Will They Ever Be?

Guest matticus01

warning...voilence

Chapter 20

It had been two days since Martha had tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrist's and it had been two days since Tasha had her first lot of treatment. Jack hadn't been to school since and had sat with Martha, by her side, not once leaving her. The doctor's had done the psych evaluation and were considering the best outcome for Martha, whether or not she should be sent to a retreat or not.

“Hey!” Jack said as he walked back into the room to find Martha had taken the bandage off her left wrist and was scratching at her scars and crying.

“Martha no!” Jack screamed as he grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes.

“I just want them gone Jack, I just want them gone...' she said breaking down as Jack took her into a hug, letting her cry and hugging her tightly.

Martha clung to Jack, wrapping her arm's around him and snuggling her head into his shoulders as she cried. Jack pulled back from the hug and kissed her forehead, taking the bandage and re-wrapping her wrist before any doctor's or nurses returned.

“I dont even know what made me do it!” Martha said as she watched Jack wrap her wrist back up. “It was like something snapped in my head!”

“Can I ask you something?” Jack asked as he finished with the bandage and looked at her.

“Yeah sure!” she replied as Jack took her hands and entwined his fingers with hers.

“The doctor said that you had an eating disorder when you were fourteen. Is that true?” he asked as Martha looked down at the white sheets, looking back up at Jack and nodding.

“It started when I was 12, I found a note in my best friends locker which was a fat list. I was number one on it. Then the guy I liked at my old school called me fatty boom bah which really got me down but the funny thing was I only weighed 80 kilo's at the time. I started getting really down about myself and then I saw a picture of Nicole Ritchie and wanted to be like her so I started binging and then punishing myself for it and purging, after a while it became a habit, I would feed my face 3 times a day to a point where I was going to be sick and then go into the bathroom and throw it all up, brush my teeth afterwards and doing it 3 times a day. When I turned 13 my hair was starting to fall out, my teeth were yellow and I was weak, fragile and pale. People noticed the dramatic weight loss and the weakness, how pale I was and the hair loss and put 2 and 2 together before they started trying to convince me to get help but I didn't believe I needed help. When I turned 14 I tore my esophagus and had to be hospitalized, fed through tubes, hooked up to heart monitors and when I was released I got home, took one look at myself in the mirror and broke down, admitting I needed help. Thats when I went to a retreat and when I finally went to go home was when I found out mum and dad moved to Summer Bay while I was in the retreat.” Martha finished as Jack pulled her into a hug.

“It took me nearly killing myself to realize I had a problem but I pulled through it, just but now I go and do this!” she said looking at her wrist's.

“It's ok baby, I love you and when ever you fall I'll be there to pick you up. I promise!” Jack replied as Martha smiled and pulled Jack in for a kiss, just as the psych evaluation team walked in.

“Martha MacKenzie!” one man said as both Jack and Martha looked at them.

“Yeah what's going on?” Martha asked taking Jack's hand.

“I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you are being transferred to the Summer Bay retreat in Yabbie Creek, if you will collect your things we will get the discharge papers and can get moving.

“No, no I'm not going. Jack dont let them take me!” Martha yelled pulling Jack into a hug and repeating herself.

“Dont let them take me!”

The next day

Jack walked into Summer Bay High alone and kept walking as everyone was watching him. Suddenly Ranya walked up to him.

“Hows Martha?” she asked as Jack looked up at her, anger, frustration and sadness in his eyes.

“Oh so you actually give a s**t now do you. Well this is how she is...because of you and the rest of these pathetic wan***s for believing you she is at the retreat in Yabbie Creek because they fear she may harm herself again but hey, I guess you haven't seen the damage you have caused her, her family, me and her god damn wrists so...GROW UP!” Jack was now screaming as tears were flowing down Ranya's face and people were starting to whisper.

“Let me give you something to think about!” Jack had now calmed his voice down as he looked at Ranya who was looking at the ground, then looking around at everyone who was staring at him.

“Does it make you happy to call people fat, ugly, slut's? Does it make you happy to think that any of you are contributing to the eating disorder's so many people die from these days? Does it make you feel tough when it's you who give people depression and make them want to end there life...does it make you all fell better knowing you all contributed to doing this to Martha?” he asked taking one last look around the hallway before walking around Ranya and making his way down the corridor, not saying another word.

Review...Is Martha willing to get better? Can Jack handle one more encounter with Ranya? Some one arrives at the school...who?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok i found it hard to write this chapter because i went through an eating disorder but came out the other side thanks to the support of my family and friends so i thought it was about time WE acknowledge the eating disorders around so this chapter is dedicated to every girl/guy out there dealing with an eating disorder or dealing with suicidal thought

Chapter 21

Martha sat in her room, she felt so alone, so unwanted, she begged Jack not to let them take her but he didn't do anything and for that she hated him, she hated him so much but at the same time loved him so much that it hurt, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to cry, it hurt to laugh.

Martha had already made two slits in her legs when someone walked through the door.

“What in...Martha!”

“Jack!” Martha said as sat the blade down behind her back and pulling her shorts back down. Martha got to her feet and ran to him, embracing him in a hug but then pulling away when he didn't hug her back.

“I'm sorry!” she whispered as she sat herself back on the bed.

“I thought you wanted to get better Martha. I want you to want to get better!” he said raising his voice. Someone had to tell her the truth and it looked like it had to be Jack.

“Jack...I do want to get better but it's...it's so hard!” she said tears now dwelling down her face. “I...I wanna get better so bad that it hurts when your not here, I feel so alone, so empty because I love you so much yet I hate you because you did nothing to stop them from bringing me here!” she said yelling back at them.

“What's wrong with me Jack?” she asked as she completely broke down. Jack moved and sat down next to her, taking her into his arms.

“What's wrong with me?” she asked in a whisper again as she wrapped her arms around Jack and let herself cry on his shoulder.

“Listen to me!” Jack said as tears also started swelling up in his eyes. “I love you so much that it scare's me but I made you a promise that I would be here every time you fall and I will be baby!” he explained as tears were also rolling down his cheeks as now both he and Martha were sobbing in each other's arms.

“But you have to want to get better and I know baby...I know that the slightest thing will make you turn again but you have to want to get better first before I can help you!” the tears were now pouring down his cheeks.

“Oh Jack I want to get better so much...I love you so much but I dont want to stay here!” she said more tears swelling up in her eyes as she blinked to hold them back.

“But if this place can help you to get better than why dont you stay here...I want you better Martha and I wil do whatever it takes for that to happen.”

“What ever it takes...'

Martha pulled back from Jack and looked as he nodded and wiped her face, wiping his face as well.

“What ever it takes...' he replied kissing her forehead.

“Then take me to school tomorrow...'

Tasha was lying on her bed, she had just finished her second lot of chemo and it was really starting to affect her, she was being sick everyday, she couldn't eat because it made her even more sick and she had already lost 5 kilo's and it had only been her second dose of chemo.

Tash rolled over onto her side, right on the edge of her queen sized bed and held her hair back again before leaning into the bucket and letting the contents flow directly into it before wiping her mouth with the towel beside her. Lying flat on her back she wondered what she had ever done to be punished like this.

Was it because she was friends with Martha, Robbie, Jack. Was it because she was caught kissing Kim, only wishing it was Robbie or was it the fact that she was Angie Russel's daughter. Tasha didn't know but she was getting sick of it but she was only 17 so she couldn't stop the treatment and miss out on the best part on her life. After an hour of lying there she finally drifted off to sleep.

The next day

They walked into the school holding each other's hand, not wanting to let go. People were staring but they weren't staring at the couple, they were staring at her bandaged wrists. Martha felt self conscious but didn't have any long sleeve tops to wear so had to put up with a half sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans because she didn't want anyone to see the slice marks that were covering most of her upper thigh's.

Jack stopped and looked at Martha, knowing how uncomfortable she was that everyone was looking at her wrists.

“Are you ok?” he asked taking both her hands.

Martha nodded but didn't look to convincing and gave Jack a smile.

“I'm...I'm ok, it's weird because I know what they're all staring at but I'm ok!” she replied as Jack pulled her into a hug. As they pulled apart and took one another's hands again a girl walked up to Martha and handed her a card that said 'Get Well Soon'

“I don't know what your going through but...I hope you get better soon!” the girl said as she placed the card in Martha's right hand and smiled at her, making Martha smile and loosen up a bit more.

“Thanks!” Martha said as she released her grip from Jack's hand and hugged the girl.

As they walked into the Human Studies Class, Ranya, Kim and Robbie were all shocked to see Martha walk through the door, hand in hand with Jack, wearing a purple half sleeve shirt saying 'Life is full of mysteries, embrace them like tomorrow never comes' and a black pair of baggy jeans, her hair in a plain pony tail and looking pale like she had never seen the sunlight before.

Martha looked around and saw Ranya, Kim and Robbie looking at her shocked but Robbie was a happy shocked because he had been told it was a while before he would see her again but Ranya and Kim were shocked because she had the guts to show up, three days after she tried to kill herself and had the guts to wear a half sleeve shirt.

“Welcome Martha!” the teacher who was named Mrs Pasco said to her as Martha slightly nodded and gave a small smile.

“Ok class you all know about what poor Martha has been through and that she wasn't expected to be seen for a while yet but the school got a call late yesterday asking if she could spend today and only today here at school as part of her treatment. Martha and Jack you two may sit here!” Mrs Pasco said pointing to two seats in the corner, opposite the door and right next to the black board.

Jack took a step and looked at Martha who at first just stood there, after nudging her arm with his she took one, two, three, four, five, six steps to where she was going to sit for that class.

Martha sat down and looked at Jack who stood tall and looked at everyone.

“Ok Mrs Pasco has asked me to run this class today because I am going to be a big part in helping Martha to recover and because this is human studies I thought I would ask Jessica Mapleberry to speak to us today. Now I wont tell you why she will be speaking to you but I will leave it up to her to tell her story!” Jack said as he walked back to the door and looked at Martha who looked hesitated that he was more than two feet away from her. Opening the door he stepped back as a girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, a long sleeve black top that was three times too big for her and a pair of black track pants that were so baggy on her that they could fall straight off her hips walk through the door.

“Thankyou so much for coming today!” he said as he shook her hand but very lightly because she looked so frail like the was a twig that could just be snapped straight in half.

“Jessica this is Martha!” Jack said pointing to Martha who looked at the girl and smiled lightly at her, the girl named Jessica returning her smile and turning to the class. Waiting for Jack to take a seat and take Martha's hand and signal for Jessica to start was her cue.

“My name is Jessica Mapleberry, I at 25 years old and have struggled with an eating disorder for 10 years since the age of 15. I have struggled with anorexia since I was 15 and this is now what I look like!” she said as she pulled her shirt up showing her bony body, every rib was showing, her pelvic bones were sticking out so much that they could have had a life of there own. As she turned around you could see her shoulder blades, her back bones, every vertebrae in her body. As she pulled her shirt down she pulled her sleeve's up to reveal a rough estimate of over 100 scars on each arm from where she was also suicidal.

“I also cut myself to make myself feel better, I compulsively exercise, I compulsively count my calories and I compulsively cut myself when I think I've done something wrong and it all started when I found a letter saying I was fat. Call it a fat list but I was on top so I vowed to lose weight and I did but now I can not stop this. I have been to nearly 20 different treatment facilities and come out worse than when I went in and all because of girls and boys picking on me, talking about me behind my back, calling me names and so on and so forth. Martha come and join me!” Jessica said as Martha looked at Jack, hesitating before shyly getting to her feet and standing next to Jessica.

“Martha have you had an eating disorder before?” Jessica asked as Martha looked at Jack who nodded then looking back at Jessica and saying yes.

“And you recently tried to commit suicide, yes!”

“Yes!” Martha replied as all eyes were now fixated on her and her wrists.

“Ok Martha you have admitted to having an eating disorder and trying to commit suicide but why did you try and kill yourself? Was it a person who started all this after you got over your eating disorder? Was it name calling from other people or was it because you had been thinking it a long time?” Jessica asked as Martha looked at Ranya and Kim before deciding to answer.

“I...I tried to kill myself because...because of Ranya Renolds, Kim Hyde and all the name calling and notes I received being called a sl*t and a Wh*re and I...I couldn't handle it!” Martha finished as the whole class now turned to Ranya and Kim before Martha broke down. Jack got to his feet and took Martha into his arms holding her tight.

“I love you! You are so brave!” he whispered in her ear, letting her sob and looking at Ranya and Kim who looked down at there desk's.

Review...Martha vowels to get better but that may all change when a face from the past returns and put's her in danger

Chapter 22

Jack had spent most of the day by Martha's side because he knew that it was hard for her to be back so soon after what had happened and it scared her it scared her so much.

“I have to go to the toilet!” Martha said as they arrived outside the male and female toilets.

“I'll be back in a minute!” she said kissing his cheek before making her way into the female toilets.

After she walked out of the toilet cubicle she saw her standing there, at first Martha thought she was seeing things but then she saw that she wasn't when the girl turned on the taps and looks at her.

“Melanie, wh...what are you doing here?” Martha asked backing into the wall behind her as Melanie got closer to her.

“My cousin rang me and told that she is having hell at school today because of you, you know Ranya dont you? Fattie!” Melanie said as Martha closed her ears over with her hands.

“No, no, no I'm not fat I'm not I'm not!” Martha was now screaming and she could hear Jack yelling out to her but Melanie's voice was overpowering Jack's voice because he was further away than Melanie.

“You should just kill yourself, no one wants you around, no one loves you, you stole Jack from Ranni...' she screamed as Martha voices became louder.

“NO, NO, NO!” Martha screamed.

Jack was outside screaming out her name, he could hear her screaming her lungs out in the toilets and could hear someone else screaming as well. After screaming out her name nearly 50 times he had enough.

Melanie knew the perfect way to get back at Martha walking straight up to her she pulled out a knife, ripped Martha's purple shirt open and cut two marks. Martha was now lying on the bathroom with an 'X' cut into her stomach and she was bleeding fast. Jack pushed through the door and saw the blonde standing there with a knife in her hand and Martha bleeding, losing consciousness in the backed up wall. Pulling out his phone he called for an ambulance just as the girl went to leave he pushed her up against the wall and called out to someone anyone who just happened to be Robbie walking past.

“Robbie keep hold of her, she cut Martha!” Jack screamed as Robbie stopped, backed up and came and held Melanie while Jack attended to Martha.

Ripping up another one of his shirts he applied pressure to her wound and kept talking to his beautiful girlfriend. Jack had laid her on the floor and was keeping the pressure on her stomach when Martha regained consciousness.

“Jack!” Martha whispered in little breath.

“Yeah baby the ambulance is on there way!” he replied as there were now a crowd of people outside the toilet door just as Sally Fletcher, Martha's step mother and Brad Armstrong along with Matilda and Lucas arrived.

“I'm c...cold!” Martha whispered as Sally bent down next to her step daughter. Brad stood there with a blanket in his hands and handed it to Sally who threw it over Martha.

“Martha it's Sally, your going to be ok!” Sally replied as Brad heard the sirens and rushed out of the room.

“I love you Jack, I love...love you so m...much!” Martha said starting to cough up blood.

“Your going to be ok Martha!” Jack screamed kissing his girlfriend on the forehead.

“I know!” Martha replied as she closed her eyes, her arms resting beside her just as Brad returned with the paramedic's.

Review... Oh no!

Chapter 23

“Female, 18 years old, Martha MacKenzie, attempted murder, deep lacerations to upper stomach right down to lower abdomen, arrested once at scene and once on travel, managed to get her back both times” the ambulance officers yelled as nurses and doctors took her into resus 1.

One minute later Rachel walked into the room.

“Oh my god Martha. What happened?” Rachel asked rushing over and picking up her chart.

“Brutally sliced, arrested twice1” a nurse stated as Rachel pulled out her torch to check Martha's pupil's

“Ok call theatre let them know she is on her way and what has happened then ring the police!” Rachel yelled as the nurse ran out of the room.

“Martha, Martha can you wake up for me?” Rachel asked looking at the wound on her stomach. As soon as Rachel lifted the dressing up blood starting pouring out of her wound, running down her stomach. Pressing the dressing back down Rachel sighed and looked up just as Jack, Lucas, Matilda, Robbie and a very weak Tasha entered the room. strapping the dressing back down she , all looking like someone had died.

“Only five minutes guys, she's going into theatre.” Rachel said as they all nodded and walked to her bedside.

“Martha it's Jack I'm here baby and so is Lucas and Mattie and Robbie and Tash!” Jack said as Robbie held Tasha in his arms, keeping her steady.

“Mac, come back to us!” Tash said as she dug her head into Robbie's chest. “don't leave us, don't leave me Mac”

“Martha please come back to us, we love you!” Robbie said as he could feel Tash starting to cry.

“Martha it's Mattie and, and Luc is here too. Please don't leave us you are everything in this group!” Mattie said as she dug herself into Lucas's chest and started sobbing.

“Yeah Martha please come back!” Lucas said just as the orderlies walked in the room signalling for them to leave so they could prep her for theatre.

Every one slowly exited the room except Jack who kissed her on the lips, then the cheek, then the forehead.

“I love you so much!” he said before he also left the room.

An Hour Later

“Charge to 390. CLEAR!”

'Zap'

“Charge again...come on Martha you can do it...CLEAR!”

'Zap'

“Charge once more!” the doctor yelled as people were moving everywhere to try and get her breathing again.

“One mill of adrenaline...CLEAR!”

'Zap!”

'Beep, beep, beep!”

“Oh thank god we have a pulse. Ok lets get this finished before she goes into cardiac arrest again.

Jack waited out in the hall when two police officers approached him.

“Jack Holden?” one man asked.

“Yeah!” Jack replied looking at them

“We thought we would let you know that Melanie Shepard has been arrested for the attempted murder of Martha MacKenzie!”

“Ok thanks for telling me. Can I ask how she knew Martha?” Jack asked as the other man nodded.

“Apparently she went to school with Martha and they were best friends until there was a falling out when they were 13 and she heard that Martha named her cousin today as a part of her life!” the police officer said as Jack nodded.

“Ok thanks!” he replied as he put his head in his hands and sighed.

“So that was Martha's ex best friend.

Review...Will she make it? Ranya show's up at the hospital

sorry this chapter is so short but the next one will be longer for you guys

Chapter 24

Jack sat in room 1 where Martha was going to be bought after she got out of surgery. She had been in surgery for almost two hours now and no one had told him anything and it was starting to bug him. He could feel the tears dwelling up in his eyes but slyly held them back. As he looked up he saw Ranya standing in the door way.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Jack's voice rising straight away as he crept to his feet.

“I came to see how Martha is doing...I-I didn't want Melanie to do that. I never meant for anything bad to happen!” Ranya said as she went to take Jack's hand just to have him pull away.

“Why do you care? What makes you think that what happened wasn't your fault?” Jack yelled backing away from her.

Rany walked toward him and looked him straight in the eyes.

“Jack I love you and I know deep down you love me too...'

“Love you. Who would want to love you. You know I dont even know if I ever really loved you. Your manipulative, violent, jealous and a bitch and I would never love someone like that so I dont give a damn about your apology or anything more you have to say so just get lost!” Jack screamed as tears were streaming down Ranya's face. Ranya looked up at him once more before running out of the room.

Jack sat back down and rested his head in his hands before sighing. A couple of minutes later Martha was wheeled into the room by two orderlies and a nurse.

“Martha!” Jack said getting to his feet and rushing over to her as the orderlies settled her into the room. She had tubes coming out of her nose and her arms and she was pale like there was no life left in her.

“How-how is she?” Jack asked as a doctor walked into the room holding her chart.

“Jack is it, she is stable for now but she did go into cardiac arrest whilst in theatre but we managed to get her back in time. The only thing I am worried about now is the amount of time she was in cardiac arrest is if there was any brain damage but we wont know until she wakes up until then, talk to her, let her know you are here because if it wasn't for you she would have died!” the doctor replied sitting her chart on the end of her bed and walking out along with the orderlies and the nurse, leaving just the two of them alone.

“Martha baby if you can hear me I want you to know I'm here...I will always be here. I love you baby so much, please dont leave me. Please dont leave me...I just found you please dont leave!” Jack said taking his hand as tears strolled down his cheeks and engulfed his body.

Little did he know that Ranya was standing just outside the door and had heard everything he had just said and everything the doctor had just said.

“He loves her, he loves her so much...he doesn't deserve me!” Ranya said to herself before turning and walking away.

Review...Does Martha have brain damage, Ranya returns to the hospital and Lucas create's a magical night for Matilda

Chapter 25

Jack, Robbie, Tasha, Mattie and Lucas all sat in Martha's room the next day and she still hadn't awoken from her sleep. The doctor had told them that if she didn't wake up in the next two days then it would mean she was comatized and that there was nothing they could do.

Jack hadn't left the hospital since she had been bought out of theatre and as much as everyone tried to get him to go home, he refused to leave her side until he knew that she wouldn't have brain damage and he refused to leave until she woke up and he didn't care how long he had to be in here.

“Jack!” Lucas said as Jack looked up at him, still holding her hand.

“Jack go home, have a shower, something to eat!” Lucas said looking worriedly at his brother.

“No I cant...I wont!” was all Jack replied looking back at his girlfriend. He couldn't believe that since they had got together that they seemed to spend most of there time in the hospital because no one wanted to see them together, no one wanted them to be in love with each other.

First she was in hospital because Ranya almost bashed her to death and then she was in here because she tried to kill herself by slitting her wrists and now because Ranya's cousin had tried to kill her. It seemed to Jack that no matter how much he wanted to be with her, someone would try and harm her, harm there love for each other, harm him by getting to Martha.

Everyone turned to the door to see Ranya standing there, even Jack looked surprised to see her back here.

“What are you doing here?” Jack asked, the anger in his voice returning.

“I...I get it now, I might not understand it but I get that you dont love me anymore and for that I have no one to blame but myself because I pushed you toward her. I know that you hate me right now but I do believe that everything happens for a reason and I just want you to know that I want, I want you to be happy!” Ranya said as she looked at the very pale Martha, sleeping soundly like a baby but with tubes coming from all parts of her body.

“Thank you!” Jack replied as he took Ranya's hand and smiled.

Ranya smiled back at him and put her other hand on top of Jack's and for a second she thought there would be a glimmer of hope for them but the she looked back at Martha and realized that it just wasn't meant to be.

“I have to go, my step sister Sam is coming over for holidays and I have to pick her up. If it's ok with you, when she wakes up call me because I would like to see her and apologize!” Ranya said as Jack nodded and removed his hand from Ranya's.

“Yeah sure!” Jack replied as Ranya turned and walked away not saying another word.

Lucas looked at Matilda who looked lovingly into his eyes and smiled. Lucas kissed her forehead and smiled back at her beautiful smile and her bright blue eyes.

“Ok I have to go!” Lucas said as Matilda looked surprised and could tell that he was planning something.

“Lucas Holden what are you planning?” she asked clinging to him even more to try and get some information from him.

“Nothing, well something but you...' he said poking her nose slightly and then kissing it. “Will have to wait and find out!” he replied as she let go of him.

“I'll see you guys later!” he replied as everyone said 'goodbye' to him and all looked curious at what he was planning for Matilda.

Jack smiled and all of a suddenly felt Martha squeeze his hand. Quickly getting to his feet he ran his finger's through her hair.

“Martha, Martha can you hear me. Oh baby please wake up for me, for us!” he replied as Tasha, Robbie and Mattie all moved closer to see what was happening.

Martha squeezed Jack's hand again this time tighter and then loosened her grip completely.

“Jack what's that?” Matilda asked pointing to the blood starting to cover her bandage on her left wrist.

Jack gasped as he quickly yelled out for help and watched as two nurses entered the room.

“Her wrist is bleeding but she has stitches!” Jack exclaimed as Matilda moved around and took his hand.

“She's clotting up, call the doctor and tell him to get here quickly!” one nurse said as the other ran out of the room returning minutes later with Rachel by her side.

“Dr Armstrong she is clotting up in her left wrist, her right on is ok though!” the nurse replied as Rachel put on a pair of gloves and watched as a nurse injected something into Martha's tube.

Un-wrapping the bandage from her wrist Rachel took one look at it and saw that one by one the stitches had busted half way down her wrist where Martha had cut. Picking up the scalpel Rachel cut exactly where she had been stitched and watched as blood went everywhere. Rachel didn't have time to tell everyone to leave the room because Martha would have died otherwise. Finally she turned around to the nurse.

“Get them out of here, I need to remove the blood clot.” Rachel replied as the nurse asked everyone to leave, almost pushing them out the door.

Matilda had returned home later that evening after getting a message from Lucas and as soon as she arrived out the front of her house she noticed rose petals and fairy lights covering the path leading up to her house. Smiling she made her way up the path and when she arrived at the front door she saw that it was open and what she saw lighted up her eyes like she was a little girl again just unwrapping her Christmas present early in the morning.

Looking around the room there were red and white lit candles everywhere and rose petals covered the floor. The kitchen table had a red table cloth and had two white candles in the middle of the table. On either side of the table were two plates along with knives and forks and there in the middle of the table sat a photo of herself and Lucas, the first time they kissed up on stage when they were the main characters of Rex and Summer in Colleen's play. Matilda's mouth dropped open as there were also rose petals covering the table and as she walked in the room she saw Lucas standing there in a tux looking completely and utterly handsome. His blonde hair and blue eyes settling upon Matilda with smile that melted her heart every time.

As he walked over to her, he rested his arms around her waist and smiled, leaning in and kissing her softly, lingering in front of her mouth before smiling and leaning in for another passionate kiss.

“I love you Mattie!” Lucas replied as there noses joined and she smiled, her smile lighting up the room instantly with the dimly lit lights and the brightly lit candles.

“I love you too Luc!” she replied as there lips joined again, this time more forcefully and passionately because they both knew that they were one, now and forever they would be together...forever!

Review...Will Matilda and Lucas take there relationship to the next level? Can anything else go wrong in Martha's life?

Chapter 26

Jack was waiting outside Martha's room whilst the doctor's were working on her. He was pacing back and forth and again no body was telling him anything which was starting to frustrate him. Jack took a seat and all of a sudden saw two reporters walk up to the nurses desk. Jack watched as the male nurse pointed to him and watched as the two reporters made there way toward him.

“Jack Holden?” one reporter asked as the other took a picture of him.

“Yeah why?” Jack asked as the female reporter pulled up a chair in front of him whilst the male reporter with the camera sttod standing.

“We heard Martha MacKenzie is in that room. A Ranya Renolds rang us and told us the whole situation and asked us to talk to her about the problems arising in todays wide world epidemic. How is she?” the female asked as the man had set up a video camera and pressed record.

“Since the beginning of this year Martha MacKenzie has been brutally bashed, tried to commit Suicide and has most recently been deeply slashed in the stomach. How is her progress?” the lady asked as Jack sighed. Jack really didn't feel like doing this, not now, not when his girlfriend was being operated on and looked over in that room.

“I don't know. She came out of theatre almost an hour and a half ago and has since then had clotting to her left wrist, causing her stitches to burst open so she hasn't woken up yet!” Jack replied looking down at the ground.

“Oh I am so sorry to hear that. What do you have to say to the person who has been arrested to attempted murder?” the woman asked as Jack's face shot up, the anger evident in his eyes like he was ready to bash the person closest to him.

“What do I have to say? What do I have to say?” he almost screamed.

“This is what I have to say. Ever since seventh grade she has made Martha's life hell and now she comes back and makes my girlfriend...my girlfriend have to go through something worse than death. Because of Melanie that poor girl lying in that bed in there may have brain damage, may not be able to look at herself ever again because she will have one to many scars to handle and yes some people deal but no one should have to go through what Martha has been through!” Jack replied as the woman nodded.

“So how did Martha react to her parents death three days ago?” the woman asked as Jack's head shot up like the world had threatened to come to an end.

“What did you just say?” he asked.

“How did Martha react to her parents death three days ago?” the woman repeated herself.

“Martha's mum and dad died?” Jack asked, wondering if Martha had known about this at all, if anyone had bothered to ring and tell her about this.

“Yes three nights ago on there way back to SummerBay there car was hit by a log truck who had fell asleep at the wheel and moved over into there lane, there for creating a head on collision, both died instantly!” the woman replied as Jack's hands covered his mouth.

“You or Martha dont know?” the woman asked as jack shook his head. All of a sudden Rachel had opened the door and Jack jumped to his feet.

“Rach, how is she?” he asked forgetting that the reporters were still there.

“Ahhhhh I think you should leave before I call security!” Rachel said looking at the reporters who hesitated before getting up and leaving with out another word.

“We managed to locate the blood clot and remove it, hopefully she wont have anymore, if she isn't awake by tomorrow then she is comatized and we wont know for how long.” Rachel explained as Jack nodded, not showing any emotion.

“Rachel did you know that Martha's parents did three days ago?” he asked as Rachel looked a taken back by the last question.

“No, no Jack I didn't. Does Martha know?” she asked closing Martha's door before turning back to Jack.

“No...I mean I dont think so. I didn't even know and she didn't say anything to Tash!” Jack explained as Rachel nodded.

“Ok just go in and sit with her, talk to her and let her know your here and let's just hope she wakes up!” Rachel said as Jack nodded and entered the room, closing it behind him.

Matilda and Lucas lye on the couch in each other's arms just letting the world pass by. Lucas kissed Matilda on the forehead and could feel himself being turned on by his girlfriend. He had been getting turned on by Mattie a lot lately and was wondering if maybe his body was telling him that he was ready for the next level in there relationship but he didn't know if Matilda was ready so said nothing.

Matilda had her eyes closed and was dreaming about her and Lucas taking that next crucial step in there relationship but didn't know if he was ready...She didn't want to ask him just in case he hesitated or ran away without looking back.

Matilda opened her eyes and looked at Lucas, who was staring at her with a smile. Leaning down he kissed her lips with such passion that it felt like the world had stopped for those few moments.

Matilda and Lucas stayed in that position for a moment before Matilda hardened the kiss, slowly slipping her tongue in to join Lucas as she played with it. There saliva entwining them further into one another like a bond that they would have forever.

Matilda pulled back and looked Lucas in the eyes and smiled a little before turning her gaze to the hallway. Lucas's eyes widened and he kissed her again pulling her to her feet.

Slamming against the bedroom door he pressed up against her her body, feeling her hips and feeling every breath she took made him want her even more than what he already did. Reaching behind her, she grabbed and turned the doorknob before pulling into the bedroom and smalling the door on there way in.

She had never wanted someone so much than what she wanted him right now and as she found the hem of his shirt she pulled it up revealing his tanned ab's from where he surf's every morning. Pulling it over his head she returned to kissing him as she unzipped his belt, ripping it out of his jeans and throwing it on the floor and un doing his button and zip, letting his trousers fall down his legs.

He pulled her bonzee over her head as she had already pulled her skirt off leaving just her black brad and undies. As he watched her reach behind her back and come back in front of her a couple of seconds later his eyes went straight down as her bra slid down her arms. Lying down on the bed she slid off her underpants leaving her stark naked in front of him. Ripping his boxers off he reached into his pocket and pulled out the rubber in its wrapping before leaning down. She spread her legs for him and let him kiss her stomach, boobs and neck before lying on top of her.

She felt him slid himself in her and gasped a little, feeling him slowly go deeper into her before wrapping her arms around his neck.

Review...Martha finally wakes up!!!

OMG guys i am soooooooooooo sorry it has taken so long to post but here it finally is

Chapter 27

She slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room, wondering where she was, why her stomach and her wrist's were so. Looking around the white coloured wall's she knew where she was and then she looked beside her and saw him. The most handsome guy in the world holding her hand, his head on the edge of her bed and small snores coming from him.

Smiling slightly she wondered who this wonderfully hot guy was asleep next to her and then she realized...she didn't even know who she was.

Squeezing the guys hand she watched as he quickly opened his eyes and saw her staring at him.

“Martha!” he said out loud before jumping to his feet and hugging her tightly before pulling back and giving her a kiss.

Martha looked at him strangely before he realized that she didn't know who he was.

“You dont remember me do you?” he asked sitting back down as she shook her head in dismay.

“I'm Jack, your boyfriend...'

“Jack...Jack...Ja...' Martha's voice trailed off as she looked at him.

'I'm not giving up'

'I'm not giving up'

'I'm not giving up'

“Oh my god Jack!” Martha screamed as she smiled at him. Jack smiled back and kissed her again but this time Martha kissed him back, passionately, loving and warmly.

“Oh my god I'm so glad your here!” Martha said taking Jack into a warm hug.

“What...what am I doing here?” she asked as she could feel her stomach tighten.

“You...you dont remember?” Jack asked sitting next to her on the bed.

“No I dont remember anything at all!” Martha replied as Jack wrapped his arm around her, letting her sink into his chest again. Jack kissed Martha's hair and just sat there with her, thanking god that she was going to be ok.

Lucas opened his eyes the next morning to find Matilda sleeping peacefully in his arms. He smiled as the previous night's events came flooding back, taking over his memory and just as he smiled he heard Beth's voice.

'Oh hi Tony'

'Hey Beth is Mattie here?”

“Oh she is still in bed and I'm not waking her, you know teen girl's and there beauty sleep. Is...is there anything I can help you with?”

“Well it's just her and Luc have been together for a while now and I was going to talk to her about where there relationship is going but it can wait. Umm how about you come to the Diner and have breakfast with me? The boys have left already!”

“Yeah sure thing!”

'Slam'

Lucas looked back at Matilda who had stired from her sleep and was also looking at the door.

“That was close!” Lucas said as Matilda nodded and kissed her boyfriend passionately.

Jack watched Martha sleep just as Tasha and Robbie walked through the door.

“Hey!” he said as Tasha smiled slightly with Robbie still keeping hold of her.

“How you feeling?” Jack asked as Tash nodded.

“I'm ok!” Tasha replied as Martha stirred from her sleep and looked at the girl and guy she recognized straight away.

“Tash!” Martha said as Tash waved but didn't move.

“Hey Mac, you had us worried!” Tash replied as Martha smiled sweetly.

“I'm a tough girl but can someone please tell me what happened?” Martha asked as Jack, Tasha and Robbie all looked at each other before Tash decided she would tell her even though she wasn't there.

“Melanie, your ex best friend is Ranya's cousin and attacked you, slicing open your stomach in the girls bathroom at school. She has been charged so dont worry so much she wont hurt you again!” Tash explained as Martha looked at Jack for confirmation and found it when he nodded and tightened his grip on her hand.

“So where's mum and dad?” Martha asked as Jack's eyes widened and he looked down at the ground in which Martha saw.

“Jack?” Martha asked, the worry evident in her voice.

“Your...your mum and dad died in a car accident 4 days ago...I didn't find out until last night!” Jack said as Martha gasped and tried to hold back the tears. Sure her parents weren't her real parents but she grew up with them, they raised her and treated her like there own daughter and loved her. Yeah sure Alf was her biological grandfather and Roo was her biological mother but they hadn't been there for the best and worst days of her growing up, the rebellious stage, the first boyfriend stage, the best friends fight stage but her foster parents were and now they were gone.

Finally she broke down as she snuggled herself into Jack and held him tightly crying into his shirts, her stomach hurt and her left wrist was killing her but they were nothing compared to how her heart was feeling.

Review...Martha's foster parents funeral dawns...how will she cope? Beth finds out that Lucas and Matilda slept together...how will she react? Martha receives a counselor...who?

Chapter 28

It was only two days away before Martha's foster parent's funeral would be held. They were having the funeral at the Yabbie Creek Mortuary and the reception at the Summer Bay Surf Club. Martha was sitting up in her bed, feeling much better, her stitches were getting removed from her stomach today and also both her wrist's. She would be scared but promised not to do anything like what she did again but the only way the hospital were going to let her out is if she came back once a week to have counsellings sessions in which she reluctantly agreed to.

Jack was sitting on the bed next to her and they were cuddling each other while Rachel got ready to remove her stitches. Tasha, Robbie, Matilda and Lucas were also in the room with them. Tasha looking more and more pale by the day because of her chemo in which was finally starting to work because the tumor in her throat had shrunk an inch and Robbie holding her tightly, constantly kissing her on the forehead, making her smile sweetly at him. Matilda and Lucas on the other hand were all over each other and Matilda glowed even more each day and Lucas was always smiling which got Jack to thinking that they had taken the next step in sleeping with each other. Each time Jack would look at them and see them looking lovingly, passionately, caring, sexually into each other's eyes or kissing so fiercely making him notice that they must have taken each other because Lucas was always biting her bottom lip or nibbling on her each making her giggle and kiss him or go to tease him and then back off. This made Jack jealous in one way because he and Martha hadn't gone that far yet because of all the problems that kept getting in there way but happy because Lucas had found someone who had fallen deeply in love with a girl, and that girl in return had fallen deeply, back in love with him and they were only fifteen years old and yet Jack, himself was eighteen years old and had only just found love and almost lost it more than once because of someone or something getting in there way.

Jack's P.O.V

“Jack!” Martha said as I moved my attention back to the girl of my dreams, the girl who meant the world to me and who I was scared for every day because she was a model so was constantly on the radar for the press, because Ranya's cousin used to be my girl's best friend and mainly, because she didn't want to admit it but because she was scared she would fall off the rail's again.

“Yes beautiful!” I replied kissing her on the forehead, seeing her smile out of the corner of my eye.

“Don't leave me? Please don't leave me?” she replied as my eye's widened and I saw her eye's start to water.

“Oh Martha, I promise you that I wont leave you, I love you and I promised you that I would be here every time you would fall and I will be baby. I replied as she smiled and let the tears trickle down her cheeks.

“I love you!” I whispered as she dug her head into my chest.

“I love you too Jack!” she said to me. As we looked into each other's eyes I saw why I fell in love with this beautiful woman named Martha MacKenzie. As we kissed a woman walked into the room, she had curley red hair and was rather skinny with an oval face and her green eye's.

“Martha MacKenzie?” she asked Martha also looking at me.

“My name is Sam Tolhurst and I will be you counselor!” she said as she loked at me again, this time smiling at me with her unusually kind, loving eyes. I smiled back at her and then looked at Martha and saw the love in her eyes and knew in my heart that she and I would be together forever!

Review...Jack knows Sam and Sam wants to hide her past!...It's the day of Martha's foster parents funeral, how will Martha hold up?

Chapter 29

The day had dawned for the funeral of Martha's parents and all kinds of emotions were rising up and taking over Martha's body, anger, sadness, relief, deadness.

Sitting in her apartment once more, looking directly at the bathroom floor where she thought she was going to die that night was starting to overtake her. Jack walked into the room and saw her breathing heavily.

Martha's P.O.V

“Martha!” I heard Jack yell. I could feel my body starting to break down again and Jack knew it. I felt him move toward me and put his arm around my shoulders.

“Jack!” I said feeling myself wanting to break down. “I cant do this, I cant!” I replied as Jack moved and leant down next to me.

“You can do this baby, I believe you can do this and I know you can do this!” Jack said as I could feel the tears start trickling down my cheeks.

I nodded and knew that Jack was right. He helped me to my feet and wrapped his arms around me, I let myself sink into his body, reminding me of why I fell in love with him, his courage, love, compassion made me feel safe, elated but also scared because I didn't know what would happen if he wasn't in my life.

“I can do this!” I finally said as I pulled back from Jack. “Just let me go to the toilet and we will get going!” I said as I kissed him and walked into the bathroom, pushing the door shut behind me.

While I was in the bathroom I heard Jack's phone ring and him answer it.

'Hello...Sam what are you doing back here? Yes Martha is my girlfriend...No I will not goodbye!'

When I walked back out I new that Jack wasn't going to mention anything about the phone call but I left it, both he and I had a past and if wanted to tell me he would in time and that's when it hit me.

I trusted Jack and that's why I didn't ask about it, if it were any other guy then I would have screamed, shouted, hit or done something by now but not to Jack, because I trust Jack.

I looked at him and smiled, as he smiled back at me, just the smile made me feel safe, loved and cared for and that's all I needed to know.

“Ok!” I said as I took Jack's hand. Jack leant down and kissed my lips gently and led me to the front door and looked at me again.

“Let's go!” I finally said as we made our way out the door to the limousine waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs.

“We are gathered here today to say goodbye to Marianne and Frank MacKenzie but we will not mourn there death but celebrate there life and all they have done for the people around them and for the people they never knew. There foster daughter, Martha MacKenzie would like to say a few words!” The Priest said as Martha got up which made everyone look at her, people were crying and some people were just staring.

“My foster parents may not have been the best role model's in my life but they bought me up and thanks to them they have made me who I am today. I may not be strong willed or confident like they were but they taught me value, love and friendship to be the most important in life and to live every day like it's your last. I may not have been there biological daughter but I love them like they are my own parents and I just hope that they are proud of the person I have become and if they are listening then thank you!” Martha said before breaking down into tears, surprising herself at how long she kept the tears under control. Taking her seat back next to Jack, she dug herself into his chest and let him hug her until she felt like she had no more tears left in her system.

Sam sat in her office at the hospital looking at her photo album. As she turned the page she saw a photo of Jack smiling and then looking over at the next page she saw another photo. A photo that she would take to her grave with her, for she new that this was a small town and that people talked and if anyone ever found out her past, what she did, she would never be forgiven.

Looking at the photo once before, she ran her finger over the picture, before slamming it shut again.

Review...What is Sam Hiding and why does she want it kept secret? someone shows up at the reception...who? Beth has a go at Lucas!

Archived