Love Has Arrived

Guest valli

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally chapter 7 is here! It’s the chapter you all have been waiting for :P

I won’t use this long time with the next chapter. All my exams are finally over, so now I have more time writing :)

I have used a different style now; just to see if it’s better with more space. Let me know what you think. If you like it I’ll keep it this way, if you don’t like it… well then I’m going back to the old style

Enjoy :D

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 7. The L-word

The next day it was back to school. Everyone was tired and wanted to go home. Well, except Jack. He was walking with a big smile and was ready to talk to Martha. If he could find her. He hoped she was back at school today. Another day without her he couldn’t handle.

Fortunately, she was at school. She was talking to Tasha. He got nervous as he saw her, but he pulled himself together and went over to them. He stopped a few meters away from them, so he could hear what they were talking about.

“I can’t believe how stupid Jack can be sometimes!” Tasha was laying all cards on the table for Martha.

“What did he do?”

Jack stopped breathing for a moment. If she didn’t know, he could prevent her from finding out! He was about to run over to them when he remembered that he needed to breath. He let out a sigh, but then he stopped when he heard what Tasha said:

“You don’t know?! Jack slept with two girls in Robbie’s bed last weekend!” she replied eagerly. She was thrilled that she for once could be the one to break the news. Jack moaned. So much for that opportunity! He looked at Martha. Her face looked sad, not shocked like he expected. Maybe there was still hope? He walked over to them. Martha looked down as he came over. Tasha was still in a good mood, but that changed when she realised what she had done.

“I have something I need to do somewhere,” she excused herself and almost ran off.

“So… How have you been?” Martha asked, still not looking up. Jack realised that she was feeling guilty!

“I’m fine, thanks,”

“Look, I need to go. See you later,” she said and took off, without even looking at Jack.

Oh great! Can we never have a normal conversation again?!’ he thought and went to the classroom.

He jumped off the bus when he got home. He went inside and followed his usual habits: throw the backpack on the floor, get some coffee and say something nasty to Lucas. The last thing was a bit difficult considering that Lucas refused to talk to him because he had broken his promise. Not that Jack had a problem with that.

He took the coffee with him to the room and sat down on the bed. There were a lot ’what if’s going through his head. What if he hadn’t slept with Mary and Lucy? What if Tasha hadn’t told Martha? He shook his head. It was no point sitting wondering ’what if’. He put the coffee down and turned on the computer. He was going to find Martha, no matter how hard it was going to get.

He went into some search page and searched for her name. He got two matches. One with the name Julie Mackenzie and one with the name Eric Mackenzie. He assumed that they were her parents. It was only the old address, so he was back to where he began. He decided to talk to Robbie. Even though he probably was still angry with Jack, he might know where she lived.

“Hi, it’s me,” Jack said as Robbie picked up the phone.

“Hi. What do you want?” it was obvious that talking to Jack wasn’t first at Robbie’s list of things he wanted to do.

“I was just wondering if you knew where Martha lives?”

Jack prayed that he knew.

“No, I don’t. If there’s nothing more, I really need to go,”

Jack sighed. He had hoped that Robbie would know. He couldn’t think of anyone else who might know. They said good-bye and hung up. Jack needed some air, so he went outside.

After ten minutes of walking, Jack sat down on one of the benches in the park. He was tired and sad. Martha was for now out of reach and he couldn’t think of a way to get her within reach. He looked up when he heard footsteps. To his surprise (and dislike), Mary came towards him.

“Hi sexy!” she said as she sat down.

“Hi,” Jack mumbled.

“You know, I have been thinking,”

“That’s something new,” Jack mumbled for himself.

“I might have been a bit harsh at school. I apologize. But I still believe that we are meant to be,” she said and leant closer to him. He leant away from her.

“I don’t thin…” he started, but before he could say anything else, Mary kissed him. He was so shocked that he didn’t react at first. But then he realised what was happening and pulled himself away. He heard a noise and turned around and to his surprise; there stood Martha. He smiled to her, before he realised what she had seen.

“This is not what you think…” he started, but she took off before he got any further. He got up and ran after her. He ignored Mary, who was yelling that he couldn’t just leave her.

Jack ran after Martha. He was surprised that she was so fast, but after about 500 meters he caught up with her. He grabbed her arm and stopped her.

“Hey, would you just stop for a second?” he asked while breathing heavily.

“Leave me alone!” she screamed and tried to get loose, but Jack was too strong.

“What you saw back there, it’s not what you think. She kissed me, not the other way around,”

Martha stopped trying to get loose, but she looked sceptical at him.

“Are you going to listen to me now?”

She nodded. Jack gave her a smile.

“I’m not trying to hurt you. I just want to talk,”

“I really hurt you when I called you creepy, didn’t I?”

The question caught Jack off guard. He opened his mouth several times, but no words came out.

“I knew it,” she said and tears came down her cheek and she turned away. At that moment Jack realised just how sorry Martha was. He then felt more sorry for her than he did for himself.

“You don’t have to worry about it. I forgive you,”

She looked confused at him.

“You forgive me? But…”

He laid his finger on her lips, as a signal that she should be quiet.

“You hurt me at that time, but I realise now that you were just being honest,”

She smiled for the first time since she had called him creepy. He could see that she was blushing.

“But what it is with me?” she said as she looked up.

“What do you mean?”

“Why are you willing to change… just for me? I’m just a normal girl,”

And before Jack got time to think over what he was saying, he blurted out:

“Because I love you!”

Preview: From :o to :blush:

I like it better with more space. It's easier to read. :)

Tasha :angry: Why did she have to tell Martha?

Jack told her he loved her. :wub:

How is Martha going to react? I hope she likes him too. But I guess she likes him; otherwise, she wouldn't avoid him and run away from him when he's with another girl, right? <_<

More please.

Get ready to be shocked :P *Coughs* I mean

Enjoy :D

Chapter 8. Sneaking in windows is never a good idea

Martha froze on the spot and her eyes were constantly opening and closing, as if she couldn’t believe what he just had blurted out. Jack looked at her, still oblivious to what he had said. Then it hit him; like a solid rock would hit you in head as you were about to propose.

“I didn’t mean…” he begun, but her mouth was still wide open; so were her eyes. So he stopped. He didn’t want to make things worse.

“I…” was the only word that got out of her mouth before she turned around and ran, as if the devil himself was behind her.

“Martha!” he yelled after her, but she didn’t stop. She didn’t even look behind. So he did the only thing he could think of: he ran after her.

After running for a while, they got to an old mansion that had been deserted for many years. As far as Jack knew everything, like the shower and the toilet, was still working, so there was no reason to not buy it. It was a beautiful house with a big garden and a quiet neighbourhood. The only problem was its history. Jack couldn’t remember it properly, but what he could remember, went something like this:

One night a long time ago, a lovely young girl lived in the mansion on the hill. She lived there all alone, except from the times when the boys from the village came to see her. One day, when Billy Thompson came to see her, she didn’t answer the door. He assumed something was wrong, so he went inside. He found her on the bed, naked and stabbed through the heart. Her eyes were wide open and her mouth had frozen in a silent scream. She was cold, but still, her beauty struck Billy. According to the legend, he slept with her. The next day he was found dead behind an old shaft. Naked and stabbed through the heart, just like the girl. Rumours had it that she haunts the old mansion, looking for revenge…

Jack remembered how the story used to scare the crap out of him when he was younger. His mother used to tell him that story at bedtime. He loved ghost stories. And his mother was such a great storyteller; she made him believe everything she said, even though he knew that it couldn’t be true.

A sudden puff pulled him out of his child memories. He looked at the old mansion; he saw Martha entering.

Is this where she lives?’ he was surprised. He didn’t think anyone would want to live in that creepy, old house. But maybe she didn’t know about the legend. He could tell it to her, and then she would freak out and she would have had to live somewhere else. And then he could be her saving angel; he could say that she could stay at his place and she would say yes. Feelings would arise from the deepest places of their hearts and they would get married and live happily ever after.

He giggled from these childish thoughts and went closer to the mansion. As he got closer, he could feel goosebumps on his back.

Maybe I have seen to many horror films?’ he thought to himself and tried to calm down his heart; it was jumping uncontrolled around in his chest. He took a deep breath and grabbed the handle and slowly pushed it down. He almost jumped two meters up in the air when his cell phone rang. He looked at it; it was Tony calling. He looked at his watch and was surprised when he saw what it was. He had been out for ages. He answered the phone and as he expected; Tony wanted him home. He looked one more time at the mansion and promised himself that he would come back.

At school the next day, he saw how Martha was avoiding him. Unfortunately, Mary wasn’t doing the same. She was in fact doing the opposite; she was stalking him. He couldn’t get rid of her; she even followed him in to the men’s room.

“Um… shouldn’t you get out?” he asked when she wouldn’t take the hint.

“Why would I do that? I could risk that you climb out the window and run away from me,”

Jack just shook his head and took her sweater and threw her out of the room. He couldn’t believe how stupid Mary could be sometimes.

Maybe I should climb out the window, just to see if I can get rid of her?” he thought as he emptied his bladder. He just hoped that Martha wouldn’t take Mary’s stalking as a sign that he didn’t mean what he said. Because he did mean it. No matter how much trouble she was going to cause, he would always love her. And based on that, he decided to visit her later the same day.

He became more sure of his decision as the day went by. Martha went the opposite direction every time he was near. It was obvious that he needed to talk to her; clean the air. Maybe he could get her to tell him how she felt? Even though, when he was being honest with himself, he wasn’t completely sure that he would accept her answer, since there was a possibility that she didn’t love him back. But he wasn’t going to give up. She was to special to just give up on.

It was dark before Jack decided that it was time to go. He snuck out without anyone seeing him (especially not Lucas) and walked the whole way to the mansion.

When he got there, he could see that some of the lights were on. That meant she was home. He knocked on the door and waited for her to open. When she opened the door, she didn’t exactly have the expression he was hoping for. She looked scared and confused.

“Hi, can I come in?”

She hesitated, but she moved so he could get in. He went inside and looked around. The place smelled like his grandfather’s house. And he had never liked that smell. He turned around and faced her.

“I can understand if you’re more confused than happy…” he began. She didn’t say anything; she just kept on looking at him, waiting for more.

“But I meant what I said. I do love you,” he waited for a reaction. When he didn’t get one, he continued. “And I know that it was wrong to blurt it out like that, but at least now it’s out in the open,” this time he got a reaction.

“Why? So you could mess me around?”

“Is that what you think?”

“Can you blame me? You kiss another girl and then tell me that you love me. How am I supposed to know if you’re telling the truth?”

Jack was trying to come up with an answer, but he couldn’t think of one. He knew that she was right. He picked the worst timing ever. A lot of that was Mary’s fault, but he had to take some responsibility himself.

“There is no way you can know that I’m being honest,” he said at last. She shook her head and looked down.

“Then I think you should leave,”

She guided him to the door. He looked at her with sad eyes, trying to make her change her mind. It didn’t work. She closed the door with him on the outside.

He looked around while fighting the tears back. He looked to the side. He saw an open window and got one of the worst ideas ever. He decided to sneak in. He went over to the window and looked in. When he had got the idea of sneaking in, he had forgot to check which room it was. Because now he was looking in at the bathroom where Martha was getting ready for a shower. And since you normaly don’t shower with your clothes on, she was naked. Jack looked at her with wide open eyes, knowing that he had just made things a whole lot worse for himself.

Preview: Now you have done it big time Jack! :angry: Will Martha forgive him or will she run away from him? :unsure:

This is not the reaction I wanted. Martha was supposed to say "I love you too". :wink:

Mary really doesn't get it, does she? :rolleyes: Go away, Jack doesn't like you! :angry:

I wouldn't like to live in that old mansion. Sounds too scary! *shivers*

:o He saw her naked. He's in big trouble now.

If Martha doesn't forgive him in the next chapter, she will forgive him eventually, right? <_<

Please update soon.

Archived