Love Has Arrived

Guest valli

I just read the first chapters! Your fic is really good!

Jack's got it bad! :)

Poor Martha! :(

Jack's going to be there for her, isn't he? :)

Lucas is funny and annoying. He can't get a prom date? I'm sure he could find a date without Jack's help!

More please.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you guys :)

Enjoy :D

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 3. Truth can be a bitch sometimes.

Jack dropped the paper and was about to go over to her, when Robbie grabbed his sweater and pulled him back.

”What did you do that for?” Jack asked.

”It’s not a very good idea to confront her about something like this.”

”You’re probably right.”

Robbie let go of Jack, and Jack looked after Martha. He couldn’t help, but to feel sorry for her. He wanted to tell her that he would help her, support her.

”Hey, we have to go if we’re going to make the class in time.” Kim said and went towards the doors. Robbie and Jack followed.

In the classroom, Jack looked at Martha pretty much the whole time. He couldn’t take his eyes of her. Mr. Beckley called Martha up, so she could introduce herself. She went up and talked to him. Jack couldn’t hear what they were saying, but it seemed like she was telling him that she didn’t wanted to tell everyone who she was. Mr. Beckley nodded.

”If anyone would like to get to know your new classmate, you can talk to her later.”

And as the day before, the bell rang, and Martha almost ran out of the classroom. But this time Jack followed her. She went to the ladies room. Of course, Jack couldn’t follow her in there, so he waited outside. When she came out, she came so fast that she and Jack crashed and she dropped her books.

”I’m so, so sorry!” Jack said and went down to pick up her books.

”It’s okay.” Martha said. She had already picked up two of the books, and she was going to pick up the third one as well, except that Jack was picking up that book too. His hand landed on her’s and she blushed. She pulled her hand back and stood up. Jack took the book and gave it to her.

”Thank you.” she mumbled and continued walking. Jack sighed as she walked further and further away from him. He just couldn’t find the right words to say. Robbie came up from behind him.

”What just happened here?”

”Nothing much.”

”And I’m supposed to be satisfied with that answer?”

”Yeah, you are.”

Robbie raised his eyebrows, and giggled.

“If you and Martha end up married, I’m seriously going to laugh!”

“And you are seriously not invited to the wedding!”

They both laughed. Robbie was a fun person to be with, he always made you laugh when you needed it the most.

Jack needed to talk to Tony. Maybe Tony knew what he could say to Martha…

”Dad?” Jack called out when he walked in the door. No answer. Lucas came down the stairs with silly grin.

”Wipe that grin off your face! You look ridiculous!” Jack said, and was about to throw the backpack on the floor, then he remembered that he should keep Tony in a good mood.

“My date, please?” Lucas smirked.

“What?”

“I want my date…”

Jack suddenly remembered what Lucas had told him and was about to complain when Tony walked in. Both Lucas and Jack almost attacked him when he put his foot inside the door. Unfortunately for Jack, Lucas was faster.

“Dad, Jack slept with some random girl here the other night!”

Tony tried to avoid being run down, and when he heard what Lucas said; he just looked at Jack with disappointment in his eyes.

“Jack, I want to talk to you in the kitchen. Lucas, you can go to your room.”

“Dad, I…”

“Now, Jack!”

Jack shuffled out to the kitchen and sat down by the table. He heard Tony entering, so he looked down. He couldn’t look Tony in the eyes.

“I want an explanation!”

Jack put his head in his hand and tried not to cry. Facing his dad like this was tough. If only Lucas would have kept his big mouth shut!

“It was a mistake. I wasn’t thinking!”

“That’s obvious.”

“I promise that I’m never going to do it again! Never, ever!”

Jack realised that he sounded like a five-year-old, but he didn’t care. He had to convince Tony that he was a changed man.

Tony sighed. He didn’t know he could trust Jack or not. Jack gave him an innocent smile and tried to look cute. Tony laughed.

“You remind me of your mother. She would always smile sweetly and look cute when she had done something wrong.”

Jack giggled. It wasn’t often Tony talked about his mother, but when he did, she sounded like she was some sort of an angel. Just like Martha…

“Hey, Dad. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. Go ahead.”

“There’s this girl in my class. I really like her, but I…”

“You just don’t know what to say to her?” Tony smiled.

“Kind of. She’s the only survivor from the siege, so I don’t want to upset her, or anything like that.”

This took Tony aback.

“I see. Well, you just have to tell her what you know, and that you will support her. I don’t really know. It’s hard to tell.”

“I think I’m going to try that. Thanks for the advice, Dad! And you can trust that I won’t be sleeping with random girls anymore.”

Tony smiled as Jack walked out of the kitchen and up to his room. He ran in to Lucas at the top of the stairs.

“Your little plan didn’t work, brat!”

Lucas looked grumpy and took off to his room.

“Oh, and I won’t be finding you a date!” Jack yelled after him. He laughed and went in to his room. He couldn’t wait for the next day, because he was going to talk to Martha. Maybe get a bit closer to this mystic angel…

Preview: Jackyboy to the rescue! :P

I hope Martha will stop running away. How can Jack talk to her if she doesn't listen to him?

Tony is very forgiving and understanding.

Lucas had better shut up, now he won't have a date for the prom. :P

Little brothers and sisters can be annoying sometimes, can't they? :ph34r: At least, my little sister can be sometimes. :)

More please.

Thanks you guys :) Your comments are much appreciated.

Looks like I’ve been getting your hopes up. Well, then I only have one thing to say: Go SuperJacky! :P

Enjoy :D

Content not suitable for younger readers

Chapter 4. My hero

Jack’s phone rang, telling him that it was time to get up. He moaned. He was really tired and not in the mood to get up. He tried to come up with an excuse not to go to school, but he knew that Tony wouldn’t buy it. Then it hit him that he was going to talk to Martha, and he got up in a hurry. He ate some breakfast and started walking round in the house, waiting for the bus to arrive. Tony got up and came downstairs.

“Hey, try not to wear out the floor, would you?” Tony teased.

“I won’t,” Jack grinned.

“Are you waiting for the bus?”

“Is it that obvious?”

Tony nodded. Jack smiled. It was almost impossible to hide anything from Tony. He heard the bus and said to good-bye to Tony and ran outside. He got a comment from the driver ’if he was really looking forward to school’, which he ignored. Nothing could get Jack in a bad mood, not today.

Jack jumped out of the bus and immediately started looking for Martha. Unfortunately, the only people he knew that he could see, was Kim, Robbie and Tasha. He tried to hide how disappointed he was; he had hoped that he would get to talk to her straight away. The others could see his disappointment and looked at each other with silly grins.

“Not who you hoped for?” Kim teased as Jack came over to them.

Jack gave him an annoyed look. Tasha giggled.

“Martha isn’t coming before later. She had an appointment somewhere,” She said.

“What? How do you know? Have you talked to her? Are you friends with her?”

“Hey, don’t shoot the messenger!” Tasha exclaimed, before she started to laugh.

“What is it with this girl? You seem obsessed with her,” Robbie asked.

Jack tried to come up with an answer, but he couldn’t find one.

“Oh my God, are you in love?!” Tasha almost yelled out.

“Shush, I don’t want everyone to know,” Jack said and put his hand on Tasha’s mouth. She immediately pulled her head away and pretended a faint.

“No way! Is Jack, the king of one-night stands, looking for a solid relationship?” She exclaimed with a squeaky voice. Jack gave her a dry laughter.

“Give the man a break, people!” Robbie exclaimed. Jack, Kim and Tasha looked at him for a few seconds, before everyone started to laugh.

A friend is the best thing you could ever achieve,’ Jack thought.

The lessons just flew by. Jack couldn’t get himself to pay attention. He was waiting for Martha to arrive. Around one o’clock, she did. Her eyes were red and Jack suspected that she had been crying. He walked over to her.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Yeah, I’m fine,” she whispered.

“You can talk to me if you like…”

I don’t need to talk to anyone,”

“Look, I know about the siege,”

She looked up, with horror in her eyes.

“How did you know?”

“Does it matter? All you need to know, is that I’m here for you, if you need someone to talk to,”

“Oh, so now you understand how I feel?!”

Jack was taken aback by her sudden anger.

“That’s not what I meant…” he tried to explain.

“You just want to get me in bed! You can never understand what I went through! I watched my parents being murdered!” she was almost screaming now. Jack was insulted by the fact that she thought he just wanted to get her in bed.

“Hey, I’m not saying this because I want to get you in bed!” he defended himself.

“Oh, so now I’m not good enough for you, is that it?”

A tear fell from her eye and Jack knew he had gone too far.

“That’s not what I meant…” he began, but she just cut him off and walked away.

“Martha?” he called after her.

“Just leave me alone!” was the reply he got. Now Jack was angry with himself. He had just blown his chance to get to know her.

No way if she wanted to talk to him now!

Jack met up with his friends in the cafeteria for lunch. They could tell that something was wrong with him.

“What’s wrong?” Tasha asked worried.

“I’m an idiot, that’s what’s wrong!” he replied in anger. He didn’t need their pity. He sat down and looked around to see if he

could find Martha.

“What happened?” Robbie asked.

“Do you really need to know?”

“Yeah, I do,”

“Martha thinks I just want to get her in bed,” he said with a sad voice. When he talked about it, it just hit him how real it was. What a jerk he had been. He needed to fix things. He couldn’t just leave it the way it was.

“Do you guys know where Martha is?”

“Yeah, she went outside with Aden,”

Oh no, not Aden! Aden was the worst man in the entire school. He was always looking for trouble. There was no way in the world that his intentions with Martha were good. He got up and went outside.

When he got outside, he couldn’t see anyone at first. Then he caught sight of Martha with Aden. Aden had pulled her up against the wall and was trying to take her sweater off. She was trying to get him off, but he was too strong. Jack got really angry and walked over to them.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” he asked as he got over to them.

“That’s none of your business, loser!” Aden replied.

“Well, I just made it my business!” Jack said and grabbed Aden’s hands and pulled them off Martha. Aden gave Jack a push, so he released Aden’s arms. Aden grabbed Jack’s sweater and pulled him up to his face.

“You’ll regret ever coming out here, loser!” Aden said and punched Jack in the face. Jack fell to the ground, but got himself up pretty fast. His face was aching, but he ignored it. No one could hurt Martha and get away with it! So Jack punched Aden. Aden fell to the ground and looked up at Jack. It was obvious that he hadn’t expected Jack to get even. He got up and looked angry in to Jack’s eyes.

“You’ll regret that!”

He gave Jack a solid punch, so his head hit the wall before he landed on the ground. Jack’s head was aching and the world was getting more and more blurry. The last thing he saw was Martha’s worried face, before everything turned black.

When Jack woke up, everything around him was white. He looked around and tried to figure out where he was. He came to the conclusion that he was in hospital. He tried to remember what had happened when Tony came in.

“Are you okay, mate?”

“I have been better,” Jack replied.

“You gave us a real scare. What were you thinking?”

“I was protecting Martha. How is she by the way?”

“She’s fine. Kim, Robbie and Tasha saw what happened and got a teacher. Aden will be expelled.”

Jack smiled. He was pleased to hear that she was okay. He couldn’t think about what would have happened if he hadn’t showed up. Tony’s question drew him out of his thoughts.

“Do you think you’d be able to come home tomorrow?”

“I don’t know. What do the doctors say?”

“That it’s your choice. It depends on how you’re feeling,”

“Then I’ll be home tomorrow. I’m not much of a fan of hospitals, so the sooner I get out of here, the better!”

Tony smiled.

“Oh, and you are one lucky man,”

“Why?”

“Well, you could have hurt yourself pretty bad, but you got away with only a few bruises.”

“Yeah, I know,”

“Well, I better get going. See you later,” Tony said and got up. Jack said good-bye and went back in his own thoughts. What pleased him was Martha’s worried face.

So she cares about me after all,’ he thought to himself and smiled.

Preview: It’s party time and Jack finds out what Martha really thinks of him. :wink:

Archived