Packed to the Rafters

Guest Dan F

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Nathan. I know a lot of people don't and think that he's stuck up but I just see him as feeling out of place. The other two seem to leave him out a lot.

Really don't like Rachel or Dave either. They just get on my nerves. Rachel thinks she's better than everyone else. They haven't really addressed her drinking problem properly either. It was like she was drunk all the time and then all of a sudden, she's stopped. Doesn't make sense to me.

Southern Star, RTE Renew Alliance

2008-10-20

SYDNEY/DUBLIN, October 20: Irish broadcaster RTE has signed up for a new output deal with Southern Star International covering a range of genres, and has renewed its rights to the hit soap Home and Away.

The new pact extends two earlier arrangements between the two companies and provides for an annual guaranteed pickup of TV movies, drama series, mini-series, children’s product, factual and library selections.

In addition to five additional years with Home and Away, RTE has taken the British version of Hi-5, the new Australian drama Packed to the Rafters and further installments of Wire in the Blood.

Dermot Horan, the director of broadcast and acquisitions for RTE, noted: “RTE has a very long and fruitful relationship with Southern Star. We were the very first broadcaster in the Northern Hemisphere to show Home and Away and it continues to be our most popular daily show on RTE 2. The sheer range of the Southern Star catalogue, from the best of Australian drama and factual programming, to top-end ITV and BBC dramas and excellent natural history and children’s programming, makes it a perfect fit with RTE’s mixed-genre channels.”

—By Mansha Daswani

SOURCE: Worldscreen.com

Archived