The anti/hate threads

Guest Frankie

Hate is a dark and irrational term. Still, nobody's perfect, and I think it's healthier to express some hatred - particularly at an object that doesn't really exist, and therefore can't be affected - rather than bottling it all up and unleashing it at an inappropriate time. It's like hitting a pillow.

Or hitting a referee with a whiskey bottle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well alright. I saw some good discussion posts in the Sam Love thread the other day, and I wanted to know if I could reply to them and discuss my point of view on the character without being accused of crossing territory lines and causing trouble. Then I thought that it would be better to actually start a thread about Sam in the discussion forum, but THEN I thought that would only cause trouble as well, and I couldn't be bothered at all.

I suppose it would still be good to know if I'm allowed to discuss things in love threads, even if I don't love the characters. Used to be that you could talk to people about anything you wanted, as long as it wasn't abusive... but now abuse just seems to go hand in hand with disagreement so.. I don't know. I'm thinking it's best to avoid talking unless I actually WANT a conflict. And who doesn't enjoy entering one every now and then for sh*ts and giggles? Not in the mood today though, or the day before... hence, no discussion thread on Sam started by me. The end. For now...?

I think a thread in the discussion forum might solve it... people come in the love and hate thread to just vent or gush and sadly don't always want to do hear much else... but the discussion forum is for intelligent discussion .... .... thats what it says on the tin :P ... .... and we are all for that.....if you like the mods could start it off to sort of ta ke the heat away from the pro and anti Sam fans.... and point out this is serious stuff.... so if you PM or MSN us the points we can kick it off and see where it goes.... what do you think?

Not much point getting the mods to do it incognito now that I've already posted the thought here :P. I just don't have the energy for it at the moment. If I could reply to existing posts, that would be easier, which is why I was asking about the other thread I guess... I'd like to be able to post random observations without being pounced on, but I don't care enough to start a whole big thing about it. I'm feeling a whole lotta meh right now. I wonder about rules aaaaalll the time (as you know) and I feel like just asking about them is causing trouble I don't want. I know it's an inconvenience having to explain specifics to pedantic worriers :rolleyes:. That's why I decided against asking... but then you FORCED me Frankie, so you've brought this extra pointless rambling on yourself :P

No... don't worry about it... I think... whatever you are comfortable with...when you are feeling less ......meh...... go for it... post the thread in the discussion forum... the worst that can happen is I come along and pounce and you ... :P .... the love and hate threads are rather polarised and maybe too.... err... overly emotional... for want of a better word... but the discussion forum might get a much more adult and reasoned response.... one would hope so any way..... I have recently noticed a couple of posters who seem to see both points of view so thats a start.

Archived