Season finales

Guest Eli

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2002 + 2004 are equally fantastic IMO.

2002 because it was just so .....big, this is exactly the kind of finale 2007 should have had (but that was an absolute load of garbage) with the main storylines coming to a head, and starting some fresh ones. Alf seeing Ailsa was fantastic, I love how they completely under-dramatised it by having Ailsa saying something completely random as if she's been there all along.

2003- Teerible, focussing it entirely (minus the Tasha/ Angie revelation) on the Sutherlands lives in danger was stupid, whilst the final effect of the collapsing mineshaft looked good, the whole thing was ultimately pointless, considering no-one died.

2006- Pretty decent, the light hearted stuff was pretty good, but only bearable IMO for one or two viewings, but I loved the silent night montage and Sally being stabbed. Whilst it was good for the episode, it didn't leave me excited for the new year (minus the prospect of new credits) because I KNEW Sally wouldn't die.

2007- I don't even want to talk about how much I despise this episode, it tried to be big, thought it was big, failed miserably, I'll never undertstand why people liked this episode because it was "like old finales" claiming it was a normal episode until the end. I don't think it was at all....! We were led to beleive Belle had killed someone and Rachel was held hostage by the towns preist!!!! Urgh, I hope this years finale is MUCH better, twice a good won't be enough because this one really is bottom of the barrell. As brilliant as the Milco thing wound up, the way they did the 'shock ending' was abysmal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived