Rory Deprecation Thread

Guest 13max13

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for freedom of speech, but you should consider that this isn't a hate forum. We don't mind the rants, but you need to stop with the insults. Gremlin? Hardly intelligent.

Oh and Cal.. I know you poms (yeah i know your from Leprechaun land but still) have a reputation for whinging but really, freedom of speech. I say what i want when i want

I'm not whinging. I'm just asking people to stop with the insults. There's a difference. -_-

I dont like his attitude towards Martha. Hasnt your mum ever taught you, if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all.

I can understand that, he’s a child after all. In fact if he decided to get a bit of character, and start being absolutely foul to Martha, I may find it fun.

What I don’t like about the character (portrayal aside) is the writing. It is dire. What age is this child? 11 or 12? He is not written like an 11 or 12 year old, he’s written like a 5 or 6 year old – for example his childish insistence on wearing the suit. It’s pretty clear that to the writers Rory is nothing more than an obstacle in the tedious tale of this tragic trio (Tragic as in sad. Sad as in lame) So they have to show how much Rory needs Jack – how important it is for him to have a father figure in his life. But instead of doing this in any nuanced way that could evoke empathy for the character all they’ve done is make him look like an absolute twerp with an unhealthy obsession with his surrogate dad. (Case in point: the Jack is My Hero tripe. In particular the appalling line: But you’ll always be a hero to me)

I'm all for freedom of speech, but you should consider that this isn't a hate forum. We don't mind the rants, but you need to stop with the insults. Gremlin? Hardly intelligent.

Oh and Cal.. I know you poms (yeah i know your from Leprechaun land but still) have a reputation for whinging but really, freedom of speech. I say what i want when i want

I'm not whinging. I'm just asking people to stop with the insults. There's a difference. -_-

Cal, as a fellow Irish person I must say I find that comment by Brenno to be quite racially abusive towards the likes of you and me. It's unacceptable.

Cal, as a fellow Irish person I must say I find that comment by Brenno to be quite racially abusive towards the likes of you and me. It's unacceptable.

We dealt with him. :rolleyes:

We dealt with him. :rolleyes:

Hehe! You sound like someone out of The Sopranos! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived