Quick Questions

emmauk06

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2019 at 16:56, project90 said:

I know Morag and Bobby never built a relationship before she died but did they ever have moments of getting along/mother daughter relationship or was it always butting heads and dislike to each other 

From memory they never had one single moment of getting along.

Bobby did try to make an effort with Morag on one occasion - she went to visit her to offer the hand of friendship. She found Morag unconscious on the floor, having fainted, and called an ambulance.  When she regained consciousness, a disorientated Morag couldn't understand what Bobby was doing there and screamed at her to get out. Once bitten, twice shy, Bobby didn't make an effort again.

At the end of Morag's tenure in 1989 she hosted a dinner party for Donald, Bobby and Danny (it was all just a ploy to get revenge on Danny), and she and Bobby made forced but polite conversation but it didn't last long as Morag's nasty side came out before the night was over, ending with Bobby yelling "God, I hate you!" at Morag.

And there was one humorous scene where Bobby forced Morag to be nice because Bobby had Morag's personal files and wouldn't return them unless Morag was polite to her. But it wasn't genuine niceness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

From memory they never had one single moment of getting along.

Bobby did try to make an effort with Morag on one occasion - she went to visit her to offer the hand of friendship. She found Morag unconscious on the floor, having fainted, and called an ambulance.  When she regained consciousness, a disorientated Morag couldn't understand what Bobby was doing there and screamed at her to get out. Once bitten, twice shy, Bobby didn't make an effort again.

At the end of Morag's tenure in 1989 she hosted a dinner party for Donald, Bobby and Danny (it was all just a ploy to get revenge on Danny), and she and Bobby made forced but polite conversation but it didn't last long as Morag's nasty side came out before the night was over, ending with Bobby yelling "God, I hate you!" at Morag.

And there was one humorous scene where Bobby forced Morag to be nice because Bobby had Morag's personal files and wouldn't return them unless Morag was polite to her. But it wasn't genuine niceness.

Before they knew they were mother and daughter, at Alan's will reading Morag was civil towards Bobby when reading her what Alan had left her. 

Yeah you make a good point however I deliberately left that out, as the question was referring to their mother/daughter bond and besides, their interaction in that scene could barely be described as fleeting let alone anything more. Furthermore Morag has shown on many occasions that despite her personal feelings of someone she is civil to her clients when acting in her professional capacity as a solicitor. In this case her client was Alan to whom she held no ill-will, so in her duty to him as executor of his estate she spoke to Bobby appropriately (despite knowing that this is the girl who had trashed Roo's wedding dress) and therefore her treatment of her here was purely professional and not personal and can't really be taken into account when answering the above question (in my humble opinion).

Edited by Sally Keating

15 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

Yeah you make a good point however I deliberately left that out, as the question was referring to their mother/daughter bond and besides, their interaction in that scene could barely be described as fleeting let alone anything more. Furthermore Morag has shown on many occasions that despite her personal feelings of someone she is civil to her clients when acting in her professional capacity as a solicitor. In this case her client was Alan to whom she held no ill-will, so in her duty to him as executor of his estate she spoke to Bobby appropriately (despite knowing that this is the girl who had trashed Roo's wedding dress) and therefore her treatment of her here was purely professional and not personal and can't really be taken into account when answering the above question (in my humble opinion).

But I think deep down  Morag didn’t hold it against Bobby wrecking Ruth's dress after finding out she was using Frank and the baby was not hers . 

Even thought Morag would never admittedly say Bobby was right and Ruth was wrong. 

I think even 80s Morag had moral ground . 

On 20/04/2019 at 13:53, j.laur5 said:

But I think deep down  Morag didn’t hold it against Bobby wrecking Ruth's dress after finding out she was using Frank and the baby was not hers . 

Even thought Morag would never admittedly say Bobby was right and Ruth was wrong. 

I think even 80s Morag had moral ground .  

Regardless of the circumstances, Morag would not approve (even secretly) of someone like Bobby breaking into her brother's home and vandalizing her niece's property.

I can't for the life of me imagine her thinking "Oh Bobby was in the right to do that" just because it transpired that Roo was using Frank (something Bobby didn't even know).

Morag outright refuses to see the good things Bobby does even when they are presented to her on a plate, all through 1989. So I highly doubt she'd approve of this bad behaviour.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have watched Episode 1913 on PLUS7 under "Births, Deaths & Marriages", and something in these episodes and around this time doesn't make sense.

Spoiler

Angel says when she was trying to rush to the hospital to give birth to her baby, and was stuck by the flooded river where Michael died, someone on a motorcycle showed up, and helped her across the river. Angel says it was Shane on the motorbike (and this is not to be confused with the name she gave the baby, which is another matter I won't deal with here).

How can she say it was Shane on the motorbike by the river in spite of the obvious?

Edited by Old H&A Fan