Rory Deprecation Thread

Guest 13max13

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some ppl need to read the title of the actual thread.... this is for ppl who hate Gremlin, I mean Rory. So for those who disagree why post it here?

Also, people need to read the title of the forum. APPRECIATION.

We don't mind these threads, light banter is fine. Post your reasons as to why you don't like him. But keep the insults to yourself.

I think Rory's acting needs work, but he is only a young lad - cut him a bit of slack! And his hair has nothing to do with the way he plays his character... so that isn't a valid reason to hate him, IMO.

Don't go saying stuff like "Rory is crap" and walk off. Keep the insults away from this forum. Tell your friends in school or at work that he is a "gremlin" or "twerp", don't post it here.

My cousin was sitting behind this kid on the plane to Sydney from Brisbane on saturday night who looked and sounded exactly like Rory (jack Richards). And my cousin really hates Rory, so she was cringing the whole time he talked :P I dont blame her. Not to take it out on the actor, but if i ever came across him, i'd probably have a go at him for his character being such a pain in the a$$ :D

Wow I can’t believe how many malicious and nasty comments are in here. Ugly. If you don’t like the character, give us something intelligent in regards to why. Annoying.

Rory’s not my favourite character, but he’s certainly not the worst. He’s good, and I like the history of his character, it has a lot of depth and I totally understand why he needs to cling onto a father figure, he’s been on the run for god sake, he’s desperate for stability.

I preferred the other actor's portrayal, but thats becuase I’m not a fan of recasting, but I think this one is absolutely fine, a bit cheesy at times, as are many of the cast, which I kinda like anyway, but its not ‘stand out’, its believable within the scripts context.

Why would you call him a brat? The deeper meaning of the word is the total opposite to the character of Rory.

Wow I can’t believe how many malicious and nasty comments are in here. Ugly. If you don’t like the character, give us something intelligent in regards to why. Annoying.

Rory’s not my favourite character, but he’s certainly not the worst. He’s good, and I like the history of his character, it has a lot of depth and I totally understand why he needs to cling onto a father figure, he’s been on the run for god sake, he’s desperate for stability.

I preferred the other actor's portrayal, but thats becuase I’m not a fan of recasting, but I think this one is absolutely fine, a bit cheesy at times, as are many of the cast, which I kinda like anyway, but its not ‘stand out’, its believable within the scripts context.

Why would you call him a brat? The deeper meaning of the word is the total opposite to the character of Rory.

Agreed, I really don't think the idea that he is the reason behind J&M not getting back together is a valid reason to hate his character. To be honest some of you are coming off as quite annoying, basing everything on looks and 'could-be's'. Its getting rather shallow, and as far as i've seen he's never done anything particularly nasty or uncalled for, and neither, for that matter has Sam!

I've learned to deal with Rory. He's boring, has one single expression resembling intestinal discomfort, and interests me in no way as a character, but I don't actually hate him... at the moment... I just don't like him. Sam, I hate. And I hate that she constantly reduces Rory to a bargaining chip to keep Jack trapped in a relationship that he increasingly doesn't want. Jack loves Rory, Sam is an afterthought. I think that Jack would die for Rory. He might die from Sam <_<

I haven't watched the original episodes in a loooong time, but I remember that Jack had an instant bond with the other Rory. It was uncanny. Rory took a while to warm up to it because he was scared of opening up after his father betrayed him, but once he did it was one of those relationships that was solid. The love between Jack and Rory was intense, and it felt so real. I don't know that I ever got that from Jack and Sam, or if I ever really liked Sam at all, but I loved the original Rory, and I loved that Jack loved him. It's so unfortunate that he was recast, because as nice as I'm sure the new actor is in real life (he did take a photo with me afterall!), he just doesn't know how to translate any personality onscreen. I've been staying out of this thread because I'm not interested in criticising a small child the way I would do an adult, who is old enough to know that we don't ACTUALLY want to harm them, or literally wish anything bad on them... (I hope)... but I'm not a fan of the character. In other cases, like Sam, I usually feel confident that I can air my frustrations with her as a character, even if they're not always rational, and not be severely judge for doing so. But for a kid who's - what, 10? 12? - I'm not sure a thread filled with this kind of hatred is particularly constructive... If the kid actually saw it, I'm not sure he'd be mature enough to realise that it's just a few randoms letting off some steam. I worry :(

Archived