Incomplete

Guest 13max13

Chapter 4

The white SUV pulled up outside the Summer Bay caravan park. Brad could see Sally’s car parked in the driveway. He pulled his keys out of the socket and stuffed them deep into his front pocket. He was trying to figure out some kind of speech. What was he going to say? How could he explain this? A feeling like the one inside of him was strange and unfamiliar, but certain. He stepped out of the car and slammed the door shut behind him.

-

“I’ll see you in the morning love” Alf told Sally as he started walking up the stairs.

“Night’ Mr Stewart.” Sally watched him as he dragged his legs up the stairs an disappeared around the corner and into his room. Sally walked back down to the kitchen and grabbed the big black bag of rubbish that was sitting in the corner. And as she opened the door her jaw dropped.

Brad turned to face Sally and the bag of rubbish made a “plopping” noise as it slid to the ground.

“Brad?” Sally asked as if she was dreaming

Brad smiled and stepped toward Sally. She did the same, until they were centimetres apart.

“You came back.” Sally whispered, almost crying

“I came back for you.” He said softly

Sally slowly put her arms around Brad’s neck and began to pull him closer to her. Their lips met in a passionate kiss. Nothing else in the world mattered.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

The morning light shone through the window of the tiny apartment as Jack rolled over in the bed to find Martha sleeping beside him. It was a sight that he hadn’t seen for what seemed like a lifetime. He kissed her forehead lightly as he snuggled up next to her, pulling the covers over his shoulders. Martha made a grunting noise that made Jack laugh and suddenly a pillow fight emerged and laughter filled the space of the room.

“You think you can laugh at me?”

Maybe…”

Martha smiled and threw a large white pillow at Jack. It hit him in the head and he rubbed it.

“Actually, yes, yes I think I can laugh at you!” said Jack grinning

Martha threw another pillow at Jack and this time he caught it and threw it back at Martha. He missed and the flying pillow collided with the coffee mug on the table. It fell to the ground and smashed, splattering glass to all corners of the room.

“I should’ve remembered that you can’t throw, doofus”

“I’m the doofus?”

“Yes Jack, you’re the doofus”

“Alright fine, I’ll clean it up, or should I let you, me being the doofus and all.”

“No I think you can manage, the brush and pan is under the sink.”

Jack walked out of the bedroom and started to clean up the broken glass. He heard a knock at the door and Martha answered it.

“Hey Martha”

“Hey Tony”

“I was just asking around, and no-one’s seen Jack, he didn’t come home last night so…”

“Dad” Jack emerged from behind the counter in only his boxers.

Tony smiled and almost laughed. He had always loved Martha as a daughter and could almost jump for joy at the sight.

“So, are you two, well…” he started“ We’re taking it slow” interrupted Martha Jack smiled at his dad and Tony took a hint and walked away down the stairs.

“We’re really doing this aren’t we” Martha said

“Yeah, after all this time.”

They looked at each other for a moment and they both smiled; it was bliss.

“Well, I dunno about you, but I’m starving…” Jack stated

“You’re always hungry Jack!”

“You better believe it!”

Jack held out his hand and Martha took hold of it not daring to let go, afraid of losing him again. But she somehow knew that this time, this time it was going to be different. A little thing like work wasn’t going to keep them apart, or tear them apart for that matter. This time she was going to be more understanding, she wasn’t going to be selfish, not this time. She could not afford to lose Jack again because without him, there was no her.

Jack squeezed Martha’s hand and thought how lucky he was to be getting a second chance. He had thought about it, dreamed about it and wished for it ever since the break up, but never had he imagined that his wish would come true and he would be holding the hand of the most beautiful, the most wonderful girl in the world. The girl he loved and will always love. Martha

-

Brad sat down on the couch. It felt like forever since he had last sat there. Sally sat down next to him and handed him a glass of wine. She smiled as she looked into his big, blue eyes. Brad tried to say something but it was like his tongue had been tied, the words wouldn’t come out. He just smiled, that’s all he could do. Even if he couldn’t express it, he wanted Sally to know that he was happy, happier than he had been in months, and he was happy because of her. Sally understood, all she needed was a smile. She knew Brad well enough to know he wasn’t good with words. They looked into each other’s eyes and suddenly Brad found the words.

“Leaving was a mistake, I’ve missed you so much.” Brad finally said

“Letting you leave was a mistake, I thought it might make me stronger, but evidently the opposite. I need you Brad.”

Brad leaned forward and kissed Sally passionately, pushing her down so she slid back and lay on the couch. They kissed harder know, Brad’s lips in a tight lock with Sally’s. She unbuttoned his shirt so she could see his tanned chest. Sally’s hand wandered up and down his chest rubbing on his abbs. Brad lifted the shirt over his head and let it drift to the ground. Brad started to tug on Sally’s singlet top now. She nodded, and he started to take it off. It seemed like everything was perfect, the moment was set and the couple were ready once more, but at that very second Ric and Mattilda walked in the open door and shouted

“Surprise!”

Brad and Sally were definitely surprised. Sally screamed and Brad fel off the couch, hitting the ground with a thud. Ric walked over to the couch to see Brad lying on the floor evidently in pain and Sally sitting there half dressed and embarrassed.

Brad looked up at Sally who was as red as a tomato and started to laugh, it was all he could do. He remembered the first time that he and Sally had gotten caught sneaking around by Ric and Mattie. It was one of the best days of his life. Sally started to laugh too and soon enough Matilda took the look of shock off her face and laughed as well. Ric was already way ahead and was almost in tears of laughter as he watched Brad get up off the floor and put his shirt back on.

Ric regained his breath and managed to blurt out an actual sentence.

“Welcome back mate!”

• 3 weeks later...

I havn't updated for ages, but now that it's holidays, i thought i should write a bit more, so here it is:

Martha lay in bed still asleep despite the morning light gleaming through the open window. Martha’s world was perfect as she sat on the beach lying in Jack’s arms he bent his neck to kiss her when suddenly a bird’s crow from outside woke Martha from her imaginary world of love and happiness into the real world that was filled with the same amount of each. She automatically rolled over to her surprise not falling onto another body next to her. She sat up and stretched her arms wandering where Jack was. She dragged herself out of bed to find a short note left on the kitchen table with Jack’s writing scribbled down:

Hey, I’ve just gone out for a jog

And I’ll buy some milk while I’m out

Be back soon

Love Jack

She smiled as she walked into the bathroom to have a shower.

-

Jack started walking back to the apartment when suddenly his phone rang.

“Jack Holden.” He answered

“Sam…”

“No, sure.”

“Why?”

“What, Sam are you serious?”

“I’m with Martha now---no I can’t!”

“Are you sure, I mean…”? Jack lowered his voice even though he was alone. “Are you sure its mine?”

“Fine, no—yes, OK”

“I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye.”

Jack covered his face with his hands and started to cry at the thought of losing Martha again.

-

“So are you guys. Well, you know, back together?” Ric asked

Sally and Brad shared a look of hesitation. Then Brad finally said: “Yeah, yeah we are.” He watched as Sally’s eyes widened with joy and she smiled at him. It felt like the old days, like nothing had ever happened. Matilda tugged on Ric’s shirt and made a head gesture toward the door.

“Well I was just gonna grab some CD’s and head to Mattie’s place is that, uh-OK?” Ric said with a nod from Matilda

“I see no problem with it.” Said Sally.

-

“Jack”

“Sam”

“I’m sorry..”

“Are you going to…well are you sure its mine?”

“Jack I loved you, I never ever cheated.”

“Well, are you having it?”

“That depends on you.”

“How?”

“Come with me”

“No, I love Martha”

“Well if that’s you answer then..”

“No Sam, we could do this together”

“And Martha?”

“I’ll talk to her”

Martha picked up the phone and diled Tony’s number

“Tony Holden speaking”

“Hey Tony, is Jack there?”

“Jack, no love, I thought he was with you tonight”

“I-Yeah, that’s what I thought too.”

Martha hung up and saw Sam at the door.

“Sam, wait where’s Jack?”

“He came and saw me tonight, he’s at Tony’s now

“Martha I….”

“You’re pregnant!” Martha looked like she was going to cry.

“I’m sorry”

“Are you going to have it?”

“That depends on you Martha, I told Jack, he told me that he wouldn’t leave you, I gave him a choice, and he chose you Martha. Don’t think I’m trying to take him back, I’m not. But this baby’s life depends if you and Jack want it. I can’t do it by myself. Rory, and me we’re already a family, I don’t want it. But it’s Jack’s he deserves to know and you both deserve a choice. So Martha I’m asking you.”

“I-I’m not sure Sam, I love Jack more than anything in the world. This isn’t my baby though, but I can’t deny life, I’ve done it before, and I won’t do it again.”

“So is that a yes?”

“Yes”

“You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“Well, we better find Jack, I’m sure he’s anxious.”

The two girls walked out the door in search of Jack.

Jack was sitting at Noah’s bar sipping a beer that he had hardly drunk over the hour.

“You right mate?” asked Alf from behind the counter

“Yeah, life’s just, just complicated.”

“Well if you ever work it out, let me know eh?”

“Yeah, but something tells me I won’t work this one out.” Jack could hear Alf talking but he wasn’t listening. He had drifted off in a world of his own. He thought of Martha and how much they had been through to get to where they were. Then he thought of Sam. He remembered how happy he was with her. He thought back on the times when she was living with him. Then he went back to Martha, he loved her and he knew that, they were, they WERE going to get through this. They were strong. Stronger than ever before.

Sam walked into the bar followed closely by Martha.

"Jack"

"Well?" Jack stood perfectly still in front of the girls.

He stared at Martha. Why was she so calm?

This time Martha spoke:

“Jack, Sam’s leaving, her and Rory are moving interstate.”

“What about the-the- the kid?”

“Jack, we’re keeping it, I’ll raise it as my own and we’ll sort out our problems together.”

Martha smiled at Jack who was beaming at her

“Are you sure?” Jack said turning to Sam

“Jack, all I want is for you to be happy, and you are.”

“Thankyou.”

“Well, maybe I’ll see you round.” Sam started to walk away

“Sam,” Jack said pulling her back to face him. “I’ll miss you.”

Sam smiled at him. “Bye Jack” she said finally.

And with those final words, that was the end of Samantha Tolhurst. Jack and Martha never saw her again.

What does everyone think, i was very excited to get rid of Sam once and for all!

Great update!

Sally and Brad are back together. :wub:

:o Sam's pregnant!

Thank God she's leaving! :ph34r: Jack and Martha can live happily now that she's gone! :)

And with those final words, that was the end of Samantha Tolhurst. Jack and Martha never saw her again.

What does everyone think, i was very excited to get rid of Sam once and for all!

I'm glad you got rid of her. :P

More please.

• 2 weeks later...

well this chapter isn't good, but anyways:

Brad and Sally sat on the couch together. It was like a trip back in time.

“Well, it’s definitely good to be back.” Brad said half laughing.

Sally smiled “It’s good to have you back.”

Brad looked up, “I never stopped loving you, I just wanted you to know.”

“I knew, that’s why it was so hard letting you go. I thought I was never going to see you again, and yet here we are, just like the old days.” Sally finished

“Do you-do you still love me?” Brad asked

“Of course.’ I never stopped loving you either.” Sally said

They looked into each other’s eyes.

“So, are Tam and Heather here too?”

“Yeah, I booked a room at the Sands for them until the end of the week…”

“Well, where are you staying then?”

“Well I was wandering, if it’s ok with you and the kids, maybe if I stay here?”

“Really?”

“If it’s alright with you.”

“It’s alright with me.” Sally grinned

3 months later

Martha had left Jack alone in the apartment with their new son Nic.

Nic was sitting at the table on a high chair eating mashed pear and Jack was lying on the couch watching TV. Nic pushed his fork into the food, making it squish several ways. He started throwing the food around the apartment, but Jack was not paying attention. He was daydreaming. He was the happiest he had ever been. Martha was the best thing in his life and now with Nic in it too, he had everything, he was the luckiest man in the world,. Nothing could make him sad. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and he had a life he thought was not possible while living in Summer Bay.

The only thing that wasn’t definite in their lives was marriage. If he and Martha were to get married, would it fail like last time? Jack rolled on his back, deep in thought.

Brad rolled over in bed to see Sally sleeping next to him. It was a sight that made him smile. She was so beautiful. She stirred and as she opened her eyes, she shifted over and put her arms around him, laying her head on his chest. Brad held her tight and kissed her on the head. “Morning”, he said.

Downstairs in the kitchen Pipa laughed as Ric dropped his jam toast on the floor.

“You think that’s funny do you?” Ric joked

Pipa nodded her head and Ric wet a towel and started to clean up the sticky floor when there was a sudden knock at the door.

“Surprise!!” Cassie walked in to see Ric on his knees and Pipa on his back.

“Cass? What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to come home for Christmas.” Said Cassie as she placed her bags by the door and stepped forward to hug Ric.

Ric embraced her, it was great to have Cassie back, he had missed her so much.

“Welcome back!”

“Well, it’s good to be back.” Cassie said, picking up her bags and dragging them to the living room. She collapsed on the couch and Ric sat down next to her, Pipa on his lap.

“Well, how is it?” Ric asked, beaming

“It’s so great Ric”, said Cassie like she had been waiting to let it out, “I’m learning so much, and Henk’s rented an apartment nearby, so it’s really convenient.” She smiled broadly. “Where’s Sal?”

“She’s upstairs-look Cass, there’s something that I should tell you-“

But before Ric could finish, there was a loud crash and Brad came tumbling down the stairs.

Cassie got up and turned around to see Brad evidently in pain on the floor and Sally half laughing at the top of the stairs.

“Brad, what are you doing here?” Cassie said with surprise

Archived