I'll Never Give Up!

Guest Channy!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 3

Jack opened the front door to his house that was opposite the beach, it was more a pad than a house, quite small but still homely.

“So do you think they liked me?” Tony Holden asked his son.

“I think they did, everyone always likes you dad.” Jack replied.

“Well that’s good. I think we are going to like it here.”

“Yea me too dad.” Jack agreed.

Jack walked into his room, it was a reasonable size room his double bed sat in the middle, he took off his school shirt and opened his top draw, there sitting on top of his clothes was a a picture of a dark haired lady. “I met this girl, mum.” Jack said to the photograph. “I know I say that each time we move towns, but this girl is different, she needs my help.” Jack ran his hand over the photo before grabing a shirt out of the draw and placing the photograph back on top. He picked up a stray pair of boardshorts off his floor and headed to take a shower.

The sun shone through the window and woke Martha up she squinted her eyes, her head throbbed, ’god what did I do last night?’ she thought to herself. She dragged herself out of bed tying a robe around herself, she walked into the toilet and that’s when she saw the days date the 3rd July. It had been a month exactly since that dreaded day. She looked at herself in the mirror she had bags beneath her eyes and she was looking pale, it was obvious she had a hang over and she really didn’t feel like going to school, but knew she had to as she had a maths test that day and that was the only subject she was still passing.

There was only one thing that would cure the massive hang over she had and that was more alcohol. She had a few shots and was suddenly feeling much better, she dressed herself for school in her blue school dress she left a few buttons undone which showed off some of her cleavage, she wanted people to be distracted so they didn’t notice that she didn’t look 100%. She grabbed the flask out of her bag and filled it with Johnny Walker, she took a quick swig before stashing it away.

Martha tapped the desk at the back of her Maths classroom, they were all sitting in seperated seats and the test sat upside down in front of everyone. A girl two rows infront flashed Martha a angry look as if to say ‘stop tapping’.

“Martha, test conditions.” The maths teacher said.

She stopped tapping but couldn’t help but figit with her feet she’d had too much to drink she couldn’t sit still.

“Ok, your time starts now.” The maths teacher announced to the class.

Martha turned the test over and read the first question, she didn’t understand it, the words were all jumbled up, she read it again ‘Martha consentrate she told herself.’ After reading it for the fifth time she finally understood what it meant and wrote down the answer with ease, she continued onto the next question.

An hour later and Martha sat impatiently waiting for the rest of the class to complete the test she figited with her hands, she was beginning to sober up and couldn’t wait to get out of class and have another drink.

“Times up.” The teacher announced a minute before the bell rang, Martha jumped to her feet and walked briskly out of the classroom.

Martha took a swig out of the flask that was in her locker, she was careful that no one saw, she looked over and noticed Jack, standing at his locker accross the hall.

“So Mackenzie, how’d the test go?” He asked

“Easy as, what about you?” Martha replied she slammed her locker shut and attempted to walk straight towards Jack, she stumbled a few steps then steadied herself and reached his locker.

“Woh are you alright?” Jack asked Martha

“I’m fine!” Martha said loudly and she leant against Jack’s locker.

Jack looked at Martha it was obvious she’d had a fair bit to drink. “Is it just me or does being at school today sux?”

“School always sux Martha, why does it sux today more than any other day.” Jack replied

“Because it’s been a whole month since...” She stopped herself, god what was she saying. “Let’s go for a walk Jack.” She changed the subject.

“Ok as long as we are back for forth period.”

“Pfft.. why forth period?” Martha asked

“I have HPE and I want to get a good spot on the team, besides my dad would kill me if I missed his class.” Jack explained before gulping he’d just metioned his dad, he hoped this wouldn’t upset her.

“Oh, I forgot your dads a teacher, aren’t you lucky having him spying on you all the time.” Martha joked, it was obvious she hadn’t even thought twice about it. “Anyways hurry up Holden, I want to get out of here before the halls get too crowded with people who could bust us for wagging.” Martha tugged on Jack’s arm and lead him out of the school.

“You know you’re a bad influenze Miss Mackenzie.” Jack said as they were walking down a path towards the beach.

“Then don’t hang out with me, if you’re worried.” Martha replied

“I’m not worried”

“Well good. So is it just me or is it really hot?” Martha asked

“It is quite hot.” Agreed Jack. Before he knew what was coming Martha had taken off her school dress and was running down towards the water in her bra and undies, Jack’s jaw dropped at the sight of her slim tanned back and legs.

“C’mon Holden don’t be a cat.” Martha called from the water.

Jack didn’t think twice he ripped his shirt off and ran towards Martha.

Martha watched Jack’s tanned muscly fisique run towards her, she attempted to not be caught perving at his hot body. She splashed Jack with water and he splashed her back.

“You know drinking and swimming isn’t a good idea” Jack said worriedly

“Well it’s a good thing I have a guy to save me if I start drowning then isn’t it.” Martha smirked.

“OH Jack, oh Jack, I’m drowning, help me!” Martha said pretending that she was about to drown, she let her body sink into the water. Jack looked on with a smile but became worried when she didn’t surface after a minute or so.

‘Oh god’ he thought “Martha!” Jack called out but she still did not surface he duck dived into the water and soon came accross her, he wrapped his arms around her petite frame and carried her to the surface, she was laughing.

“Didn’t scare you did I?” Martha asked.

“Don’t you do that again!” Jack demanded the worry evident in his voice. Martha looked into his brown eyes it was suddenly obvious to her that he actually cared about her. She also became aware of his strong arms holding her up, their gaze was locked and the sparks were flying.

“JACK!” A voice called from the waters edge, Tony Holden stood on the beach.

“Oh no.” Jack sighed and let go of Martha, still holding her hand he helped her walk out of the water.

“What do you think you are doing?” Tony demanded answers angrily.

“I umm.. dad can we talk about this later please!” He flashed a glance at Martha hinting to his father he didn’t want to talk about it infront of her.

“You have football practice in an hour I expect to see you there fifteen minutes early so we can talk then! GO AND GET DRY!” Tony yelled at his son.

“Yes dad.”

“and I’ll be telling the Head of Department to let your parents know about this young lady.” Tony said to Martha before heading up the beach.

‘Oh no what had his dad just said to her? How would she take that?’ Jack thought. He turned to face Martha who had wrapped herself in her dress and stood looking out at the ocean.

“I’m sorry.” Jack said “He didn’t know.”

“It’s ok.” Martha replied attempting to hold it together, she reached into her bag and skulled some of the liquid in the flask.

Jack took Martha’s hand and wrapped his fingers around the flask in her hand. “It won’t help.” He said.

“How do you know?” She snapped.

“I..... I..” he stuttered then stopped. “Just believe me.” Jack said.

“Whatever, keep that. I’ve got more of it at home.” She began walking up the beach, before something told her to stop. “You can come get dry at the flat if you want, then you better get back to practise.” She looked back at Jack who seemed upset.

“Ok.” He followed her up the beach.

Martha opened the door to her apartment and suddenly became aware of the mess that Jack was about to see in there. ‘Oh gosh, how could I be so stupid? My place is a pigsty.’ It was too late to turn back they were already there.

“I haven’t cleaned it, in a while it is really messy.” She explained to Jack trying to prepare him for what he was about to see. She opened the door and Jack was flabagasted by the amount of bottles that lay around her apartment, she drank far more than he thought.

“I’m sorry, it’s such a mess.” She was embarassed.

“It’s ok, it’s how I would live if I had a place of my own” He replied

Martha showed him to the lounge and went to grab them a towel each, she replaced the school dress for a towel and handed one to Jack.

“So do I get a tour?” Jack asked

“Yea I guess so. Well it’s obvious this is the lounge and theres the kitchen the dining room is the table, the bathroom is through there.” She pointed towards the bathroom “ and my bedroom is through here.” She pushed open he bedroom door. Jack walked in,” it’s a fair size room” he said, he sat on her bed and then noticed the pictures sitting on the bedside table. He tried not to be caught looking but it was too late, Martha layed the photo face down.

“I’m sorry.” Jack apologised.

“It’s ok,” Martha turned away.

“You must miss them.” Jack felt the need to say something rather than avoid the subject that was hanging in the air.

“Everyday.” Martha said shakily.

“They’d want you to be happy.” Jack replied cautiously

“I know, it’s just...” She paused she bit her lip

“it’s not as easy as that is it” Jack finished for her “you can’t just be happy again.”

Martha turned and looked at him, how had he known what she was going to say, she looked him over there was something about Jack, something he was hiding.

“How’d you?” She asked

“I... I just know.” He answered

“I try, you know.” Martha didn’t push to know what he was hiding. “I try to be happy to get on with my life, but one moment your life is normal and the next..”

“everything’s changed” Jack completed

“yea” Martha agreed. “It’s like a huge part of me is gone.”

“You can try all you like but that feeling, it doesn’t go away, it just gets easier to live with, you get used to it.” Jack tried to explain. “Life goes on Martha, and you can’t be stuck in the past because life doesn’t wait for you.”

“I know, I just need more time.” Martha explained.

“Ok.” Jack reached out to Martha and took her in his arms, it felt strange to think that they’d only known each other a few days, it felt like he’d known her a lifetime.

Preview: Mandatory parent and teacher day, how will that go? Jack and Martha go on their first date.

How do you pass a math test when you're drunk? <_< I always had trouble to understand math and I was sober. I don't think drinking would have helped me or anyone for that matter. :P

Martha really is a bad influence. :wink:

I like the swimming.

Jack's in trouble with his dad now. :)

Jack should tell her why he knows exactly how she feels.

Looking forward to read about their first date.

More please.

That was so sweet :wub:

I loved the swimming :lol:

Oh Jack why can't you tell Martha why you know how she feels? Maybe she will understand you more

Jack's in trouble! :P

Can't wait for their first date. Jack can show what a gentleman he is :wub:

Martha passed the math test while she was drunk :huh: I don't think that would have worked for me... not that I need it

More please!

Archived