Quick Questions

emmauk06

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember a storyline from around 1996 or 1997 about a middle-aged artist named Gabe Farley (or something like that?) who stayed at the caravan park. He was an alcoholic and Shannon was looking after him. I'm unsure how they me or what their relationship was. I think he ended up drinking himself to death after tricking Shannon into giving him some of his money (that she was looking after) to buy alcohol? I haven't seen these episodes since they aired and never seem to see them discussed or mentioned anywhere. Can someone shed some light on the storyline? I'd love to see some clips, but I realise that is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Martin Dibble? said:

Does anyone remember a storyline from around 1996 or 1997 about a middle-aged artist named Gabe Farley (or something like that?) who stayed at the caravan park. He was an alcoholic and Shannon was looking after him. I'm unsure how they me or what their relationship was. I think he ended up drinking himself to death after tricking Shannon into giving him some of his money (that she was looking after) to buy alcohol? I haven't seen these episodes since they aired and never seem to see them discussed or mentioned anywhere. Can someone shed some light on the storyline? I'd love to see some clips, but I realise that is unlikely.

That sounds about right, yes. I think Donald may have brought him to the Bay, I seem to remember Gabe stayed with him for a while but had to move out when Marilyn and Rebecca objected to his behaviour.I'm not sure if it was actually confirmed he died, but I think he was last seen being taken away in an ambulance after falling off the waggon.I would guess at 1996 for the year, since Liam was around and it wasn't long after Marilyn and Rebecca started getting on.

Do we ever find out why the oyster farm is owned by S Mulligan according to Lance & Martin’s truck but we’re told that Donald’s brother is the owner and that Clive Fisher is their boss? I assume Clive is the brother Don refers to as the owner rather than S Mulligan.

Edited by c120701

• 2 months later...
On 16/12/2019 at 16:43, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm not sure if it was ever specified? But I imagine if they weren't, then they left as soon as possible!

They were stated to have left school "Prematurely" in 1985 or 1986. Odds are the either dropped out or most likely Don or Bertram gave them the old heave-oh after one too many shenanigans.

Edited by CaptainHulk

• 1 month later...

When did Irene's stairs become the stairs we all know and love? I just rewatched the episode where Shane was confirmed dead and noticed the stairs are the current ones, rather than the original stairs.

Edited by Luigi Severus Fletcher

I've recently started from the beginning again. I can't find the "1988 episode discussion" thread, and not sure if it belongs in the Amazon Prime thread, but I have a nagging question about this Frank and Roo affair.

Roo is sent away to Boarding School because Alf couldn't control her (she is angry at him for having an affair and later marrying Alsa). To rebel against being treated like a kid, she decides to do something "adult" and sleep with Brett. The first we hear that the sex was unsafe and led to pregnancy was when she saw this doctor (under a false name), and she told her she is definitely pregnant.

1. Why did she and Brett not take any precautions?

2. Why didn't Roo take the morning-after pill?

3. Why did she not seek an abortion, why did she insist she would keep the baby even though she was obviously not ready?