Meant To Be?

Guest Channy!!!

CHAPTER 11

Jack pushed a heavily loaded trolley towards the international departures terminal, Martha walked along beside him one hand resting on the trolley the other around Jack’s waist.

“OH how I’m going to love PARIS, oh Parii, Parii, how I love thee” She sung to herself.

Jack looked over at her and raised his eyebrows; she had been in a VERY happy mood today, far happier than he had seen her in a long time.

“You know as much as I love you sweetie, you really can’t sing,” He laughed

Martha looked offended,

“How dare you say that I can’t sing Jack Holden, I have a voice of an angel.” Martha exclaimed

“Yes in your head dear, in your head.” He made fun of her.

“Huff” Martha pretended to be upset. But this was short lived as there was a large picture of the Eifel tower and the city lights of Paris.

“Oh I can’t wait!” she exclaimed and almost knocked Jack over as she leapt on him and kissed him.

“I can tell” Jack said with a smile.

________________________________________________________________________________

An hour later Jack and Martha sat in the business class section of a loaded plane, the hostesses were going through the safety procedures. Jack held Martha’s hand tightly in onehand and in the other he was analysing the safety brochure from the seat in front, he was quite pale.

“Why did we have to fly Martha?” He asked in a shaky voice.

“Because there is basically NO other way to get from Australia to Paris, unless you want to travel by boat which would take weeks.” Martha explained for the hundredth time since they’d sat on the plane, it seemed that Jack was afraid of flying.

“Boat sounds great.” Jack replied

The plane started up and began to rumble down the runway it gathered speed as it went and slowly began to make its climb into the sky.

“Ahh” Jack grasped Martha’s hand tightly.

“OH come on Jacky boy, don’t be such a baby you’re a cop be brave.”

“I am brave on the ground, not a hundred feet in the air where I can easily plummet into the ground.” Jack closed his eyes.

“Its ok babe, I’m here.” Martha comforted, although she found Jack’s insecurity highly amusing.

“I’ll take your mind of it.” She leant over and kissed him, he was slow to respond but soon was kissing her back. The plane straightened in mid air and proceeded at it’s now stable height, towards Paris.

“Will you two stop being so lovey dovey, it’s making me quite sick?” Johnny exclaimed from 3 seats away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Almost a day had gone by when the plane made its descent into Paris, Jack who was now quite used to flying was awed at the sight of the city skyline, and it was one of the most amazing things he’d ever seen.

A tired Jack and Martha made their way to The Hilton hotel where they were staying. They were on the second top floor, Jack walked through the door carrying a lightweight bag, room service would bring the rest up later. He promptly dropped the bag when he saw how large and grand their hotel room was.

“It has a spa big enough for 10, a mini bar, a pool table, a widescreen TV!” He eyed off the hotels pro’s with his mouth hanging open.

“5 Star hospitality.” Martha stated to the extremely overwhelmed Jack.

“Wow, you don’t say.” Jack slowly came to his senses he looked at his beautiful girlfriend and swept her off her feet, he carried her to their king size bed and laid her down with him on top of her. Martha reached for the light switch’s next to the bed and flicked them off, she ran her hands down Jack’s back and lfound the hem of his shirt, she pulled it up, he got the drift and with one swift motion he pulled his shirt off. It wasn’t long before all other items of their clothing were on the posh hotel floor as Jack and Martha made the room their own.

It was soon the next morning; Martha was awoken by a sound of knocking on the hotel door.

“Martha!” Johnny’s voice could be heard through the thick door.

“Coming!” Martha yelled back, she threw on one of the hotels robes making sure she was covered, before checking that Jack had the sheet over him. She walked to the door unlatched the safety lock and opened it.

“Its 10o’clock Martha we are meant to be at Myer in an hour to check out the outfits for tonight’s show.” Johnny stated

“Oh, I’m sorry Johnny I forgot to set my alarm; I’ll meet you in the foyer in half an hour, ok?”

“Alright” He replied. “But Martha you can’t bring Jack, it’s work, you know, I’m sorry.”

Martha’s face fell she hadn’t thought that she wouldn’t be able to bring Jack to most of her modelling duties.

“Ok, I’ll see you soon.” She closed the door, how was she going to tell Jack that the first day they were going to have in this magnificent city, they were going to have to spend most of it apart. She sighed this wasn’t how she’d planned it.

Martha had tried on at least 30 outfits and was now thoroughly over it, but she put on a fake smile as the Paris branch Myer manager handed her one more.

“Wee, you look magnific!” he said as he signalled for her to twirl around in the dress one more time.

Martha, who had her back to the manager, rolled her eyes at Johnny.

“How about we go for some Lunch, I know a fine restaurant, fit for a lady of your fine quality. Shall we?” The manager put his arm around Martha’s waist and walked her out of the store towards a waiting limousine.

“I am meant to be spending this afternoon with Jack.” Martha whispered into Johnny’s ear as the manager was telling the driver where to go.

“I am sorry, but can’t you call when we are there and tell him to meet you at the fashion show.” Johnny really was quite sympathetic.

“Ohh” Martha sighed. “Ok.” She really did not want to make this call to Jack, how she wished she could be with him.

Jack walked around the city, he could see what Martha meant about it being quite dirty during the day, but it was still amazing, everything was so detailed. He walked past a jewellery store and was taken by the dazzling silver in the window; he decided he would take a look inside. The shop had perhaps the greatest jewellery he had ever seen and he was taken by one sparkling item. Jack couldn’t wipe the smile off his face as the salesperson wrapped the jewellery up, how he couldn’t wait to show Martha.

‘Bring, bring’ his phone rang; he reached into his pocket and looked at caller ID.

“Hey babe, how’s Paris?” It was so great to hear her voice.

“It’s amazing everything is so perfect here.” He answered.

“Yes, it is isn’t it.” She agreed. “Listen Jack, I’m not going to make our afternoon date but, how about I get a driver to pick you up from the hotel and bring you to the fashion show tonight?” Martha asked

Jack took this in for a moment, he had lost track of time also, but he had been looking forward to seeing Martha soon.

“Yea, ok, that’ll be alright, I’ll see you there beautiful.” He couldn’t hide the disappointment in his voice.

“I’m sorry” Martha apologised again. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Jack hung up the phone, looks like he was flying solo for the rest of the day.

Martha’s lunch dragged out, the manager was arrogant and pig headed, he barely even acknowledged Martha’s existence bar to place his hand on her leg underneath the table, it made her sick. Johnny would give her apologetic looks but Martha was peeved off that he wouldn’t say anything to the guy, she couldn’t wait to get the show over and done with so she could spend the rest of the night with Jack.

Jack looked at himself in the hotel lobby’s window he thought he scrubbed up ok in the suit he had bought to wear to the show.

“Mr Holden, you limousine waits.” A French guy signalled to Jack. He took one more look at himself in the window before following the guy to his black stretch limo.

Wow this lifestyle really was high class, Martha really must love me to want to give this up to live in Summer Bay with me he thought to himself.

Martha’s limo pulled up at a packed venue, the chauffeur opened her door and Johnny offered Martha his arm.

‘flash, flash’ went the paparazzi camera’s, the lights were almost blinding.

Johnny and Martha walked through the crowd of people towards the backstage entrance for VIP guests. Martha scanned the crowd of people but could not see Jack’s familiar face anywhere.

“C’mon Martha concentrate 15mins to show time and you haven’t even practised on those heels” Johnny directed

‘huff’ Martha sighed before following his directions and walking up and down the crowded make up room a few times. She wore a short blue dress that showed off her tanned legs, her hair hung loosely but styled around her shoulders and over her back.

“WELCOME TO MYERS, PARIS NIGHT OF LIGHTS FASHION SHOW!” The announcer could be heard over the backstage talk.

“Modelling at tonight’s show are models such as Francesca Dumaini, Elliouse Lu Viotoun, Chelse Del Rayo and of course the face of Myer Martha McKenzie. So please welcome opening tonight’s show Francesca Dumaini!”

Martha tried to see through the curtains into the crowed but it was too dark, she wished she knew where Jack was.

“Hey.” A male voice came, she turned to see one of the male models.

“Hey, gorgeous would you like a starter?” He asked walking close to her, he took her hand and put something in it. Martha pulled her hand back to find a sachet of cocaine in her hand.

“No,” She replied and quickly put it back into the models hand, “I’m alright thanks.” She put on a false smile and walked away. Oh gosh I can’t wait to get this over, she thought.

Jack sat in the second row, he watched the models walk over the cat walk ‘wow’ he thought they really are gorgeous and my Martha is the star. He’d always known how lucky he was too have such an amazingly beautiful but also down to earth girl, but tonight he felt even luckier. He got lost in thought.

FLASHBACK

Jack walks up to the front desk at the Hilton.

“Excuse me” He said to the receptionist

“Yes, sir” the guy answered

“I’m in room 21 on the second top floor, I was wondering if you could do me a favour?” He asked

“Miss McKenzie’s room, you are her boyfriend wee?” The guy questioned

“Yes that’s correct, I was wondering if I payed you would you be able to decorate our room with this type of roses, he pulled a red rose from his back pocket and make it look really romantic?”

“Oh cee cee, yes sir we can do that, a special occasion.” The guy answered with a wide grin

“Yes, you could say that.” Jack replied also with a smile

“It will be ready, sir”

Jack walked away playing with a box in his pocket.

Jack was brought back to reality when the announcer yelled !

"And now for the star of tonight’s show the startling magnificient Martha McKenzie!"

Preview: What does Jack have planned for Martha? Will Martha make it back to the hotel tonight?

Hey I'm not sure if I should finish the story here, let me know what you think please.

CHAPTER 12

The lights were dimmed and Martha walked slowly and seductively down the catwalk, ‘flash’ a spotlight came on a lit her up. She posed sexily before continuing; as she walked she scanned the crowd for Jack, but failed to see him. As she reached the end she posed herself legs slightly apart, hip slightly stuck out, sexily, the crowd cheered and that is when she saw him, as she turned for a three quarter pose she turned her head over her shoulder and flashed him a dazzling smile and winked, Jack smiled back ‘wow’ he thought ‘she was amazing’.

Martha finished her modelling for the night and was ready to get changed. She looked at herself in the mirror in the dress one last time, she really did like the dress and she had loved the feeling up on stage tonight, that’s when she realised she really was going to miss this. Then an image of Jack’s face popped into her head and the thought of leaving modelling behind her was suddenly not such a big deal, because she loved him far more than this lifestyle.

“It’s a nice dress, isn’t it?” Johnny came up behind Martha and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Martha looked up at Johnny.

“Yea it is.” She stated

“Anyways, the after party limo is leaving in 15minutes I’ll meet you out in the VIP foyer.”

“Huh” Martha was confused.

“The after party Martha.” Johnny explained

“But I’m not going I’m going to go back to the hotel with Jack.” Martha said directly

“You can’t it’s in your contract that you would make an appearance at all Myer after parties and meet the future product owners. You can’t just go back to the hotel with Jack, I’m sorry.” Johnny looked sympathetic.

“What, err, why did you even say he could come if I can spend NO time with him?” Martha was annoyed

“I’m sorry, but I thought you knew this, it is a work trip after all.”

“Huff, well can Jack come to the after party at least?” Martha asked she looked at Johnny with pleading eyes.

Johnny stopped and thought about it for a moment; he looked at Martha who looked so disappointed.

“OK he can come.” Johnny answered, but deep down in his stomach he knew that this was a bad idea.

Martha and Jack walked with their arms linked as they headed for the limousine; there were hundreds of flashes of cameras as the media loved the Jack and Martha story at the moment.

“So who’s going to be at this thing, people like Paris Hilton, Scarlett Johansson, and Britney Spears? They all go to things like these don’t they? Jack was almost jumping with excitement.

“Yes, Jack there will probably be a fair few famous faces there.” Martha smiled he was acting as if he was a kid going to a candy shop.

“And I’m with one of them.” He flashed a smile at Martha and gave her a quick kiss before they hopped in the limo.

“Wow” Jack stated as the limo pulled up at a huge club, he was shocked at how many people with camera’s there were. “Are we even going to be able to walk out there, they don’t give you much room to move.”

“My body guards will get the media out of the way, don’t stress Jack.” Martha reassured him.

“Ok, how do I look before I get out?” He ran his fingers through his hair and posed.

“Stunning darling” Martha said sarcastically. Jack looked worried, “You look hot babe.” Martha said honestly this time.

The chauffer opened the limo door and Jack got out he held his hand out to Martha who took it and stood next to Jack, the paparazzi went crazy. The bodyguards ordered them out of the way and Jack and Martha made their way through the crowd to the club which had a huge sign that said MYER VIP.

An hour later and Martha was extremely over the party and really wanted to go back to the hotel. Jack was still taken by the amount of celebrities that were at the event. Jack had headed to the bar to get himself a drink and Martha sat at a table near the dance floor with Johnny who was surrounded by a bunch of blonde bimbo’s. That’s when the manager of Myer approached her.

“Evening Mademoiselle, care for a dance?” He held his hand out to Martha.

“Nah I’m alright thanks” Martha said trying to be polite. Johnny looked at Martha and gave her a look that said if he wants to dance, dance.

“But I insist.” The Frenchman said again.

Johnny raised his eyebrows at Martha, who sighed quietly before taking the man’s hand.

“I suppose just one dance won’t hurt” she said under her breath.

They soon reached the dance floor Martha swang her body to the techno beat keeping her distance from the manager. But the manager had other idea’s he moved close to Martha, inside her personal space and placed his hands on her hips. Martha continued to dance knowing that if she walked off the floor now it’d cause trouble for Johnny and her contract. The manager ran his hands over Martha’s side then pulled her close so that their bodies were touching; he placed his hand on Martha’s bottom.

Out of nowhere came a fist flying through the air, which soon connected to the managers’ jaw with a sickening thud. The manager landed flat on his back on the ground, an extremely jealous and aggravated Jack stood over him.

“IF YOU EVER...!” He shouted but was cut off when two large bouncers grabbed him by the shoulders and dragged him kicking and screaming out of the club, Martha looked on shocked.

Jack sat on the bench outside the VIP club; the paparazzi had eventually got tired of taking pictures of him and left him alone to mope. He couldn’t get out of his head the images of the old sleazy guy dancing with his girlfriend, it made him sick. It had been at least ten minutes since he’d been thrown out, where was Martha? Was she even going to come and check on him? And most importantly why was she dancing with the guy in the first place? These questions were running through his head. He couldn’t take it any longer he stood up and began to walk towards a waiting limo.

“How stupid is your boyfriend?” Johnny yelled at Martha.

“He was just jealous and I really don’t blame him!” Martha defended Jack.

“I thought he was a cop, I thought he’d be more sensible than that, the Myer manager for Christ sake Martha, do you know what this is going to mean?” Johnny continued to yell.

“You know what Johnny; I don’t care what this will mean. He shouldn’t have had his hands all over me; I shouldn’t have had to dance with him in the first place. I’m going to go check on Jack.” Martha was upset.

“You have responsibilities Martha you can’t just leave.” Johnny grabbed Martha’s arm.

“Let go of me Johnny, I made an appearance that’s all my contract states, I’m over this, and I’m going.” She shook of Johnny’s grasp and walked out of club. Johnny stood rooted to the spot shocked, as he watched Martha leave.

“Jack!” Martha yelled at his back as Jack headed towards a waiting limo.

The chauffeur opened the door to the limo to let Jack get in; Martha quickened her walking pace and slid in next to him. Jack looked out the window and said nothing to Martha, he was angry.

“Jack” Martha said quietly, he ignored her. Martha took Jack’s hand and squeezed it, Jack did not respond. “I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry, what are you sorry about Martha, the fact that you let some sleazy guy dance with you and feel you up? Or the fact that I just got thrown out and had to wait for you to decide if you loved me enough to follow?” Jack said angrily.

“It’s not like that, the guy is the manager of Myer, he’s my boss, hell he’s my boss’s boss and I didn’t have to decide if I loved you enough to follow I had to force Johnny to let me go after you.” Martha explained, she was annoyed that Jack was angry at her; after all he’d over reacted.

They sat in silence neither wanting to say anything to the other had calmed down. After a few minutes Martha spoke.

“You are extremely cute when you are angry though, and that was one hell of a punch Jack.” Martha looked at Jack and smiled.

Jack was still annoyed but somehow the fact that Martha was making light of the situation eased him a bit.

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have decked the guy, maybe just told him where to go, but I shouldn’t have hit him. I was wrong.” He squeezed Martha’s hand back and looked her in the eyes.

Martha leant up and kissed him, “Naww you’re so adorable, let’s go back to the hotel.” She raised her eyebrows to hint that they had some ‘making up’ to do.

“No just wait.” Jack exclaimed he’d had a great idea. “I haven’t seen the Eifel tower yet and you said that it was so much better at night let’s go there.” He suggested excitedly.

“Ok” Martha agreed and directed the driver to take them to the famous icon.

Jack and Martha stood arm in arm looking out over the prestigious city. “Wow” Martha said “It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful this city is.”

“I’ve seen something more beautiful.” Jack stated.

“Oh yea?” Martha questioned.

“Yes, it’s standing right in front of me, it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever laid eyes on.” Jack looked at Martha and took hold of her waist.

Martha turned and faced Jack, he was such an amazing guy, and he gave her butterflies.

Jack got down on one knee and looked up into Martha’s eyes , “I loved you from the moment I met you all those years ago, you took my breath away the day you walked into my grade 8 class room door and you continue to take my breath away every day. I’ve tried living without you and it wasn’t pretty, I spent every day wishing you were with me, I really can’t imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone but you.”

“Jack.” Martha whispered she looked extremely surprised.

“No, let me speak” Jack said with a smile. “You are the love my life and these last few weeks that we’ve been together have been the best weeks of my life. I am a better happier person because you are with me and you would make me the happiest person in the world if you would agree to be my wife, will you marry me?” Jack looked deep into Martha’s eyes he held her hand shakily.

Martha looked down at Jack she was shocked, they were so young and they’d only just got back together, these things ran through her mind.

“Martha, you’re supposed to say something.” Jack shakily, he was so nervous.

She looked deep into Jack’s eyes, those chocolate brown eyes that healed her pain that gave her butterflies; it occurred to her that she also could not imagine life without Jack and those brown eyes.

“Yes.” She whispered.

“I’m sorry I didn’t hear you.” Jack smiled up at her.

“I said YES Jack, I will marry you.” Martha shook with excitement.

Jack’s face lit up, he jumped to his feet and swung Martha around, he kissed her.

“Oh darn I forgot.” Jack said

“What?”

“This” Jack pulled out the box in his pocket and exposed a sparkling white gold diamond ring.

“OMG, it’s beautiful” Martha said and covered her mouth with her hand, her eyes almost popping out of her head they were so wide.

“You hand Martha,” Jack took Martha’s hand and slid the diamond ring onto her engagement finger.

Before sweeping her off her feet and spinning her around once more, Jack and Martha stood there in the Eifel tower overlooking the city of love, and kissed passionately, this was the best night of both their lives.

Comments.

Archived