I need help - Does anyone remember this.....

Guest Philly

Does anyone remember who the band was that appeared in an Episode of the show and sang the song Lately?

Its not much help I know but it was late 80's/very early 90's I think.Sophie and Haydn Ross were the predominant characters in the episode Im talking about, it was the one about the school play they were in. The band were playing at a party after the play finished, in the Surf club...I think the singer had dreadlocks.

Sorry I cant be more help but the episode was so long ago I dont remember much about it except for this band performing the song that i liked a lot and Ive been looking for it ever since with no luck.If you can tell me the name of the band and if they are still together or if anyone knows where I can get hold of a copy of the song i'd be grateful.

hope you can help me

Cheers :wink:

It is such a long time ago I can't even remember the school play you are talking about.... but when I read your post the band 'Frente' sprung to mind. I think they must have been on the show at some point as I am from the UK and wouldn't of heard of them otherwise. It is probably not the right song but it's the only band I can think of off the top of my head. :)

Actually on second thoughts I have a vague recollection that Frente might have been during the Shane and Angel era?! Aaaargh.... I'm confused! <_<

Now I have confused you and everyone else my work here is done! :P

Thanks for replying to my post all of you, I too remember Frente but it definately wasnt them i'm afraid.

The main characters in the episode im talking about were definately Haydn and Sophie and not Angal and Shayne. The song was definately called Lately ,I remember that very well, I even have the words to the only line from the song I do remember in my head now...they are

"Lately youve been coming round to my place"

I think the beginning of the next line is "Messing round with my..............???????????"

Shame I just cant remember any more or the name of the band isn't it lol.The band had 2 words in their name that I do remember and they were called No ..........???????

Does this help jog anyones memory, hope it helps a bit cos its beginning to drive me nuts lol :P .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes of course.

The band was No Justice. The song was called Lately.

It featured a guy known as Chook who co - hosted a music show called Countdown Revolution in the late 80's.

I'm pretty sure Molly Meldrum was involved with them.

• 1 month later...

Yes of course.

The band was No Justice. The song was called Lately.

It featured a guy known as Chook who co - hosted a music show called Countdown Revolution in the late 80's.

I'm pretty sure Molly Meldrum was involved with them.

ryder ..........What can I say? youre an absolute star :D

Thanks so much youve saved me from certain insanity :wink: ...I cant begin to tel you how many years this has had me puzzled lol

Now all I have to do is find out how to get a copy of the song.....

Ideas anyone??

Archived