situations aren’t exactly the same, but still, I feel like we understand each other” he looked deeply into her eyes.

“Yeah, I feel the same” she released a warm and content breath, her eyes glinting in the sunlight as she looked at him.

Their eyes were locked in an intense gaze, before she tore them away and took in the vision of the surrounding area.

“Hmm, I feel so relaxed out here” she sighed as she lay backwards onto the sand, closing her eyes.

He smiled as he looked down at her resting form. The suns rays illuminating her figure with a beautiful glow.

His eyes trailed over her figure, examining her intently, she looked so soft and delicate; so touchable.

At that thought, he felt the need to touch her.

Angling his body towards her, he hesitantly raised his hand.

Moving over he gently caressed her one cheek.

He watched as her eyes suddenly shot open, but she failed to move.

Oblivious to his wrong-doings, he trailed his fingertips down her skin and towards the valley of her chest.

“What are you doing?” she reacted at the feeling of his fingers surfacing the top of her chest. Pushing him away she sprung onto her knees, looking down at him in question.

Following her up, he met her eyes. “Nothing, I was just …” he shrugged his shoulders; failing to recognise the problem.

Shaking her head in disbelief, she took to her feet, “I thought you weren’t going to try this anymore. I thought we had an understanding”.

“Yeah, we do, but it didn’t change anything” he rose to his feet. “Ok sure, I appreciate you opening up to me, and it honestly makes me feel better about myself, knowing that I’m not alone, but come on, you cant expect me to just push everything else aside just because we had a ‘touching’ moment,” he unintentionally mocked her.

“Oh right of course, because you’re a guy, and guys think through their pants don’t they, how could I forget” she rolled her eyes.

“It’s not just about that, it’s about you loosening up, it’s about having fun together, not worrying all the time. Maybe if you weren’t so self-involved, you’d see that”.

Her eyes shot open at his remark, “self involved?” she began to blow up.

“Yeah, and uptight, in fact I have an entire list, would you care for me to go on?” he smartly added as he raised his eyebrows at her.

“Well sure, go ahead, if you’re asking for a fat lip” she snapped back.

He smiled as he watched her getting flustered.

“Don’t laugh at me Jack, this really isn’t funny” she told him with a glare.

“I wasn’t” he spoke calmly. “Look, I’m honestly not trying to **** you off; I’m just trying to make you see that there are more important things in life than … university, and this idea that you have of trying to please everyone. Why don’t you just push that aside for once, just let go, have fun, enjoy the qualities of life” he grinned in a carefree manor.

She laughed sarcastically under her breath, “And that automatically leads to you doesn’t it!?” she slowly looked up at him. “You really do think you’re better than everyone else don’t you”.

“What? No I don’t think that” he laughed slightly.

“Yes, you do. You think that out of every single guy in the world, that I’d just automatically want you” she said to him, “but let me tell you something Jack” she took a step towards him, “you’re not even close to the guy that I’d wish to spend the rest of my life with, and maybe its about time that you realised that” she spoke in a bitter tone.

He stood still, a little taken-aback by her words, but instead of retaliating, he decided to take a more laid back approach; doing his best to ease some tension, “look, this is getting a little out of hand. You’re getting this all wrong. Im not trying to …” he took a pause, not knowing what to say, “I didn’t mean for this to all come across so badly”.

“No, it didn’t, believe me; it’s all come out perfectly clear” she said in a scoff.

“No, it’s not, because look at you; you’re upset”.

“I’m not upset Jack,” she beamed aloud, “I’m just finally coming to terms with reality, something I should have done a long time ago” she told him before she folded her arms across her chest protectively.

He shook his head. Why did she always do this!? He thought to himself. Always blowing things out of proportion. Making a big issue out of nothing.

“Look, I didn’t mean for it to end up like this. The honest truth is, I had a crappy start at life, and now I just want to have some fun. I mean, I look at you and I can see your world just eating away at you. I’m only trying to look out for you.”

“Oh yeah right” she scoffed, “the only thing that interests you is getting your pants unzipped,” she spat back. “This is all just a game to you isn’t it? A chance for you to go back to all of your mates, and tell them that you screwed your sister. Well I’m sorry honey, but I won’t be giving you that satisfaction”.

“Martha please” he attempted to reason with her.

“No! We’re done here!”

Jack stood gob-smacked as he watched her turn and walk away.

Where did all that come from?

Less than 60 minutes ago they were really getting along, having a tender talk about family life, and now look at them.

Oh how things change!

Preview: Martha remains annoyed at Jack, while Jack has other ideas of his own....

Note: I'm starting back at uni tomorrow (monday) and its safe to say, im going to be a busy bee. Updates wont be too regular unfortunately, but hang in there, and I'll do what I can.

Thank you :)

Martha spied on Jack while he was getting dressed. Naughty girl! :P She so wants him. She should give in already. :rolleyes:

They were getting so close but then they had to have an argument. Martha, you know you want him! :rolleyes:

What are Jack's other ideas? He should date a girl and make Martha jealous! :ph34r:

More please!

Argh, Martha is just too stubborn for her own good! She watches him when he's getting dressed and she knows she wants him. Can't she just give in already? :rolleyes:

And why did she have to insult him? He doesn't want her just because then he can tell his mates that he "screwed his sister" when they aren't even blood related (I have learned my lesson :P). I think Jack genuinly likes her and wants her, but for some reason Martha can't get herself to be with him. I mean, they were having a good time before she suddenly pulled up her wall to protect herself. From what? Jack? He wouldn't hurt her.

How long is Martha going to stay annoyed with Jack? She's only pushing him away when she knows that she won't be able to handle it if Jack got a girlfriend :rolleyes: Then maybe he should do that, so Martha would show that she wants him? :ph34r:

More please!

Archived