Til Death Do Us Part

Guest matticus01

Chapter 11

Matilda's eyes opened and she could feel herself choking but didnt know what was going on. She was having this beautiful dream that she had a twin and that both Lucas and Ric were happy. Well it was more like a clone but then she felt like she couldnt breathe and didnt know what was happening until she poened her eyes and could feel something stuck down her throat.

Grabbing the buzzer that was sitting next to her bed she pressed the red button on it and kept hold until a nurse and Cassie walked into the room to find out what was happening.

"Oh my god Mattie!" Cassie screamed as Matilda had now grabbed hold of her throat because of the tube that was back down it. It had now been three days since Matilda had collapsed at her house but Matilda didnt know that. To her it was still the same day. The nurse told Matilda to stay still while she took out the tube, hoping to god Matilda didnt go into cardiac arrest again. After the final piece of the tube had been romoved Matilda gasped for air as the next thing the nurse did was check her vital signs and her heart rythem.

"Vital signs are stabile and heart rythem, slightly fast but all in all for what you are going through. Everything is fine!" the nurse said as she went to turn the power point off the the life support and stopping in her tracks.

"What is it?" Cassie asked as the nurse looked at Cassie and Matilda knowing full well there would be some explaining to do.

"Some one has turned off her life support machine" the nurse said as Cassie's eyes widened and looked at Matilda who was rubbing her throat

3:00 Am

Everyone was now seated back in Matilda's room and was so glad she was awake. Having a little discolouration in her face from her heart failing and being a little slow with her speach and sometimes drifting into her own world was 'normal' the doctor had said when he had come to see how she was doing.

The nurse on duty had called the Police and told them about someone trying to kill Matilda by switching off her life support machine and the Police had told her to keep everyone there until the Police had arrived.

"But do i have to be hooked up to all these stupid machine's!" Matilda said as Beth laughed and everyone else smiled or giggled.

"Yes sweet, the doctor told you that you can go into cardiac arrest at any time until they find you a new heart so you cant be to careful. I'm just glad your awake" Beth said as she took Matilda's hand and sat on the edge of her daughters bed.

"Yeah who would have thought that you could sleep as long as you did Mattie!" Lucas said as Belle and Cassie and also Robbie laughed with Matilda's face lighting up into a grin.

"Sorry to interupt guys but we got a call saying someone tried an attempted murder on a miss Matilda Hunter and being this serious we have to investigate!" a uniformed police man said as he stood in the doorway to room 8 and saw everyone, even Matilda turn and look at him. "If you will all wait outside then the first person we would like to talk to is Mrs Beth Hunter!"

"Can...can i have a couple of people sit with me? please? its just I've been comtized for three days i just dont want to be alone right now!" Matilda asked and pleaded as the male officer looed at the pale looking, blonde haired, blue eyed girl sitting in the bed in a pink hospital gown.

"Only one Miss Hunter! this is a very serious crime we are dealing with here!" the man replied as Matilda nodded.

"Ric! will you stay with me?" she asked as she looked at a surprised Ric who had stayed quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

"Ummm...wow, yeah...course i will Mattie!" Ric replied as he looked at a horrified and disappointed Lucas.

Matilda and Ric watched everyone pile out the door and as Ric closed the door behind everyone he sat on the chair and looked at Matilda.

"Ric why didnt you come in while i was in a coma?" she asked as Ric's eyes lit up and he looked down at the ground.

"I...I'm sorry Mattie i didnt know...'

"That i could hear everything, that i could feel every touch, smell, vibration. I thought i could count on the one friend that has been there for me since like...like forever. Lucas came in, Cassie came in when she got back and even Belle and Annie came to visit but you didn't Ric." Matilda said as she looked away from Ric, feeling the tears start to dwell in her eyes. "I tought you loved me...'

"Oh Mattie i do its just I...I didnt know what to say if i had come in!" Ric said as he quickly took hold of Mattie's hand and watched her pull her hand back away from him.

"When i was asleep, Luc said something to me. He told me not to leave you guys and not to leave him because he couldnt imagine life without me. How long have you loved me Ric? how much do you really know about me?"

Tia snuck in the front door of her new house and went to sneak upstairs when she turned because the lamp had been switched on near the front door.

"D...Declan what are you still doing up?" she asked as Declan just looked at her. he always knew when she had been up to something because she was his little sister and guilt was usually written all over her face if you knew her properly.

"Dont play dumb T. I read your diary, how could you do that to that poor girl?" he asked as Tia's mouth dropped open and her eyes widenend.

"YOU READ MY DIARY HOW. Never mind I'm going to bed!" she yelled as she ran up the stairs and out of site.

Declan turned the lamp off and headed toward the stairs himself. he had to get some sleep because tomorrow...He was asking Cassie out.

Annie awoke to the sound of her phone beeping. reaching over to the bedside table she picked up her phone and saw she had a message. Clicking on it it said.

I cant let you stay with Belle, you are pregnant with my child and I will be a father to this child. You have 24 hours to tell her otherwise I'm coming to the bay and will tell her myself. I love you baby and you cant pretend you dont love me. 24 hours.

Annie sat up in her bed realizing the mistake she had ever made getting involved with who she did. She new how much Belle hated him these days after what he did to her, leaving her pregnant and alone and not wanting anything to do with her or the featus that was growing inside of her and that when Belle went to Irene and got the money to have an abortion.

The message said she had 24 hours to tell Belle that she was pregnant or he was coming to the bay, the one place he swore he would never go back to. If Annie convinced Belle to go to the city with her then maybe she wouldn't have to worry about Belle finding out...ever. Annie lye back in bed and tried to get some sleep, she had to leave the bay again in the morning for her appointment in the city later on that day.

Back at the hospital the police had now interveiwed Beth, Jack, Martha, Robbie and Lucas but all there stories had either someone with them or were nowhere near the room at the time.

Lucas had just sat down in his chair again when Matilda's door opened and Ric walked out looking at him.

"Mattie wants to see you!" he said as Lucas nodded and got to his feet, entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"Hey Luc!" Mattie said as she lay in bed on her side as she didnt want to look at all the stuff she wa hooked up on to keep her alive.

"Hey Mattie. I'm so glad your ok!" he said as he kissed her lightly on the forehead and pulled up the chair that was beside her.

"Well i wont be if they dont find me a heart!" she said trying to make a joke out of it. "I just want to say thankyou for coming in while i was in the coma. I could hear everything you said to me and it was so sweet!" she also said as Lucas started going red in the cheeks

"I...Mattie i meant every word word of it" he replied as Matilda reached out her hand and was joined by his.

That Morning

Cassie had left the hospital after being interviewed by the police because she had needed a shower but once she saw the beach she just decided to walk.

Cassie was just about to head up to the Surf Club when she heard someone calling out her name. Turning she saw an old friend running toward her.

"Declan!" she said as she hugged him once he had caught up to her. "What...what are you doing here?"

"Me, mum and Tia moved here. Cassie i want you to go out with me?"

Promo for Chapter 12

Will Cassie say yes to Declan and how did they meet?

Who is the father of Annie's baby?

Matilda tells someone that she is falling for them!

hope you like it

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 12

“Declan I...you know we cant your Denton's cousin and...'

“You still love him!” Declan replied as Cassie looked down at the ground.

“No not Denton! I never stopped loving Ric Declan...I'm sorry I cant!” Cassie said as she gave him one last hug and walked off leaving him standing there, humiliated.

Declan turned around and watched the beautifully tanned, tall girl walk off. No one knew why Cassie was back, was really back but he did, his cousin had rang him and told him everything and knew that the only way Declan could make his cousin angry was to get his girl. But to find out she was still in love with her ex was not something Declan had expected.

Is that why she came back to Sumer bay? He asked himself as he headed toward the Diner.

Belle had just got back to her new house that she shared with Matilda when she heard who must have been Annie in the lounge. Walking through the door she saw her girlfriend sitting on the couch with her suitcase in front of her.

“Whats going on?” Belle asked as Annie stood up and looked at her.

“I've got to go back to the city. Somethings happened I got a call!” Annie said as Belle nodded and walked over to her and kissing her passionately. There lips conjoined in a secret bid to stay alive and there tounges fighting for the right to reach the others tonsils in a bid to win at tonsil hockey. Wrapping her arms around her girlfriends waist she could feel her heart beat and could feel the warmth of there bodies, every muscle movement.

Finally prying apart there lips Belle looked Annie in the eyes, still holding her waist close to hers.

“What time do you have to be in the city?” She asked rubbing her girlfriends cheek.

“4:30...why?” Annie asked looking Belle in the eyes and running her hand through her long, curly dark hair. Belle always did something new to her hair everyday, no matter what situation she was in.

“I'll take you to the city but before you go...maybe we could have some fun first!” Bell said as a small smile appeared on her face.

Annie nodded at the taking her to the city, at least she wont be here if he turns up looking for them. Annie ran her fingers through her hair once before before embracing Belle to her mouth again.

Belle pulled back and smiled before taking her girlfriends hand. “Lets take this to my room!”

It had now been 4 days since Matilda had collapsed at her house and they still hadnt found a heart for her yet but she new that it was a long process. Staring at the same discoloured walls and the same window was beginning to drive Matilda up the wall. She had been thinking a lot about what her grandfather had said to her when she almost died the first time. She had never thought of Lucas anymore than a friend but when she first moved to the bay, she had wanted Ric so badly that every time she saw him lately her heart skipped a beat, or was that just her heart failing...she didnt know anymore.

Breathing a heavy sigh she looked at her arms and saw the drips.

“Dont look so down!”

Matilda looked at the door and saw Ric standing there with a bunch of roses and a red teddy bear that had a love heart saying 'I love you' on it.

“Ric...oh my god they're beautiful!” Matilda said as again her heart skipped a beat again. Her heart had been doing that a lot lately and not only to Ric, also to Lucas, Beth and Martha and it only seemed to be when she was surprised.

“They're for you Mattie. You are the most amazing woman in the entire earth and I really do love you!” he said as he handed her the flowers and the teddy bear and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thankyou Ric, they're beautiful and if it makes you feel any better I think I'm beginning to like you as well.” She replied as a smile grew on Ric's face. “But I'm not completely sure just yet!”

“No, no, no its...its great!” Ric said as there was a knock on the door just as 5 different men appeared with 5 different bunches of flowers.

“Delivery for a Matilda Hunter” One man said as they all walked in the room and sat the flowers in 5 different places. Matilda looked at the different flowers and noticed a bunch of roses, sun flowers, Orchids, Marigolds and Red Hot Pokers.

“Oh my god who are they from?” Matilda asked as she looked at Ric and the five men.

“They are from a Mr Lucas Holden, your one very special lady Miss Hunter!” the man who spoke before spoke again as the men adjusted the flowers and exited the room leaving Matilda and Ric in peace.

“Ohhh and I thought having a man inside you was good!” Belle exclaimed as both herself and Annie got into her convertible.

“You were great, the way you did...and the way that you! Words cant explain how good you were!” Annie said as she buckled her seat belt and took Belle's hand.

Belle started the engine and leant over and kissed Annie on the lips and had just put the car into drive when she saw a car pull up in the rear view mirror. Belle watched on as a man got out of the driver side and looked at her car.

Belle turned around in shock as did Annie to see who Belle had spotted.

“Drew!” Belle shouted as he looked at her and Annie who's smile had disappeared.

“Belle I need to talk to you!” Drew said as Belle turned around, put her hands on the wheel and planted her foot down on the accelerator, leaving a cloud of smoke as she took off, leaving Drew standing there coughing.

Promo for chapter 13

Will Belle ever find out the truth?

Matilda is losing her battle for finding a heart and finally chooses someone!

Tia gets arrested! who dobbed her in?

still to come hehe :D:P:rolleyes:

Chapter 13

“Oh my god I cant believe that pathetic piece of...GRRRRRR! Why the hell is he back here, just when I start being happy again he shows up, he does it all the ****ing time and I hate it” Belle was almost yelling in an outrage at the fact that he ex boyfriend and ex-fiance was back. “I cant believe I was even going to marry this guy...'

“Woh, woh, woh marry Drew! You didn't tell me about that. Belle thats big!” Annie replied as Belle pulled into the car park outside the Diner.

“It's the past Annie, you dont know how badly he hurt me, humiliated me. Just stay here for a minute I have to see Irene.” Belle said as she cut the engine to her car and got out leaving Annie sitting there.

Running into the Diner, Belle stopped and looked, No Irene so she fastened her walking pace and trotted off into the kitchen where Irene was frantically running back and forth from the fridge to the counter.

“Oh hi love!” Irene said as she again went back to the fridge and got out a salad dressing of the sort.

“Irene did you tell Drew that I was living at Mattie's?” Belle asked as Irene stopped in her tracks and looked at the girl like she was crazy.

“Darl, Drew's not...'

“Yes he is Irene. He arrived at the drive just as Annie and I were just about to leave!” Belle said as Irene's face went from busy to angry in a matter of seconds. “So if he comes here you dont know where I am!” Belle scondered as she left the kitchen for Irene to finish.

“Ok!” Irene yelled as she heard a 'bye' and went back to creating the lunch menu.

Jumping back in the car and starting the engine and was just about to pull out of the car park when she saw Drew on foot on his way into the Diner. Quickly putting the car into reverse Belle pulled out and took off down the road as fast as she could, hoping that Drew hadn't seen her.

“You know I would have thought that after what I did to him for what he did to me I would never see his sorry ass again but nooooo, he had to come back and for what?” Belle said as they were now driving past the 'ThankYou for visiting SummerBay” sign.

Walking through the door to the town house, he looked around and saw that no one was home, his mum was never home because she was always away working in the city. She hadn't even seen Summer Bay yet because of her work and every month when the bill was due she would put $500 dollars in his bank account that she had created and give it to the girl that came around to collect for Amanda Vale-Baker. In a couple of days it was going to be there first payment on the house and he didn't even know the girl that came around so how would he know when to hand it over, his mother had told him that the girl would say who she was and blah blah blah.

Remembering what he had read in his sisters diary last night sent chills down his spine, he couldn't let her get away with it but he couldn't dob her in because she was his sister and he loved her. He decided there was only one thing to do. Running upstairs he ran into her bedroom. The sunlight light up the pink bedroom perfectly and the sweet smell of her vanilla candles comed the room with beauty and feminine. Looking at her neatly made double bed with all her teddies on it which was directly opposite the door made the room look smaller than it really was but what he wanted was hidden in the bedside table on the left side of him. Running over to it he pulled the draw open and noticed that it wasn't there.

“****!” He screamed as he slammed the drawer shut and looked around the room, wondering where is little sister would have hid it. He was just about to check her pants drawer which was situated next to the door also on his left until he heard the door bell ring.

Sighing heavily he made his way back down the stairs and when he opened the door got the surprise when he saw who was standing in front of him.

Matilda opened her eyes and looked around. She was feeling worse after the doctor turned up today and gave her another injection to keep her heart rythem at a regular pace, she new she was running out of time but she had promised herself that she wasnt going to die without writing a letter to everyone in her life and finishing off her book first. Leaning over the bed and opening the drawer that was next to her bed she pulled out a heap of writing paper, a pen and her lap top and sat them on the table which her plate of food was sitting on. She had gotten so sick lately that she couldn't even eat. Taking the pen in her right hand she touched the paper and started to write.

Dear Lucas.

If you're reading this letter than I guess it means I'm gone and I didnt get to say everything that I wanted to say, even writing this is making me tired so imagine me writing to everyone, friends, family and friends of family LOL!

Sitting the pen down and staring at the paper, Matilda could feel the life slowly draining out of her which made her feel tired, emotional and in denial about her survival. Her throat was sore and her limbs were swollen and apart from the fact that she looked like a ghost, she was pretty much hunky dorey.

Sighing she picked up the pen and started writing again.

“Constable! What do I owe this pleasure?” Declan asked as he stood back and let the Police men through the door to the house.

“We are looking for Tia Cooper, have you seen her?” The tall, Caucasian, dark haired man asked looking around the room.

“No she isn't here I was lookin for her myself!” Declan replied sitting on the sofa. “May I ask what this is about?”

“Someone left this outside the Police station today and when we opened it to find out whose it was we found the name Tia Cooper on it. On the front it also had a message saying “This is an interesting read, trust me!” and inside the page that this person wanted us to read was bookmarked. Do you know what this page read Mr Cooper?” The Police man asked looking sternly at the boy, hoping to make him crack.

“No I dont sir I swear I didnt even know that my sister kept a diary!” Declan lied as the man looked at him, nodded and turned and headed to the front door.

“When she comes home tell her were looking for her and to give us a call!” the man said as he and the other police officer disappeared out the door and was gone.

Beth, Martha, Jack and Robbie were sitting in Matilda's room when the police arrived. Knocking on her already open door they walked in and greeted the others.

“We have some good news! The person who tried to kill Miss Hunter has been arrested and is in custody.”

“Oh that is great news!” Beth said as Matilda smiled a little, not really caring because she was probably going to die anyway. “Who was it?” Beth asked.

“Tia Cooper, something about a guy being in love with Miss Hunter and this girl doing it out of jealousy! We must go because we have a call out but please, get well Miss Hunter!” the uniformed man said as he and the other officer left the room leaving everyone, even Matilda wondering who Tia Cooper was.

Promo for chapter 14

Is Drew the father of Annie's baby?

Matilda's condition deteriates even more!

Belle collects her mothers first house payment! what happens next?

Just letting you guys know that get your ideas in soon because chapter 15 will be written soon guys....GOODLUCK :D:P:lol:

Chapter 14

There were only a couple of days left for Matilda to receive a new heart and the doctors had told her that she was in her final stages of heart failure. This scared Matilda so much that she started to shut everyone out, even Ric...the guy she had chosen to be with!

She didn't understand why she had even started shutting him out but she felt that if she told him how she was feeling about everything that she would end up depending on him until she died and she didnt want that and as much as it hurt her...it was her choice.

Matilda was not Matilda anymore. She had no colour in her face what so ever, he long blonde hair felt like hay which meant it was also dying and she had started to lose weight even though she was being tube fed. Even her beautiful baby blue eys had lost some colour and her heart had slowed down rapidly and her breathing had become heavier. Rachel had said that this would be expected because she was in the final stages of heart failure and this was normal.

“This is not normal Rach, I cant die. I have my whole life ahead of me and I dont want this taken away from me!” Matilda had said in a puff and a tearful of crying. Matilda had then asked to be left alone and just ly in her bed crying, feeling a sense of helplessness and sorrow because of her life being taken away from her. She had always imagined what it would be like to die but never in her wildest dreams imagined that she would die at the age of 18 with heart failure. She had one day imagined to become a mother and have a beautiful wedding like Jack and Martha's wedding day and of one day becoming a famous author like J.K Rowling with the Harry Potter series which had been made into movies. Matilda didnt want to die but if they didn't find a heart in two days then with her still deteriating the way she was she would be dead by nightfall.

Annie waited patiently outside the waiting room. Belle had dropped her off and said she needed to get back and see how Mattie was doing, which Annie understood completely. She had remembered the night she had slept with Drew, she was drunk and vulnerable and had just finished fighting with Belle. It had been exactly two weeks ago today and every day Annie lied to Belle got harder and harder.

“Annie Campbell! You may come in now!” The lady said as Annie got to her feet and entered the room with the lady closing the door behind her.

“Annie, I have some news for you. The sample you gave us of Drew Curtis for the paternity shows that he is not the father! Miss Campbell who else have you slept with?” the lady asked as Annie just looked at her. Annie had been so sure that Drew was the father and thats what she had told him.

“I...I have to go!” Annie said as she got to her feet and rushed out the door, tears starting to dwell down her face.

Belle had just arrived back at the hospital from the city. Walking into Matilda's room she loked at the girl sitting there. She didn't even look like her best friend anymore, she looked like a ghost who was haunting them.

“Hey!” Belle said as Matilda smiled a fraction. “How are you feeling?”

“Oh like **** but hey, when your dying its allowed!” Matilda replied sarcastically.

“Mattie I know this is hard but they will find you a heart. I have a good feeling about this.” Belle said as she took Matilda's hand and watched the tears start falling down her cheeks.

“I know I'm not supposed to give up hope Belle but what if I dont make it? What if this is my time to die?” Matilda asked as the tears were now streaming down her face. She was finding it harder to breathe.

“Mattie, Mattie try and calm down, you are over working your heart!” Belle exclaimed as Matilda started grasping for air. “Rachel!” Belle screamed as Matilda started going white in the face. “RACHEL!”

Rachel came running in as did nurse Julie. Rachel took one look at Matilda and grabbed the oxygen mask and placed it over Matilda's face.

“Matilda, Matilda you have to calm your breathing down ok, calm down!” Rachel explained as Matilda nodded and slowly started slowing down her breathing.

“I dont want to die Rachel, I dont want to die!” Matilda exclaimed as she took deep breath's, slowly calming herself down.

“Mattie you will not die, not if I have anything to do with it!” Rachel said as Matilda nodded and kept breathing.

“I'll come back later Mattie. I have something I need to do!” Belle said as she walked out of the room leaving Rachel with Matilda.

Pulling up outside her brothers house in the cab, Annie gave the man a $20 note and told him to keep the change. Retrieving herself and her suitcase from the cab, she made her way up to the front door. Sitting the suitcase next to her, she rested her hand on her stomach and sighed. She couldn't believe who she was pregnant. She couldn't even think about it because it made her sick, she had remembered sleeping with Drew and then..and then sleeping with him, she couldn't even contemplate tell him about the baby, he was not fit for parenting...no she wasn't going to tell him, she was just going to let Drew think he was still the father of this baby.

Ringing the door bell she waited, and waited until finally a girl answered the door. She had rather drak curly shoulder length hair and was only a bit taller than Annie herself but her stomach was very big because she was almost 8 months pregnant.

“Hey Calli is my brother here?” Annie asked as the girl named Calli nodded and moved away from the door where they were standing. Making her way in the front door and down the hallway just a fraction she came to a living room and kitchen conjoined.

“Annie hey!” Geoff said as he got to his feet and pulled his little sister into a hug, knowing immediately that something was up and she clung onto him, not wanting to let go.

“Baby can you make some tea and I'm going to talk to Annie out on the patio out the back!” Geoff asked as his Calli headed to the kitchen and Geoff guided his sister down another hallway with lead to a patio out the back.

“Ok so whats up? Is everything ok with you and Belle?” Was the first question Geoff asked as tears started running down Annie's face.

“I'm pregnant Geoff!”

Pulling up in the driveway to the townhouse, the very house where her mother Amanda, brother Ryan and herself once lived. Belle missed this place but her mother had rang her a couple of days ago and asked her to pick up the first payment for the house. Killing the engine to her car and she out and headed up to the door.

Ringing the door Bell once, twice she was just about to ring it a third time when she door opened and this cute, dark brown haired, Caucasian guy standing in front of her, topless and in his shorts.

“Hi!” he said as Belle stared at him and his chest.

heya guys well this chapter is dedicated to Matilda4Lucas for there great ideas for chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Hi!” Belle said as she kept staring at Declan's chest. “I'm...hmmm I'm Belle Taylor, Amanda Vales daughter and she's asked me to pick up the first payment for the house.” Belle said as she spotted a tattoo on his pelvis bone of what looked like a dolphin and a shark fighting.

“Yeah sure, I had a feeling some one was coming today so I drew the money out of the bank this morning!” Declan said as he walked over to a drawer on the far side opposite the door and pulled a yellow envelope out of it, soon returning back to the front door. “Here you go!”

“Thank's are you single?” Belle asked not even realizing she had asked that.

“What?” Declan asked looking a little shocked but happy at what she had asked.

“What...oh...oh my god I...I have to go!” Belle said as she took off towards her car. Once she was back in the drivers seat she started the engine and put the car into reverse.

Annie was still sitting out in the patio, it had been an hour since she had told her brother she was pregnant but she hadn't told him who the father was...she couldn't, she wouldn't and so she had come to the conclusion that she couldn't let Drew keep thinking that he was the father. Picking up her phone she went into her messages and taking one look at her inbox all she saw was messages from Drew. Clicking on the first one it had told her that she had 24 hours to tell Belle or he would, clicking on reply she started typing.

Drew I took a paternity test and the baby isn't yours so if you leave town now, Belle will never know why you were ever back in the bay!!! Leave SummerBay!!!

Getting to her feet so was just about to walk back inside when she got a message on her phone. Thinking it was Drew she opened the message and what she saw horrified her to the core. It was from him, how did he get her number and how did he know she was pregnant.

Getting straight out of the message she had just read, she couldn't help but think about that message or how he found out.

Your pregnant...is it mine? Was all the message had said

Matilda had deteriorated so much that she couldn't even talk now with out having trouble so she had turned to writing every thing down and as much as it killed her, she still couldn't open up to Ric, as much as she wanted to she couldn't. Lucas hadn't been into see her and she thought it was because she had chosen Ric but in a letter she got with another bunch of flowers told her that it wasn't and that he had a surprise when he got back to the bay for her and that she would love it. Matilda didn't know what Lucas was going on about but she couldn't wait until he got back, if he got back in time, they still hadn't found a heart for her and her time was running out. The doctors had hooked her up to more machine's and she had heard them telling Beth that she may not last the night.

Ric had told Matilda that he had got a phone call from some girl in the city saying she had to talk to him in person and to return her call but he didn't bother, he didn't even know who she was and didn't want to know.

Cassie hadn't been to see Matilda since she had chosen Ric and Matilda had heard that Drew was back in town but no one knew why.

Lying there looking at the roof, Matilda looked at the door to find Lucas standing there. Smiling that he was finally here she sat up and grabbed her pen and paper.

“Hey, I'm glad your here!” She wrote down as Lucas looked at the paper and kissed her on the forehead.

“Of course I'm here Mattie, I dont blame you for choosing Ric, as much as I dont like it I understand but thats not going to stop me ever loving you.” Lucas replied giving Matilda a teddy bear that had a pink love heart with black writing saying “I love you” on it.

Smiling even more than she had done in days of not seeing him she wrote down “Thankyou!” underneath the first lot of writing she had done.

“I have some great news Mattie, I went to the city yesterday and went and seen that book publishing that you were talking about and I told them about your story and your situation and they said that if you pull through and I know you will to go and see them and they will read over your story and if they like it will...publish it.!” Lucas said as Matilda's eyes widened and her mouth opened a fraction which meant that she was surprised.

“Oh my god, thank you so much Luc, your the best!!!” she wrote down on a new piece of paper in capital letters.

9:00 Pm

Lucas sat with Matilda while she slept, Beth had asked him to stay while she went and made a couple of phone calls, at first he hesitated but then agreed. Watching the way her chest lifted, held for a couple of seconds then shrunk again meant that she was running out of time and still, they hadnt found a heart for her. Lucas couldn't believe that Matilda might die at the age of 18, he new that she had wanted to be a writer and that one day she would want to get married and have kids and her own house but now she may lose all of that because of her heart. What made him feel worse was the fact that he never got to prove to Matilda how much he loved her and that she chose Ric over him.

10:00 Pm

Matilda had started to get worse, so worse that a nurse was checking on her every half an hour in stead of every hour. The doctor had told Beth that Matilda may not last the night if she deteriorated anymore because her body just couldn't handle it. Her body was starting to shut down and there was nothing, no one could do so when Beth came back, Lucas walked out of the room and called Belle, Cassie, Ric, Drew, Annie, Irene, Jack and Martha who had gone to Tony's place, Alf and he had even managed to get hold of Sally and Brad who lived somewhere in the city. After he had made those phone calls he leaned up against the wall and slid down to the floor where he couldn't hold anything in anymore.

11:00 Pm

Every one was now at the hospital waiting, just waiting because they had all been told that it was now a matter of hours until Matilda would die and that she would not last until morning as her heart had completely slowed down to a complete stop, Rachel had been called in and so had a priest on Beth's behalf as she still couldn't get into contact with Henry. No one was telling them what was going on and how long Matilda had left but they had all been allowed to sit with her. Rachel had told Beth after finding out that Matilda's heart was now down to 50 heart beats every 2 minutes which was not a good sign. Scott and baby Noah who was now one year old were flying down here as they all sat in the room and Hailey had gone to pick him up from the airport in the city. Tasha and baby Ella who was almost one were also flying down but couldn't be there till the morning which made Robbie feel even worse as he had no one except his mum who also had someone to cry with...Tony.

Annie had got the message from Lucas saying Matilda didn't have long left and that she should be here with everyone else but Annie didn't want to go back because Belle would be upset and would want to hold her and cry with her but Annie couldn't pretend that everything was ok when it wasn't. She was pregnant and she had already tried to abort once but couldn't. Knowing that the father had a right to know she started typing into her phone.

I am pregnant! Your the father! NOT RIC!

Looking at the message again and again, Annie pressed send and hoped for the best that he wouldn't come looking for her like Drew did.

Walking into the Diner a brown haired, Caucasian, reasonably tall girl looked around the room and saw a lady behind the counter. Walking up to the counter the girl looked at the lady.

“Hey excuse me I'm looking for Eric Dolby. DO you know where he is?” the girl asked.

The lady looked at the girl and the girl looked back at the lady who had a name tag with Leah on it.

“Ummm Leah is it I really need to find him...my name is Yasmin Renolds...I'm Eric Dolby's sister!”

promo for chapter 16

who dies in the bay?

Ric meets his sister!

Belle kisses someone!

Who is the father of Annie's baby? we find out in the next chapter

:P :P

Chapter 16

“Your, your Ric's sister?” Leah asked looking shocked as the Diner Phone started ringing. “Hold on just one moment!” Leah said as she walked over to the phone which looked like a hamburger. “Summerbay Diner Leah speaking. Oh hi Beth how is...Oh thats not good news...ok keep me updated on whats happening! Ok my best wishes bye!” placing the phone back down Leah turned around and saw the girl was gone.

“Ric's sister!” she said to herself as she walked back into the kitchen.

12:00 Am

Matilda kept deteriating to a point where she had to have a tube put down her throat because it was to a point where her glands were starting to choke her.

“I cant believe this is happening. I never thought in my wildest dreams that Mattie would die this young!” Ric said as Lucas, Cassie, Belle and Drew al looked at him.

“She's not going to die Ric, I cant believe you have given up!” Lucas said as both Cassie and Belle agreed with him.

“I cant believe your not facing reality. Matilda isn't going to survive the night and there is nothing no one can say or do that can change that.” Ric replied as he got up and left the room.

“I cant believe he has given up, he is Mattie's boyfriend and has given up already!” Cassie said as Drew looked up.

“I dont think he means it. Mattie has shut him out, she won't tell him what she is feeling or how she is or coping and he can't handle that!” Drew said as Belle looked at him.

“How do you know that?” Belle asked for some reason believing him.

“Ric told me, he is so cut up about it!” Drew replied as he saw Belle keep looking at him. Lucas and Cassie also noticed the star between the two.

1:30 Am

Beth had fallen asleep in the chair, holding on to her daughter's hand when Scott, Hailey and one year old Noah walked through the doors to Matilda's room. Scott took one look at his baby sister and immediately tears started rolling down his cheeks.

“Oh Mattie!” He said as he kissed her hair and also kissed his mum which woke her up.

“Oh my god Scott!” Beth said as she got to her feet and pulled her son into a tight hug. “I cant lose her Scott, I cant lose my little girl!” Beth said as she wept in Scott's arms as did Scott.

“Luc, are you disappointed that Mattie didn't choose you?” Belle asked after watching Beth and Scott while Cassie, Drew, Belle and Lucas all sat on the floor in the corner of the room.

“Yeah, course I am but in the end things always work out for the best, I believe that nothing is as it seems!” Lucas explained as Cassie put a hand on his shoulder and Belle and Drew looked at each other.

5:00 Am

The light was starting to shine through Matilda's hoisptal window and everyone was asleep, everyone except Lucas.

Scott, Hailey and Noah were on the Couch which was opposite the window with a blanket over them all.

Martha and Jack were in front of the couch on a small mattress also with a blanket. Cassie, Belle and Drew had fallen asleep in the far corner of the room and Scott, Robbie and Beth had fallen asleep each on a chair holding Matilda's hand.

Walking into the room, Rachel saw everyone sleeping except Lucas who was sitting opposite Beth, Scott and Robbie and sighed.

“Yeah her heart rate has slowed down again!” Lucas said not even looking up.

“I noticed. 12 beats a minute is not a good sign. She isn't going to last the hour!” Rachel said as Lucas shook his head.

“No. no, no yes she is Rachel, don't you give up on her yet Rachel!” Lucas said as tears started trickling down his face.

5:30 Am

Matilda's heart rate had deteriorated so much that it was only beating 5 times a minute. Knowing full well she was almost about to die Rachel came to tell them the bad news.

“Everyone I'm sorry but we have to turn the machines off, it wont be long until she goes now!” Rachel said as she was now crying as well. “I'll give you all time to say your goodbyes!” she said as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

5:45 Am

Rachel was just about to walk back into the room when a doctor came running around the corner.

“Rachel, Rachel we have a heart!” the man said puffing which meant he must had run to tell her the news.

“Oh my god, oh my god ummm, get the nurses to prep her for theatre, she hasnt got much time left at all so hurry!” Rachel screamed as she ran into the room looking at everyone with a smile on her face.

“THEY'VE GOT A HEART!” Rachel screamed as everyone looked shocked but started smiling with her. “The nurses are prepping her for theatre!”

5 minutes later Matilda was being wheeled down the hallway and was just about to go through the doors to theatre one when Beth took her hand.

“I love you sweetheart, I'll see you soon ok” she said as she let go of her daughters hand and watched her disappear through the doors.

7:00 Am

Ric was outside the Surf Club leaning on the fence when a girl walked up to him.

“Eric Dolby!” she said as Ric looked at her, not knowing who she was.

“It's Ric and you are?” he asked suddenly getting a message on his phone. Opening the message he looked at it, it was from Belle.

Mattie's in theatre, they found a heart!

Looking at the message again he got out of it and looked back at the girl.

“Ric Dolby, My name is Yasmin Renolds...I'm your sister!”

7:30 Am

A doctor walked through the double doors and saw everyone waiting to hear about Matilda. Walking over to the Beth got to her feet.

“How is she?” she asked as everyone looked on and listened.

“Well she still has a while to go in theatre but at the moment she is stable and fighting!” he replied as Beth sighed and smiled.

Belle looked so relieved when the doctor said she was fighting and when she looked at him, some thing came over her and the next thing she new she was kissing him, no not kissing, pashing him. There lips joined as one, there tounges joined as one, there bodies entwined in each other.

Pulling up in front of the Welcome to Summerbay sign. The scruffy, dark haired, tall Caucasian man got out of his blue Holden and stretched. Looking at this sign made him feel sick, he hated this place more than he hated himself and that was saying something but he had to come for Annie, she was pregnant with his child. Getting back in the car and looking in the mirror. Dom couldn't believe he was back.

promo for chapter 17

Is Belle getting back with Drew?

Who died and gave Matilda a chance at another life?

Will Matilda survive surgery?

Belle gets a surprise visit! but who from?

:P :P :P

Chapter 17

It had been almost two hours since Matilda went into theatre and after the first time they hadn't heard anything more. Beth, Scott, Hailey and Noah all sat huddled up together hoping everything went ok. Robbie had gone to pick Tasha and Ella up from the airport in the city. Lucas had fallen asleep on the couch in Matilda's room and Belle, Drew and Cassie were just sitting, waiting and hoping for the best. Tony, Jack and Martha had gone home because there was not much point them being there and not knowing anything so Beth had said she would ring when she knew more.

“Ok lets reconnect the last artery and then I can massage her heart to give it a rythem and hope that it stays at that rythem.” the doctor said as he started stitching up the last artery. Once he was done he started massaging Matilda's new heart in hopes that it would start to beat itself. After a couple of minutes the doctor was just about to shock her heart to start when the heart monitor start beeping, slowly her heart had started beating, 1 beat, 2 beats, 5 beats, 10, beats. After watching Matilda's heart was now beating at a set rythem.

“We've got her! We have her back, right guys lets get the laser stitches so she wont have to come back and wont have much of a scar. Marcy, Phillip I want you to stitch this body back up and send it to the morge. Well Colleen Smart you saved someones life today!” the doctor said as he turned and started to put Matilda's chest back together.

After another hour of waiting, everyone got to there feet when the double doors leading to theatre opened and a bed, two nurses, an elderly and a doctor came out with it. Beth ran over to the bed and saw Matilda asleep, asleep but alive.

“Oh my god sweetheart, It's mum. I'm here sweetheart and so is Scott, Hailey and noah, and Robbie and Tasha are on there way with Ella, and all your friends are here too sweetheart! We are all here!” Beth said taking her doctors hand and starting to cry.

Back in room 8, Matilda still slept even though Beth kept talking to her, Lucas went and rang Tony and told him the good news and he said that they were on there way back to the hospital and Robbie, Tasha and 11 month old Ella were also here with Tasha who had arrived shortly after Matilda had been settled back into her room..

Cassie had left the room and called Ric but it went straight to message bank so she left an abusive message for him asking why he wasn't here and that Matilda was out of surgery and was going to be ok and that he was her boyfriend and should be here. Entering back into the room she looked at Matilda and couldn't believe her once best friend had almost died. Re-joining Lucas, Belle and Drew again they just sat and waited, waited for her to wake up.

“Belle can I talk to you for a minute?” Drew asked as Belle looked at him, hesitated and then nodded walking out of the room with Drew behind her. Once outside Drew started talking.

“Do you want to get back together because that kiss was...was so intense and I've...I've never stopped loving...'

“Drew I dont want you back and I'm sorry for kissing you but after leaving me last year pregnant and alone I...I cant be with you!” Belle said as Drew looked down and watched her re-enter the room.

Getting of at the bus stop, Annie looked at the ocean of SummerBay and couldn't believe she had come back but she had too, she was going to tell Belle that she was pregnant and she was going to tell her that Dom was the father. Picking up her suitcase she started walking when she saw a blue holden parked just up the road outside the Diner, Annie had seen that car somewhere before but not quiet able to figure out where she kept walking. As she got closer she saw someone walking toward the car and then it hit her, it was Dom...Dom was back in SummerBay. Ducking behind some bush's she watched his car pull out and head off down the road, down toward where Belle was now living.

Belle had said that she was going home for a shower and would be back later to check up on Mattie, Lucas said he would come as well but Ric still hadn't shown up so Cassie and Drew both said they would stay just in case.

Getting into her car outside the hospital, Belle started the engine and was just about to reverse when she got a text message. Not bothering to read it she pulled out of the car park and headed toward home.

20 minutes later she pulled up out the front of the house she now shared with Matilda. Getting out of the car she saw someone waiting at the front door. As she got closer she saw that Dom was waiting for her.

promo for chapter 18

Matilda finally wakes up, whose face does she see first?

Why is Dom at Belle's house?

Who is Drew starting to fall for?

Tia falls for someone! but who?

Chapter 18

“What are you doing here?” Bell said, anger starting to dwell up in her voice as she walked past him and unlocked the front door. Walking inside she sat her bag down on the chair next to the door and turned and looked at Dom.

“I've come to see Annie!” he said as Belle started to laugh.

“So what you think that because you cant have me you will have my girlfriend? Oh you are even more pathetic...'

“No I have to talk to her about the baby, our baby!” Dom said as Belle suddenly stopped in her tracks, looking even more surprised then when Drew came back.

“I'm sorry, wh...what baby?” Belle asked putting her hands on her hips.

“Oh god she didn't tell you!” Dom replied as Belle's face went from shock to horror in a matter of seconds. At that moment Annie walked through the door.

“I dont get it, how can I have a sister. Dad never mentioned you and how did you find me?” Ric asked as both he and Yasmin sat in the Diner after ordering 2 coffee's.

“As far as I know, you were only one when I was born so you wouldn't remember and dad didn't want a daughter and made mum get rid of me.” Yasmin explained as she took hold of Ric's hands that were placed on the table in the diner. “Mum kept in contact until I was five and then dad found out and...' her voice trailed off.

“Dad started hitting her!” Ric replied looking at the girl who claimed to be his sister. The girl nodded.

“After that I never got any letters from her again and after that I went into foster care!” the girl replied as Ric took his hands from hers.

“How do I know your telling the truth? He asked wanting to believe her.

“The last letter mum sent me had a picture in it!” she said as she got the picture out of her bag and handed it to Ric.

Ric examined the picture slowly and after about a minute he ran his finger out the picture. “Me, mum and dad!” he said as he sat the picture down. “Ok I need to get to the hospital, my girlfriend is sick and dying so why dont you come with me and meet everyone!” he said as he got up from the table, also joined by the girl who smiled and grabbed the picture off the table before following him out of the Diner.

Matilda slowly opened her eyes. She could feel the oxygen mask on her so she couldn't have died and she wasn't in heaven which meant that they must have found a heart for her just in time. Slowly turning over she saw Drew sitting in the chair looking at her.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” he asked as a smile arose on his face.

“Sore, tired but...okay!” she replied with a croak in her voice. “Where's Ric?”

“Ahhh Mattie Ric hasn't been here since you last saw him, Your mum, Scott, Robbie and there wives and children have been here and Cassie, Belle, myself and especially Lucas, he hasn't left your side and deffinately wasn't giving up on you!” Drew explained as Matilda tried to contemplate why Ric hadn't been in.

Matilda was just about to ask him another question when Lucas and Cassie walked back in and saw Matilda awake.

“Mattie! Oh my god your awake! Thank god your ok!” Cassie said as she leant over the bed and hugged her friend.

“Yeah I'm ok, hey Luc!” Matilda said as Lucas kissed her on the forehead and smiled. “I heard you didn't give up hope!”

“I would never give up on you and now your back with us so that hope paid off!” Lucas replied as Matilda smiled a little and took his hand.

“Where is Ric?” Matilda asked as Cassie looked at Drew who shrugged his shoulders.

“You mean he hasn't been here at all since Luc and I left?” Cassie asked as Drew shook his head. Lucas looked at Matilda who looked a little disappointed. Lucas was just about to say something when two people arrived.

“Ric!” Drew said as everyone looked at him and the girl standing next to him. “Ric and Ric's, Ric's friend!” Drew said not wanted to ask about it.

“Mattie!” Ric said as he went to kiss Matilda but watched her pull away from him. “I'm...glad your ok!”

“Are you Ric, you didn't even bother coming in since the last time I saw you which was oh lets say 2 days ago...where were you and...who's the girl?” Matilda asked still looking away from him but with Lucas, Cassie and Drew looking at him.

“I know I have no excuse for not being here but this girl is...is my sister!” Ric said as Cassie's mouth dropped open and Drew and Lucas looked at each other in shock while Matilda just looked at Ric.

“You dont have a sister Ric!” Matilda said looking away from him again.

“Well babe apparently I do, I was one when mum had Yasmin and dad made mum get rid of her and now she came looking for me.” Ric said as Matilda looked at him again, this time looking a little more at ease.

“Yasmin this is Matilda, my girlfriend, Cassie, my ex girlfriend, Lucas and Drew my mates.” Ric said as Drew, Lucas and Cassie all shook her hand.

“Guys, can I be alone with Ric for a minute?” Matilda asked looking at her friends.

“Yeah sure!” Cassie said as Lucas, Drew, Yasmin and Cassie all left. Shutting the door Ric sat on the chair and went to take her hand but knowing she was pissed of when she moved it away from him.

“Why weren't you here! Your supposed to be my boyfriend which means your meant to be here all the time not Lucas. If you dont want to be with me then...'

“Mattie of course I want to be with you and I'm sorry for not being here for you when you needed me the most, please forgive me?” Ric asked now taking her hand.

“I wont forgive you but I cant stay mad at you, and how do you know that girl is even your sister?” Matilda asked letting Ric sit on the bed.

“Because she has a photo of me, mum and dad when I was about 3 or 4!”

“Your pregnant?” Belle asked looking at Annie who had walked through the door as Dom turned around and saw her as well.

“I...i didn't want you to find out like this Belle!” Annie said as she went to take a step toward Belle but new as soon as Belle stepped back.

“I can't believe, the both of you are unbelievable, you two can have each other. I want you gone before I get back!” Belle screamed as she pushed through Dom and Belle and took off down the drive way and running.

Belle didn't know what had just gone on but she didn't expect her girlfriend and Annie of all people to cheat on her and with...with Dom of all people.

Belle didn't realize that had turned up at the town house, her old house where she used to live and now Declan and Tia lived. Belle wasn't thinking when she knocked on his door. As soon as he opened the front door she lunged at him, kissing him so fiercely that he didn't have time to even breathe as they were both now on the floor. Belle got to her feet and pulled him up and lead him up the stairs, pushing the door shut on the way.

Ric had said goodbye to his girlfriend because he wanted to get to know his sister, as they walked along the beach Yasmin was telling him about her life in foster care when she bumped into Tia.

“Watch where your...going!” Tia said as she couldnt help but look at Yasmin. “Oh I'm sorry I've just had a hard few days. I'm new in town!” she said checking Yasmin out. Her figure, hair, face, breasts.

“Yeah so am I!” Yasmin replied as she turned and kept walking with Ric.

My god she is hot, I've never been with a girl before! Time to try something new! Tia thought to herself as she walked off down to the beach for a swim.

“Mattie can I ask you something?” Drew asked as Lucas and Cassie had gone to get a coffee.

“Yeah sure what is it?” Matilda asked laying on her side so she could see the window and the door.

“What does Cassie like? I mean like...oh god this is hard!” Drew started saying as a smile grew on Matilda's face.

“You'r falling for Cassie Turner!” Matilda said as Drew started going very red in the face.

“Yeah I think I am!” he replied

promo for Chapter 19

Matilda gets a mystery message from a woman...who is she and what does she want?

:o

Drew buy's Cassie a gift...what is it?

Annie and Dom leave the bay... but is it together?

Tia gets Yasmin drunk...what is she going to do?

:P:D :D

Chapter 19

Opening her eyes and looking around, at first she didn't know where at first but then it hit her, looking to the left of her she saw Declan asleep next to her, lifting the blankets up just a fraction she saw that she and he, although with a really HOT body were both naked.

“Oh god!” Belle whispered as she climbed out of bed, sliding on her black brad and g-string then going searching for her light green three quarter jeans and her red short sleeved Emily the Strange t-shirt which both on the stairs.

“Shoes, shoes where are you?” she whispered as soon as she saw her black thongs she grabbed them and exited the house before Declan woke up.

It had been over an hour since Belle had left so she decided to head back home, have a shower and drive to the hospital to see Mattie.

Eventually arriving at the house, Belle walked up the drive and entering the house saw both Annie and Dom still there.

“I thought I told you I wanted you both gone before I got back” Belle said walking through to the kitchen and puring a glass of water, sculling it from her exercise she had just done.

“I just wanted to see you before I go!” Annie said feeling really guilty about what had happened. “I just didn't want to leave like that!”

“I wouldn't have cared about how you left Annie, I can't even believe you would sleep with that pathetic piece of **** but hey I thought I new you. How wrong was I huh?” Belle said as she walked back through the lougne and stood at the door. “Now **** off before I call the cops for breakin and entering!”

Annie picked up her suitcase and walked out the door before taking one more look at Belle.

“That means you too Dumbass Dom!” Belle said looking at him still seated on the couch. Quickly getting to her feet he ran out the door to catch up to Annie, hearing Belle's front door slam behind them.

“Annie!” Dom yelled as he caught up to Annie who was just about to get into a cab. “Can I drive you?”

Annie looked at Dom and shrugged. “You can drive me to Geoff's house in the city then I want nothing more to do with you!” Annie said as Dom took her bag and nodded.

After having a long talk with Matilda about Cassie, Drew had driven into Yabbie Creek to a shop that Cassie and Matilda used to go to all the time. Matilda had told him that there was this necklace that Cassie had a seen just a few days ago before she got back and she loved it but didn't have the money to buy it. Matilda had explained it to Drew about what it looked like. It was a gold necklace with a triquetra symbol but also had a love heart on it as well.

Walking into the shop he looked around, finally managing to find the necklace that Matilda had explained, after buy it and putting a $150 hole in his pocket, he left the shop and headed back to the hospital, hoping that Cassie would still be there.

The doctor's had asked everyone to leave because Matilda needed her rest after such a big operation.

It had been over an hour since Matilda had drifted off and she was having the best dream when her phone went off. Opening her eyes she picked up her mobile that her mum had bought in for her and looked at the phone, not knowing who the number was she opened it and read it carefully, as her eyes widened she couldn't believe what she was reading.

Your boyfriend is such a good root, while your in hospital I might go back for more!

Matilda couldn't believe what she had read. Should she believe it or shouldn't she, she didn't really see Ric as the cheating type but she was beginning to think how well she really new the guy she called her boyfriend. canceling the message Matilda sat her phone back in the table and closed her eyes again.

Thought's of her friendship with Lucas, Ric, Belle and Cassie came flooding back to her and filled her head with thoughts of why all this had to happen to her. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.

“Come in!” Matilda said as she opened her eyes again this time seeing Belle walk through the door.

“I have just made the worst mistake in my life Mattie!” Belle said shutting the door behind her.

“Why what did you do?” Matilda asked slowly sitting herself up.

“I slept with Declan Cooper and that was the best...oh my god I cant believe this1” Belle said as Matilda started giggling. “Annie's pregnant with Doms kid so we broke up and I slept with the new guy in town!” she said again plonking herself in the chair beside the bed and sighing. “I can't believe I did this Mattie, I mean I know I'm bi and everything but it makes me feel like I'm Annie and I dont want that!”

“And let me guess you didn't stick around after it did you?” Matilda asked as Belle looked at the ground.

“How did you know?” she asked as Matilda chuckled.

“Because I know you Belle, you did it with Luc, Ric, Drew and lets not forget...'

“Ok, ok, ok Mattie I get your point, even you should know its hard to break old habits!” Belle said starting to go red in the face.

“Look Belle, you are single now so your free to do what ever you want with well...who ever you want!” Matilda said as she looked down at her chest where she saw her scar.

“What is it Mattie?” Belle asked taking her hand. “Come on spill!”

“Ok, I...I got a message from a number I didn't have in my phone book today saying that Ric was a good root and while I'm in hospital will be going back for more. You have got to know him since I've been going to Uni, is he the kind of guy to cheat?” Matilda asked looking scared but confused at the same time.

“As far as I know he has never cheated, not on any of his girl or ex girlfriends but Cassie would be better to ask then me Mattie!” Belle said as Matilda looked at her friend, remembering that they were...once enemies.

Later on that evening Tia was sitting in Noah's bar drinking, no one new she was under age but she had fake I.D so she could buy drinks and people wouldn't know. As she took a mouthful from her vodka and orange she watched the girl walk in that she bumped into today. Watching the girl order a gin and tonic made Tia feel like she was drinking a girly drink so she decided to invite her over.

“Hey girly!” Tia yelled as the girl turned around and partly smiled at Tia. “Wanna join me?”

The girl nodded, and after waiting a couple of minutes for her drink went and joined Tia.

“So I'm guessing the hot guy you were with today is your boyfriend?” Tia asked as the girl laughed and shook her head.

“No actually, the hot guy I was with today is my brother!” the girl replied as Tia shot a hand over her mouth.

“Oh I am so sorry. I'm Tia...Tia Cooper!” Tia said holding her hand across the table.

“Yasmin, Yasmin Renolds” Yasmin said as she shook Tia's hand.

“Cassie!” Drew yelled out as he walked along the beach toward where she was sitting. “Hey Cass!”

“Hey Drew, did you just come from the hospital?” Cassie asked as Drew sat down next to her listening to the water crash upon itself like it was beating itself up for doing something wrong.

“Nah I come from Rosedale bead's in Yabbie Creek. “I bought you something!” he said as he pulled the jewelery box out of his pocket and handed it to her.

“What Drew why, you shouldn't be buying anythin' for me I'm not sick!” Cassie said as he took her hand and sat the box on it.

“No I bought it for you because I wanted to but there is also a letter in there. Don't open it until I'm out of site ok?” Drew said as Cassie looked at him confused.

“What but...'

“Just do as I ask please Cass?” Drew asked also still holding the top of the box.

“O...Ok!” Cassie said as Drew smiled and got to his feet heading up toward the Surf Club. Cassie watched until Drew was completely out of site before opening the box. As he said the letter was inside but when she lifted it out she saw it, that beautiful triquetra gold necklace with the love heart in the middle that she had always wanted but never had the money to buy. Opening the letter she started reading it.

Dear Cass,

I know you have never seen me in any other way then a friend but I want to tell you how I feel, I thought I would never get over Belle but the day you got back to the Bay I saw you, I saw a different you, an in love you, you have all these great friends and all I did last year was hurt most of them and I will never forgive myself for what I did to them but I now know what I really want out of life...you Cassie Turner.

You are the most beautiful, talented, caring, loving person I've ever met and it took me a long time to realize that I love you. I bought this gift for you and hope that you like it and maybe, one day you will feel for me what I feel for you!

Love Drew

Cassie smiled and took another look at the necklace, she was in love with someone but not who everyone thought it was, she didn't love Ric like that and probably never would but now she new how Drew felt, she didn't have to hide who she loved anymore.

“I do feel for you Drew!” Cassie said to herself as she kept looking at the necklace.

Stumbling out of the Surf Club Tia and Yasmin were laughing and holding on to each other when all of a sudden there eyes caught. Tia lent in for a kiss when Yasmin pulled away.

“What the hell are you doing? Get the hell away from me!” Yasmin yelled as she pushed Tia away from her. “Get away from me!” Yasmin this time screamed lunging at her and starting to hit her. Yasmin hit her face, once, twice, three, four time before she got to her feet and gave her one almighty kick in the ribs before running off leaving Tia unconscious.

promo for chapter 20

Will Tia survive Yasmins attack?

Matilda finally is allowed home but who has made dinner for her?

Lucas finds out that Yasmin is hiding a dark past! will he tell his friends? :o

Belle ask's Declan out...wha will he say?

Chapter 20

Cassie was on her way back to the Caravan Park when she saw a girl lying on the ground, she wasn't moving and looked like she had blood all over her face. Running over to the girl she leant down beside her and didn't recognize her.

“Must be new!” Cassie said to herself as she pulled out her phone and dialed 000.

“Hello I would like an ambulance outside the Surf Club in SummerBay a girl has been bashed and is unconscious!” Cassie said as the lady asked for her name.

“J...Jessie, Quick hurry she is really badly hurt!” Cassie said as she hung up the phone, looked around to make sure no one had seen her and got up and ran off, not wanting to be there when the ambulance arrived.

Lucas was sitting with Matilda when Matilda received another text message. Looking at the number Matilda realized it was from the same person who sent her that message before.

“Who's it from?” Lucas asked as Matilda read the message, eyes widening and tears starting to dwell in her eyes. “Mattie what is it?” Lucas asked looking at her, starting to get worried.

“Today I got a message from a number not in my phone sayin that Ric was a good root and while I was still in hospital would be going back for more and I just got another message” Matilda said as Lucas's eyes widened and he didn't know what to say. “Do you really think Ric will still want you with that scar on your chest? I dont think so and I'm going to take every chance I can take to get him away from you bitch!” Matilda finished as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Lucas got up off the chair and sat beside her, pulling her into his chest as she dropped the phone on the bed.

“It's ok, its all going to be ok Mattie!” Lucas said as she sobbed in his arms.

The next morning

Belle was walking along the beach thinking. Thinking about Matilda, Lucas and Ric, Annie, Dom and Drew but mainly about the guy she had recently slept with...Declan.

She had taken into account what Matilda had said about her being single and being allowed to do what she wanted but didn't know how to come to terms with that. Feeling like there was someone watching her she turned and looked up toward the Surf Club where sure as it was, Declan was watching her. As he smiled at her, butterflies suddenly consumed her stomach and she felt like she was going red in the face.

Finally deciding what to do she headed up toward him and when she reached him waited for him to say something which he did.

“Hey, where'd you go the other day?” he asked as Belle looked down and then back at him.

“To the hospital to see Mattie. Listen I want to ask you something!” she asked as he looked at her.

“Sure!” he said smiling again. “Shoot!”

“Will you go out on a date with me tonight?” she asked as he looked a little surprised that she had asked.

“I was beginning to think you didn't like me but yes I will, I'll pick you up at 7!” he said as Belle nodded and smiled. Turning away she smiled to herself and walked off, going to the hospital because Matilda was allowed home today.

Tia opened her eyes and looked around to see what looked like a doctor and...and her mum beside her.

“Oh my god Tia thank god your ok!” her mum said taking her hand.

“Where am I?” Tia asked looking around the room. “Mum what are you doing here?”

“Darling your in hospital, you got beaten very badly and the hospital called me!” the lady said as Tia looked confused.

“Now Tia do you remember what happened?” the doctor asked looking at her chart.

“N...no I...the last thing I remember is going for a swim yesterday!” Tia replied as the doctor nodded.

“Yes well that is ok, loss of memory is understandable considering we could have lost you if a mystery woman didn't call an ambulance.” Now Tia I will let you out of hospital in an hour considering your experiencing no pain ok!” the doctor replied as he look at Tia and saw her nod her head. The doctor put the chart back down and walked out of the room leaving her alone with her mother.

Lucas had left the hospital when Belle arrived because he wanted to go and see Ric and find out what the hell was going on. As he walked up to the front door of the Caravan Park he was just about to know on the door when he heard screaming.

“Dont you dare threaten me Millie I'm waring you! I beat your cousin up last night and left her for dead so I will do the same to your other cousin!” he heard a girls voice screaming but didnt hear any other voice's which meant she must have been on the phone.

“No Millie, Tia got the crap beaten out of her so I suggest you shut your mouth because if Ric finds out he wont want to know me and the way things are going he wont have a girlfriend much longer either, so shut it or Declan's next!” the girl yelled. Lucas backed away from the door and took off without even saying another word.

“Welcome home Mattie, you dont know how quiet this palce has been without you!” Belle said as both girls walked up to the front door of the house they now both shared. Opening the front door Belle new that Lucas had planned a lunch dinner for Mattie for when she got home but as soon as both girls walked through the door they both saw Ric standing there waiting for them.

“Oh my god!” Matilda said as she walked in the house and looked around. There were white vanilla candles lit everywhere, rose petals all over the floor and couch and two candles lit in the middle of the kitchen table, also covered in rose petals but also sat three plates which must have been for Matilda, Lucas and Belle.

“Ric did you do all this?” Matilda asked as Ric looked shocked that Matilda thought he did this. Thinking to himself he thought this would be a great time to get back on her good side.

Belle looked straight at Ric and shook her head.

“Uh yeah, welcome home Mattie!” Ric said half grinning with Belle glaring at him disappointed.

promo for chapter 21

Will Belle spill the beans on who really made lunch for Matilda?

Lucas confront Yasmin about her secret but gets a shock at what's to come!

Cassie finds Drew staying at Irene's...what will she do?

:P

Archived