Out of the Blue

Guest Dan F

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his name's Paul.

I'm really getting into this now, the dodgy acting seems to have cleared up. I think Bec has really changed in her appearance, didn't she look really severe when she first turned up? Now her hair is all over the place :unsure:

I was a bit confused by the end of yesterday's episode, I must be a bit dopey :lol: Bec got those flowers, then it cut to Jarrod in the dark outside his house, skulking around in the dark. Was it implying that Jarrod sent the flowers to Bec?

From Broadcast:

BBC1 offloads soap after ratings slump

BBC1 has dropped Australian daytime soap Out of the Blue after just six episodes after its audience fell by nearly 44%.

The corporation has moved the drama about a group of 30-somethings living in the resort of Manly to BBC2 and it will now play out in an earlier slot of 1pm from 19 May.

US drama Diagnosis Murder will replace the soap on BBC1.

The 25-minute soap, from Southern Star Entertainment, launched on 28 April as a successor to Neighbours in BBC1's daytime schedule.

The first episode attracted a respectable audience of 1.2 million/17.6% at 2.15pm, but viewers quickly lost interest.

Two days later it dipped below a million and on 6 May, it only attracted 654,000/13.9% in its regular 2.10pm slot.

In 2007 BBC1's slot average was 1.9 million/29.2%.

The UK is the first market to show the soap and initially ordered it to run for 130 episodes over six months.

"The BBC often looks at scheduling across its portfolio of channels to ensure that we have the best mix of programming to suit the needs of the audience," a BBC spokesman said.

"Out of the Blue is a bold and original commission for BBC daytime with its compelling mix of human drama and its intriguing murder mystery set in a stunning location. The afternoon slot on BBC1, which the series had been, in is very competitive and by moving the show to BBC2, we hope it will find a stronger home."

- See this week's Broadcast for creator John Edwards' recollections of the show's journey to the BBC.

:o Already :( why do they never give anything a chance :angry: Last year they gave us All Saints and its not returning anytime in the near future, now they are dumping OOTB onto BBC2, in a few weeks it will probably disappear from the schedule all together. I am very disappointed, its so unfair :angry:

Oh FFS! :angry:

As Mrs Baker says, they never give anything a chance! Some of the best programmes take a while to get a fan base and build up an audience. And replacing it with Diagnosis Murder with dodgy old Dick Van Dyke overacting??? Honestly! Whats wrong with the Beeb?

I shall be watching OOTB just to spite them all :angry:I thought the funeral scene today was really well done. I bet it'll become a cult classic series :P

Thanks for the info though Dan F, its nice that someone keeps us informed :rolleyes:

Its not April 1st again is it? [she said hopefully].

And replacing it with Diagnosis Murder with dodgy old Dick Van Dyke overacting??? Honestly! Whats wrong with the Beeb?

The BBC always seem to revert back to Diagnosis Murder or Murder She Wrote :rolleyes: I have nothing against these programmes in principal, only the fact that they have been repeated a gazillion times. Come on Beeb, we want you to stick with something new like OOTB.

The BBC always seem to revert back to Diagnosis Murder or Murder She Wrote :rolleyes: I have nothing against these programmes in principal, only the fact that they have been repeated a gazillion times. Come on Beeb, we want you to stick with something new like OOTB.

Yes, they go back to all the old repeats all the time. I actually like Murder She Wrote, but how many years old is it now?!? OOTB is new and the acting is really not bad, at least as good as Murder She Wrote. Dear oh dear, I'll have to revert to discussing Home and Away now :wink:

Archived