Quick Questions

emmauk06

• 3 weeks later...

I remember there was an occasion when Pippa and Michael drove it away to sell it to someone but he didn't want it so it ended up back in the park again. Can't remember how it eventually did disappear.

Although this contradicts something Floss and Neville say in 1989 about not being able to move the van as the attached motor is defunct. I guess it could have been repaired.

Edited by Sally Keating
  • Thanks 1

When did Alf and Roo move into their house in beginning of the series? I was under the impression Alf and Roo moved out of the caravan park after Martha "died", but I just watched the episodes in which Alf and Ailsa got married and Roo was saying Ailsa would be living in the same house he shared with Martha.

Alf still owned the caravan park in the pilot, so I guess he could have still owned it but it remained unoccupied for a few years, but I always assumed he and Roo had not long moved out? 

Is that just a continuity error in Alf and Ailsa's wedding episodes? Quite poor form for something like that so early in the series in the series

• Like 1

Does anyone know why Greg Benson was added to the credits in 1988 and then left a few weeks later? Just seems a little odd to me, especially when you consider he wasn't as prominent as the other additions to the credits (Donald, Celia, Roo, Lance, Martin)

In fact, I think in his 1988 credits appearance, he was off-screen for longer than he was on

Edited by adam436

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2019 at 03:34, adam436 said:

When did Alf and Roo move into their house in beginning of the series? I was under the impression Alf and Roo moved out of the caravan park after Martha "died", but I just watched the episodes in which Alf and Ailsa got married and Roo was saying Ailsa would be living in the same house he shared with Martha.

Alf still owned the caravan park in the pilot, so I guess he could have still owned it but it remained unoccupied for a few years, but I always assumed he and Roo had not long moved out? 

Is that just a continuity error in Alf and Ailsa's wedding episodes? Quite poor form for something like that so early in the series in the series

As the backstory notes, He kept the house nice as a tribute to Martha but let the park go to crap and the McPhees were his only permanent tenants.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I've recently been reminded of a storyline that happened where a supply teacher came and for whatever reason, the students took a big dislike to him, ending up with them gluing him to his chair. I can't remember all the details, but I do remember feeling really sorry for the teacher, particularly when Don Fisher found him stuck and I'm sure he was in tears. It seemed like they were picking on him when he was just trying to do his job and taking offence to him disciplining them.

What was the name of this teacher? What did he do to make them dislike him so much? Did the students end up regretting what they did?