Sharni Vinson

Guest bttb-rox!

I'm not surprised, but I'm not sure if I like it. Cassie was never my favourite character because IMO they ruined what could have been a really great character with some bad storylines, but at the same time I'm a bit worried about all the people leaving. I mean only in 2007 we've had Peter, Amanda, Brad, Kim, Kit (yeah, I know she wasn't a regular) and Beth leave, and within another six months Lucas, Sally, Drew, Dan and now Cassie will leave as well. I'm just a bit worried they're gonna try building everything up from skratch with so many new characters, there's hardly room for any old still ongoing storylines. Except Jack/Martha of course. Oh joy.

Bevan assures us that 2008 is going to be a fantastic year, despite all the cast departures. It's going to be different that's for sure. That's not necessarily a bad thing though...we'll just have to wait and see what next year brings us, I suppose.

I guess everyone's realised that there's no point going on without Robbie, Kim and Tash. As well as

Lucas and Dan.

I'd say "at least there's Ric," but what is he supposed to do without Sally, Cassie et al? Stare at the walls?

:lol: The great threesome (Rob, Kim and Tasha) did bring some fantastic comedic value into the show, particulary when they all used to hang out together. I miss them :(.

Maybe the cast think that the show will go downhill after Kate leaves, so they thought they'd all leave with her :P. I'm sure that's not the case :P.

Regarding Sharni leaving...all the best to her. It's a huge shame to see yet another cast member leaving, but there have been rumours going around for a while about her possible departure, so I can't say that i'm too suprised. I'm really interested in what Cassie's exit storyline is going to be. I'm also interested in what Drew's is going to be aswell...

With all the departures coming up, I just hope that Bevan and his team of writers (I'm sure he has a few helpers!) have plenty of different exit storylines up their sleeves. It's going to be a bit boring if Lucas, Cassie and Drew all have similar departures....

Sharni Vinson terrified of leaving Home and Away

Herald Sun

November 29 2007

HOME and Away's Sharni Vinson is "absolutely terrified" by the prospect of leaving to try her luck in Hollywood and be with her TV star boyfriend.

The 24-year-old will pack her bags and head to Los Angeles to try her luck in the film industry, leaving her family, friends and the soap that made her name.

She said even with the support of her American boyfriend, AJ Buckley, who stars in CSI: NY and Entourage , she was terrified.

"I don't know a single person over there apart from AJ and it is pretty scary," Vinson said.

"I woke up one morning and thought of all of the things I was leaving, and I started crying and I couldn't stop." But she said she was determined to succeed.

"I've always dreamed of being in films and now I'm chasing my dream," Vinson said. "I'll give it three months and if things don't work out, I'm coming home."

Buckley said he was thrilled that Vinson was making the move, but she had done it to further her career, not to be with him.

"She is going to kill it," he said. "She is an extremely talented girl and I know everyone will love her."

I can definately understand why she's terrified! Moving from Australia to the US is probably scary enough as it is...but when you only know one person out there, well, it must be just a lil' bit scarier :lol:. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Egan etc. are all doing well, so i'm sure she's going to do the same :D.

Archived