Chris Hemsworth in STAR TREK

Guest Frankie

24-year-old Hemsworth will be playing young James T. Kirk's father, George Samuel Kirk Sr. According to the site, when he read for the part, the filmmakers, including Abrams, were so blown away by him that he was offered the role on the spot.

Hah! That's awesome :D. Eeee I'm so excited. I picked some good people to fall in love with! lol. I knew they wouldn't leave me for too long... *rocks back and forth and waits to see them again... soon... soon....*

I was sooooo tempted to post news of this last night! My brother found the article on a website yesterday and was rather intrigued. But as I wasn't completely sure whether it was true, I decided not to post. Silly me :P.

If I see the film (my brother is a Trek fan so I probably will), i'll just be thinking that it's Kim all of the time though! :lol:

I was sooooo tempted to post news of this last night! My brother found the article on a website yesterday and was rather intrigued. But as I wasn't completely sure whether it was true, I decided not to post. Silly me :P.

If I see the film (my brother is a Trek fan so I probably will), i'll just be thinking that it's Kim all of the time though! :lol:

i prob wont regognise him, they wear tht much wierd make-up :lol:

All I could think of while I was reading this is Kim singing: "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk. Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cuz we can't find reverse."

Shatner was the original Kirk though, right? Obviously he won't be in this, because he's about 70 now, and this is a prequal so... that wouldn't work at all. Also, his character was killed off at a much younger age than he is now so it doubly wouldn't work. I'm not a Trekkie, but I did see a William Shatner biography once :P. I was mostly in it for Boston Legal.

All that aside, I'm gonna keep having fun with my imaginings :)

*Imagines Chris doing a spoken-word performance of "The Real Slim Shady" ala Shatner in Futurama...*

"How can you do a spoken-word version of a rap song!?"

"He FOUND a way..."

^_^

Archived